Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Official Thread For "being Away For A While"
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
the lil' pie fairy
it's just a wee idea i had, there might be another one, or it might not work. either way, a mod can delete it if it's not needed etc.

just thought, all the time there are threads from people saying they'll be away for a while, or they can't get online, or they're just downright leaving because of RL. so, i guessed a thread where people can just announce it might save mata's space, which is always a good thing.

unsure.gif

some feedback on this??
CommieBastard
That's a good idea, Pie smile.gif Particularly recently there have been lots of these threads, and a central organisation for them would save space.
lilacmk
[/QUOTE] leaving because of RL[QUOTE]

unsure.gif

please spill who this is lil??
Pixelgoth
Yes but perhaps it could be pinned as people tend to leave in groups. Not that they all leave to be together or they are sheep but I just noticed that there seem to be a lot recently and then there will be none for ages and then another bunch smile.gif If it's pinned then it won't get lost when no one leaves for a while. Plus we can remember who's left and see if they come back. What about a welcome back thread too?!?!?! unsure.gif
the lil' pie fairy
wow, an idea that works? *proud*
if someone pinned this, that would be awesome. someone else can make the welcome back thread if they want?

and lilac, it was just a couple of people who have RL commitments, like leo and missy, not to worry.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (lilacmk @ Feb 25 2004, 02:46 PM)
leaving because of RL
unsure.gif

please spill who this is lil??

Yeah it just happens I guess. I don't get that much time to get on here if I'm busy at work (my connection is work based) and I can't get on during the evening as I don't own a computer or have internet access at home (too expensive sad.gif). RL means real life by the way. Sorry if you knew that already biggrin.gif
Jonman
PINNED!

Nice idea.
the lil' pie fairy
thanks biggrin.gif

so, if people could just put their leaving announcements here, with any contact details, reasons and stuff needed, that'd be swell smile.gif
Jonman
And while we're here, I'm going to be away for a while as of the end of this week, as I'm moving back to Blighty, and it'll be a good few weeks before I'm in a flat and got my laptop hooked up to the interweb.
leopold
Nice idea, Pie! smile.gif

Well, I s'pose I'd best put in here that, while not entirely absent forever, I'm hardly ever around any more. RL is just too damn interesting these days* for me to spend my time lurking on the 'net and giving fellow netites hugs. I'd much rather spend the time with the new woman in my life, and the three kids, and brushing up for my MCSE (which is still 18 months off completion, realistically).

* Apart from the job. That still sucks large style.

Anyways, anyone who wants to get in touch can do so using my email addy, which is leopold@leagueofish.co.uk. Yep, the site is gone but the addy lives on!!
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (leopold @ Feb 25 2004, 09:50 PM)
Well, I s'pose I'd best put in here that, while not entirely absent forever, I'm hardly ever around any more.

Yeah you keep saying that but you post on here almost as much as me so tongue.gif Joking aside it's cool that you have sorted your life out and if I could do anything to keep you on more often I would biggrin.gif

*huggles*

Takes care youz heres me you big lug you! laugh.gif
the lil' pie fairy
yay, jonman back in blighty! it won't directly affect me, but i'll bet it's a good thing smile.gif
and leo, i'm gonna email you now. lots biggrin.gif
phoenix
ello, sure some of you remember me. i been gone for a bit (like a week, so not really a long time) but i probably going to be gone longer, some things have opened up in my life, i have been spend quite a bit of time with some RL friends and i grown to like not being home at night tongue.gif . well that and my work hours jumping up by 5 a week. so im working full time, going to school full time, and for extra kicks and grins im juggling a social life in there as well laugh.gif . i have to say that im am really happy in this new change. i miss you guys greatly, and im still loving the lot of you whom i grown especially close too. i'll still be online and such, just not nearly as much, and chances are... not at all on weekends. <BIGhugglesandsmooches> so til we all bump in to each other again-

~phoenix~
the lil' pie fairy
aww...but i'll lose my evanescence-loving phoenix!!
well, you go and rock your little socks off biggrin.gif but i'll still miss reading your lyrics *huggles*
LoLo
Have fun phoenix. I will miss you too toots, but social lives are fun. lol
The Tortured Soul
of course i remember you phonix... if i remember rightly i nealry e-married you!!!

while i'm here... i don't post as often as i used to back in the day *sigh memories* i still try and get on once a day, but this may proove difficult, due to, my college course with i enjoy throughly, trying to sort out my ever changing band, and somethings scary is happening... i seem to have devloped a social life,,, creepy i know, it seems to have snuck up on me, from hanging around st. marys a bit (because of someone i met on these very boards!!!) to going to the red rose and the surgery (pub-ish rock club type places) and now i seem to have real friends... oh well i'll enjoy it while it lasts!!!

but i'll never forget/neglect you guys, like i sed i try once a day!!!
Mr Fuzzy
QUOTE (The Tortured Soul @ Mar 12 2004, 12:32 AM)
but i'll never forget/neglect you guys, like i sed i try once a day!!!

You can but try.

I suppose that I should mention that I'm not away in any form. I'm just a little nervous in myself at the moment and, while I check in several times a day, am not posting a great deal.
Enslaved
Well this is my "Official Thread for Being Away for a While".

Just incase anyone happens to go ohmy.gif wonder where that Enslaved person is. She hasn't been spamming the threads of late. But its highly unlikely that thought will occur in anyones mind.

So yes, I am officialling going to be away from here from Mar 15 - 22 cuz I have to go on a frikken stupid holiday with my mum to Bali. (she couldn't find anyone that could afford to go with her so she said she'd pay for me to go, which is the only reason I'm going) So I'll be grumpy the whole time (unless I find an internet cafe, which is possible). *Considers being drunk the whole time cuz that would be fun*

So yeh, "being away for a while".

*hopes she doesnt get bombed* sad.gif
the lil' pie fairy
you'll be fine, and i would have noticed cause i like your threads and random questions about the motives of polls smile.gif
don't get bombed, have a good holiday if you can, and get pictures so we can all see bali (without the risk of bombing) laugh.gif
Enslaved
Hehe, thankyou. Yes, I get quite easily distracted and start taking about random things / questions instead of just relpying. My bad sad.gif

I'm sure I will have a good holiday, I am looking forward to it (cept I will be paranoid the whole time, wondering when the bomb is gonna fall... AAAAIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Ahhh, just fireworks rolleyes.gif

I will be back (with pictures), or in a body bag sad.gif
Enslaved
I just checked the weather forecast for Bali this week and its: Thunderstorms!!!

Yep, all week!!! Tehehe I love it!!! Oooh I get to play in the rain all week laugh.gif

And if I don't get bombed, there's always the chance of getting hit by lightning unsure.gif
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
oooh have fun! enjoy the rain but dodge te lightning...please? wouldn't want you to come back with big scarily singed and frizzy hair blink.gif

*wants a holiday* dry.gif
Enslaved
*doesn't plan on getting hit by lightning* sad.gif

I'm obsessed with my hair!!! laugh.gif
Cath Sparrow
Does this mean we have to unchain you from the wall? But you make such a lovely decoration for our wall!! ohmy.gif biggrin.gif
Enjoy your thunder storms! biggrin.gif
Queenie
Have a good time Nat hun *hugs* I shall miss you lots and lots *nods* So you have to come back in one piece!! Otherwise you can't go globe trotting later in the year ohmy.gif

Stay safe, get drunk and i'll look after the green goblins for you!! laugh.gif

*considers chaining Cath to the wall for while Nat is away* hmmmm... tongue.gif
Silver Star Angel of Da Towers
Well, actually, I'm back. I just wanted to see if anybody had any problems or needed cheering up while I was gone. If you need anything, just ask me! *hugs all and gives all the noobs cake*
MistressAlti
Leaving for a week-long trip to Philadelphia, NYC, and possibly a few other places tomorrow. Actually, I fly out on Saturday morning, but tomorrow the posse comes home with me, so the vacation technically starts that night. It should be wicked fun (as long as everyone gets along, they've had trouble with that lately) and hopefully there'll be plenty of incriminating photos taken. laugh.gif Anyway, see everyone in a week or so.
the lil' pie fairy
bon voyage smile.gif
Enslaved
QUOTE (Queenie @ Mar 15 2004, 02:17 AM)
Have a good time Nat hun *hugs* I shall miss you lots and lots *nods* So you have to come back in one piece!! Otherwise you can't go globe trotting later in the year ohmy.gif

Stay safe, get drunk and i'll look after the green goblins for you!! laugh.gif

*considers chaining Cath to the wall for while Nat is away* hmmmm... tongue.gif

*runs into thread, jumps on Queenie and gives her uber-hug*

*considers giving up her spot on the wall for Cath*

Well I think she deserves it for bein' sooo duuurty. Tehehe. tongue.gif

I been drunk for like 3 days straight... ahhh sooo much fun! But I think I brought some o' da green goblins with me blink.gif

*misses posting* sad.gif

I dunno if I will be online again before Monday, but if I'm not, I miss you guys, and I'll be posting lots and lots again soon laugh.gif

*posture has improved almost to the state of being 'good', rather than 'computer addict slouch' since being away from the net* laugh.gif tehehe, talk to y'all when I get back.

Oh btw, is there an official "Coming Back from Being Away for a While" thread???
the lil' pie fairy
^there should be...someone should make one...?
MistressAlti
Okay, well, I'm back, more or less. It's Friday and although I don't technically come home until Sunday, I have a computer for the moment. Spring Break was busy yet awesome.
TigerLily013
Since I am semi closest to this forum, I thought this would be a good spot to explain.

This may seem stupid or silly to some, but its all good in the long run. My cat Max went missing November 15th 2003, and never was found. It's especially hard because I've had that cat for a long time, ever since I was 6 years old. He really ment a lot to me. Anyway you guys should know that already. Well, his birthday will be coming up in April. It will also be my website's 1 year birthday. So I thought as something that could potentionally help others, I decided to make a celebration or "holiday" put in loose terms for the whole month of april.

Basically, I know a lot of people who have lost their pets or have had to put their beloved cat or dog down. It can be really hard on the owners that are really close to their pets. In honour of my wonderful cat Maxwell, I dub April on my site and around me "Maxwell Awareness Month" or MAM. This month will be an excellent time to reflect on the lives of your pets, because they too were part of your family I am sure.

As the first order of MAM, I will be taking a vow of silence upon this forum. I might do it on the other forums I go on, but I generally do not post as much at OCR or SB as I do here. This silence will mean I will not post a single thing...nothing...nadda, not even a response to something really insulting. I will probably still lurk, but I will not be going to be posting anything for a month. If anyone else wants to join, feel free.

Basically the rules are that You can not post in the desired forum of your choice (I chose this one because little people will give a hoot). You can talk to people obviously in RL and online, but the rule applies to the forum in question AND chatrooms...only to people whom you find close (like in RL or on messengers.)

This time is you let you be able to reflect and remember the pets you wanna remember. To be able to something in honour of them. It's not that big to others but to me it'll be a big deal. I'll be updating my site a bit more regularly in that month so if you REALLY wanna find out what's going on with me, just go to my site.

Anyways, I went on enough. I'm still here but I will commence silence as soon as April 1st hits. This is just advance sign off until then. Well...that's all.
the lil' pie fairy
nah, loads of people will miss you! i don't know you that well, but i'd notice if you went silentio. well, good idea, it really made me think. i might take it up on my other forum smile.gif
Aeline
Well... I'm leaving. I don't have a particular reason why, but I am. Don't know if I'll be back, probably not.
*takes The Other Side forum off her favorites*
I'll still support Mata and his site.. just you won't be seeing me on the forum anymore. It's been a good few days, thanks for making me feel welcome while I was here. smile.gif
I hope you all can continue on with being happy, good luck to you all.
TigerLily013
Sorry to see you go man. Hope everything is ok, take care Aeline.

Pie: Well I am glad I got at least one person to think, which is definitely still worth it. Yeah I dunno you that well either but thanks a bunch for noticing me around. Definitely let me know if you do try the silence vow on that other forum smile.gif

Probably I will post if an emergency arises, but that is unlikely that will happen.
Polocrunch
I'm orf for a week now. I'll be gallivanting around the Lake District until Saturday evening, or maybe Sunday afternoon. I don't actually know when I'll be back, but I do know that it'll be soon!

Cry yourselves to sleep over me.

Teh Polos.
gothictheysay
Awww. Bye, Aeline. Polos, I'm going to miss all your solid, witty responses. Come back soon.
The Tortured Soul
i thought here would be best place to announce it as any...

I'm sorry i have been completely gone for some time, although i'm off college now, I may dissappear again soon as i have a HUGE essay to do for college for the day we get back!!!

but i have been doing lots of work for college yes, but more fun... as i may have said in other threads, i have been going to rock nights at this bar/club trying to cure my single status... well recently a month of going to this place and mingling has paid off!!! and i couldn't be happier... but i'm still going, it is where me and my girlfriend meet up... but hopefully i will be here more, but i cannot promis anything...
the lil' pie fairy
i'm back...yep, well, if anyones noticed, it was cause my parentals took away my intynet sad.gif
missed everyone though *attacks all with hugs and pie*
gothictheysay
Hey, I really love you guys, but I don't think I'll be hanging around here for a little bit maybe, or not as much. I have a lot going on and everything's really messed up with me...I feel horrible. I have a lot to get over, but thanks to you guys for being there, and I'll come back when I can. smile.gif
Sir Maxerpopple
Hope you'll be able to work everything out, or at least start on it. If you ever need help you have it here on the forum.
gothictheysay
Eh, bugger, you guys'll have to deal with me. I'm using the forum as an escape as I have to deal with so much crap. Sorting through the crap is going to be quite difficult, but i'm still trying to have fun, and that's what I have here, so. Slowly getting things to heal over.
gerbilfromhell
Well, as I seem to hardly be around anymore (as in besides lurking), I should probably make an official 'I'm leaving' post. My leaving has little to nothing to do with the forum itself; only because RL caught up with me sometime this year (though I made it work damn hard to catch me!), and I've gotten caught up in it. I'm more glad than I can say to have met all of you, to be a part of this forum, and even more glad that I still talk to quite a few of you outside of it. You've all been (and are) great friends, and thank you so much for a truly amazing year here on these forums. You're all great people and I'm glad to have known you.
Sir Maxerpopple
Miss you gerbil.

I shall be away for two days, the states forensics student congress tournament. Just finished packing, hopefully I'll come back with something along the lines of a plaque or a gavel. smile.gif
gothictheysay
never coming back, gerbil? sad.gif I'll miss you lots...

Have fun Max...we won't let you back in if you don't come back with a plaque tongue.gif Don't stay away one more day than necessary, ya hear?
Sir Psycho Sexy
i have to go away for a bit...
Sir Psycho Sexy
ok back now, i really needed that

[/spam]
gothictheysay
two minutes away from the forums is grueling and difficult to bear, no? tongue.gif

/spam
LoLo
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Apr 22 2004, 03:33 AM)
ok back now, i really needed that

[/spam]

Welcome back I missed you dreadfully. laugh.gif
Sir Maxerpopple
Back, and yes I do have a plaque to be let back in, broke to the semi-final round, yay for me. It looks like I missed some fun with "Spawn", oh well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.