Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: As The Days Go By...
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
ravein
Okay.. so lately there has been an influx of depressing posts in daily life.. we all get down on ourselves.. for one thing or another.. these things happen.. but I think sometimes we all need to step back and realize that life is not as sucky as we think it is. If we dwell on the negative, we will get negative in return. So in an effort to help, I have a fagtabouls idea.. when life has you down.. come here and post what was good about your day.

examples:
The guy at the store gave me an extra dollar in change...
It was sunny today and there was a light breeze...
My best friend who was being a wench all day talked to a cute guy with something black in her teeth..
I heard my favorite song on the radio as I was driving in the rain
I got a new pen
I got an extra chicken McNugget in my happy meal
I saw a monkey throw crap at tourists
A Llama made me jello in a Morrissey jello mold
I used the words lesbonic, gayriffic, fagtabouls all in the same sentence

point is, there is always at least one thing in your day that brings you a little joy.. Here is the place to share those things..
Marsyas
I haven't had the time to really come here lately, which saddens me, but there are so many good things that are allowing me to be here right now:

It's Reading Day here during Finals Week, which means I have no classes today.
I woke up at 6:30, but decided it wasn't worth the effort so I went back to bed until about a half an hour ago.
Once I got up, I took the world's longest, hottest shower...
For the first time in weeks, nay months, I have the time to just sit around and do nothing....happy.gif
It's a beautiful, sunny day (for once...it's been a very rainy spring so far)
I move out on Friday!
The Sno Castle opened a month early back home!!!!!!!! I love the sno castle!!!!

So yeah, I'm in a pretty spiffing mood...biggrin.gif
LoLo
I'm going to put one from yesterday as today has just started for me.

I drove the road between night and day. To my right the almost full moon was setting behind a set of faraway hills and reflecting off of the freshly flooded rice fields. To my left the sun was coming up from behind a set of faraway hills also reflecting off of the freshly filled rice fields. It was surreal.
ravein
QUOTE (LoLo @ May 5 2004, 09:56 AM)
I'm going to put one from yesterday as today has just started for me.

I drove the road between night and day. To my right the almost full moon was setting behind a set of faraway hills and reflecting off of the freshly flooded rice fields. To my left the sun was coming up from behind a set of faraway hills also reflecting off of the freshly filled rice fields. It was surreal.

wow.. I bet that was awesome.... that is one of those things you mentally record so you never forget it..

I live on the second story of our townhouse.. my back yard is lush almost like a rain forest...it is basically forest right up to my window... in the morning when I wake up the sun is streaming in through the trees... there are so many different color greens.. it is amazing.. I am breathless for a little while each morning.. and as long as I don’t look down.. It feels like I am in a tree house..
Marsyas
QUOTE (LoLo @ May 5 2004, 09:56 AM)
I drove the road between night and day.  To my right the almost full moon was setting behind a set of faraway hills and reflecting off of the freshly flooded rice fields.  To my left the sun was coming up from behind a set of faraway hills also reflecting off of the freshly filled rice fields.  It was surreal.

Oh wow....that sounds absolutely beautiful...

I get a feeling sort of like that whenever I drive home from Morehead...there's a point on the AA Highway where you come up over a hill and see the road flowing like a ribbon between the green and purple hills...Kentucky might be a little backwards sometimes, but goodness is it ever gorgeous...

Morehead in and of itself is probably one of the more picturesque places in the state. It's not much of a college town, but what it lacks in nightlife it makes up for in scenery and adequate campsites. Besides, we're only half and hour out of two large cities, so we can't really complain.

Here's one of the nicer pictures:

Cave Run Lake...a few minutes outside of Morehead but still within the county. My boyfriend and I used to go on picnics there in the fall. happy.gif
LoLo
I just made eggs and toast that got finished in the perfect order to be ready and hot and good to make the perfect breakfast.

Nothing spattered on me while cooking nude.

There was a happy face in the grains on the top of my toast and I ate it right up.
WeeJ
Well, five o'clock finally rolled around and I came home and was finally given my birthday cake smile.gif (My family sort of forgot to give it me as they hid it)
ravein
I just had THE perfect chicken sandwhich with my girl friend... while at lunch she spilled the 3 soda of the week (kekekeke)... and we got to make out for a few mins in the parking lot... excellent lunch....
*hands weej another birthday cake*
Pikasyuu
( You are my goddess, Selmisha. )

Ouuu .. let's see.

I had just enough time when I woke up to take an extra long, extra relaxing shower with this new super-great soap
Mom was very nice, and we're going out to dinner tonight
I've got leftovers so's I can eat when I get home - Pizza! Yay!
Both Rachel AND Sean are on this thread. ^.~
And my cousin got a new job, so I'm happy for him.

Decent day, no?
CommieBastard
I installed Windows XP on this computer and it actually worked...nothing ever works...
That means my iPod works up here so I can put allll my music on it.
I just had a nice meal. Stir fry. Yay.
Katii just posted!
Pikasyuu
Stir fry is great <3

The day's about to get better. *threatens Seanny with the PM machine, hops off to bug some*
franken-sarah
This was a great idea!!

I was at work today, I work with adults with disabilties and I do lots of out-door stuff. So today, lovely sunny, warm day, we went rafting at Loch Lubnaig which is a really gorgeous area. The sky was blue and the mountains have a dusting of snow - and everyone had a fun day!! biggrin.gif
ravein
I got to be syuu's goddess... really can you have a better day????? wink.gif
acid_rain_child
I did... well, it didn't start out like that because I got my reports for how my grades are in most of my classes, and well, I'm failing about 3 or 4 of them, which boggles my mind because my last 3 report cards have been sparkling, but now that I've been clean and sober for a month or so, my grades are starting to slip.

Buuut. I met a friend I haven't seen since 5th grade, another friend I haven't seen since 8th grade, someone bought me a pack of cigarettes, and I bummed a ride off of someone and didn't have to walk here. I'm wearing a skirt with no panty hos to it would've been hell, but lo and behold it's all good. I had a very nice day, considering I have to get all those failure reports signed later tonight... dry.gif
Silver Star Angel of Da Towers
I hung out with this boy i kinda like laugh.gif
Mata
For the first time ever I've got a working DVD player in my PC, and a highly respected critic just uttered these words on it:

There is nothing wrong with being a goth teenager, it's a highly legitimate existential condition.

(It's a documentary about William Gibson in case anyone's wondering.)

All in all the day has gone rather well, my computers are being to really work properly, things that haven't functioned properly for me for a long time ae now beginning to really happen. It's all rather exciting.

The next good thing is really rather dull; I've caught up with loads of paperwork that I've been meaning to get around to doing for about six months, I know that's not exciting at all, but it certainly makes me feel a bit more in control of my life. It's amazing how much you can get done when you don't have a working PC around to distract you!
LoLo
I got a ton of black plastic corner thingys that my store was just going to throw away. Those fools!
leopold
I have a gorgeous woman and three adorable kids. No day is a bad day for me any more! smile.gif
TigerLily013
The plans for Jonathan coming down are coming together! wub.gif

My house is getting clean and I am cleaning it! biggrin.gif

I got my angel and our friend Lynn a new friend, his name is Ri! laugh.gif

I have soooooo many signature tags made on my pc that I think I'm set for a while smile.gif

Friday is almost here, which of course would make anyone happy.
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
I bought a packet of crumpets that were supposed to be 72p for 39p

this is good because I didn't have enough to pay 72p for them, I actually made an effort to get things done so I could still have them (it said 32p on the shelf so why should I pay more?) and I looooove crumpets...yummeh yummeh yummeh!
mooooooooooopo
My 2 courseworks are almost over

Soon I will have my wireless network working...mhmmmmm...irc, in bed, no wires biggrin.gif

It almost friday, like TigerLily013 said
ravein
QUOTE (moop @ May 6 2004, 08:41 AM)
My 2 courseworks are almost over

Soon I will have my wireless network working...mhmmmmm...irc, in bed, no wires biggrin.gif

It almost friday, like TigerLily013 said

once you get your wireless up and running.. you have to sit in the bathroom and play on the internet.. it really amazing what you can do with technology smile.gif

I woke up this morning.. held my gf for 10 mins longer than I should have.. got to work late but since I dont have a boss it really didnt matter... now I am enjoying a happy granola bar.. sipping a 56oz jug of water chilling... my day has gone super well so far biggrin.gif
the lil' pie fairy
we sat and read fhm at lunch...hehe smile.gif
reef's place your hands song was on the radio and it's put a permanent smile on my face today.
doing a maths test today, i got the first two questions all on my own, and with a little bit of help the nest two as well! YAY-i don't normally rolleyes.gif
i get paid tomorrow
which means phone credit to talk to friends!
which means i can talk to ma honey!!!!! WOOOO biggrin.gif
oh, and i have the best guy in the world. miiiiine. oh yes tongue.gif
gothictheysay
It's warm. I'm doing much better than last week. I got a new book.

I'M GOING BACK TO SCHOOL FROM ALL MY THERAPY SESSIONS TOMORROW biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

It's been over a week, so. tongue.gif
markslut
I went to work, did work and came home - sorry to be dull
Hyperion
Uhmmmm... I won my school poetry contest~! Like the whole thing. Happy. And... my article for the paper is done. YAY! And I'm reading a new book. MORE YAY!

And I <3 you aaaaallllll. happy.gif
MistressAlti
I sat down and looked at the scholarship package I've managed to put together to finance my undergraduate education, and suddenly realized there's $75,000 there, and I should quit worrying so damn much about money at home... was a good feeling...
Snugglebum the Destroyer
I had a really long, hot bath. Read a book, smoked a couple of cigarettes and shaved my legs with my spanking new razor - my legs are now so smooth you could eat your dinner off them.... biggrin.gif

Doesn't take an awful lot to please me wink.gif
TigerLily013
QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ May 6 2004, 04:52 PM)
I had a really long, hot bath. Read a book, smoked a couple of cigarettes and shaved my legs with my spanking new razor - my legs are now so smooth you could eat your dinner off them.... biggrin.gif

That's one kinky dinner wink.gif laugh.gif Just had to say that! Sounds awesome happy.gif
LoLo
I got embarrassed because I was staring at a cute guy at work and he waved at me. Found out later that he was pearing into the back while he was being rung up and I was putting things away in back, trying to see where I was. I feel slightly sexy today. laugh.gif biggrin.gif
Tigersong
QUOTE (Marsyas @ May 5 2004, 08:37 AM)
Cave Run Lake...a few minutes outside of Morehead but still within the county.  My boyfriend and I used to go on picnics there in the fall.  happy.gif
Wow. That is... one of the great things about my day today. Seeing that picture, thinking about going up north this summer. Nature. Ah!

That, and I just answered another of those damned email quizzes. Yay meme!

Also, Artemesia is coming to S'toon for the summer tomorrow.

Also, I passed my dentures.

Also, I wrote a really good exam today.

Also, life is strangely beautiful today. Odd, that in the middle of exam stress I'd be so happy.
gothictheysay
- I got a warm welcome after being 8 days out of school smile.gif

- I'm going to take a nap, it was a half day, and I have time to sleep

- Along with going back to school, I got lots of love from everyone. I had been arguing and having some problems with one of my friends, but when I came back he was much nicer. And for the first time after I told him I loved him, he told me he loved me too. It was an "awwww" moment, except for the fact I had to run to class. laugh.gif

- I get to perform in the musical tonight, and there's a party afterwards!

- Tomorrow, I get to have a party in the evening.

- Everyone is very supportive and loving.

- The dog that never cuddles up to me is curled on the couch four feet away. ^^

- I have a positive outlook. squee.
mooooooooooopo
I have one less coursework to do (one left now)

I finally got my parcel delivered...yay, anime-ness biggrin.gif
ravein
YAY! To all of they above!! Glad things went well Gothictheysay..
I got asked by the Drama teacher to work the sound board next year for all of her Drama classes. Granted while it will be more work on top of my real job, It is something I always wanted to do.. and It is not like i have to rush across town to get there, I walk out of my office, down the hall and I am there! See no traffic! laugh.gif
On top of that, come November me and Kat start the planning process of opening our resturant!! mwwwwhahahahah I will rule the world one day.. just you wait!
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
woo! yay you!

I just broke my nail clippers, and fixed them again biggrin.gif

I've actually done some revision today smile.gif
ravein
okay.. so today was great.. now it is freaking awesome... so how about a bat got loose on the freshmen hall right in front of my office.. people where screaming and running.. teachers would come out of there classes to find out why people where screaming.. only to find a bat flying at there faces... in turn they scream and run back into their classrooms... finally me and another guy caught the bat with a cardboard box and a broom, but not before it clipped two students.. at one point the bat is hauling it down the hall and walking toward it is this girl just prancing along.. only to be met face first with a bat… hehehehehehehe.. I am still shaking from all the laughing I just did... it really was like watching a tape of people falling over and over again..
WeeJ
*sings* Today is friday... I'm not working Monday....la la do the conga...I'm on vactaion this weekend....la la suck my bum work.....do do do do do do.....no work for me....

Ok, I've finished my little song. I'm off to Wales with Mat and some friends tomorrow. Its Mats birthday on Monday so I booked it off and I'm generally in a great mood as I don't have work for three days biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
LoLo
Some woman told me yesterday that I had a really big heart and she hoped I was appreaciated by those around me.

My boss appologized for being such a insert bad name here and she never does that.
CommieBastard
I bought CDs today! Frengers by Mew and Failure by Assemblage 23! Hurrah!
ravein
after a week on a strict lettuce and water diet I got a free day... I got to eat sausages, over hash browns, with mushrooms and onions..smothered in cheese.. ummmmmmmmmmmm.... fat... yummie...
LoLo
I finally found out how much my raise is going to be for the promotion for the job I started 3 weeks ago.

I got to work with my good friend Jenny yesterday who always puts me in a good mood for the most part.
LoLo
I spent most of the day with my mom, my aunts, and my grandma without a total mental breakdown. laugh.gif
Tigersong
My beloved is finally in Saskatoon for the summer. Which is wonderful.

I didn't have any exams today.

I (read Artemesia did, while I tried to study) planted a herb garden last night. It's so nifty to think about how such a tiny little speck of dust will grow to be a flowering tasty plant.

There are only 9 days left until I'm finally done my exams.

My exams are almost half over.

Gee, can you tell I've got exams on the brain?
Marsyas
*does the exam dance*
You'll be awesome for the last half...much luck to you smile.gif

Speaking of which, I finished mine on Friday, giving me my first ever "end of the semester and not crappy midterms" unweighted 4.0 ever! Yay! I got a perfect GPA! *does a jig*

I moved back home on Friday...

Despite my family being extremely dysfunctional, we managed to have a very nice mother's day lunch at a restaurant down the street from where I've moved...

I'm keeping myself positive, hoping that maybe, just MAYBE I'll find the wireless internet router today in my adventures in the basement boxes.

I talked to my boyfriend last night for the first time since Friday...

I'm eating Easy Mac, posting here (which I haven't gotten to do because of the blasted internet being unconnected), and petting my slightly obese but still cute cat Monty. happy.gif

Glad to be home....
leopold
QUOTE (ravein @ May 8 2004, 06:25 PM)
after a week on a strict lettuce and water diet I got a free day... I got to eat sausages, over hash browns, with mushrooms and onions..smothered in cheese.. ummmmmmmmmmmm.... fat... yummie...

Nice move, Rave! That's what I'd do too, put on all the calories I'd saved by having a damn big blow-out laugh.gif

Eeeh, there's a reet loud thunderstorm goin' on outside where I work! I love thunderstorms, the sheer energy that they posess, all coming from bits of water banging together in the sky... marvellous biggrin.gif
LoLo
My raise kicks in today!
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
I've been living on Toast and Rice Cakes (and crumpets) for the past 2 weeks and I finally has a proper meal; pasta, mashed potato, peas and carrots.

Was yummy even though I don't like cooked carrots but they were sat in my cupboard so I thought...eh? why not? and they exploded all over my microwave to thank me dry.gif

But yay none the less!

(and my exams start on Wednesday...eep!)
leopold
I just noticed that Lo still hasn't passed me on the post-count, meaning that despite my extended period of "not here as much as before", I'm still 90 posts clear of her (91 counting this one!) and still second on the spam board... I mean, top 10 posters *cough* happy.gif

I also note that said list contains 4 mods (5 if we include D-Man, which we should really), three of which are in the top 5! And the last 4 places on there are occupied by people who don't come here any more, for whatever reasons. And Lo is probably the most active member in there as well.

Why does all this make me happy? I dunno... maybe it's cos by doing this, I'm not doing any actual work! laugh.gif laugh.gif
ravein
I started on the same day as lo and only have 2000 posts.. yet I am on here everyday... that must mean your ........spammers!!! ohmy.gif wink.gif biggrin.gif Actually it means I just dont post a lot..

10 days till I am lying on the sunny shores of Jamaica.. completely and totally inebriated..
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
I have a drum skin signed by Breed 77

I have a large The Rapture poster adorning my wall

I've done a good bit of revision today and I think some of it has gone in

I go home in a week (albeit a week with 7 exams in it)

I'm going dress shopping on Saturday

I've drank too much tea...mmm tea

I'm having fried potato for tea (mmm fatty)

I'm in a generally good mood and I can't stop dancing
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.