Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Riddle Me This
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft > Games
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Lord of darness
ok here we go a new game where you must make a riddle and have it answered. the person that answers it may ether choose to make another riddle or choose not to (but say if your not) and on top of that dont post a riddle unless you know your answer is right it makes things so freaken confusing. If a riddle gose for to long just give away the answer and let someone else tell one. well not time for mine to start.....

What when placed in a bucket makes it lighter? (no it's not nothing there is an answer) <not heleum ether>
Greeneyes
A lamp.
Lord of darness
Wrong (I mean makes it weigh less) it's an older riddle but think on it a litttle.

but yours is smoke
Greeneyes
a hole
Lord of darness
gj already answered yours I think
Greeneyes
Erm, i just read the first post. I removed mine. Sorry. your answer was wrong though.
Lord of darness
well you can post a riddle oyu got it right the secound time gj = good job in case you didnt know
Greeneyes
Yeah that helps.

What goes up a chimney down, but never down a chimney up?
CrazyFooIAintGettinOnNoPlane
an umbrella?
monkey_called_narth
heat?
Ashbless
An old riddle.

The King of Cumberland
gave to the Queen of Northumberland,
A bottomless container
to put flesh and blood in.

What did he give her??
Greeneyes
crazymat got it
yay.. although I dont know why you'd be putting an umbrella up the chimney?
well I cant think of a riddle but there already is one so that works out ok for me smile.gif
Lord of darness
flesh and blood?

(if right) what is round like a cup, tall as a house, and all the king's hourses cant draw it up?
Ashbless
Sorry, wrong answer, flesh and blood is what goes into our mystery container. The riddle is about the container. There are two possible right answers. Does that help? biggrin.gif

The answer to yours is a well, isn't it?
phoenix
QUOTE (Ashbless @ May 15 2004, 12:00 AM)
An old riddle.

The King of Cumberland
gave to the Queen of Northumberland,
A bottomless container
to put flesh and blood in.

What did he give her??

umm... a container prehaps tongue.gif laugh.gif

although the concept of a "bottmless" container is a bit odd, arent they usually topless?

[/spam]
mooooooooooopo
QUOTE (phoenix @ May 16 2004, 06:27 AM)
although the concept of a "bottmless" container is a bit odd, arent they usually topless?

Hmm, play Monkey Island 3, it has a bottomless mug policy...

</spam>
Lord of darness
though off topic that is a nice game. lol

is it a topless container?
Ashbless
The container doesn't have a top or bottom. Should I really be giving so many hints? unsure.gif laugh.gif
phoenix
QUOTE (Ashbless @ May 16 2004, 12:11 PM)
The container doesn't have a top or bottom. Should I really be giving so many hints? unsure.gif laugh.gif

ooo!!!! i was right, he did give her a container tongue.gif
Greeneyes
The only thing i could think of was skin (as in, the birthday suit). Thats a container, with flesh and blood in....

Oohh! Sausage skin!
Greeneyes
I think the answer to Lord Of Darness's one is a hill, and the answer to Ashbless's one is skin.
Ashbless
Sorry Greeneyes, the answer is not skin.
Yes, it's a container tongue.gif please identify container.
Alaric
Three friends check into a motel for the night and the clerk tells them the bill is $30, payable in advance. So, they each pay the clerk $10 and go to their room. A few minutes later, the clerk realizes he has made an error and overcharged the trio by $5. He asks the bellhop to return $5 to the 3 friends who had just checked in. The bellhop sees this as an opportunity to make $2 as he reasons that the three friends would have a tough time dividing $5 evenly among them; so he decides to tell them that the clerk made a mistake of only $3, giving a dollar back to each of the friends. He pockets the leftover $2 and goes home for the day! Now, each of the three friends gets a dollar back, thus they each paid $9 for the room which is a total of $27 for the night. We know the bellhop pocketed $2 and adding that to the $27, you get $29, not $30 which was originally spent. Where did the other dollar go????
phoenix
QUOTE (Ashbless @ May 16 2004, 04:20 PM)
Sorry Greeneyes, the answer is not skin.
Yes, it's a container tongue.gif please identify container.

<sigh> its a ring (geebus you are no fun tongue.gif)
phoenix
QUOTE (Alaric @ May 17 2004, 01:32 AM)
Three friends check into a motel for the night and the clerk tells them the bill is $30, payable in advance. So, they each pay the clerk $10 and go to their room. A few minutes later, the clerk realizes he has made an error and overcharged the trio by $5. He asks the bellhop to return $5 to the 3 friends who had just checked in. The bellhop sees this as an opportunity to make $2 as he reasons that the three friends would have a tough time dividing $5 evenly among them; so he decides to tell them that the clerk made a mistake of only $3, giving a dollar back to each of the friends. He pockets the leftover $2 and goes home for the day! Now, each of the three friends gets a dollar back, thus they each paid $9 for the room which is a total of $27 for the night. We know the bellhop pocketed $2 and adding that to the $27, you get $29, not $30 which was originally spent. Where did the other dollar go????

lol, if you take 5$ from 30$ dont you get 25$ laugh.gif? so if he gives 3$ back to the friends and pockets 2$.... you end up with 30$? bellhops these days tongue.gif
Ashbless
Phoenix is right. It's a container! biggrin.gif
It's a ring or a crown.
phoenix
QUOTE (Ashbless @ May 17 2004, 12:01 PM)
Phoenix is right. It's a container! biggrin.gif
It's a ring or a crown.

ooo, do i win something?
Kamaradi
Chris was on vacation in Saskatchewan (just because of the stereotype thread) when he happened upon an old high school chum. They gave each other a big hug, asked each other how they had been over the years, and talked about the good old days. Chris noticed his friend holding th hand of a little girl. "Aw, she's adorable!" commented Chris. "Thanks, I got married five years ago, but it's to someone you don't know," responded the friend. Chris bent over to talk to the little girl. "And what's your name, little girl?" he asked. "It's the same as my mommy's name," she replied. "Well then I bet your name is Susanna," responded Chris. Amazingly, he was correct.

How was Chris able to guess the little girls name without knowing his friend's spouse's name?
monkey_called_narth
his old chum was her mommy.
Lord of darness
well since there is no more riddles (I guess becouse the person above game my guess) green oyu guessed wrong it's not a hill

what's round as a cup,Tall as a house, and all the kings hourses cant draw it up.

hint hint the last part is probly the most improtant (becouse most people dont think of the secound one.)
phoenix
QUOTE (Lord of darness @ May 17 2004, 08:24 PM)
well since there is no more riddles (I guess becouse the person above game my guess) green oyu guessed wrong it's not a hill

what's round as a cup,Tall as a house, and all the kings hourses cant draw it up.

hint hint the last part is probly the most improtant (becouse most people dont think of the secound one.)

didnt you do this one awhile back ago wink.gifwink.gif

hehe i know the answer but im tired of answering them tongue.gif
Weary Traveler
a well?
phoenix
QUOTE (Weary Traveler @ May 18 2004, 09:43 AM)
a well?

yeep (i might as well say it tongue.gif)
{Gothic Angel}
1) 2, 5, 5, 4, 5

What is the next number and why?

2) 6, 7, 9, 8, 6

Again, what is the next number and why (different puzzle)
Kamaradi
There are so many ways to prove why numbers could work in either sequence.

1) could be 5, because from the given sequence there are two fives in a row separating an even number. After the given five could be another five, followed by a six. It could also be a five because after the two there are two fives, meaning after the four, there are four fives. I dunno.

2) Maybe... 7? In the given sequence, there is a seven after the six. It could be a repeating four number sequence... 6,7,9,8,6,7,9,8... to infinity.

In other words, I don't really know smile.gif
spiffilicious05
It could be 10
1) 2, 5, 5, 4, 5

my reasoning is that you doubled 2 and added one then subtracted it. Then you added one and the next thing you could do is double it. So then after you get ten you subtract 1 and get 9 then double that 18 and add one 19. -- Sry, I always look for mathematical laws.

OKay.

What is more abudant than air, more powerful than God, more Evil than the Devil, the poor have it, the ritch need it, and if you eat it you'll die?
kidvicious2punk
What is more abudant than air, more powerful than God, more Evil than the Devil, the poor have it, the ritch need it, and if you eat it you'll die?

NOTHING.

um...how can you stir a cup of cofee with your BARE finger without getting it wet?
mooooooooooopo
its blatently wrong, but fill the cup with coffee but no water tongue.gif
spiffilicious05
use your finger to hold a spoon, or don't stir your coffee at all. You don't stir plain coffee, and that's all you said we had was coffee. smile.gif
Atari
QUOTE (Alaric @ May 17 2004, 05:32 AM)

Soo... *gets pad and paper*

$30 / 3 = $10 per person

The actual cost was 25 dollars.. so $5 change to bellman.

Bellman pockets $2, and gives the $3 to each of the people.

err.... there is no missing money.

---

I think the stickyness is assuming what each person paid for their board.

They initally paid $10 each.
In reality, they paid $8.34. But the doorman took $2.

3 * 8.34 ~ $25

$25 for the room
3 in change given to the people
+ 2 pocketed
----------
$30
DarkInferno
an old times crossword clue that took me a while to work out...

HIJKLMNO
cover your finger in sellotape!! it would work!

How many letters was the crossword clue? Is it just Alphabet? huh.gif
DarkInferno
the answer was 5 letter long... and I had one letter... but that can be the next clue tongue.gif
Greeneyes
QUOTE (Lord of darness @ May 14 2004, 09:04 PM)
The person that answers it may ether choose to make another riddle or choose not to (but say if your not) and on top of that dont post a riddle unless you know your answer is right it makes things so freaken confusing.

Hate to be the one to spoil the fun, but i'm confused....
spiffilicious05
so was I right about the coffee? and I have no clue about the hijklmno thing
kidvicious2punk
QUOTE (moop @ May 18 2004, 06:37 PM)
its blatently wrong, but fill the cup with coffee but no water tongue.gif

blatantly right:-p
{Gothic Angel}
QUOTE (spiffilicious05 @ May 19 2004, 12:11 AM)
It could be 10

my reasoning is that you doubled 2 and added one then subtracted it.  Then you added one and the next thing you could do is double it.  So then after you get ten you subtract 1 and get 9 then double that 18 and add one 19.  -- Sry, I always look for mathematical laws.

Nope, sorry. How bout if i give you a hint and say that:

No number in sequence 1) can be greater than 7

In sequence 2 6<any term<9 (sorry, i cant get a "greater/less than or equal to sign, but they can be equal to)

1) 2, 5, 5, 4, 5

2) 6, 7, 9, 8, 6

Again, what is the next number and why (different puzzle)
Greeneyes
QUOTE (DarkInferno @ May 19 2004, 01:16 PM)
an old times crossword clue that took me a while to work out...

HIJKLMNO

Water
spiffilicious05
how do you get water?

its blatently wrong, but fill the cup with coffee but no water 

blatantly right:-p

and if you fill a coffee cup with coffee and stick your finger in it it will still get wet from the coffee.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.