Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Got Published
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Creations
justwondering
Hey everyone justwondering here and today i have gotten some of the best news of my life. I have recieved a letter today from the american poets society that told me great news. I am being published in there next poetry anthology. My poem "for chasity .... my apology" has been picked to be in there new book. I have to thank all of you who beleived in my work and got me to persue my dream. Now this is a giant step with many more to hopefully follow. thank you all and i hope to see you all published along with me soon. well till next time i'm justwondering.... who's next? biggrin.gif
Hyperion
Congrats! That is SO cool! *hugs* I'm so proud of you! happy.gif happy.gif happy.gif
Silver Star Angel of Da Towers
I told you you could do it! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! *hands you congrats cake* laugh.gif
Fallen Element
well done! *hugs

i hope to follow in your published footsteps soon! well done once again!

Fal xXx
Dreams On Hiatus
I've been published too, by poetry.com people. It's vanity publishing, so I don't get money, but at least I am published...
Mata
Hey, congratulations! That's really cool, and it'll look good for you if you decide to approach a publisher to do a solo project.
Jaq
Hey guys, it's nice to see you got published. Unfortunately poetry.com is a big scam. They publish everyone that posts a poem. I posted a poem about how much poetry.com sucked and they sent me a letter saying that I was about to be published. They get your money by making you pay for the poetry anthologies. If they were a legitimate publishing company they wouldn't make their authors pay for having the privelege of being published. Don't be sucked into this scam.

Scam
Juiceisgood
from that site Jaq linked

Here's a list of scammers.

Poetry.com
FamousPoets.com
International Society Of Poets
International Library Of Poetry
National Library Of Poetry
The Poetry Guild
National Society Of Poets
www.poetry-contest.com
Iliad Press (Cader Publishing)
The American Poets Society www.poetryamerica.com
Noble House Publishers
https://www.noblehousepublishers.co.uk
Publishers Clearing House
Water Mark Press
The Poem Place
Hollywood's Famous Poets Society
Pen Pushers Publications
Poets' Guild

sad.gif

As a fellow writer, I'm sorry you got scammed. Hell, I've written a novel and no one's interested in it, writing is a lonely and poor profession I'm afraid.
OishiiOtaku
Congratulations! I got some of mien published with poetry.com, even though they publish everyone's. It's a confidence booster though. Try making a poetry book and sending into an establsihed publishing company. You'll got further there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.