Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Canada Mata Meet?
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
Tigersong
Hey! Jicama started it! /me points accusingly.

tongue.gif

</spam>
jicama
me? watch too much buffy? ...ya, you're probably right. but so am i! you can't deny the hellmouthie nature of regina!

anyway... so, the most popular choices thus far are edmonton and s'toon? should we vote at some point?
shib
I vote S'toon! It sounds fun! And it's closer for us generally on the eastern side!

Scenic Saskatchewan

Go to Western Canada, Scenic Sask. for a taste of the lovely exciting province of light.
Tigersong
Pshaw! The highway goes through the most boring part of the province -- the flattest part. For economical reasons.

Here's the city in which I live, and this isn't even a biased photo. There's a reason Saskatoon's called "the gem of the prairies":

And then, of course, there's the often neglected Northern Saskatchewan, a pristine place of beauty that really hasn't been affected by humankind... yet. We're covered by lakes and rivers and Canadian shield.

(Above pictures, copyright David Dice)
shib
hehehe I was just kidding tongue.gif How I love those boys, they make me laugh.
Tigersong
Yes, yes. Just defending my province against people who think we're boring!

I still maintain it's the highway's fault! Stupid federal government! tongue.gif
jicama
yes. saskatchewan is flat. but mountains just get in the way of the sunset!

and the northern lights!

and the wheat! tongue.gif

big. eff'n. wheat.
shib
[spam]

YAAAY! WHEAT! I have a corn field beside my house...

but that doesn't count, does it. You damn Sask people and your "wheat"!! *runs off crying*
Tigersong
[spam]

No, no it does not count.

We *are* the Wheat Province, after all. The Bread-Basket of Canada.
shib
[spam]

well FINE I'll just... just... sit in Ontario and NOT be part of your acclaimed "bread basket"

stop excluding me, you tits!!
Ocean!
Flatlanders!

*doesn't need to mark this as Spam because she's special*

Yeah, Paddy's is the only respectable bar, but it's all good.

Ack, my finger is bleeding, please excuse me while I go.. uhh.. wipe it.
Polocrunch
QUOTE (jicama @ Mar 26 2004, 09:02 PM)
glad you love our homeland! though if we brought you here, artemisia would have to kill you to keep you off of her bo! laugh.gif

I shall battle her to the death!

Tsk, looking at Geoff's photo of Saskatoon, I realise that we should've gone to the Prairies too. Bah to too short holidays.
CommieBastard
Intra-Canadial fighting aside, any more suggestions?
shib
Lets vote.
Polocrunch
No, let's assign different numbers of votes based arbitrarily upon post-count, weight in gold bars and number of immediate living relatives.
Then we'll hold an election, with every person voting an hour apart in full view of the international media. Votes can be changed twice.
In case of the vote being split, one of the more valuable voters will be bribed by their sibling, or as a last resort kidnapped. No-one may vote unless they:

1) Own shares in a major oil corporation,
2) Have a poor environmental record,
3) Are bankrupt or are nearing bankruptcy,
4) Are a native citizen of Canada, Mauritania or The Gambia.

Then we'll largely ignore the vote and select the winning destination by asking Billy-Bob Hickshaw of Doollalley, Texas which one is the capital of Colombia. If he just responds with "duhhh..." we'll assume that he means "Why, it's Bogota, wot wot!" and go for Toronto.

[/cynicism]
jicama
umm... someones been eating way too much count chocula...
CommieBastard
Well, like I said, I'm in Toronto for a few days (as are antagony and shib), then to Montreal. There or within a manageable distance of there would be great for me...
Aria
QUOTE (oobunnie @ Mar 26 2004, 09:06 PM)
Incase you decide to do banff again, blueberries grow by the buckload in banff national park. Dunno if your allowed to pick them or not, but it never stopped us.

This is actually illegal. You're not supposed to pick anything in the parks. Eheh. Being a sort of outdoors guide type of person, I shan't say anymore, since if I do, I will begin to rant. ohmy.gif
oobunnie
QUOTE (Aria @ Mar 29 2004, 08:47 PM)
QUOTE (oobunnie @ Mar 26 2004, 09:06 PM)

Incase you decide to do banff again, blueberries grow by the buckload in banff national park. Dunno if your allowed to pick them or not, but it never stopped us.

This is actually illegal. You're not supposed to pick anything in the parks. Eheh. Being a sort of outdoors guide type of person, I shan't say anymore, since if I do, I will begin to rant. ohmy.gif

Noted. I suppose I'll just have to stop at some stretch along the road and pick em, before entering the park.

1) Own shares in a major oil corporation,

Mwahahaha I like that idea. I think I'd be one of the only people able to vote.

So ermm. Shall we put it to a vote or something. Someone want to make a poll or something? Have we even decided if this is a good idea or not?
Polocrunch
Wow, oobunnie actually qualifies to vote. That's assuming that you're a poor, poor student. Are you?
oobunnie
QUOTE (Polocrunch @ Mar 31 2004, 12:02 PM)
Wow, oobunnie actually qualifies to vote. That's assuming that you're a poor, poor student. Are you?

Sorta. I'm poor in the way that I run out of money before the end of the month, and have to call and beg my dad for cash.

Maybe I should just cash in my syncrude stocks instead. hmm never thought of that.
CommieBastard
Bump because I'm wondering if this is going to happen, and if it is, whether I'll be able to get to it.
cait
I'm starting to wonder if I even live in Canada at all. I mean, can your eally concider the Maritimes a part of Canada? It's like a different country. Whoa, I want to break away from Canada!

Anyway, no way I could go to these, I'm just saying. Nova Scotia is so little and isolated. *sniff* Everyone has to drive 15 hours to Montreal from here just so they can drink when they're 18 (instead of 19) It's sad.

Erm. Have fun deciding your meet, you lucky bastards.
jicama
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Apr 16 2004, 09:20 AM)
Bump because I'm wondering if this is going to happen, and if it is, whether I'll be able to get to it.

i'm thinking toronto/montreal are probably too far from the prairies were the matameet is likely to go down...
Ashbless
Edmonton has the same river as Saskatchewan. Just watch out for the pirates of the mighty Saskatchewan river. tongue.gif
I'd find a way to get time off to go to Edmonton for a Mata-meet.
Why the dislike of Calgary? We've the better zoo. smile.gif 'Course we also have many, many wannabe cowboys in the summer with Stampede....
Okay I second the Edmonton vote! laugh.gif
Prince Aries
QUOTE (Artemisia @ Mar 24 2004, 11:52 PM)
A Canada meet would be cool. Is anyone here from Manitoba besides me? Probably not, so let's have it in Saskatchewan!!!

But then, anytime Jaq, Jicama, Tigersong, CoconutMonkey and I get together, can we call that a Matameet? Then the Canadians will be seen to have the greatest devotion to Mata, because we have more meets! biggrin.gif

And Tigersong is mine, people! Mine and Aries'! (Polo I'm lookin' at you).

That's right Polos. You have QUITE the war to fight to pry him from US.

/me gets all girl and giggly and high fives Artemisia

In other news, a Canadian Meet I would be very interested in. It's one of the places I've always wanted to visit and gosh darnit it would just be fuuuuuuun.
Polocrunch
*Grabs Geoff's arm*

This man is MINE!!! Back off, bitch!

Don't make me get Hiroshima on yo' ass!
Tigersong
I suddenly feel... yummy, or something. ohmy.gif

Settle down boys... and girls... there's enough Tiger to go around for everyone. biggrin.gif
Prince Aries
QUOTE (Polocrunch @ May 16 2004, 03:50 PM)
*Grabs Geoff's arm*

This man is MINE!!! Back off, bitch!

Don't make me get Hiroshima on yo' ass!

I would like to make mention, dear sweet ignorant Polos, that Arty is indeed a real life owner of said Product, heretofore referred to as Tiger, and I am the internet love slave of the Tiger. Hence we rule, you lose! SUCKA!

*coughs* Erm...sorry..I honestly have NO idea what just came over me. Forgive me? happy.gif
EvilSpork
I say we have it in Sault Ste. Marie just because I can acctually get there tongue.gif
Polocrunch
QUOTE (Tigersong @ May 17 2004, 05:01 AM)
Settle down boys... and girls... there's enough Tiger to go around for everyone. biggrin.gif

There certainly is. wink.gif

But no! I will not share! This is not the Briton's way!
Prince Aries
I realized just now that I did not even BOTHER to be on topic during my earlier posts. It would seem I've lost my 1337 forum etiquette ability. I should now be brought into the streets and shot.

Or, to save on bullets, I can get back ON TOPIC. I personally don't care about location, I'm highly ambivalent when it comes to the whole thing. Hopefully it's somewhat closer to where I live. The closer the better I be sayin'! laugh.gif

So whenever wherever is fine by me.
Artemisia
Well, since this thread is so off topic anyway....Minutes of the latest Canadian Mata Meets:

We Saskatchewanians just had 2 Mata meets in a row! Jaq, Artemisia, Tigersong, and Jicama were there, as was Coconut Monkey (briefly, as DD), and Irish attended by web cam, where he was treated to close-ups of Artemisia's and Jaq's ample bosoms -- so he could appreciate the intricate pattern details of their shirts. Also, we played charades via web-cam with him. Much fun (and alcohol) was had by all. Tigersong was on a winning streak during the "I have never..." drinking game when he declared he had never menstruated, and therefore all the others present who had done that had to drink. Tigersong was surrounded by women. Smarty pants. The second meet consisted of playing 3 Cheapass games (www.cheapassgames.com) followed by chip and fizzy beverage consumption. T, A, J, J, and CM were present. Except Jaq fell asleep. AGAIN.

Tune in next week for more details on upcoming meetings!
(J/k - more of this would be needless spammy spam)
Tigersong
QUOTE (Artemisia @ May 20 2004, 12:05 AM)
Tigersong was on a winning streak during the "I have never..." drinking game when he declared he had never menstruated, and therefore all the others present who had done that had to drink.

I have never produced a Graafian follicle by means of lutenizing hormone and follicle-stimulating hormone.

</spam>
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.