Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Piercings, Where To Have Them?
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
PillarOfMight
C'mon... Don't be afraid to answer my poll, replys also welcome...

Enjoy blink.gif
darkspree
I want a lip-ring but most of the people I know are opposed to the idea. Damnit.
jessipuff
I'd really like an Earl (nose bridge) piercing done, but I think I'd be thrown out if I came home with one.
So it's to be collar bone surface piercings - easily hidden. biggrin.gif
phoenix
i wouldnt mind a lip, nose, eyebrow, belly button piercing, possibly nipple, just to say i had them done laugh.gif

and my sis has a earl piercing, it doesnt look bad at all, and if you wear glasses you dont even notice it.
Queenie
I'd like to get my tongue or lip pierced, but because i want to be a primary school teacher it's not really a good idea dry.gif

...already have enough problems taking out 10 earrings every day when i'm at school placement!!
Sir Psycho Sexy
....i don't think sean's gonna let be back out this weekend >_<

edit: should be more descriptive...its a piercing, to start a tradition.....meh
phoenix
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Feb 4 2004, 08:13 PM)

hehe and i shall carry it on tongue.gif
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
I really want a nose ring, on the left.

Although there is a really cool septum stud you can get so it looks like you have a little spike coming out each nostril!

but I really don't like the beauty spot ones, they freak me out!
PillarOfMight
EARK of course, thats what the nose bridge piercing is called....

Could i remember that when i did the poll, NOOoooo that would have been fair...

Anywho see you all round look out for more of my pointless but daft poll and topics biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
franken-sarah
I've got rings in my ears (5) and my belly button. I've had my tragus (the sticky out bit of your ear), and my nose peirced twice but ended up taking them out. I'd like my tongue peirced but I'd be sooo paranoid about swallowing it! tongue.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (franken-sarah @ Feb 5 2004, 12:05 PM)
I've got rings in my ears (5) and my belly button. I've had my tragus (the sticky out bit of your ear), and my nose peirced twice but ended up taking them out. I'd like my tongue peirced but I'd be sooo paranoid about swallowing it! tongue.gif

i know someone who swallowed it, no thing bad came of it, i think you'd be safe wink.gif
MoonlightSavingsTime
I wish I had a lot of piercings. But most of all, I've wanted a lip piercing ever since I fell in love with Marilyn Manson's look several years ago.

Yeah, you heard me. dry.gif

Alas, I can't get a single piercing, because I'm allergic to the metals in jewelry. *weeps silently*
Pixelgoth
I chose LIP as I've always wanted a lip ring but I can't quite convince myself that it is worth the agony! I remember Dayan getting his done at the last meet and he said it really didn't hurt, even afterwards. He could have had a higher pain threshold that me though unsure.gif

Mind you, I've got two tattoos so I guess it should be a doddle biggrin.gif
Ocean!
I want so many, but alas, my mother says nothing on my face.

So, bellybutton, with my sis, and I want my ears done alot, I've only got on peircing per ear, but they're off center, and I hate wearing earings because of it.
franken-sarah
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Feb 5 2004, 12:26 PM)
QUOTE (franken-sarah @ Feb 5 2004, 12:05 PM)
I've got rings in my ears (5) and my belly button. I've had my tragus (the sticky out bit of your ear), and my nose peirced twice but ended up taking them out. I'd like my tongue peirced but I'd be sooo paranoid about swallowing it!  tongue.gif

i know someone who swallowed it, no thing bad came of it, i think you'd be safe wink.gif

Yeah, I guess it's not the actuality of swallowing it more the worrying about it that puts me off!! huh.gif
franken-sarah
QUOTE (MoonlightSavingsTime @ Feb 5 2004, 01:14 PM)
I wish I had a lot of piercings. But most of all, I've wanted a lip piercing ever since I fell in love with Marilyn Manson's look several years ago.

Yeah, you heard me. dry.gif

Alas, I can't get a single piercing, because I'm allergic to the metals in jewelry. *weeps silently*

I can't get pierced with surgical steel, which is often used, I have to have niobium or titanium (oohh, Jonman would approve of that!!), cos I'm allergic to nickel - even gold has some nickel in it!

Oh, and I'm allergic to Nikelback but I think that's probably a different thread! tongue.gif
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (franken-sarah @ Feb 5 2004, 03:30 PM)
I can't get pierced with surgical steel, which is often used, I have to have niobium or titanium (oohh, Jonman would approve of that!!), cos I'm allergic to nickel - even gold has some nickel in it!

Oh, and I'm allergic to Nikelback but I think that's probably a different thread! tongue.gif

Er unsure.gif I actually quite like them.

Seriously though, how do you know you're allergic to surgical steel?
Righteous
I want to have my lip pierced like Ryan from Mudvayne. He has it right through the lip itself. It kicks ass. I'm also thinking of utilizing my extra skin from my fat-ass days and piercing from the bridge of my nose all the way up to my forehead.

My friend Matt pierced my friend Sam's ears with a home piercing kit. He seemed strangely comfortable with it. unsure.gif I had to hold Sam's head and comfort her while her boyfriend shoved four pieces of metal through her earlobes.
markslut
I desire...

A chin
Tonuge
Nipple
Navel
TerminalFrost
I believe that eyebrow piercings look very cool. But if that's not an option, the earlobe is my second choice.
franken-sarah
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Feb 5 2004, 04:23 PM)
QUOTE (franken-sarah @ Feb 5 2004, 03:30 PM)

Oh, and I'm allergic to Nikelback but I think that's probably a different thread!  tongue.gif

Er unsure.gif I actually quite like them.

Seriously though, how do you know you're allergic to surgical steel?

D'OH!! Apologies to you little Pixie!!

I know I'm allergic to it cos I've been pierced with it with rather "puss-filled" results - bleurgh!! blink.gif

My friend, Michelle, is a body piercer and she says it's the nikel in it that caused the reaction.
The Tortured Soul
I want to get a lot of peircings done... tho i am worried about them getting infected as i am not the most clean person around, i have dreads which i never wash

neway i want:

Lip (2 rings on top a spike or ring at the bottom in the middle)

ears (nt fully decided what and where and how many)

that nose bridge thingy

maybe a nose ring

maybe some eyebrows

possibly a nipple or 2 tongue.gif
EvilSpork
I'm doin' the libret. Yeah. I guess since you don't have that up there, I'll just say lip.

Tortured, the "nose bridge thingy" you are talking about. I'm assuming you are refering to your septum? tongue.gif
jessipuff
unsure.gif When I hear nose-bridge, I think this sort of thing. Septum piercings are between your nostrils, oui?
The Tortured Soul
yeah i mean the one in the link... kinda between the eyebrows...

oh yeah i was thinking of getting 2 or 3 tongue.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (The Tortured Soul @ Feb 5 2004, 09:31 PM)
possibly a nipple or 2 tongue.gif

or 3? laugh.gif

[/spam]
monkey_called_narth
i have my tounge peirced... and yeah thats it
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (franken-sarah @ Feb 5 2004, 08:52 PM)
D'OH!! Apologies to you little Pixie!!

I know I'm allergic to it cos I've been pierced with it with rather "puss-filled" results - bleurgh!! blink.gif

My friend, Michelle, is a body piercer and she says it's the nikel in it that caused the reaction.

Hmmm interesting because my piercing in the top of my left ear was done over a year ago and it's still no healed properly and I do often get pussy white stuff oozing out...niiiiiiicccccce! dry.gif I asked the piercing lady about it and she said it was hypo-something-scarring and quite usual. I'm not so sure now sad.gif

I would also like to get my ears pierced in the boring usual place as a friend bought me some lovely silver opal earrings for Xmas and I can't wear them. Boo!

I guess if I got my earlobes pierced and they didn't heal I'd know if I was allergic then biggrin.gif
franken-sarah
You'll probably find if you get your earlobes pierced they'll heal alot better than the top of your ear - fleshy bits heal better than cartilage! smile.gif
EvilSpork
QUOTE (The Tortured Soul @ Feb 5 2004, 06:19 PM)
yeah i mean the one in the link... kinda between the eyebrows...

oh yeah i was thinking of getting 2 or 3 tongue.gif

I would have to explain that by - I have never seen that pierced laugh.gif

Pretty unique.
magikeyes14
i have my belly button and my ears.. 2 holes in each but i dont wear earings...

i want to get my lip and my tongue pierced.. i also want to get my ears all the way peirced.. like all the way up.. and resize my earlobes... erm... and i dont know but i might want to get my nipple peirced... altho im not sure lol
Enslaved
Erm well, I've had alot of piercings so i'm rather experienced and if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

So far i've had:

Septum (bit inbetween your nostrils, like a bull) pierced twice
Navel
Eyebrows - left one pierced 3 times (grew out twice) right pierced once
Tongue - had pierced twice
Labret
Ears pierced alot - currently stretching my ear lobes.
Daith (which is a bit of cartilage in your ear)

thats about all i can think of at the moment. The only piercings I have in now are my labret, tongue, ears, daith and navel, as well as stretching my lobes.
DarkInferno
I have : bridge industrial, anti-tragus industrialx2 (conch to lobe around anti-tragus), tongue, 6mm tunneled lobe (hey tiny I know)

I want : to finish off my scaffold... so the poll would have to be : Ear.

Retired Piercings : septum, eyebrow, vipers (either side of my tongue peirced, my missus Loooooooooved that one, no idea why)
Phyllis
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Feb 5 2004, 01:13 AM)

Hopefully you won't also follow in the tradition of having your lip turn septic and end up sitting at your computer, soaking it in some saltwater. biggrin.gif Ah, memories.

Meanwhile...on topic. I used to have a lot more piercings in my ears...7 in total, though now I only have the original two that I got on my 5th birthday. The rest have grown in. dry.gif I also had my belly button pierced when I was 16, but that got *really* infected and I had to take it out. Though I would like to do it again...if I ever end up looking the way I did when I was 16 again. laugh.gif
Aria
Well, I have my lip pierced with a ring. 3 holes in each ear, two at the top, one at the bottom. I'd like to get another two at the bottom in each ear. No more facial piercings, though.
CommandeerOfSouls
I want some kinda piercing in me ear... but I don't know exactly what or when... suggestions are cool.
DarkInferno
anti tragus industrial..

pros : nobody has it, thus cool rare unusual wow factor (well I know of about 4 in total)

cons : brain numbingly painful. ~ >6mths heal time.

bridge industrial...

pros : cool, hip and (in my opinion) stylish

cons : brain numbingly painful. ~ 2-12 mths heal time. hard to get replacement bars in black titanium.

Conch piercing...

pros : looks cool.. with just a ball suspended in the middle of the conch... also has the rare factor going for it.

cons : hurts a lot.. but a lot less then those above. ~4-6 mths heal time

tunnels...

pros : doesn't hurt biggrin.gif heals in a few weeks..

cons : bit passe. some piercers do smallish tunnels with a glorified holepunch blink.gif bit barbaric if you ask me... but meh...

(you could of course have a cartlidge tunnel but then it takes on the pros and cons of a anti-tragus ind)
cookie
blink.gif Eyebrow peircings look the best, couple of my mates have swallowed tounge peircings while alseep, another has swallowed an ear stud while fornicating with his bird. Have to be careful about fighting while peirced, some people do tend to grab and pull, which can really hurt as well as leaving nasty scars.
Peirce where you like, just acknoledge the risks & keep 'em clean.
DarkInferno
eyebrow has to be one of my least fav... mainly because everybody started getting them done... its almost as common as navel or nose peircings

took mine out when the general population of thugs started getting it done.

(don't get me wrong. on some people navel, nose and eyebrow peircings suit them well and can look as sechseh as all hell... its just they all look like shit on some/most people.)
Enslaved
Resurrecting the thread biggrin.gif

YAY! I'm getting my eyebrows pierced tomorrow. For the 5th and 6th time. rolleyes.gif Getting a bar with spikes off each end, in each eyebrow. Will have pics soon. Yes, I'm bored tongue.gif
Snugglebum the Destroyer
*big breath*

I have my left ear pierced eight times from lobe upwards with rings, I have my tragus pierced in my right ear and just one lobe piercing which I've stretched to 10mm. I have a ring in my nose, a stud through my lip, two tongue studs, both nipples and my navel.

I used to have my eyebrow pierced but it grew out and I'd liked to have my clitoris pierced.
wolfbane
Ok, I want (or have) all of those in the poll, and I want more - bridge piercing, surface neck piercing and what almost looks like grafting - large pieces of metal covering parts of my back, to link in with a tattoo deisgn I want...should be getting my left eyebrow done twice and also my nipple next week.
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Mar 26 2004, 06:41 PM)
*big breath*

I have my left ear pierced eight times from lobe upwards with rings, I have my tragus pierced in my right ear and just one lobe piercing which I've stretched to 10mm. I have a ring in my nose, a stud through my lip, two tongue studs, both nipples and my navel.

I used to have my eyebrow pierced but it grew out and I'd liked to have my clitoris pierced.

must be a bugger when you walk throught those metal detector thingys at airports tongue.gif

i only have my lip done at the moment, might get more, we'll see >_>
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
QUOTE (DarkInferno @ Feb 10 2004, 01:23 AM)
I have : bridge industrial, anti-tragus industrialx2 (conch to lobe around anti-tragus

*cringe*

that sounds painful as hell! *shudders* I respect you on so many levels, I've seen them and they look dead spiffy!
Tigersong
As a dental student, I'm opposed to any sort of intra-oral piercings, just based on the dentistry studies I've seen with gingival recession/tooth-chipping, and whatnot. But perhaps, that is a bit paranoid. I'm actually writing a paper on it for my dental research class, so I'll let you all know the statistics for complications with tongue/lip piercings and whatnot. I just know that I wouldn't want to risk loosing teeth over gingival recession (gums receding) caused by mechanical trauma of a lip ring. But that's just me.

Sometimes, tongue piercings and lip piercings look good, sometimes they bug me -- it just looks... childish? on some people. Like "ooo! I'm rebelling, look at me!" On other people, they genuinely work well.
Sir Maxerpopple
I'd like to see someone with a butt-ring, just to be different.
gothictheysay
Cripes! Even the thought of piercing...yeesh.

I don't have anything pierced and I don't want aynthing pierced. I would not want holes poked in me to hang jewelry from and I don't see the point. Holes in flesh are scary. No no, no piercing for me...I sort of want to do my ears I admit, but I don't think it's going to get done, such a big hassle and whatnot.

Looks like I'm a little outnumbered here! laugh.gif oh well, I can be like my grandmother. Still wears clipons and has for all her life.
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
QUOTE (Tigersong @ Mar 27 2004, 03:48 AM)
As a dental student, I'm opposed to any sort of intra-oral piercings

Technically, as an audiology student, I should feel opposed to piercings of the cartiledge of the ear but...lets face it, when they work they work.

but don't do it kids! mad.gif
Snugglebum the Destroyer
As a dental student, I'm opposed to any sort of intra-oral piercings, just based on the dentistry studies I've seen with gingival recession/tooth-chipping, and whatnot

I have to admit that I have a small chip in one of my upper front teeth from my tongue stud and a little recession to the gum on my lower jaw from the lip stud. I was aware of the risks before I had the piercings and decided that they were acceptable.

The main thing is, I just don't play with my tongue studs anymore - I've had them done for over six years now so the novelty has worn off somewhat.

Sometimes, tongue piercings and lip piercings look good, sometimes they bug me -- it just looks... childish? on some people. Like "ooo! I'm rebelling, look at me!" On other people, they genuinely work well

I agree with you on that - it's when all they do is play with the tongue stud so that everyone can see they've had it done. The whole allure of a tongue piercing for me was that it was reasonably descreet and you generally wouldn't notice it unless you were looking for it.

I consider myself to be in the latter group.
emiliza
I have the "normal" ones on my lower ears. I have one on my cartiledge, and I pierced my own belly button but it tore off, so that doesn't count -___-

I want my tounge pierced though smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.