Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Matameet 3!
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Cath @ Feb 27 2004, 12:50 PM)
But not bad enough to walk down the road drinking pints of cider and black we'd smuggled out the pub! Honest gov were innocent!
*trying and failing to look innocent*
sleep.gif

Glad to see that you were honouring me in the time honoured fashion of drinking cider and black. It's the drinkers drink of choice! laugh.gif
Cath Sparrow
And we did it with such class as well! Shambling down the road pint in hand! biggrin.gif
Queenie
If i remember correctly after leaving Mr Fuzzy's house i couldn't actually walk straight an i was the one with the directions to get back to Winchester. So didn't happen an we ended up with a taxi!!

But anyway yea... Mr, you said we could ring you if we got lost!! We got lost an i rang you an you never answered!! You were just staring at your phone laughing manically weren't you!! tongue.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Queenie @ Feb 27 2004, 04:10 PM)
If i remember correctly after leaving Mr Fuzzy's house i couldn't actually walk straight

yeah....should mix drink with....other things >_>
Snugglebum the Destroyer
I'd love to come to the Leeds meet - but there's no way. I've got a wedding to go to in Leicestershire in April which is going to cripple me as it is.

Although the Manchester one is looking a bit more promising. Gives me some time to clear the credit card in anticipation...
Cath Sparrow
Ok just a quick warning there's a chance niether Lea me will turn up at the station on the Saturday due to the fact we just ended up challenging each other to a drinking compertion on the Friday night blink.gif So if were not there it's cause we both lost and are comatosed under a table some where!! tongue.gif But seeingas I'm going to win it shouldn't be a problem! biggrin.gif
Polocrunch
QUOTE (cUt3 KiTYgUrL @ Feb 27 2004, 12:03 AM)
i wish i culd come to engladn! you guys are sooo cool!!! i watn to meet you all!
wub.gif :WUIV" wub.gif

is everyone from england hear?

OMG I WUV U 2 your SO COLO AN STUFF AN I REELY WHIS I CUD SEE U AN STUF!1!!!oneoneoneoneone!!
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (Polocrunch @ Feb 27 2004, 11:53 PM)
i wish i culd come to engladn!  you guys are sooo cool!!!  i watn to meet you all!
wub.gif :WUIV"  wub.gif

OMG I WUV U 2 your SO COLO AN STUFF AN I REELY WHIS I CUD SEE U AN STUF!1!!!oneoneoneoneone!!

*Slaps him around the face untill he stops ranting!!!!*

It's Ok she's scaring every one! and she's delagated Queenie as her adopter! Poor Poor girl!! *looks at pityingly* biggrin.gif
Queenie
QUOTE (Cath @ Feb 27 2004, 11:53 PM)
Ok just a quick warning there's a chance niether Lea me will turn up at the station on the Saturday due to the fact we just ended up challenging each other to a drinking compertion on the Friday night blink.gif So if were not there it's cause we both lost and are comatosed under a table some where!! tongue.gif But seeingas I'm going to win it shouldn't be a problem! biggrin.gif

lol... Lets make it a reasonable time that we meet at the station then!! wink.gif

Not too early!!
Polocrunch
QUOTE (Cath @ Feb 27 2004, 11:57 PM)
i wish i culd come to engladn! you guys are sooo cool!!! i watn to meet you all!

It's Ok she's scaring every one! and she's delagated Queenie as her adopter! Poor Poor girl!! *looks at pityingly* biggrin.gif

You're laying it on way too thickly, Cath. Subtlety is the name of the game, matey.
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (Polocrunch @ Feb 28 2004, 10:37 AM)
QUOTE (Cath @ Feb 27 2004, 11:57 PM)

You're laying it on way too thickly, Cath. Subtlety is the name of the game, matey.

I'm not sure subtlety will work on this one! ph34r.gif
Tarantio
well then, looks like theres a good plan of action going here. I'll see about getting me on another cheap bus ride and a B+B and hopefully be able to entertain and hold doors open for u all again in may.

As for ideas for a scotland meet, I think its best left til next spring/summer. the calendar is full enough as it is, and it gives the less well prepared of us a bit of time to *ahem* get prepared. Expect updates later this year on that subject, hopefully including plenty of travel arrangements as well as places to stay/see/do etc, since it is almost as far as fiji.
OishiiOtaku
This is upsetting! I live in the Good ol us of a(haha sure it is). I'll never be able to go to a mata meetup
Blue
Unless a quick thinking American (hah!) decides to make a US meet.
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
QUOTE (Blue @ Mar 1 2004, 05:08 PM)
Unless a quick thinking American (hah!) decides to make a US meet.

they already have wink.gif

it's just alot harder for it to be somewhere everyone can get to!
Mata
One of the US West Coast meet-up threads can be found here:

http://www.matazone.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=5849
Queenie
::bumpo::

Just over two months to go!! Can i get excited yet?! laugh.gif
Cath Sparrow
Well it's to late if were not allowed! dry.gif biggrin.gif
Queenie
QUOTE (Cath @ Mar 6 2004, 06:18 PM)
Well it's to late if were not allowed! dry.gif biggrin.gif

Yea thats what i thought... lol... Thought i better check and ask tho!!!

*bounces around* WOOO!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif
Enslaved
I just wanna say, I heard there was some discussion about a June / July / August meet and well... its not definite but I'm trying to get to the US in July for my goddess Rattgirl's b/day and now I'm thinking ... hell, I may as well go see all my Matazone buddies too. So like, if it can stay open, having a meet around then... I would be most happy biggrin.gif

Will post when I know what I'm doing.
Industrial Kybosh
That would be more suitable for a different thread, Enslaved, seeing as this one is for planning the next UK meet. To which you are welcome, of course.

Should be fun on a bun, compadres.

[EDIT] Unless, by your post, you mean you want to make a stopoff in Britland. In which case, such dedication to the cause of forumite-meeting should be rewarded with an organised beverage of some sort. Word. [/EDIT]
Queenie
QUOTE (Enslaved @ Mar 7 2004, 04:18 PM)
I just wanna say, I heard there was some discussion about a June / July / August meet and well... its not definite but I'm trying to get to the US in July for my goddess Rattgirl's b/day and now I'm thinking ... hell, I may as well go see all my Matazone buddies too. So like, if it can stay open, having a meet around then... I would be most happy biggrin.gif

Will post when I know what I'm doing.

So... you mean... that you might... eeeeeeee...!!!! laugh.gif

*runs around even more*

...That is if you can you might make it to England right?! Come stay with me!! Yea... *puts hand up really high* ME ME ME ME pick me!! laugh.gif

EDIT: eeepp... Sorry Inky!! Was typing at same time as you and didn't read what you said till now unsure.gif
Enslaved
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Mar 7 2004 @ 04:20 PM)
That would be more suitable for a different thread, Enslaved, seeing as this one is for planning the next UK meet. To which you are welcome, of course

My bad huh.gif

QUOTE (Queenie @ Mar 7 2004 @ 04:23 PM)
...That is if you can you might make it to England right?! Come stay with me!! Yea... *puts hand up really high* ME ME ME ME pick me!!

Hehehe, yeh if I can make it.

*starts a "Help Enslaved Get To UK For Big MoFo Party (and lots of fun)" Foundation*

PM me if you wish to donate wink.gif
saucy_tara
I shall ask everyone I know to sit on Ethan for me for the weekend coz I'm now a single parent!!!! But Im sure it'll be fine so....COUNT ME IN!!!!!! Mmm Leeds...Cyberdog.....mmmmWendyHouse.....mmmmmRight I better make sure I have stunning Hair extensions!!! Black and pink this time I think.... biggrin.gif
When is everyone booking hotels/travel?
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (saucy_tara @ Mar 10 2004, 01:40 PM)

Must.....remember.....to....book.....hotel

laugh.gif

I think we are driving as we're only coming from Sheffield or Warrington and that's only about an hour at the most.

Be good to finally put a face to the name smile.gif

Pink and black....I'm jealous already! wink.gif
saucy_tara
Hey Sam I'm hopin for a gropin!!! laugh.gif wink.gif
I've had red hair for a long time now, fancy a change and I'm feelin in a pink and black mood. Neon pink mind, not your pansy barbie girly pink, yukkk laugh.gif
Queenie
I shall ask everyone I know to sit on Ethan for me for the weekend coz I'm now a single parent!!!! But Im sure it'll be fine so....COUNT ME IN!!!!!! Mmm Leeds...Cyberdog.....mmmmWendyHouse.....mmmmmRight I better make sure I have stunning Hair extensions!!! Black and pink this time I think.... biggrin.gif

WOOOO!!! Cyber Dog is so cool!! I've never actually bought anything from there yet tho...

So who's up for spending hours on end in The Corn Exchange?!! laugh.gif

Your hair sounds like it's going to look uber fab!! I'm always too scared to dye my hair!! unsure.gif
WeeJ
I should probably stick my head in this thread every now and then, but May still seems a squillion years away.
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (Queenie @ Mar 10 2004, 06:23 PM)

WOOOO!!! Cyber Dog is so cool!! I've never actually bought anything from there yet tho...

Your hair sounds like it's going to look uber fab!! I'm always too scared to dye my hair!! unsure.gif

Much.. shopping.. in... cool.. shops... must... have... need.. to.. spend... money.....

Also tranlated in ypu I'm up for it! biggrin.gif
CommieBastard
Ooh, I bought a shirt from Cyberdog the other day. Do love that shop.
shib
Why can't we have matameet 3 in Canada? Yes! It's brilliant!
CommieBastard
Maybe a few of the Canadian Matazonians could get together, if your goddamn country didn't span THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS OF MILES.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (shib @ Mar 10 2004, 09:51 PM)
Why can't we have matameet 3 in Canada? Yes! It's brilliant!

Coz it wouldn't be Matameet 3 would it. It would be Matameet 1 Canadian stylee wink.gif

Obviously rolleyes.gif

Get on a plane and come over to Leeds. We'll show you a good time.....except maybe Commie who will show you a very strange time tongue.gif Might still be good though as it depends what you're into wink.gif
CommieBastard
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Mar 11 2004, 01:36 PM)
We'll show you a good time.....except maybe Commie who will show you a very strange time tongue.gif Might still be good though as it depends what you're into wink.gif

Trust me, she knows that already laugh.gif Shibs be a good friend o' mine.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Mar 11 2004, 02:53 PM)
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Mar 11 2004, 01:36 PM)
We'll show you a good time.....except maybe Commie who will show you a very strange time tongue.gif  Might still be good though as it depends what you're into wink.gif

Trust me, she knows that already laugh.gif Shibs be a good friend o' mine.

Well then there is nought stopping Shibs coming to Leeds......apart from the air fare perhaps? unsure.gif
Industrial Kybosh

Does the Corn Exchange serve beer? Does it???

*sigh*

You people have no idea how to party, damnit. I am fully prepared to, once again, spearhead the Bugger This Shopping Lark, Let's Have A Skinful faction. Leeds boasts pubs aplently - don't ask me to stay sober... tongue.gif

This is going to be plenty good fun. Plus I get to meet my once-upon-a-time n00b - the first ever to be adopted on these forums - the lovely Ms. Saucy T. So long as leo doesn't snatch her away whilst I'm talking to her...

Ahh, old grudges die hard... wink.gif
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Mar 12 2004, 10:21 PM)

*sigh*

You people have no idea how to party, damnit. I am fully prepared to, once again, spearhead the Bugger This Shopping Lark, Let's Have A Skinful faction. Leeds boasts pubs aplently - don't ask me to stay sober... tongue.gif

This is going to be plenty good fun. Plus I get to meet my once-upon-a-time n00b - the first ever to be adopted on these forums - the lovely Ms. Saucy T. So long as leo doesn't snatch her away whilst I'm talking to her...

Ahh, old grudges die hard... wink.gif

I don't know how you can even consider the idea that anyone would even consider the idea to ask you to stay sober you mad man! ohmy.gif biggrin.gif I'm not even sure you can put sober. And matameet in the same sentence! dry.gif
^
see differnt sentence tongue.gif
Mr Fuzzy
You people have no idea how to party, damnit. I am fully prepared to, once again, spearhead the Bugger This Shopping Lark, Let's Have A Skinful faction.

I'm with you. In a sort of glazed eye wobbling about fashion.
Queenie

*sigh*

The Corn Exchange does actually have a pub in it yes... tongue.gif not sure when they serve the beer tho... never seen it open!!
Cath Sparrow
Shopping AND alcohol what more can you ask! I think it could be heaven!!!!!!! ohmy.gif
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Cath @ Mar 14 2004, 01:46 AM)
Shopping AND alcohol what more can you ask!

It wouldn't be a Meet without either quite frankly laugh.gif

Is anyone up for organising getting us all together and all staying in the same hotel? unsure.gif
Mata
The Fuzzmeister and myself are blagging a friend's floor to sleep on, because we're cheap like that.
Mr Fuzzy
We may, however, be eaten by a ravening horde of allegedly mammalian prawns.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Mata @ Mar 15 2004, 12:14 PM)
because we're cheap like that.

Yes, yes you are! tongue.gif

OK well I guess Ed and me will sort ourselves out then smile.gif Unless anyone else wants to book the same hotel as us? unsure.gif
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Mar 15 2004, 12:26 PM)
QUOTE (Mata @ Mar 15 2004, 12:14 PM)
because we're cheap like that.

Yes, yes you are! tongue.gif

OK well I guess Ed and me will sort ourselves out then smile.gif Unless anyone else wants to book the same hotel as us? unsure.gif

Sorry Lea's Kid Knapped me for the weekend! And cause I'm also cheap I'm letting her! tongue.gif
WeeJ
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Mar 15 2004, 12:26 PM)
Unless anyone else wants to book the same hotel as us? unsure.gif

Probably us.
CommieBastard
QUOTE (Mr Fuzzy @ Mar 15 2004, 12:16 PM)
We may, however, be eaten by a ravening horde of allegedly mammalian prawns.

I thought the collective noun was "horse"...
The Tortured Soul
hmmm it's 2morro init???

well yet another meet i'm missing don't think i'm ever gonna make 1!!!
Phyllis
QUOTE (The Tortured Soul @ Mar 15 2004, 01:01 PM)
hmmm it's 2morro init???

well yet another meet i'm missing don't think i'm ever gonna make 1!!!

No, I believe it's May 15th.

Hah, I'm not even going and I know that. tongue.gif (Now watch me be wrong..lmao)
simply,I'm a spastic
well hallo again my mata-zoner stoners ( tee hee tongue.gif ) i've been away for a wee while,been travelling thailand for 2months!woohoo!
anyways,not i'm back i've missed you all and i'd love a good get together/booze up, however i'm going to personally moot moot MOOT LONDON BABY,YEAH!

1.it's close
2.it's full of bars
3.its full of drunk men for me to take advantage of!

please consider me stuck in shitty cambridge,i can't get to places like leeds!

ta very muchly xxxxxxxxx
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.