Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Little Poem
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Creations
Sir Maxerpopple
Taboo

The Toltecs,
The Japanese,
The Besoribeah,
They all have body art.

In India the Iguhrees
Roll themselves in ash and feces,
And drink alcohol,
Out of human skulls.

In Taiwan the Taiwanese
Exhume the dead,
Wash their bones,
Then put them in a family pagoda.

In Africa the women
Walk around topless,
And some of the men
Wear nothing but a dried-up gourd.

In America the Americans
Condemn tatoos,
Have sewers,
Despise cannibalism,
And force the body to be covered.

In America the Americans
Send children to school,
Have homes of mom, dad, and child,
And keep their father's names.

In Indonesia the Mentowai,
Take the children hunting with them.
In Borneo the Iban,
Live in houses of four hundred.
In China the Moswo,
Keep the family with the mother.

The Mongols,
The Bedouins,
The Hawaiians,
They all preach hospitality and friendship.
---

It's all about cultural differences, what do you think?
Sir Maxerpopple
Tumbleweed, hehe.

I am changing the last stanza to something else, I'll edit when I figure it out.
Daedalus
I like it, although I agree that the last stanza could be better. But keep writing stuff, your work is due more credit than you give it.
CommieBastard
Interesting piece, you've got some talent. I prefer poetry with a more defined meter, but that's just personal preference.

Oh, and I don't think much of our Poet Laureate. The last one was better.
Sir Maxerpopple
Thank you for your critique.

For the last stanza I am thinking of using the same tone set in the first stanza, same structure. I want to list cultures that are very hospitable to people, will take you off the street, clean you up, and get you back on track. That sort of thing. This way it ends with the little message of "be accepting". Have to credit my creative writing teacher for that. Lippman you are the man! laugh.gif
Sir Maxerpopple
Okay, I think that works well as an ending. I've exhausted alot of my cultural knowledge tidbits with this piece! It's been a joy to write if nothing else.
loongear
quite impressive work.it is meaningful really.go on,you have the potential
monkey_called_narth
i like it... i just had a disscusion about this (in a way) and now im like... awsome! but im not good with comments... good job... its nice... i like it...
Gothymothy girl
It was good. Really good. Really friggin fishpaste good. I liked it. A lot. Yeah. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Gothymothy girl
Wow I sounded like a jerk. Sorry. I liked it a lot. It was cool and well thought out.

(blimey im an idiot)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.