Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ok, So Ive Finshed My First Draft... Any Thoughs
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Creations
sjwt
Input, as per useal is welcome,
i have tough skin and know i suck ass smile.gif

no title as of yet.

It had happened so fast, my life was changed in the blink of an eye. As it always happens, and as a learned traveller might expect, one minuet I was a child, the next a scared, frightened figurine of hate.

That day changed my life, as others like it have changed my life before and even more shall, yet even though I only have fleeting glimpse of those turning points in my life, I knew even then that this day was more ominous.

Whatís that?
You canít hear me? I shall come closer, for my voice is soft, how else can one keep a secret if their voice is thundering like the gods own.

Yes, what I am about to tell you is a secret, one so deep that the rivers of time have even lost there way around it, covering it with there own silt and confusing those seeking it. Hiding it from their very own prying eyes, but this night i shall divulge it too you, and should you be fortunate enough i may even show you a glimpse of my life.

One day, one day soon we wonít have to keep this secret. We shall either be gone or returned to our true lives, and yet now all we do is carry on our hidden lives, walking amongst you, struggling to survive and keep the dream alive; in our own way we are the creators.

Yes Iím a touch angsty, even for a Goth, even one in her mid teens, but I assure you that my angst has many a long year of lifeís little lessons behind it.

Who are we? We are the fae, the fairies, and the children of the gods, we hid from your prying banal eyes, you can believe me or not, listen or hear not, it matters not to me, for now all i seek is a confidant, someone who will listen to me. And you sir, shall fit the bill quite well, even if you donít listen my story shall be told. For it is eating my very soul, like a poison slowly but surly rotting the best of me, prolonging my agony hear on this world.

Yes, yes. I can read your mind, there are many things I can do,
And tonight you shall find out much about me

My story begins a little over three and a half years ago, I dressed Goth even back then too you know. It was as if the clothes and make-up called to me, even from the young age of 5 I knew what I wanted to dress like, but my early child hood is not the story tonight,
That shall wait for another opportunity.

I had just turned 12, and in this Christian dominated housing commission pungent spurt on the map, a Gothic child stood out like a boil, one that apparently needed lancing.

And lo, did many a child and adult see it as there honour, no make that there right and duty to lance me. I had few friends as a child if you could even call them that. No one was relay close to me, I had no one to really lean on. Back then I wondered how I had surveyed, now I laugh and wonder why the change did not happen sooner, or stronger.

I felt IT swelling in my mind leading up to my twelfth birthday, I could not then and can not now express exactly what I felt, but it was like fleeting moments of loosing a dream. Now I know its best described as fleeting moments being lost by the dream as one awakens.

Others emotions seemed to hang in the air, I could taste them, smell them. And over a few weeks I realise that my happy little model community was full of hate and fear.

I had but one retreat at school, an old, dieing monolithic tree on the outskirts of the grounds, but this day they had followed me there,
To one of my last outcrops of safety and calm

It seemed as if the whole school was there to torment me, in actual fact it was only 13 kids, my lucky number.

Some sort of haphazard game was in-place, I was siting under the tree, and they had formed a circle near me, passing a ball at ever-increasing ferocity around the circle in a random manner.

I felt a darkness,
I felt it moving closer.

I can still hear there chant to this day.

Our town has a curse,
And Sarah is her name.

S.A.R.A.H.

S is for Satan... her true lord and saviour
A is for affliction... That she is upon our town
R is for revolting... clothes that she wares
A is for atrociousÖ Looks she bares
H is for hell.

How long will she burn in hell.
One, Two, Three, Four, Five . . . . .

The anger within, overwhelming me. Tears rushing up to fill my eyes, as one of the players missed the ball.

His name is unimportant, I cared not then, for I was awakening, I care not now for I have been reborn anew.

I knew whom I was, what I was, and why I was.

The ball curved towards me, closer and closer.
Into the shadow of the tree.
At the same time the darkness surrounded me.
Drawing its self into the shadow of the tree, edging the ball closer,
Willing the chaser to come to us.

Yes i said us. For now I know how we are linked, the greater darkness that now came forth, seeping like a spring, welling up out of the ground and filing the air before me, and yet the others did not and could not see, nor sense its arrival.

Step. He approaches, closer. Step.
Step. He swipes at the ball, misses. Step.
Step. He swipes again, stumbles. Step.
Step. He grabs the ball, triumphant. Step.
Step. he now reaches the shadow. Step.

What happened next can only be described as a nightmare brought to life.

A swirl took up in the air around me, the shadow took form in a mist, gathering strength and energy from me, my emotions. . My fear. . My hate.

A horrid figure, cloaked, with a body and face that melted and would hold no form, a shriek, a dreadful shriek issued from its mouth as its cold and clammy hand grabbed the child before me.

The others ran.
Oh yes they ran,
Ran.. Ran. For the young especially can sense pure evil.

He pulled the child towards us in a violent move, yes indeed, I know it was a he. We have a long past, him and me. He protects me, and i. I feed him with what he needs.

The life could be seen, being drained out of this child. He starts to scream but soon he cant muster the energy, his struggling too succumbs and in a mater of seconds he is paralysed by fear.

I shall spare you the gory details of what happened next, but I assure you there wasnít much left afterwards to lead to too many questions..

Yes, what of the other children?
Oh, I see.. What did they have to say to the police, well the mists between the worlds serves against us and for us, and the childrenís own minds where washed over, reporting a tall dark man grabbing a child and fleeing.

What do I feed him? I though you of all people could of worked that out, it is not much different to that which feeds you when praying on the young and innocent my friend, fear. Hate. Pain and even death.

YES, I see now you have caught on, and now you may count your self honoured, for I can sense you donít truly believe me, but it matters not for now I shall empower you with the essence of my soul. I shall reward you for paying attention and allow you to see my world, its beauty, its wonder and its pain, and to see him coming for you.

I give you this coin, this gold coin, my friend, my companion, my would be rapist and murderer, and I trust that your last fleeting moments be quick, quick but filled with as much fear as any of your victims.

Now he comes now, he comes for you.
Little Green Goth
QUOTE (sjwt @ Mar 9 2004, 09:07 AM)

You do not suck. I found it was very well written. Reminds me of a few stories I've read in the past. I rather liked it and would love to see more of your work.
Non-Objective Portrait Of Karma
yeah, it was good - went in different directions than i'd been expecting.....which is always good
sjwt
thanks, the idea comes fora TV ad trement i did, wich was basicly about the incedent in the girls childhood, then as a short story i realised i need a way to
explane some things so i set it as the girl telling a story..

the ending and idea of who and why just poped out of nowhere, as a sort
of attempt at not realy a redemption but to bring a touch of im kinda stuck
on the word.. balance??

Though i think im missing a paragraph..
theres suposed to me a line about his bonds not comeing loss..

oh well..
sjwt
QUOTE (Little Green Goth @ Mar 9 2004, 05:59 PM)

You do not suck. I found it was very well written. Reminds me of a few stories I've read in the past. I rather liked it and would love to see more of your work.

ta,
but to me it dose seem sucky, but only because i can not express what i
want to in writen words, or even in speach.. im stuck with buetiful immargy
in my mind and an outcome on papper which is less then perfect, and allways
too short smile.gif
Thus Spoke Zarathustra
QUOTE (sjwt @ Mar 10 2004, 04:33 AM)
QUOTE (Little Green Goth @ Mar 9 2004, 05:59 PM)

ta,
too short smile.gif

You will improve in communicating your ideas thourgh words over time. This is in no way a hint, but i find its helpful to consider what medium would best communicate your ideas, you might end up thinking a poem or even a painting might be more suitable. As it happens though I think you have talent in writing so it might be better to concentrate on that - many talented people have wasted themselves dabbling a tiny bit in each medium. Master the tool, then craft the idea.
sjwt
[quote=Thus Spoke Zarathustra,Mar 10 2004, 05:14 PM] ta,
too short smile.gif [/QUOTE]
You will improve in communicating your ideas thourgh words over time. This is in no way a hint, but i find its helpful to consider what medium would best communicate your ideas, you might end up thinking a poem or even a painting might be more suitable. As it happens though I think you have talent in writing so it might be better to concentrate on that - many talented people have wasted themselves dabbling a tiny bit in each medium. Master the tool, then craft the idea. [/quote]
ive done a touch of poetry,
but its not something i try and write, usaly it only works when it just pops into my mind, as for drawing/painting/sculping well i have about as much talent in that as
whole body as the avergry joe has in there little pinky smile.gif

ill try and work in my writing,
but i find my dyslexica realy kicks it in the teath..

i spent two hours justbefore i posted this draft trying to find how to spell
step smile.gif
Thus Spoke Zarathustra
Its good that you persevere despite Dyslexia, my mum is severely dyslexic and it gave her a bad academic self esteem for years when in fact she is very talented
Non-Objective Portrait Of Karma
im seriously dyslexic and syspraxic.....it can slow down the writing process quite a bit

but it's worth it
Thus Spoke Zarathustra
QUOTE (Non-Objective Portrait Of Karma @ Mar 11 2004, 07:48 PM)
im seriously dyslexic and syspraxic.....it can slow down the writing process quite a bit

but it's worth it

Whats worth it? The dyslexia, or the writing process?

tongue.gif
sjwt
QUOTE (Thus Spoke Zarathustra @ Mar 11 2004, 09:13 PM)
QUOTE (Non-Objective Portrait Of Karma @ Mar 11 2004, 07:48 PM)

but it's worth it

Whats worth it? The dyslexia, or the writing process?

tongue.gif

both, dyslexica is a curse and a gift..

hell i tell ppl that at job interviews if you get the
"whats your worse quality"
"whats yoru best"
cleiche question..
Thus Spoke Zarathustra
What's the gift?
sjwt
QUOTE (Thus Spoke Zarathustra @ Mar 12 2004, 02:39 PM)
What's the gift?

A differnt way of thinking,
a differnt answer to a problem,
a differnt view on the work at hand.

I see things that others would not,
i answer things that others would not.

Oh and apprntly if i can strugle though
3 years of maths at uni, ill find the 4th
year a breaze..
Thus Spoke Zarathustra
Wow, that was one hell of an impressive answer

smile.gif very nice
sjwt
QUOTE (Thus Spoke Zarathustra @ Mar 13 2004, 02:16 PM)
Wow, that was one hell of an impressive answer

smile.gif very nice

yes, well i scored me a number of secodn round interviews i think..

things i wouldnt of goten though too.. smile.gif

goto be creative in this days job market,
hence why i like sending out my resume with
no pictures, borders or anythign fancy, in
.RTF format.. and printed with Courier fonts smile.gif

I think it realy stands out,
if i could id get an old fashiond typerwriter and
give that a bell..
Thus Spoke Zarathustra
Risky tactic, but it might just be risky enough to work!
sjwt
QUOTE (Thus Spoke Zarathustra @ Mar 17 2004, 10:03 AM)

you dont hear that one much anymore though..

BTW
Love the user pic..

whatr is that, celuler or fractal?
Thus Spoke Zarathustra
QUOTE (sjwt @ Mar 17 2004, 02:51 PM)
QUOTE (Thus Spoke Zarathustra @ Mar 17 2004, 10:03 AM)

you dont hear that one much anymore though..

BTW
Love the user pic..

See thread: Flux Aeterna in Media
sjwt
QUOTE (Thus Spoke Zarathustra @ Mar 17 2004, 05:27 PM)
QUOTE (sjwt @ Mar 17 2004, 02:51 PM)

BTW
Love the user pic..

See thread: Flux Aeterna in Media

intreseting, verry..

i love the explantion of why he started doing that..

id like to see the one imperfect curve picture..
unles its allready up there and i missed it smile.gif-
Thus Spoke Zarathustra
He has about 100 in all I think
Gothymothy girl
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
sjwt
QUOTE (Thus Spoke Zarathustra @ Mar 19 2004, 05:37 PM)
He has about 100 in all I think

damm im goign to have to look into this style,
i realy relay like it..
sjwt
QUOTE (Gothymothy girl @ Mar 21 2004, 04:35 AM)
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

excelent..

now to try and polish it off..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.