Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flash
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Creations
AnnieRexic
i've recently been on a flash course (on behalf of my borough's council) along with two other girls from my school and all i can say is "bloody hell mata! how the hell can you be so patient with it?!". It is fun making your own animations but it can take ages to do it how you want. but i did make a halloween animation which i am very proud of.

They shall (hopefully) be put on the site of the place that did the course and i shall put the link up so you can all see my crappy little animations (well they are crappy compared to mata's stuff - especially the c's encounter (5 weeks?! you patient man you...)

peace out dudes...

AnnieRexic xxx
Mata
I look forward to seeing what you make.

Yes, Flash does take ages to do. It's a 2D animation program and people often forget that such things exist, so when something looks lovely and has a sense of scale about it that's come from hours of work, not some clever programming trick.

I've been considering recently going back through my early animations and brushing them up to my modern standards. It'll take a while, but I've come so far that some of the earlier ones really grate for me now!

Flash is like anything worthwhile, it's easy to pick up, but hard to master and you get out what you put in.
CommieBastard
QUOTE (Mata @ Apr 14 2004, 02:12 PM)
I've been considering recently going back through my early animations and brushing them up to my modern standards. It'll take a while, but I've come so far that some of the earlier ones really grate for me now!

So long as you lay off the first Mittens & Snowdrop, it'd be like remaking the Star Wars films...
Mata
Funny you should mention that, I've made a new version of those, but I decided that they would be better if I had an alien that provoked strange feelings of racial stereotyping in everyone who watches them...

I have actually made a new version of Mittens 1 that runs at twice the framerate, I'm considering adding the music and background from the most recent episode. I'm not sure if that will be like fiddling with something that's not broken though...
Thus Spoke Zarathustra
By the time you've finished It will be just be one long Mech battle with a generic trance soundtrack won't it?
Mata
Damn? Am I going to have to take the robots out? I thought that they worked with the overall theme of alienation in familar settings, symbolising the opressive technocratic state. Okay, I'll leave out the robots.
Thus Spoke Zarathustra
Damn! So much for reverse pychology...
EvilSpork
I need to learn action script... Thats about all I can't do with flash... Damn that action script... I'll have to pick up a book or something (since my copy of Flash MX isn't exactly legit... Sh, don't tell on me!)
Mata
Get this, the Friends of ED books are the absolute best for learning anything to do with Flash.

http://www.friendsofed.com/books/1590591666/index.html
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.