Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Piercings, Where To Have Them?
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
tainted_sorrow
i have my cartilage done(7 times),..the first one i ever had got infected,..the back got like all swollen and filled with gunck...i didnt do much just like poked the back with a needle and got the stuff out...but yea myne 'hurt' for 3 years...i think...got it done in 6th grade,..didnt stop hurtin til,..like the end of 9th,..eh whatev,..yeah and i had like a lump on each on for a while,..my mom said it was like damages tissue or sumthin,..i waz like eh i dont care,..but yea the lumps are gon now,..cept the ones i have on the inside cartilage(forget what that parts called),..but yea them lumps are like almost gone,....yea the only piercings iv had any kinda problems with wer the cartilage(ear) ones,...well and the surface ones on my arm,..i sleep on my arms(kinda) so id wake up and be like omg ow ow ow...but yea...
arpeggiodreams
I have plans for a tragus piercing, a vertical cleavage surface bar (after I get my boobs reduced), and a genital project... triangle and a VCH. Lots of little bits of metal in me!
#tay
my best friend plans to get a septum ring sooner or later (the area right between your nostrils, like the things bulls have), which seems extremely painful. But they'd look gorgeous once they're done. I personally want a stud right below my lower lip, and maybe on my ears. I was thinking of getting a bellybutton ring, but since I hate showing off my belly I doubt that'll happen. nor do I plan to get my genitils pierced. XB; I won't be showing those off to anyone, either.

though pierced penises, to me, are horribly sexy. :nods:

pardon me if I'm wrong, but when you get your tongue pierced, doesn't that kill some of your taste buds? I mean, you're penetrating the middle of your tongue, so that has to do something to the way your food tastes, right?
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (#tay @ Jun 18 2004, 02:50 AM)
nor do I plan to get my genitils pierced. XB; I won't be showing those off to anyone, either.

My friend had her clitoris pierced! ohmy.gif No THANK YOU very much! dry.gif She says it's fine now and actually "enhances" her "sexual practices" wink.gif The only draw back, according to her, is the lack of sex for a month which is typical of her! laugh.gif
DarkInferno
pardon me if I'm wrong, but when you get your tongue pierced, doesn't that kill some of your taste buds? I mean, you're penetrating the middle of your tongue, so that has to do something to the way your food tastes, right?

you are wrong smile.gif

You have no tastebuds in the filiform papillae (in the centre of the tongue).

tainted_sorrow
i have piercings on the sides of my tounge even and it dont mess with the taste buds or whatever,..heh not like itd matter for me any ways,..ill eat like anything,..if its non toxic its goin in my mouth,...uh...(wrong thoughts)...but yea
i had my clitoris pierced...but i took it out cause it kept botherin me,..yea when the needle went thru the piercer dude had to get 2 of the tattoo dudes to come and hold me still,...ever time he like came close with the needle i busted up laughin,...hmm wonder why....but uh,..yea whatever....
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (DarkInferno @ Jun 18 2004, 12:02 PM)
you are wrong smile.gif

isn't there a 5th taste that the tounge picks up on called umami (not making this up) essentially picks up MSG (what chinese takeaway tastes of) contained in food

/me watched a documentry on it
DarkInferno
its actually a savoury 'freshness' made up of IMP and MSG...

Its made up of a combination of two protein subunits called T1R1 and T1R3

T1R3 is one of the receptors responsible for tasting natural sugers...and from my research into the web it would appear that it share a lot with the sweet taste...so my guess would be that you taste it on the tip of your tongue.
arpeggiodreams
Are you guys sure you had your actual clitoris pierced? Because that's VERY rare. A clit hood, vertical or horizontal, is MUCH more common, and usually what people mean when they said they've had their clit pierced.

Me thinks if you don't know what it is, you shouldn't have it.
tainted_sorrow
i had the actual clitoris pierced,...everyone i know has that and not the hood,...but yea i have a pic of when i have it done,...But im not gonna put it up u have to like email me if you want it....but yea,...
Fallen Angel
QUOTE (tainted_sorrow @ Jun 20 2004, 02:31 AM)
i had the actual clitoris pierced,...everyone i know has that and not the hood,...but yea i have a pic of when i have it done,...But im not gonna put it up u have to like email me if you want it....but yea,...

Wow, I've always wanted to have it done, well one drunken night woke up with my hood pierced with a safety pin... not the best morning in the world. But if possible could u end me a pic so i see how painfull it looks? and how long do you have to go without having sex for? dry.gif . . .
Well talk laterz biggrin.gif
tainted_sorrow
uhm yea i could send ua pic,Fallen,....just like pm me or email me whatever ,...i like need your email either way tho dude...
Tigersong
QUOTE (DarkInferno @ Jun 18 2004, 05:02 AM)

you are wrong smile.gif

Pretty much, but not entirely true. Filiform pappillae do not have taste buds, this is true, but the taste buds aren't nearly as localized as the diagram you showed suggests (it's a bit of a common misconception). It's a generalized location, which means you would find some taste buds for sweet on the sides, or taste buds for salty on the tip, etc., but for the most part, the generalizations you gave are correct. However, there will be some (a few) taste buds on the middle of the tongue.

That being said, there's a ton of tastebuds on your tongue, and piercing one area is not likely to affect the whole of your taste.
Dolty McDaft
The last time I pierced my ears they got super-infected. I'm afraid to do it again.
tainted_sorrow
well then dont do it again,....have sum one else do it:)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.