Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Untitled Poem
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Creations
acid_rain_child
I wrote this poem a couple months ago when a friend wrote me a very nasty note about how she was concerned with me and my... uh... drug rampage? Maybe that's the phrase she used. Anyway, I was very angry with her for a couple weeks because I didn't think she knew what the hell she was talking about and I didn't think she actually gave a damn, but after I thought about it, I knew that she was actually the best friend I had and really cared about me biggrin.gif
Anyway, I wrote this when I was mad at her, I don't even know if it makes any sense, but the words came to me, and it's stuck in my head.

Untitled

The wool is over my eyes,
And you sheared the sheep
You kept it
And fed it
And loved it
And when--
It was all grown
You shaved it with care
For weeks and weeks until it was bare
You worked so hard to keep me blind,
Even when I was your sheep all this time

Does that make any sense to anyone?
tainted_sorrow
i liked it...buuut...id didnt make sence to me...but dont worry,...nuthin makes sence to me! tongue.gif ..i read that...then after i read it...my hamster wheel(in my head)...zoomed really fast...then stoped almost as fast..i was like whoa...that killed my brain...heh..no..i didnt get confuzed tho...and my hamster wheel paused a few times....but yea i still liked it happy.gif

----Kal
Kitty
Honestly....
It doesnt make sense.
In a way....
That it does make sense.
Like.... maybe.... she sheilded you from something....
With something she loved....
And cared for....
And tried to protect you,
But in a way,
She was taking something from you.... and thats why at the end it was 'even when I was your sheep all this time'

Maybe?
gothictheysay
The wool is over my eyes,
And you sheared the sheep
You kept it
And fed it
And loved it
And when--
It was all grown
You shaved it with care
For weeks and weeks until it was bare
You worked so hard to keep me blind,
Even when I was your sheep all this time

I <3

Yes, it makes a lot of sense! Even not in the context of you and your friend. The message I get is that you were the person's sheep, under their control. You being blind and the wool over your eyes - you were sheltered, not shown the whole truth. And someone built you up and cared for you "until it was bare" even though you'd been faithful, as their sheep, the whole time.
PsychWardMike
To answer your question no.

Now, I have good news and bad news.

The good news is: Poetry doesn't have to make sense.

The bad news it: Poetry should be coherent.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.