Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Matameet 3!
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (candice @ Mar 15 2004, 09:07 PM)
QUOTE (The Tortured Soul @ Mar 15 2004, 01:01 PM)
hmmm it's 2morro init???

well yet another meet i'm missing don't think i'm ever gonna make 1!!!

No, I believe it's May 15th.

Hah, I'm not even going and I know that. tongue.gif (Now watch me be wrong..lmao)

Nope you definatly got it right! Cause if not Lea's just trying to Kid knap me! huh.gif
The Tortured Soul
oh yeah, may not march... hmmm that leaves some question marks... the thing is a really can't b arsed to save up... but i dunna wanna get inta that...
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (The Tortured Soul @ Mar 15 2004, 10:44 PM)
oh yeah, may not march... hmmm that leaves some question marks... the thing is a really can't b arsed to save up... but i dunna wanna get inta that...

Aarr! Come on just cause you dont want us to see your boobies! tongue.gif
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (simply @ I'm a spastic,Mar 15 2004, 09:37 PM)
however i'm going to personally moot moot MOOT LONDON BABY,YEAH!

But this thread is about the next moot and it's already been decided that it's in Leeds on 15th May. You've confused me now. You can't vote for a place if a venue's already been decided on huh.gif

Plus Tort, I'm not being funny, but if you can't be arsed to save up then can you really be that arsed to come? unsure.gif
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (Mr Fuzzy @ Mar 13 2004, 03:48 AM)
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Mar 12 2004, 10:21 PM)
You people have no idea how to party, damnit.  I am fully prepared to, once again, spearhead the Bugger This Shopping Lark, Let's Have A Skinful faction.

I'm with you. In a sort of glazed eye wobbling about fashion.

As I hazily recall from the first meet, you were well up for the "sod it, let's get wrecked" idea as soon as it was suggested by me and my umbrella. I expect nothing less/more from you at the next shindig.

And Queenie, dear - a place that sells booze in a shopping arcade will never in my mind be a true 'pub'. I'm a traditionalist that way, and make no apologies for it. We need a gaff with a jukebox and a cheap pool table. And proper ale. And cider for Fuzzy.

Easy to please, me.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Mar 19 2004, 02:01 AM)
And cider for Fuzzy.

And me! sad.gif Don't let Fuzz drink it all! wink.gif
CommieBastard
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Mar 19 2004, 02:00 PM)
And cider for Fuzzy.

And myself and Cath make up the Matazone Cider-Drinking Faction!
The Tortured Soul
Plus Tort, I'm not being funny, but if you can't be arsed to save up then can you really be that arsed to come?

ok ok i'll go into it... resently i have been going to a local bar and making lots of friends having lots of fun a growing this weird thing called a social life tongue.gif i normally got about twice a week and my money seems to dissappear tongue.gif but at sum point i'm gonna sit down and think about it and find some way of limiting my expenditure (sp?) and getting my arse to leeds, also hopefully i'll be getting a part time job... it'll be sh*t but it's more money in the bank... so if things go to plan then yes i will be going...

Aarr! Come on just cause you dont want us to see your boobies! 

did some1 mention Cider??? biggrin.gif hehe i'm a complete lightweight who loves Cider (strongbow) get a few of them down my neck and i'm sure you'll get your boobie shot tongue.gif much to my embrassment... (ewww hidious sight... my body blink.gif )
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Mar 19 2004, 05:23 PM)
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Mar 19 2004, 02:00 PM)
And cider for Fuzzy.

And myself and Cath make up the Matazone Cider-Drinking Faction!

Yay! Us! biggrin.gif
Industrial Kybosh
Yowza. I've never seen so many pround cider drinkers in one thread.

Cider for all! Also, by way of tribute to Dayan, if anyone would be willing to join me in what he and I dubbed 'The Withnail Order', you'd be more than welcome to. For anyone umfamiliar with the film, either of the following will suffice - "two large gins, two pints of cider - ice in the cider" or "a pair of quadruple whiskies and another pair of pints, please".

Yes, I'm a good part of the reason he was so wazzocked at the first meet, but I did warn him...

My first sample of a Cockbasket was that day, too...

Memories...
CommieBastard
Count me in for a Withnail order, though I'll stay away from the gin smile.gif

Edit: oh, and I've been meaning to ask - just what is a Cockbasket?
Cath Sparrow
Could be interesting but also having definate preminitions of BBAAAADDDD! results! dry.gif
Polocrunch
I claim alleigance to the Cider-Drinking Faction! Yay to cider! It's by far the best drink around, and the only fizzy drink that I'll willingly drink. Beer and everything else can go... do something... perverse to themselves. Except wine, which rocks.
WeeJ
Blurgh. Cider unsure.gif

I used to drink it, and then I realised it tasted like bum blink.gif
Where are the proper drinks these days? Vodka and coke is your friend. None of these pansy alco pops, pumped full of sugar wacko.gif
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (Polocrunch @ Mar 21 2004, 06:31 PM)
I claim alleigance to the Cider-Drinking Faction! Yay to cider! It's by far the best drink around, and the only fizzy drink that I'll willingly drink. Beer and everything else can go... do something... perverse to themselves. Except wine, which rocks.

Yes you can claim alleigance but only by the skin of your teeth! tongue.gif
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Mar 21 2004, 07:34 PM)
Blurgh. Cider unsure.gif

I used to drink it, and then I realised it tasted like bum blink.gif
Where are the proper drinks these days? Vodka and coke is your friend. None of these pansy alco pops, pumped full of sugar wacko.gif

Poof! That's a girlie drink that is. Get some 'bum' cider down your neck! laugh.gif

Having said that I'm on a diet and therefore vodka and diet coke is my friend at the moment. Curse the fattening cider......until 15th May that is.....
Jonman
May 15th, you say? Righty-o then.

I'm too lazy to figure out where the hell it is at the moment. I mean, come on. 7 pages of nonsense? Pfft, with a capital Pff.

On the topic of Cockbaskets and Withnails, I'm a big fan of Ladyboys, thanks to Alan Partridge. "I don't find them attractive - just confusing". It's a pint of lager with a G'n'T chaser and a Bailey's chaser. Don't know what it is about them, but they mix together in such a way as to cause utter bamfoozlement. Excellant.

Right, add 2 to the list of attendees for Mr and Mrs Jonman.
Queenie
ummm... i'm completely confused - and lazy - as to how many people are coming now an if i'm in charge of sorting out the foodage and stuff!! I'm going to completely get my numbers wrong!!

So maybe to save posting in between the other posts of random things that are going to happen people could maybe pm me to say yay or nay?! Cause may is soon going to come an bite me on the bum an i won't have sorted anything!!

So yep... i now know that Jonman and Mrs, Mata, Mr Fuzzy, WeeJ and Mat, Sam an Ed and Cath are coming def... well i hope so that is 10 including me!! So... yea... who ever else i would muchly appriciate if you could pm me?! Or i dunno... *shrugs* I'm just lazy an don't want to go through the tread again and people have probably changed their mind since!!

Ta laugh.gif
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Jonman @ Mar 25 2004, 04:21 PM)
Right, add 2 to the list of attendees for Mr and Mrs Jonman.

Woot! We get to meet the legendary Mr and Mrs Jonman! Yay! You shall also meet the Mr and Mrs Pixiegoth. Actually it's more like Pixiegoth and her harassed boyfriend but anyhoo laugh.gif
Spacehappy
I want to attend, but 2 things.

1) I really despise Leeds with a passion. mad.gif

2) I don't want to get told off by Mata again wink.gif

Otherwise i may come just to point at queenie and jump on Weej.
Queenie
You know you want another beer fight!!
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Spacehappy @ Mar 25 2004, 04:34 PM)

You can try but you'll have to join the queue! I should be 'jumping' on WeeJ most of the night! wink.gif
Queenie
That means there's no queue for me to be pointed at dry.gif
Spacehappy
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Mar 25 2004, 04:41 PM)
QUOTE (Spacehappy @ Mar 25 2004, 04:34 PM)

You can try but you'll have to join the queue! I should be 'jumping' on WeeJ most of the night! wink.gif

That's for "other" reasons, mine is just to watch the horror on her face, as she see's a flying fat welshman about to land on her tongue.gif
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Spacehappy @ Mar 25 2004, 04:46 PM)
That's for "other" reasons, mine is just to watch the horror on her face, as she see's a flying fat welshman about to land on her tongue.gif

Thanks! That's a mental image it didn't need! tongue.gif

Seriously if you are going to jump on her could you make sure I've finished my jumping first?
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Mar 25 2004, 04:52 PM)
QUOTE (Spacehappy @ Mar 25 2004, 04:46 PM)
That's for "other" reasons, mine is just to watch the horror on her face, as she see's a flying fat welshman about to land on her  tongue.gif

Thanks! That's a mental image it didn't need! tongue.gif

Seriously if you are going to jump on her could you make sure I've finished my jumping first?

Oh! you have much hopes for his consideration!!! I can definatly see a squashed Weej and Sam happening! biggrin.gif

Lea I'll jump on you if you want! tongue.gif
wolfbane
I missed the first, and the second, but I want to come to the third! Let me know when and where and if I'm in the country this time I'll be there.

And stag do? Inky?? Dera god how long have I been gone for??
Sir Psycho Sexy
you've been gone a rather long time, welcome back at any rate

oh and the meet's 15th may in leeds...somewhere
Queenie
QUOTE (Cath @ Mar 25 2004, 06:17 PM)
Lea I'll jump on you if you want! tongue.gif

*giggles* Ok!! laugh.gif

No pointing tho... please!! tongue.gif
wolfbane
Hey SPS, yup, dodgy internet access meant I couldn't get on the net much, but I've moved yet again so now I'm back.

Only thing is 15 May is my friend's birthday which means I'm not going to be able to come...for the third time in a row. Oh flipping heck!!
Sir Psycho Sexy
no matter theres the stag do's, the man from Jon (anyone remember The man from U.N.C.L.E?) shall be there too (well its half his sorta)....he might be there already...i forget the dates....
wolfbane
Cool, shall see if I can get to the stag do's then...
Pixelgoth
*bumps*

Just over 6 weeks to go people! We'd better start thinking about hotel booking yes?

On a side note I got asked to go away on the 15th May with some other friends and I remembered to my joy that I was already busy with my Mata Mates! *hugs all round* biggrin.gif
Jonman
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Mar 31 2004, 08:53 AM)
*bumps*

Just over 6 weeks to go people! We'd better start thinking about hotel booking yes?

On a side note I got asked to go away on the 15th May with some other friends and I remembered to my joy that I was already busy with my Mata Mates! *hugs all round* biggrin.gif

So how do these things normally work then - is there a forumite who's an organisational whirlwind, or is everyone left to their own devices, and things just seem to work out?

I suppose that my question really boils down to "what do I have to do to ensure I'm not sleeping in the street/police station?"
Polocrunch
Gah. I need money again. Commie? Loan?
WeeJ
I can't be arsed to make arrangments. Someone do it for me? wink.gif
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (Jonman @ Mar 31 2004, 04:28 PM)
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Mar 31 2004, 08:53 AM)
*bumps*

Just over 6 weeks to go people!  We'd better start thinking about hotel booking yes?

So how do these things normally work then - is there a forumite who's an organisational whirlwind, or is everyone left to their own devices, and things just seem to work out?

I suppose that my question really boils down to "what do I have to do to ensure I'm not sleeping in the street/police station?"

Find your self a hotel and meet us at the station! tongue.gif

Tee Hee! I'm aready sorted I got a patch of floor! *hugs Lea*
Queenie
QUOTE (Cath @ Mar 31 2004, 06:08 PM)

I'm going to get you a matress too!! The one that isn't flea ridden aswell ohmy.gif damn i'm nice! tongue.gif
Queenie
QUOTE (Queenie @ Mar 25 2004, 04:26 PM)
ummm... i'm completely confused - and lazy - as to how many people are coming now an if i'm in charge of sorting out the foodage and stuff!! I'm going to completely get my numbers wrong!!

So maybe to save posting in between the other posts of random things that are going to happen people could maybe pm me to say yay or nay?! Cause may is soon going to come an bite me on the bum an i won't have sorted anything!!

So yep... i now know that Jonman and Mrs, Mata, Mr Fuzzy, WeeJ and Mat, Sam an Ed and Cath are coming def... well i hope so that is 10 including me!! So... yea... who ever else i would muchly appriciate if you could pm me?! Or i dunno... *shrugs* I'm just lazy an don't want to go through the tread again and people have probably changed their mind since!!

Ta laugh.gif

STRESSES MESSAGE PLEASE HELP PEOPLE!!

Jonman i'm meant to be the Leeds organiser wOOt go me!! May God save all your souls!! evil.gif unsure.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy

well what generally happens is someone posts addresses and stuff before the meet, we phone and stay there....if we leave it long enough mata will do it tongue.gif, also we can go to his house and look at a map and see where it is so i can sleep somewhere....then we get really very drunk, eat wanton soup and wake up the owners of the B&B and.....well not quite get chucked out >_>
Darko'sBuddy
rolleyes.gif [COLOR=red]this is new to me big time...help
Sir Psycho Sexy
...possibly the wrong thread for your first post....but welcome
Queenie
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Mar 31 2004, 07:28 PM)

well what generally happens is someone posts addresses and stuff before the meet, we phone and stay there....if we leave it long enough mata will do it tongue.gif

I've already doen it! dry.gif Many many pages ago... in this thread not so far away.
Queenie
QUOTE (Queenie @ Feb 20 2004, 09:54 PM)
Ascot Grange Hotel
128 Otley Road, Far Headingley, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS16 5JX.
Tel: 0113 293 4444. Fax: 0113 293 5555.
En-suite facilities in all rooms. Satellite TV in all rooms. Tea and coffee making facilities. Telephone in all rooms. Ironing facilities. Hairdryer available. Children welcome. Licensed bar. Licensed restaurant. Special diets catered for. Parking available. Non-smoking facilities. Credit cards accepted. Conference facilities.

Broomhurst Hotel
12 Chapel Lane, Off Cardigan Road, Headingley, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS6 3BW.
Tel: 0113 278 6836. Fax: 0113 230 7099.
En-suite facilities available. TV in all rooms. Tea and coffee making facilities. Telephone available. Ironing facilities. Hairdryer available. Children welcome. Licensed bar. Special diets catered for. Parking available. Non-smoking facilities. Credit cards accepted.

Cardigan Hotel
36 Cardigan Road, Headlingley, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS6 3AG.
Tel: 0113 278 4301. Fax: 0113 230 7792.
En-suite facilities available. TV in all rooms. TV lounge. Tea and coffee making facilities. Telephone available. Licensed bar. Parking available. Non-smoking facilities. Credit cards accepted.

Glenwood Hotel
New Road Side, Horsforth, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS18 4JX.
Tel: 0113 258 4480. Fax: 0113 258 4480.
En-suite facilities in all rooms. TV in all rooms. Tea and coffee making facilities. Telephone available. Ironing facilities. Hairdryer available. Children welcome. Licensed bar. Special diets catered for. Parking available. Disabled access. Non-smoking facilities. Credit cards accepted.

Here are some hotels B&B's that sound ok!! They aren't in the centre of Leeds just on the outskirts!!! But Headinley is about 10-15 minutes away by bus an during the day the buses are very very frequent!!! The last one is in Horsforth (thats where i live) an it's a tad futher out but its near me  laugh.gif Anyway yea i'll call them up to check out prices, when you'd have to be in etc... for you!! Just thought i'd put something on the thread to show that i'm not being a lazy ass an what sort of thing you'll all be letting yourselves in for.  tongue.gif

I looked at more cental Leeds but the prices there range from 60 for a single room 70-80 for a double during the weekend!! I think thats a tad much!! But yea i'll keep you posted... i probably won't call the hotels till tomorrow... have to get some credit so if any of you have any questions that you'd like me to ask them just to find out stuff then just post it an i'll ask them smile.gif

*goes off to do some more searching*

Oh is it too early for me to be doing this?! Am i TOO pre excited!? blink.gif  unsure.gif

POOF

And like magic the hotel list from page 3 ohmy.gif
FurryMammal
Leeds, May 15th? I'm there, if its not too late to say so (and so long as i dont have an exam that day)

Whats on the agenda?
CommieBastard
QUOTE (Queenie @ Mar 31 2004, 09:08 PM)
POOF

Dyke!
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Queenie @ Mar 31 2004, 09:08 PM)
And like magic the hotel list from page 3 ohmy.gif

Right so now you have to get final numbers and phone all those and see if they have enough rooms available for all of us. Get costs, post them and we decide on the hotel. How's that? Come on Lea look alive, pull your finger out! tongue.gif laugh.gif

Alternatively, we can pick one at random. Costs would be nice though.
Pixelgoth
I've just emailed two places I found on Smooth Hound (Broomhurst & Abbey Guest House) and also the Travelodge is 59.95 per room per night in case that's cheap enough? I think I might go with that as it's city centre.
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (Queenie @ Mar 31 2004, 06:49 PM)

I'm going to get you a matress too!! The one that isn't flea ridden aswell ohmy.gif damn i'm nice! tongue.gif

OOoo! Your just tonice to me no fleas and everything!!! biggrin.gif
Queenie
QUOTE (Cath @ Apr 1 2004, 06:00 PM)
QUOTE (Queenie @ Mar 31 2004, 06:49 PM)

OOoo! Your just tonice to me no fleas and everything!!! biggrin.gif

I know!! ohmy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.