Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Matameet 3!
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Pixelgoth
OK people I've had this response from the Broomhurst;

Rooms for a group of 14 available at 22 per head, including breakfast.Larger numbers could be accommodated if you are prepared to share double beds.
Many Thanks
Mark Reservations.

samanthaself@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

Enquiry via Smooth Hound's Internet Directory
=============================================
MESSAGE for Broomhurst Hotel, Broomhurst Hotel:
--------
Could you please tell me how many rooms you have available for
the night of 15th May. I am travelling to Leeds with some
friends and would like to know if you can accommodate all of us? I
do not have a final number yet but can let you know should you
have lots of rooms. Could you also give me an idea of costs
please? Many thanks.

If you want me to ring them next week and make a group booking then can you all please decide numbers over the weekend and I'll organise it. With any luck they'll let me secure it with a credit card and then we can all pay separately with cheques when we get there.

Bear in mind though that that rate might vary depending on who shares and who doesn't.

Just get me numbers and I'll get you quotes! biggrin.gif
Polocrunch
That sounds very convenient - and cheap! Bit awkward/troublesome if some of our parents aren't too keen on our spending the night with a bunch of drunken strangers though. Providing I can get the money, that'll probably be the best option for me. Also, I'll check with Commie to see what he's up to. We're joined at the hip, dontcha know.
CommieBastard
I'm convinced, sign me up.
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (Polocrunch @ Apr 2 2004, 07:25 PM)
That sounds very convenient - and cheap! Bit awkward/troublesome if some of our parents aren't too keen on our spending the night with a bunch of drunken strangers though. Providing I can get the money, that'll probably be the best option for me. Also, I'll check with Commie to see what he's up to. We're joined at the hip, dontcha know.

I'll be a resonsible adult for you if you need one! biggrin.gif
WeeJ
I'm not sure if Drarok and I will be coming yet unsure.gif
Queenie
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Apr 4 2004, 07:40 PM)

Heard that dry.gif
Cath Sparrow

We'll look after you. wink.gif
Pixelgoth

Oi! mad.gif You will! tongue.gif

Listen I'm not going to do the organising for this trip as personally I have way too much on my plate. I thought about it at the weekend and I really don't need to stress. I'm not being funny or having a go but organising a bunch of people via the internet can be problematic (as Mata has experienced before) and I just want to try and simplify things for me. What with the new job application, the counselling, stress with an ex housemate, I just need a quiet life.

Sorry you guys. If someone else wants to take it from here then please feel free.

X
kisah
Okay, here we go-

Hi again for starters
After 9 pages of stuff, what I have to say is this:

1. Mr. Man, you may have volunteered my presence but if Sues isn't coming I'm going to throw a fit. mad.gif Mata, can't you do something to convince her?
2. If the meet thing in September is a stag party then it isn't much consolation that it's in Manchester because it's not like half of the forum can go anyway. (Obviously, this meet is on May 15th in Leeds, but I couldn't let that one go)
3. The sugar content of alco-pop vs. vodka and coke has *got* to be comparable. Vodka and coke is a girl drink in the grand scope of things. Glenfiddich Gran Reserva on the rocks is not.
4. Count me in on the cider drinkers club.

Mrs. Kat Man
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (kisah @ Apr 6 2004, 02:46 PM)
Good 2. If the meet thing in September is a stag party then it isn't much consolation that it's in Manchester because it's not like half of the forum can go anyway. (Obviously, this meet is on May 15th in Leeds, but I couldn't let that one go)
3. The sugar content of alco-pop vs. vodka and coke has *got* to be comparable. Vodka and coke is a girl drink in the grand scope of things. Glenfiddich Gran Reserva on the rocks is not.
4. Count me in on the cider drinkers club.

*waves* Hello again!

I have to disagree with the alcopops comment as I drink diet coke and vodka so no sugar but an abundance of sweetners I would imagine biggrin.gif

The stag do won't just be men. It's just called that because it's to celebrate Mike's wedding. He is going to have an all male stag do as well. This one is for Mata personnel smile.gif

Good one on the cider drinking wink.gif
Mata
I've talked to Sues again and she still insists that she doesn't like loud music, smoke, staying up late when she knows it will take her a while to find her bed in a strange city... All around, she's not much of a party animal! So her answer is still 'no'.

Since arranging this date I was offered a juggling gig that would've made me 300 that afternoon, but there's no way I could do it and get up to Leeds on the same day. Bah! That would nearly have paid my rent for the month. I seem to often get unfortunately timed things happening whenever I arrange one of these things, the first meet I had a job come in with 72 hours notice, and then spent most of the weekend with you guys. I have a fantastic time, but my goodness the timing of these things always does seem to be inconvenient!
Pixelgoth
I know what you mean Mata! I was given the opportunity to do something else that weekend last night and I told them I was busy. That's the 2nd time since it's been decided that I've had to decline another offer. Why they all have to be on that date is beyond me! rolleyes.gif

I've provisionally booked the Travelodge in the city centre for the night. I can cancel at the last minute if anyone else if thinking of organising a group booking at another hotel. I thought it better safe than sorry as it's the marathon weekend and didn't want to be left out on the streets sad.gif
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (Mata @ Apr 7 2004, 01:52 PM)
I've talked to Sues again and she still insists that she doesn't like loud music, smoke, staying up late when she knows it will take her a while to find her bed in a strange city... All around, she's not much of a party animal! So her answer is still 'no'.

Since arranging this date I was offered a juggling gig that would've made me 300 that afternoon, but there's no way I could do it and get up to Leeds on the same day. Bah! That would nearly have paid my rent for the month. I seem to often get unfortunately timed things happening whenever I arrange one of these things, the first meet I had a job come in with 72 hours notice, and then spent most of the weekend with you guys. I have a fantastic time, but my goodness the timing of these things always does seem to be inconvenient!

Tell Sues I'm sulking! huh.gif

I alway get things come like that. I'll spend week's having no where to go at the weekend then the one weekend I arrange something everyone else contacts me to see if I want to go out! dry.gif
Tarantio
blargh. i still havent arranged anything for myself yet. if some peeps could pm me and let me know where theyre staying (aside from lea's already overcrowded floor, you mangy puppies) then i can make arrangements in the next week or so. bring on the DRINK! i mean, go matazone!
Mr Fuzzy
Warning: Those who are deemed required who don't attend may be hunted down like (or possibly with) dogs, before being forced to eat ridiculously hot curries.
Mata
Lea, could you pick a spot that's _really_ easy to find from the trainstation for us to meet at, also could you have a look out for reasonably priced restaurants that will accept bookings (pizza/italian seems to be a steady winner because of the range of styles of food)?
Mata
I've eventually got my scanner powered up, unfortunately my photos weren't really very good of the last meet:

Here's a very blurry pic of Pat just after he's had his lip impaled. I think the camera decided it want to focus on the poster behind him.

Most of my photos looked rather like this, with lots of people jumping on top of eathother. I rather liked this one for the way that Mat is quite calmly taking a drink while surrounded by chaos.
Cath Sparrow
Personly I like the that you can just see Weej and Lea completely flatten at the bottom! biggrin.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
i may look calm....but i'm not

i can't quite work out whether mat is using someone's back or someones top as an arm rest
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Apr 11 2004, 04:22 PM)

i can't quite work out whether mat is using someone's back or someones top as an arm rest

That Weej's boobs! tongue.gif
WeeJ
QUOTE (Cath @ Apr 11 2004, 04:47 PM)
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Apr 11 2004, 04:22 PM)

That Weej's boobs! tongue.gif

Yup. They make fantastic arm rests.

I'm bummed I can't make it to the Leeds meet, but I'm still kind of holding out on the various people meeting inbetween the next meet, if that makes sense.
FurryMammal
Well, it looks like im coming. Also, there may be the chance that some of you can stay at mine.... however, its the next town over (Wakefield). Don't bank on this though tongue.gif

As for the restaurent and stuff, I'm happy with whatever we're doing. Not sure what time I can stay to, and I (kinda) know my way around Leeds in case anyone has any major dilemmas.

That's about it on my end though. I'll enquire about the room or two going free, but its early days yet.

smile.gif See you all there
Spacehappy
Sorry all, but i Seriously dislike Leeds with a passion so i will not be attending, if anyone else has somehting going on, and they would like a fat Welsh to turn up in a fleece then PM me. I will attend. wink.gif
Polocrunch
I'm not going to be coming either - too much money, too much effort and too close to exam time. Sorry chappos.
Pixelgoth
I'm afraid I also have to drop out of this one sad.gif Money is way too tight at the moment sad.gif I have my car MOT, holiday to Amsterdam, Download tickets, debts that I am having trouble getting off people, etc. etc. So despite Fuzzy's threats, I'm dropping out! tongue.gif

Sorry guys but I'm sure you'll have a top time without me and Ed.

If we get some time we might drive to Leeds for the day and meet up for a quick drink but there are no promises as it really does depend on what traffic will be like (what with the marathon and other events that day). As it turns out I also have a hair appointment booked on that day at 11am (which I did try and change but to no avail).
Mata
'I can't come out, I'm doing my hair'... The story of my life *sob*
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Mata @ Apr 13 2004, 11:36 AM)

tongue.gif You know full well that isn't the only reason I'm not coming. In fact if I wanted to come and I could afford it I'd cancel my hair do! tongue.gif
Silver Star Angel of Da Towers
Freak! I wish I lived in England. That's the day before my birthday...
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (Mata @ Apr 13 2004, 11:36 AM)

*hugs* Don't worry Mata me and Lea will be there with hangovers on (bit like bells but less noise!) tongue.gif
See unlike these ungrasious lot were managing to make the effort! (jk!) biggrin.gif
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Cath @ Apr 13 2004, 03:49 PM)
See unlike these ungrasious lot were managing to make the effort! (jk!) biggrin.gif

*slaps Cath* OI! tongue.gif You know it's not because we can't be bothered! tongue.gif I am mighty annoyed that I can't afford it. I'd love to do everything I want to do this year but it just ain't financially feasible sad.gif
Queenie
I'm really confused now to what is happening and who is going!! lol... Maybe i should just not have gone home...

An yea Mata, i looked out for some places etc... before Easter hols while i was still in Leeds but i'll have a good look when i get back. Food wise... i still don't have numbers, and the numbers that i did have i'm not sure on anymore sorry. When i have more time and i'm not in an internet cafe i'll PM every single one of you that haven't said that your not going to make sure your still going etc... then i'll sort things out from there.

btw... my cousin is coming to the meet too smile.gif She's booked the time off work and everyfink!! So that should be cool, she's a fan of mata's just hasn't joined the forums cause has the same sort of problems at home on the internet like me.

So yea... i'll be back properly in about a week!!
Tarantio
hey... am i being ignored here? im trying to find out if anyone has made hotel or b+b reservations so i dont pull a norman and have to travel all on my lonesome to the total outskirts of town like i did in winchester. so is everyone staying with lea, or do some other people have rooms booked somewhere, or are there so few people going that i can crash on a couch or what? I do intend to show myself again, peeps.

WHIMPER... DONT FORGET THE DACE...
Cath Sparrow
*hugs Tara* I think Lea put up some hotels on earlier in the thread. As for floor space I'm not sure. huh.gif
Tarantio
bah. i saw the hotels... i just dont want the same thing to happen as last time, where everyone went to one place and i didnt. i was asking for reservation details, not a list of hotels, silly tongue.gif
WeeJ
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Apr 14 2004, 10:04 AM)

I can't help it. Its too expensive. I don't have the money to get hideously drunk in Leeds.
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Apr 14 2004, 05:37 PM)
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Apr 14 2004, 10:04 AM)

I can't help it. Its too expensive. I don't have the money to get hideously drunk in Leeds.

Well I'm seeing you on Saturday so I'll let you off this time!
WeeJ
Unless that goes bleeding tits up as well dry.gif Got an appointment Saturday morning that I can't miss, but after that, should be ok.
Mata
!!!!CANCELLED!!!!

Due to the lack of people who can afford it, I'm calling this meet off. Next meet will be InKy's bash, so start saving now!
Pab
Dammit, I almost signed myself down for that one ... I wanna go to a matameet, or similar. I mean, honestly, if I dont come to one of these things, who's going to get the zimmerframe jokes? Eh? Nobody? Well thats not good enough ... Of course, the advantage with the Inky bash is it's in September, I hear, and Manchester, which makes meeting Leo a distinct possibility. All I'd need to do is shave, get a haircut and highlight the baby-face angle, and then Leo can be the brunt of ageing quips ... hmmmm ... Sounds like a plan ...

Inky, mate, does end of August count as 'Septemberish'? ... cos if it did it'd make it real easy for me to get there, what with it being 'No point in even trying to work' month in Andorra, and everybody being on holidays and stuff .... If not, I'd make it anyhow, but you know ...
Mata
Pab, I'm looking forward to meeting you, there might be a less formally arranged night before September, keep you eyes on the boards for news!
CommieBastard
Oooh, Pab'd be a fine addition, yarr. I'll have to keep an eye out for this next one, seems.
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (Pab @ Apr 15 2004, 01:01 PM)
Inky, mate, does end of August count as 'Septemberish'? ...

It could do. I'm easy. Or so says the grafitti...

There were vicious rumours of Aries being UK-bound around the August, too, and if that still stands, then it'd make good, solid sense to shift the time bracket slightly. After all, not one but two forumites travelling in from outside the country would be a feat to be rewarded, and rewarded with beer.
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Mata @ Apr 15 2004, 12:36 PM)
!!!!CANCELLED!!!!

thank buggery for that, leeds is SO far away (englishly speaking) on the train and last time i did it the train was full of screaming children and i lost a fiver! tongue.gif plus it wouldn't have been wise....

*shakes fist* next time gadget, next time
CommieBastard
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Apr 16 2004, 12:50 AM)
After all, not one but two forumites travelling in from outside the country would be a feat to be rewarded, and rewarded with beer.

Quadruple whiskies and a pair of pints?
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Apr 16 2004, 12:15 AM)
After all, not one but two forumites travelling in from outside the country would be a feat to be rewarded, and rewarded with beer.

Two large gins, two pints of cider - ice in the cider.

Nice to see you're already in the spirit of things, Komrade. wink.gif
CommieBastard
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Apr 16 2004, 01:24 AM)

I saw Withnail and I for the first time last night, so yes, you could say I was in the spirit of things. Is Manchester likely to respond well to demands for the finest wines available to humanity?
Polocrunch
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Apr 16 2004, 08:37 AM)
Is Manchester likely to respond well to demands for the finest wines available to humanity?

As the official "gay capital of the north" (well, according to the left-leaning pages of the Guardian, anyway), one would expect Manchester to serve only the finest of wines.
Pab
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Apr 16 2004, 02:24 AM)
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Apr 16 2004, 12:15 AM)

Two large gins, two pints of cider - ice in the cider.

That'll be quintuple Jamesons and cokes for me. If there were ethnic issues, second best would be cider.

You know, I've measured the difference between english doses of whisky and andorran ones, and here they're 5 times better off ... 5 ... One day we'll have to have a 'Matameet Out of Bounds' meeting over here ... that'd be 'MOB' for short ....
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Apr 16 2004, 08:37 AM)
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Apr 16 2004, 01:24 AM)

I saw Withnail and I for the first time last night, so yes, you could say I was in the spirit of things. Is Manchester likely to respond well to demands for the finest wines available to humanity?

We seem to have come on holiday by mistake!

I love this film so much you can quote it to hell and back!

The joint I am about to roll requires a craftsman and can utalise up to twelve spliffs. It is called a Camberwell carrot.

Who says it's a Camberwell carrot.

I do. I invented it in Camberwell and it's shaped like a carrot.
Pixelgoth
Oooo Pab you have to come to the next meet! biggrin.gif It's be nice to put a body to the name and face laugh.gif And you can show me how to access that board thingey in person! tongue.gif

I feel bad about the cancelling by the way. I am sorry I couldn't make it but these things always seem to happen. I got money for my birthday but it's already been spent on my holiday to 'Dam!

I will be at the next one come hell or high water.....or anything else that might choose to obstruct me.....like a large hamster ph34r.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.