Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ode To A Smoke Break
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Creations
Pages: 1, 2
LoLo
I was sitting out back in a lawn chair.
I breathed in a bug,
It got caught in my nose hair.
Gothymothy girl
You find this interesting HOW!?
LoLo
It's a true story, inspired by a smoke break I took today. It doesn't have to be interesting. I'm using my artistic license.
Phyllis
Well, it made me laugh. biggrin.gif
Industrial Kybosh
laugh.gif

Minimalist. I like it.
LoLo
Yay my mission was accomplished! A minimalist way to make people laugh! Maybe I'll do more some other time.
LoLo
follow up with today's experience:

I was sitting outside having a smoke.
A cat sat on my lap and climbed on my chest.
It extended it's claw which broke,
Through my shirt and scratched my right breast.
Cath Sparrow
Ouch! huh.gif

LOL! This is my sort of poetry short and to the point. biggrin.gif
Thus Spoke Zarathustra
You could do like a whole book called 'Smoke Breaks', it would rock
Hobbes
Heehee biggrin.gif

Me like.
WeeJ
QUOTE (LoLo @ Mar 28 2004, 04:47 PM)
I was sitting outside having a smoke.
A cat sat on my lap and climbed on my chest.
It extended it's claw which broke,
Through my shirt and scratched my right breast.

Now, everyone must appreciate a poem that contains boobs.
MoonlightSavingsTime
I want to hear more of these! You should post one for us, for every smoke break you take. Lots of stories to be had there. I wish I could make things sound funny.
LoLo
QUOTE (MoonlightSavingsTime @ Mar 30 2004, 01:20 PM)
I want to hear more of these! You should post one for us, for every smoke break you take. Lots of stories to be had there. I wish I could make things sound funny.

Ok ok I'll do one about a smoke break at school today, now keep in mind I smoke wayyyyy too much to have every break be interesting. You should know that. laugh.gif wink.gif

I took a little break between classes.
A guy bummed a cig,
He was wearing glasses.
He left me alone to blow big
Smoke rings into the masses.
gothictheysay
I took a little break between classes.
A guy bummed a cig,
He was wearing glasses.
He left me alone to blow big
Smoke rings into the masses.

That is genius. The word choice shines. You need to be published. biggrin.gif
Silver Star Angel of Da Towers
heheh.. that's funny and catchy!
Gothymothy girl
I like them! They are interesting. (hypocryte, I know) Now I understand why you commented on my poetry that way. .. . . sorry for being a jerk. I was in a bad mood.
LoLo
Today's smoke break poem.

My new pink hair was glowing in the sun.
I sat outside and thought it would be fun,
To dig my feet into the grass,
Then a bee climbed up my pants and stung my ass.
gothictheysay
Say the first part of the last line quicky, it works quite well. biggrin.gif Sorry about your wound.
Industrial Kybosh
O_O

I like the last one. Surprise ending.
LoLo
I was shopping at the mall.
I left my mom for a smoke and a fart.
I leaned up against a faraway wall,
And yet was interrupted by a guy named Art.
Enslaved
Ehehe, your a poetic genius smile.gif

I shall forever worship smoke breaks for your inspiration. There shall be National Smoke Break Day!!!
franken-sarah
LoLo, you're a poetic, and comic, genius!! biggrin.gif

Your little poems are brilliant - cool and funny!! They're kinda like limericks.
LoLo
The smoke was coming out of my nose.
The rain came down and wet my clothes.
I really liked the smell of the air,
Then I had to go back inside where,
I got to work.
Cath Sparrow
Yay! A new one! Cool! biggrin.gif
acid_rain_child
Lolo, I thought you had forgotten about us!
My smoke breaks aren't nearly as interesting...
There's nothing worse than smoking in the rain and having a big drop splatter , like, in the middle of it. You know what I'm talking about? Like you try your hardest to keep it dry, but one drop comes and ruins the whole thing. Oh jesus, or trying to light a lighter in the rain... or a match. Jeez, or trying to hold and umbrella and trying to light a cigarette. Rain and smoking don't mix.
LoLo
QUOTE (acid_rain_child @ Apr 19 2004, 01:51 PM)
Lolo, I thought you had forgotten about us!
My smoke breaks aren't nearly as interesting...
There's nothing worse than smoking in the rain and having a big drop splatter , like, in the middle of it. You know what I'm talking about? Like you try your hardest to keep it dry, but one drop comes and ruins the whole thing. Oh jesus, or trying to light a lighter in the rain... or a match. Jeez, or trying to hold and umbrella and trying to light a cigarette. Rain and smoking don't mix.

Tips for smoking outside in the rain:

1. Bend over the ciggy as far as you can and don't worry about an umbrella. It makes it easier to light if you have one hand as well as you head to keep it dry and one hand to light it.

2. To prevent cig drops hold your ciggy cupped under your hand. It helps keep your hand warm too. laugh.gif

3. Smoke fast and under an overhang if possible!

4. Buy lots of hoodies! lol
gothictheysay
Do you know how many times I have to relight in the shower?...

http://keepersoflists.org/index.php?lid=2696

I am a proud Keepers Apostle.
LoLo
Bees Bees Bees Bees.
They were flying around me
And landed on my knees.
acid_rain_child
*Claps!*

I was just looking at this thread this morning LoLo and thinking, Oh no!
But you came back!
And thatnks to you, I did indeed finish a cigarette in the rain, it was glorious.
More, more...
PsychWardMike
Not a haiku... that score some points.

I actually rather like it. Short, sweet, and humerous - not too complex, and not mind numbingly stupid.

What can I say? I came in prepared for a battle, but I left peacefully.

Bravo.
LoLo
That pretty much is the point of them.
leopold
Well, at least your cig breaks are more exciting than mine... I sit in a gloomy, nicotine-stained hut with a heater that only works when it's not cold outside... rolleyes.gif

I go for a ciggy
Bathed in sunshine
I return from my ciggy
Drenched in rain
How fickle is the climate
Thunder follows sunshine
Bloody weather mad.gif
LoLo
**snaps fingers for leo**
LoLo
I think I broke my toe.
I kicked a bike and went, "Oh,
That aches."
So I went outside and my cig breaks!
gothictheysay
*claps for Lo and Leo*

Since I don't smoke you're an essential part of my smoking entertainment tongue.gif
ravein
lo, you are a credit to the poetic world... smile.gif
LoLo
I have a pig with a sinus infection.
He lights the tip of my cig.
I can put him in my pocket,
Because Percy's not very big.

(poem about my new pig lighter that has flames that come out of his nose.)
gothictheysay
sweet! I love piggies. very nicely done.

I love you lo.
acid_rain_child
Not-Such-an-Ode to Quitting

I did not want to
But I had to
I got caught
And so they bought
Nicorette.
Tastes nothing like my cigarette mad.gif
Makes me gag
Burns my throat
Chew Chew Chew
Fingers have nothing to do

No cigarette for 9 hours
Instead collecting chewed "gum"* towers
T'is impossible
I say
To quit smoking to-day
Getting a pack tomorrow
'cause this morn I had to borrow
I'm so bad at quitting.

Yes, I got caught, to my mortification, and my stepdad thinks that the incident is "ruining the family" and "especially [his] marriage" and "especially [his] son". I won't go into the horrible details of my family life. *Flips stepdad off from 50 miles away* *Grumbles a tad* *Cries a little* *Is now chewing Nicorette because she's stressed*...*wants a cigarette* *Bums one off of Lolo* Sorry, I'm fiendin', this gum doesn't work.

*"gum"-- I used the term gum loosely when referring to Nicorette. It's more like chewing flaming rubber and then squishing against you cheek and gums until your saliva extinguishes the hell fire and pain. It also makes me sick to my stomach. And unlike realy gum, costs about $1 a piece... a centimeter by centimeter piece of beige, leathery tar dry.gif
LoLo
Boxer shorts don't protect your bum,
From the burning of the Cali sun.
Hot lawn chairs and smoking don't mix.
I think I'll go inside and have a bowl of trix.
gothictheysay
*worships* the smoke break poems returneth!
LoLo
My boss says she's going to start to smoke.
I'd offer her one but she doesn't pay me enough so I'm broke.
I can see it now the two of us hanging out in the alley,
Adding to the bad air quality of the Sacramento Valley.
LoLo
The grass was wet and green.
My shoes were freshly clean.
A smoke I needed, I thought.
My shoes clean, they are not.
LoLo
So I'm taking this flash class and the assignment this time was to make an animation using a poem and well Candice suggested I use the original Ode To A Smoke Break poem and I did.

Without further ado, the animated version of ode to a smoke break
JimiJimi
Very strange indeed. But I do think that making a little book or an online site dedicated to smoke breaks would be a good idea.

I can see it would be a selling point... you'd just need someone to do little inkpen sketches for each one. Anyone seen the blue day book or any little books like that?
LoLo
QUOTE (JimiJimi @ Mar 5 2005, 08:28 AM)
Very strange indeed. But I do think that making a little book or an online site dedicated to smoke breaks would be a good idea.

I can see it would be a selling point... you'd just need someone to do little inkpen sketches for each one. Anyone seen the blue day book or any little books like that?

Actually I had thought of doing a book and I am an artist of sorts so I might be able to draw the pictures for it. If only I had the time. lol
catchmeifyoucan
I love everything about people smoke cigarettes now, in the 21st century. Even though I would never do it myself, I can't help but be very attracted to people (in a friendly or sexual way) because it makes them look all worn out. There's something about someone smoking a cigarette that lets you know that they're not perfect, and that that cigarette is helping them ease their frustration. It's all about a rock and roll/punk attitude too.yeah, and thats why i love your stuff. Cigarettes and the people who smoke them are way awesome people that no one knows about.
LoLo
lol, thanks....I think.
Cath Sparrow
That was really cool Lo I really enjoyed it. I just thought the simplicity of the concept work really wel.
uuu
pthpt!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.