Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Piercings, Where To Have Them?
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
tainted_sorrow
My friend has implant piercings,..he said they hurt so bad,..hes had them for 3 years,..one ring in his hand and like 12 barings in his arm,..(sick lookin)...and he said that if he like touches them they like press up against the muscule and stuff,..he said he wises he neevr had it done and iwas like take em out if they hurt so damn bad,..but he said he wont tke them out cause he payed soo much for them...in my head im all thinkin..."dumb dum dummmbb"...

yea i have surface piercings on my forearm/neck/and cheek as well as my belly botton,..theyr all healin pretty good,...i cant stand the itching tho,..the ones on my neck started bleddin cause iwas scrathin at em so much,..then they started stingin,..but none have gotten infected,..none of my piercings have infact,..cept the ones i got done with a gun,..that are now streached...none of them have migrated either,..cept one of the ones in my tounge,..it like moved closer to the other 2,..wasnt a big problem tho,..

thers a pic of my tounge,...when i first had it done,..funky huh? i hated havin to use liek teh salt water and listerine...the salt water tasted sooo bad,..and it burnt the first week,..then thye listerine...omg when i used it i thought i was gonan pass out,...but now it dont bother me...

----Kal
Mata
You are clearly insane and probably have your own magnetic field by this point, but I bet that breaks the ice at parties! Equally, no child would ever stick their tongue out again if you tell them that it's what your parents did to you...
Righteous
[spam]

You better watch out. If you stick youor tongue out at mommy and daddy too much, you could end up like me. evil.gif Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha!

[/spam]

Since I have a lot of extra skin from being really, really, really, really, really fat growing up then losing weight, I want the bridge of my nose pierced going up between my eyebrows where I have some extra skin. I also might get a lip piercing right through the lip a la Ryan from Mudvayne. I wouldn't mind getting a bullring or a lebray piercing, either. Rick wants to get his nipples pierced like Tim (and, as I've said before, get a wee-wee piercing). I just couldn't do that. I mean, ugh (shudder).
tainted_sorrow
yes im insane,..i dont got my own magnetic fieild yet...but ther was one time i walked by my moms fridge and shes gopt all these stupid magnets,...and one of them like big strong ones flew of the fridge and hit me in the mouth...i was like ...ah..wtf?...i thought someone trew it at me...but yea,...im like trainin ta be a body piercier,..and the first thing i pierced..wasa dudes./..uhm..thing....it was fine til he ..uhm..i guess u could say he 'shot' me in the face...i was like ...ah ewww...i didnt know what to think...and Jim(the dude trainin me) busted up laughin...and then my friend Ryan wanted me ta pierce is last night...and i did..but didnt get 'shot'...thk god...

my brother got the bridge of his nose done,..it got infected like right away,..and he said when he blinked it hurt,...and when he sneezed he like cryed cause it hurt so bad,...

i got my nipples pierced...there fun, tongue.gif...man i just have alot of piercings,..too many as sum say,...but i like take them out sumtimes,..cause itd look kinda weird havin everything in at once,..crap i was about ta say sumthin but i had to answer the door and i fergot...oh wells.

---Kal
craziness
im getting my nose pierced (not septum or anything just my nostril, just a cute little stud)! ok not for another year and a half but it was formally OKed! ::SPAZ:: anyways, i was wondering what you people know about nose piercings? does it hurt a lot? there arent any real risks of nose piercings are there? how long does it take to heal? is it hard to take care of?

i have a few older sisters of friends etc who have them, but ive never gotten the chance to really ask them about it.

a lot of my friends got their belly buttons and/or tounges pierced at st. marks in NYC (tatoo and piercing central, many illegal little stores, where i could easilly get it done if i wanted to.) they all researched it and got clean and safe (but a bit painful) piercings on the black market. and none of their parents have noticed! amazing. im just worried that they all have HIV now. they seem fine........ well i wouldnt get my nosed pierced illegally because its less safe and less clean, and they dont care as much if they hurt you. you cant sue them, because then everyone would know that you got whatever you got pierced pierced and would be pissed at you, and they could be like, hey we have no papers or anything signed by this person ETC. anyways. i wouldnt get it done illegally because my parents would see it and make me take it out. and that would just be a waste. but yeah. im getting it in a year and a half! yay me.
gothictheysay
I still don't want to poke holes in my body and hang jewelry from them. Yikes. You people are fascinating, though. ph34r.gif

[/spam]
Sir Psycho Sexy
i thought this might tickle a few people, damn i'd get one if i had a hole in my tounge tongue.gif
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Ohhh.... Fuzzy...

*runs off to find credit card*
Sir Psycho Sexy
tongue.gif i knew you like it biggrin.gif
Greeneyes
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ May 19 2004, 06:17 PM)
i thought this might tickle a few people, damn i'd get one if i had a hole in my tounge tongue.gif

Its probably quite a novelty.....until you start coughing up hairballs
Sir Psycho Sexy
people seem to be missing the VIBRATING function of this item >_>
Greeneyes
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ May 19 2004, 08:09 PM)
people seem to be missing the VIBRATING function of this item >_>

Hey, you could drink things, and they would turn fizzy in your mouth. Or the fizziness might be simulated by the mild electric shocks. Hmm. I think i'll pass on that.
gothictheysay
I love the fuzzies! I had a bracelet and most of them peeled off, I had a necklace that broke, and now I have a new necklace I'm being more careful with. ^^

EDIT 1000 POSTS
DarkInferno
they make you gag.. plus she said she prefered it with the normal one in....
Tenacious C
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ May 19 2004, 06:17 PM)

My friend has the dark blue one. It feels pretty neat.

I would like to get my eyebrow pierced. Problem is, my work doesn't allow any facial piercings.

And my mother says, "It's against our religion", but that's her excuse for everything.

dry.gif
tainted_sorrow
OOO!....o have a thingy like that thingy!!! its got BRIGHT GREEN squishy spike stuff.and black tinted metall!!....(fave colours...'sides bright blue)...them things er fuuuun happy.gif..i tryed to eat with it on one time...kinda hard lol...and it was all coverd in food after lol....im sucha nerd tongue.gif

----Kal
Greeneyes
Beat this people...

Mr Fuzzy
QUOTE (Greeneyes @ May 25 2004, 09:47 PM)
Beat this people...

Erm. No. I may be slowly acumulating piercings, but I don't want to end up with metal weighing more than flesh. That's Darth Vader territory that is.

FHM scan by any chance?
tainted_sorrow
yea uhm,...i dont think anyonewould wanna beat that,...thats just,...uck..i mean sum holes fine..but thats just...dude i mean i have alotta holes...but thats just *shivers*...omg...ya know?
gothictheysay
Imagine all the pain of going through metal detectors and then putting them all back in! What does that caption say?
Greeneyes
Not FHM scan. I found it on internet. So i don't know what the caption says.
I just noticed something. He appears to have a set of headphones, but they dont seem to have a full strap thing. Or is that just me being blind?
craziness
that mans face is nasty. ew.
anyways, ANYONE KNOW ABOUT THE NOSE PIERCING?
Snugglebum the Destroyer
I assume you mean the septum? The little bit of gristle between your nostrals?
Fallen Element
woo! i finally screwed up enough courage and i got my nipple pierced today! twasn't too sore...bit nippy...but ok! the woman told me to leave it for six hours then clean it once... and the cleaning hurts a bit...especially when i have to turn it... but that will stop hurtin soon...wont it? WONT IT?! i have no pain threshold whatsoever, so im dead proud of myself! i didnt even cry/scream/swear/say religious mantras or pass out!

gold stars all round!

Fal xXx
Sir Psycho Sexy
i didn't swear, but my god it hurt tongue.gif
Fallen Element
it didnt hurt as much as i thought it would... however, i did have to chain smoke after it... but never mind!

woo at the piercing-ness!

Fal xXx
craziness
i just mean the nostril.
Mr Fuzzy
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ May 28 2004, 07:37 PM)
i didn't swear, but my god it hurt tongue.gif

Really? My nip was a little tender when it was done, but I could sleep lying on it that night, and it hasn't given me any trouble at all.
tainted_sorrow
when i got my nips done i didnt think it hurt at all...i thought it tickled so much....the needle like went threw and i cracked up...

and 'craziness'...whatdid u wanna know bout the nose piercings?..iv got myne done...and iv done other peoples....(training)....so i can probly tell u whatever.....

----Kal
craziness
did it hurt?/how much? how much did it cost? how old do you have to be? what can happen to you if it gets infected? etc.

thank you!
Snugglebum the Destroyer
wink.gif Craziness - not sure if this will help as I'm in the UK and I believe you are not?

Anyway, here - you must be over 16 but if you are between 16 and 18 you need parental consent. Nose piercing smarts a bit but as with all piercing the pain only lasts as the needle is going through. Try to avoid having it done with a gun - have it done with a needle, always a neater and better piercing.

Infection is rarer on a gristle piercing (nose, upper ear etc..), you should be fine. Basic rule - if it's nasty and hurting after about two weeks - take it out. Some people's bodies react differently to piercings then others. Lets face it - you've basically had a forgein body placed into your skin. If your body doesn't like it then get rid of it.

As to price - again that differs. In this country between 5.00 and 10.00 is acceptable.

Another thing - please be careful who you choose to pierce you. Check for Health and Safety Certificates and make sure they open a clean needle and wear sterilised gloves.

Hope that helps - if not you but perhaps someone else. wink.gif
tainted_sorrow
"does it hurt?": pends on your pain tolerance...dint hurt me,..

"how much does it cost?": for mine it cost 50 sumthin..35 fer the peircing and 15 for the jewery...but thats wer im at...

"how old do you haev to be?": i got mine done when i was 14 all u have to do is like have a parent with u if your under 18

"what can happen to you if it gets infected?":...when i first had mine dont it got infected and i had to take it out,...and it was just purple around that area for a while... then i got it done again...

but yea the pain all depends on your tolorence...and cost depends on the place...each place gots diff prices....like up here,..theres a really cheap place,..but there peirces sux ass....but then the second cheapest....never gets to u cause he does tats at the same time...and the most expencive is sadly the best place to go./...but yea,...

(DONT GET IT DONE WITH A GUN! my friend did and she had so many problems)

oh and yea u should like ask how many years of experience the person has had...if its like 5 years or less...i wouldnt go with it...and ask for liek a portfolio thing...make sure the stuff that they have done looks completely straight....cause at the cheep place heer...u look in the chix 'folio and everythings so off center and crap.....so yea...but thats just what i do you might not care...but its kinda safer...i do all that crap now cause iv had a few problems with piercings...so yea

oh if you live in MI...im so sure u dont...but if you happen to...go to Old Town Tattoos in saginaw...and have Jim do it....but yea i highly HIGLY doubt u do so ignore that....(but anyone else taht lives in MI listen to that)
craziness
thanks-its just that this one guy told me i could get brain damage and i was like ahhh omg! but yeah. i think ill be ok. i am 14 but i have to wait until im 16 because i wanna go with my parents and theres no point of getting it illegally, because then ill just have to take it out.
tainted_sorrow
well if your 14 and u wanna get it done with your parents u dont have to wait til your 16.....yea i was 14 and got mine done with my mom there.....so yea.....but then again it might be diff. there....so yea....and the dude that said u could get brain damage.....lol i think he already got it.....
craziness
i can get it but my parents wont let me. and i can get it illegally soooo easily i can go with my friends to the village or get one of them to do it. but my parents would make me take it out making it a waste if $. my friend juliana has it and she said it didnt hurt but i think she just has a big pain tolerance. i watched her get her tounge pierced last sunday and she was like oh that was fun!
tainted_sorrow
there isnt really an illegal way to get a piercing,..bein under age or whatever dont mean its illegal...but if you do get it done....""illegaly""...u can get like a clear hole retainer thing,..thats what i did..my parents didnt know,..all they saw was like the red dot from like wer the hole was...and that way they couldnt make u take it out cause they wouldnt know it was there,...un less u have sum like goofy A parents that like...uh...stare at your nose like all up close and stuff all the time...but yea when and if you get it done...u should like scare urslef and make your self think its gonna hurt like sooooo bad,...but not so scared that u dont wannas get it done no more....but yea cause with every piercings iv had i did that(with out tryin) and iwas like dude that did hurt as bad as i thought it was gonna.....but yea...and..//stuffs...
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
hey, just wondering what is a PA piercing?
DarkInferno
prince albert...a peircing of the frenum of the penis... i think thats the best discription
Mr Fuzzy
QUOTE (tainted_sorrow @ Jun 7 2004, 08:16 PM)
there isnt really an illegal way to get a piercing,..bein under age or whatever dont mean its illegal...

Er, yes there is, and yes it does.

The whole point of legal ages for things is that being underage is illegal. That is one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever seen.

By the way, for the love of all that is holy, try punctuation other than ellipses. You might like it.
Tigersong
QUOTE (DarkInferno @ Jun 12 2004, 06:47 PM)
prince albert...a peircing of the frenum of the penis... i think thats the best discription

Not quite. A Prince Albert is a piercing that passes in through the urethra and out the hole that is created on the underside of the penis, not through the frenum.
DarkInferno
i thought the hole was actually through the frenum. my bad...

*refers to books*

It is a transurethal glans piercing exiting below the head

so now you know...
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
ok, cheers! Sorry, I was just being dumb about the abbreviation, didn't click at all! I feel so dumb now! D'oh! Cheers peoples.
Aria
QUOTE (Mr Fuzzy @ Jun 13 2004, 04:51 AM)
QUOTE (tainted_sorrow @ Jun 7 2004, 08:16 PM)
there isnt really an illegal way to get a piercing,..bein under age or whatever dont mean its illegal...

Er, yes there is, and yes it does.

The whole point of legal ages for things is that being underage is illegal. That is one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever seen.

I don't know about laws anywhere else, but there's not actual age on piercings here. Most studios have an 18 and older policy, but it's not an actual law.
tainted_sorrow
yea thats like what i ment,..every wher iv been u just gotta be 18 atleast,..'less u got a parent,..but i mean if like u do your own piercing or have a freind do it and your under 18 and dont got a parent..thats not illegal,...but whatever
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Mr Fuzzy @ May 31 2004, 12:33 AM)
Really? My nip was a little tender when it was done, but I could sleep lying on it that night, and it hasn't given me any trouble at all.

Speaking of hurting. Does anyone have a piercing in the top of their ear. In the cartilidge (sp)?

I had my done in November 2002 and it still hurts and gives me gip. Is that common? It was infected for some time (but the silly piercing woman said it was just keloid scaring dry.gif) and then I went somewhere else, they gave me some Savlon, the infection cleared up. They also said I might be allergic to stainless steel or certainly the older version of my piercing (the metal content has changed since I had my ear done). Anyway they changed it for a smaller titanium ring and it doesn't give me as much gip as it did but it still hurts every now and then. If I catch it or lie on it for too long sad.gif Is this normal??? unsure.gif The piercer said if it hadn't cleared up in 1 month (that was over 2 months ago) to just take it out as some people never settle with their cartilige piercings. But I like it so much *sulk* sad.gif
Forever Unknown
I've had my cartilidge done and it's never given me any problems - I can pull it around just like any other piercing. However, other people who've had it done have found that it still hurts long after the event. Maybe I'm just weird... I barely cleaned my eyebrow piercing (I never found the time!) and never got any problems with that, either.
DarkInferno
I do.....

Yes it got infected not long after I had it....Yes it still hurts if I catch it or lie on.. It's a titanium bar so its nothing to do with a reaction, all my piercings are titanium..

My advice: Keep a bottle of Savalon Wound Wash (available in blue/pink spray bottles) and give it a quick spray if it ever plays up.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Piercings in the cartilidge often can get infected - and you can develop a small lump behind the piercing (there is a technical name for it but I'll be damned if I can remember it dry.gif ).

I've had my cartilidge pierced for over ten years. For the first year it had a lump and occasionally went manky. Then I put a ring in it and I've never had a problem since (not entirely true, every now and again it will go funny if it was in an odd position and I've slept on it - like Pixie)
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (DarkInferno @ Jun 17 2004, 11:48 AM)
My advice: Keep a bottle of Savalon Wound Wash (available in blue/pink spray bottles) and give it a quick spray if it ever plays up.

I've got some of that. She gave me that to clear up the infection.

Snugglebum, the lump is keloid scaring smile.gif
Snugglebum the Destroyer
keloid scaring

Yup - that's it!! biggrin.gif However, there is a medical term for it also. I'm going to have to look for it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.