Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Piercings, Where To Have Them?
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Enslaved
here's a pic, u cant see my eyebrow piercings too well unless u look closely. (Yep, they're both pierced)... or my labret at all except for a smudge under my lip. but ya get the general idea.

Hope the pic actually shows up unsure.gif
gothictheysay
Oooh, cool. And you're quite pretty, too. ^^
Enslaved
Hehe, thankyou. *blushes*
Sir Psycho Sexy
owwie owwie, left nipple done, fecking hurt but looks bitchin' cool so righty stayed unholy tongue.gif though i might get it done next time i'm in cardiff coz the bloke gave me a slip to get it done for half price....which seemed odd to me blink.gif might post a pic when i clean it next

edit: i'm gonna force you to see it, no choice here

Snugglebum the Destroyer
It can't be helped....

What a cute little nipple!!!! Kinda biteable....

*guess what happens next*
acid_rain_child
I have the skin that connects my lip with my gums pierced up top, I'm considering doing the bottom too. If anyone could tell me what that's called I would love them forever. It's the best piercing I have, it's fun to play with, except when you do play with it it looks like you're trying to pick something out of your teeth with your tongue. But when you smile it hangs down.
If anyone wants to try it, I recommend a sewing needle to make the hole, and a basic curvy eyebrow ring to stick in it. Keep the needle in there for about half an hour. Don't worry, there's hardly any pain.

I have a 4g hole in my right ear, and 3 other piercings on the same ear, but my left ear is blank sad.gif I want to get my tongue done, and maybe the skin on my neck.
Phyllis
QUOTE (acid_rain_child @ Apr 8 2004, 03:56 PM)
I have the skin that connects my lip with my gums pierced up top, I'm considering doing the bottom too. If anyone could tell me what that's called I would love them forever.

It's called a labret piercing, I think. I personally wouldn't get one there, just because of what I've seen Geoff say about gingival recession...yikes. Well, I wouldn't get *any* oral piercings, personally. I like my teeth...I don't wanna chip them.

I have to admit, I kind of cringe when I see people who are stretching out their earlobes with plugs. Ow, ow, OW is all I can think. Also, I wonder what they plan on doing with that when they get older. blink.gif

I'll stick to my ears. The only place I'd ever consider getting a piercing other than my ears would be my belly button...and right now I wouldn't do it. I'd just think it'd look like a trailer hitch on me since I'm so big... laugh.gif I am getting my ears done again though soon. So it'll be 3 holes in the left and 4 in the right. For some reason I'm not squeamish about ear piercing...but the thought of piercing most other places makes me shudder..lol.
Tigersong
I have the skin that connects my lip with my gums pierced up top, I'm considering doing the bottom too. If anyone could tell me what that's called I would love them forever. It's the best piercing I have, it's fun to play with, except when you do play with it it looks like you're trying to pick something out of your teeth with your tongue. But when you smile it hangs down.
If anyone wants to try it, I recommend a sewing needle to make the hole, and a basic curvy eyebrow ring to stick in it. Keep the needle in there for about half an hour. Don't worry, there's hardly any pain.

That skin is called your frenum. You have several frena in your body. There's three of them on the top jaw alone (not just the most prominent one, there's two smaller ones you can feel with your finger under either cheek. There's... one or three on the bottom, I forget, and I can only feel the one in the middle right now. There's also one underneath your tongue. Also one (on males) on the penis from the urethra down to the foreskin (or what remains of the foreskin). Um, yes. So hope that answers your one question.

However, I must warn you: DON'T PIERCE YOURSELF. It's a very dangerous and unsanitary practice. Not only could you get an infection (and, if you're doing it with a friend or with something that hasn't been sterilized, transmitting blood borne diseases -- HIV, hepatitis B and C -- especially since there is *always* blood present in a piercing, as well as saliva in these cases, and these diseases are very easy to transfer), but there's also a danger of it tearing out, or the jewelry migrating (as your body attempts to reject the foreign object) or having an allergic reaction to improper metals in the jewelry. Get a professional piercer to do it. For example, the majority of self-pierced bellybuttons tear out, because they're not placed deep enough. Can you say ow?

It's called a labret piercing, I think. I personally wouldn't get one there, just because of what I've seen Geoff say about gingival recession...yikes. Well, I wouldn't get *any* oral piercings, personally. I like my teeth...I don't wanna chip them

Lol! I see I've had an effect on someone. (although, I believe a labret is actually a lip-stud. But I could be wrong)

Yeah, I'm way more paranoid about oral piercings now that I've written a very long paper on it. I personally wouldn't want to lose my teeth for fashion reasons. Or, you know, get toothaches, or chipped teeth. Or get my tongue pierced and nearly bleed to death, or have my brainstem become infected (all which have been documented in the literature). So if you're going to get an oral piercing, PLEASE consider the risks and PLEASE get it done by a professional piercer.

</dental rant>
Tigersong
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Apr 4 2004, 02:45 PM)
owwie owwie, left nipple done, fecking hurt but looks bitchin' cool so righty stayed unholy tongue.gif though i might get it done next time i'm in cardiff coz the bloke gave me a slip to get it done for half price....which seemed odd to me blink.gif might post a pic when i clean it next

edit: i'm gonna force you to see it, no choice here

This is the second time I've seen your nipple, SPS! tongue.gif

Oh, and what did Jaq say? "It's a very beautiful nipple."
Phyllis
QUOTE (Tigersong @ Apr 8 2004, 04:58 PM)
However, I must warn you: DON'T PIERCE YOURSELF. It's a very dangerous and unsanitary practice. [.....] there's also a danger of it tearing out, or the jewelry migrating (as your body attempts to reject the foreign object) or having an allergic reaction to improper metals in the jewelry.

Migrating?? blink.gif

Ew. That mental image isn't pretty. The closest I've come to piercing myself was poking through the little bit of skin that grew over the back of some already existing piercings....just recently. Twas more skin than I thought there, and it hurt and I bled and that was not fun. I can't imagine doing a whole hole by myself. Eeep.

And that's the first time I've seen SPS's nipple. I missed it the first time. It looks painful. blink.gif I'm such a wimp.
Alanity
*me imagines sps nipple ring sprouting legs and wading through the skin like thick blood caked honey*
blink.gif unsure.gif ph34r.gif
CommieBastard
QUOTE (Tigersong @ Apr 9 2004, 12:58 AM)
However, I must warn you: DON'T PIERCE YOURSELF. It's a very dangerous and unsanitary practice.

Syuu here pierced herself...let's see...multiple times through the ears, through her nose, three times through her lip, through her nipples...I think the lip got infected once, but that was it.
Tigersong
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Apr 9 2004, 06:28 AM)
QUOTE (Tigersong @ Apr 9 2004, 12:58 AM)
However, I must warn you: DON'T PIERCE YOURSELF.  It's a very dangerous and unsanitary practice.

Syuu here pierced herself...let's see...multiple times through the ears, through her nose, three times through her lip, through her nipples...I think the lip got infected once, but that was it.

Oh, she probably did. But she's also lucky, and probably smarter than a lot of people who pierce themselves. The statistics speak against it. Also, we're talking of increases from like 10% of people who get piercings done (by professionals) who have infections and whatnot, versus 30-40%.

Tsk tsk Commie. Anedoctal evidence can't override the statistics, and you know it. tongue.gif
CommieBastard
I'm not saying Katii's not crazy. She is.

Hmm. I got this lip piercing...let's see...two months ago next week. I should stop biting it now, maybe?
Tigersong
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Apr 9 2004, 09:24 AM)
I'm not saying Katii's not crazy. She is.

Hmm. I got this lip piercing...let's see...two months ago next week. I should stop biting it now, maybe?

Oh, I'm not saying Katii's crazy (just that's she's lucky, and probably was safer than most people about this sort of thing). But you're right, she'd probably be the first to admit she's crazy! biggrin.gif (No offense, meant, Katii dahlingk)

Yeah, that'd be a good thing. If nothing else, don't bite your oral piercings. That's when your teeth start chipping, when you bite and play with them.
Righteous
My brother wants to get his wee wee pierced. Where I don't know, but ugh.
Enslaved
Ri - for a girl they're greeeeaaaaatttt! *thinks all guys should get it done* biggrin.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Enslaved @ Apr 10 2004, 12:12 PM)
Ri - for a girl they're greeeeaaaaatttt! *thinks all guys should get it done* biggrin.gif

really? i figured once it was inside there wasn't much it could stimulate

i wouldn't get it done personally....not because it'd hurt too much....nipple is the worst (for guys)...apparently it just......scares me
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
apparently a prince albert is the least painful piercing a guy can get...I don't know if it's true or not cos I couldn't pursuade my ex to get it done!
Enslaved
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Apr 11 2004, 02:53 AM)
QUOTE (Enslaved @ Apr 10 2004, 12:12 PM)
Ri - for a girl they're greeeeaaaaatttt! *thinks all guys should get it done*  biggrin.gif

really? i figured once it was inside there wasn't much it could stimulate

Umm maybe with women that are loose? huh.gif
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Umm maybe with women that are loose?

No - I use to date a guy with his bell end pierced and it didn't do anything for me. I was 18 at the time and anything BUT loose!!

Did used to get caught on my tongue stud though.... biggrin.gif
Kurruskita
I liked my nose so much that I pierced it and put a stud on it. Now I have lost a couple of tons, and it seems that my belly botton really needs some decoration too...
rolleyes.gif
Bushnog
I got a labret piercing, a scared eyebrow that used to be a piercing last year, and recently 3 14 awg ear piercings.
My eyebrow got infected something fierce and I took it out because it was pushing out really badly ( nice scar ).
My labret has hacked my gums up like a circus act, missing about 1/16" of my gums were the stud comes back.

Where should a piercing be placed ?

In my opinion.......

Not on your face if your a beautiful person

If your not so fortunate to have been granted with looks like me, I see no harm in having a few scars on your face.

hmmm my question for posting is how do last years piercings look?
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Apr 4 2004, 08:45 PM)
i might get it done next time i'm in cardiff coz the bloke gave me a slip to get it done for half price

guess what i did tongue.gif blink.gif
tainted_sorrow
i have a lot of peircings,...i look kiknda weird too... mellow.gif
i have 3 in my lip(14g), 1 lebret(14g),..3 tounge(10g),...2 in one ear(lobe) 6g and 8g,....5 in the other ear 6 and 8g lobe,...2 10 g in the middle part cratilage of my ear,..and a 8g in the top cartialage,..5 12g in my belly boton...sounds weird but ud have to see it,...12g in both nips,....7 10g in my right forearm,...2 12g on the nape of my neck,...and a 14 in the part inbetween my thumb and pointer finger,...yea alot,...and im only16...and i got tats but oh well....yea if you wanna see pix email me or whatever,..but yea,...the best spot for piercings,...i dunno everywhers a good spot to me....oh well

----Kal
The Lorax
I want an eyebrow piercing, my lip pierced...oh and this:

I want my back pierced up and down like this:

O O
o o
o o

--you get the idea----And put laces in it so it looks like a corset. I think it'd be nifty.
Patient #212

O O
o o
o o

--you get the idea----And put laces in it so it looks like a corset. I think it'd be nifty.

*cringe* That sounds slightly painful! But extremely cool, nonetheless. I would never have thought of that.

Hmm... I could get my upper ear pierced. And I've always thought the eyebrow piercing was kind of cool, but I'm not sure I'd do it.
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
QUOTE (tainted_sorrow @ May 7 2004, 03:56 AM)
5 12g in my belly boton...sounds weird but ud have to see it

I know someone who has something like that, it's quite cool, kinda like a star...only I like he has 8 blink.gif

I have no piercings cos I'm a wimp!
Enslaved
A few years ago I was going to get a piercing, in the shape of a cross. It was 5 curved barbells (under my skin) with just the balls on the end visible, in the shape of a cross. I even bought the barbells, just never got around to getting it done. Main reason being I'm a slim person and don't have much flesh, therefore the risk of rejection is greater, and I couldn't decide where I wanted it.

I think that would be similar to your friend's star, Snoo.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
want my back pierced up and down like this:

Ohh - I wanted something like that to compliment my tattoo - only when I spoke to my tattooist he pointed out that because of the area, it doesn't heal well and has high risk of rejection.
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
QUOTE (Enslaved @ May 7 2004, 08:52 PM)
A few years ago I was going to get a piercing, in the shape of a cross. It was 5 curved barbells (under my skin) with just the balls on the end visible, in the shape of a cross. I even bought the barbells, just never got around to getting it done. Main reason being I'm a slim person and don't have much flesh, therefore the risk of rejection is greater, and I couldn't decide where I wanted it.

I think that would be similar to your friend's star, Snoo.

yeah, except it's in their belly button rather than just surface piercings, if that makes sense? unsure.gif
mooooooooooopo
Double nipple piercings (right angles so its a cross shape again) look really cool but probably hurt like hell...

I also seem to have an obsession with industrials but they seem to have become common and im sure I would be slaughtered by the parents (and snoo who has an anti cartliage piercing thing)
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (moop @ May 7 2004, 09:59 PM)
Double nipple piercings (right angles so its a cross shape again) look really cool but probably hurt like hell...

I also seem to have an obsession with industrials but they seem to have become common and im sure I would be slaughtered by the parents (and snoo who has an anti cartliage piercing thing)

jesus, one on each is enough for me tongue.gif

you got big enough nipples to do that then? tongue.gif
mooooooooooopo
Nah...oh how I wish...I have flat nipples dry.gif ...so evil
Sir Psycho Sexy
i had flat nipples....now they have rings in....that taught 'em!
mooooooooooopo
QUOTE (The Lorax @ May 7 2004, 04:34 AM)
I want an eyebrow piercing, my lip pierced...oh and this:

O O
o o
o o

Probably not for sqeamish people <- Actually that looks pretty cool tho it seems like it would reject really easily
Mata
Surface piercings reject really easily and they tend to scar really badly, which means that not only do you then not have the piercing bt you also can't even tattoo over the area to hide the mess left behind.

You can reduce the risk a lot by finding a really good piercer. Of course, finding one who is good is more difficult than it sounds because everyone usually believes that the person who peirced them is great and the best in the area (likewise with tattooists).

To get around this problem, if you want to get unusual peircings try searching on the web for alternative lifestyle groups in your area, people into tattoos, piercings, SM, gay, fetish, that kind of thing. Post on the group to ask for people's recommendations about your particular piercing. There's only a few places that I would recommend for surface piercings, and if people know that you're going for something obscure then they will take more time over their suggestions.

I've had seven piercings, I've only got four left in now. Three are in my ear,

another is more intimate. I used to have my nipple pierced but that was growing out slowly so I removed it, and I've had another two intimate piercings that I've taken out for the same reason.
tainted_sorrow

theres my belly botton one,..theres only four in that but i\u can kinda see the 5th hole...

yea if you wanna like see anyother pix or whatever just like email me i guess...but yea....
........HEY LOOK! its muh bewwie botton!! happy.gif tongue.gif

----Kal
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
QUOTE (Mata @ May 8 2004, 01:50 AM)
Three are in my ear

*drools over Matas ear*

It's so pretty! I vant your ear!

[/spam]
Patient #212
I love the ear-spikey things, Mata. Extremely cool. wink.gif

[/more spam]
mooooooooooopo
*adds to the river of drool caused by matas ear*
Snugglebum the Destroyer
I'll be the only one that thinks Tainted Sorrow has a lovely belly then...

*nice pants ... hehheh... biggrin.gif *
tainted_sorrow
nice pants? yee....real nice huh......hm...i wonder if i should put up the pic of my tounge,...but its kinda ick cause we took it right after it was done...and someone told me it looked like a guys mouth...i was like AH! no way?!...but anyways,....matas ear spiky thingys,...awsome as all awsomeness man \m/
acid_rain_child
QUOTE (Mata @ May 8 2004, 01:50 AM)
another is more intimate. I used to have my nipple pierced but that was growing out slowly so I removed it, and I've had another two intimate piercings that I've taken out for the same reason.

Bad times, Mata, icky.
For the record, speaking of things coming out, my frenum curvy ripped through. It had great shock value, for the kid next to me in class shreiked, getting the teacher's attention, and getting me a pass to the nurse. And HELL NO I didn't go to the nurse! 45 minutes in the hallway. Though I should've, now I can't repeirce it because there's a lump or scar tissue where it ripped through, it looks throbbing red and funny. There's always the bottom one though.
Mr Fuzzy
QUOTE (snoo @ May 8 2004, 09:57 AM)

/me heads to town with a kukri and a jiffy bag.
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
QUOTE (Mr Fuzzy @ May 9 2004, 06:46 PM)
QUOTE (snoo @ May 8 2004, 09:57 AM)

/me heads to town with a kukri and a jiffy bag.

Yay!

[/spam]
Mr Fuzzy
I got a phone call from the local piercing parlour asking me to fix their printer earlier (16 and a quarter hours ago). Rather strangely my doing work resulted in being stabbed in the chest. It's not easy being green.
Twitching
I've only got the boring ear piercings. I want to get my eyebrow pierced, and I went to get it done last summer and they wouldn't do it. Some bs about having to be 18. Meh. My mother was even there. I had permission and everything.

Bleh. But I think I'm going to try again this summer when I go to my summer program. It's in a different state so I think the laws might be different. I hope.
Mata
Thanks for the drooling over my ear people, now it's soggy! wink.gif

Tainted_sorrow, I love your belly piercings, it looks like you've not normal metal bars in there, how is the healing going? For that part of the body, and as a surface piercing I'm surpirsed they didn't use a monofilament which would be flexible.

I've also seen surface piercings done with implants, very short bars with a ball on both ends, a hole is made in the skin and one of the balls pushed underneath. As you can imagine, the body is never very happy about this and the immune system kicks up one hell of a fuss, but once they go down they look really good.

Migration: This is something that can happen to any piercing anywhere (so I'm told by peircers, I have trouble trying to imagine how something going through cartilage could wander but that's what they said...). Essentially it's the body rejecting the lump of metal stuck through it and so pushes the piercing location away from where it was. Usually you end up with only a tiny section of skin holding the piercing in place and so it's wiser to remove the piercing before it rips out by accident. This can happen surprisingly quickly! Eyebrow piercings are notorious for migrating, and often can leave a scar along the track they took to reject themselves.

And yes, Mr Fuzzy does have a very odd life.
Enslaved
QUOTE (Mata @ May 17 2004, 06:14 PM)
Migration: This is something that can happen to any piercing anywhere (so I'm told by peircers, I have trouble trying to imagine how something going through cartilage could wander but that's what they said...). Essentially it's the body rejecting the lump of metal stuck through it and so pushes the piercing location away from where it was. Usually you end up with only a tiny section of skin holding the piercing in place and so it's wiser to remove the piercing before it rips out by accident. This can happen surprisingly quickly! Eyebrow piercings are notorious for migrating, and often can leave a scar along the track they took to reject themselves.

I've had my eyebrows pierced 6 times now... twice it grew out (rejected, or migrated) twice I took them out and now I have 2 in again. I do have quite a noticable scar from where it grew out (will take a pic sometime, for ya's) but then, I like scars so it doesnt bother me smile.gif

Both times it grew out I had a ring in it, now I have barbells and so far they haven't migrated.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.