Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Names
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft > Games
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Fred
Very simple. We come up with names (preferably recognised human names, if not u have to know someone called it) that we like and are nice. I'm into names they're fun. To add a cheery little theme, they have to begin with the last letter of the most recent name. so if i say Tim you have to say Mandy etc... It'd also be quite fun we add what it means on the occasions that we know.

I'll start us off, with my favourite name of all time. It's so pretty and on a guy find it damn sexy... don't ask me why...

THEO

(Means 'gift of god', in its long form Theodore)
jicama
Owyn- it's a celtic name that means "young fighter"
Fred
Neo.

means 'new'
Ashbless
Oda

it's a norwegian name. sorry, no idea what it means.

Edit:
Oda
An Irish form of the Danish Od, meaning "an otter." Also from the Greek, meaning "an ode, a melody." Also used as a patronymic form, meaning "son of Dale."
With many, many thanks to Raptor Red biggrin.gif
Aislinn Faye
Aislinn

Celtic for "Dream"
jicama
neri -means "my light"
Aislinn Faye
Isabelle

French for "concencrated to god."

This is a fun game tongue.gif
Raptor Red
Euphemia
Greek for Good speach or Well spoken.
gothictheysay
Yvonne

I think in Romanian it means Archer. I'll double-check.
Ashbless
Oy Gothic, you bad kid, shouldn't the next start with an A? biggrin.gif

So, need to find two names now that start with E and A and end with the same letter - how about:

Evan
Allan

Don't know about Evan but Allan means Harmony.

Edit:
Evan - A Welsh form of John. John is Hebrew for "God is gracious" Again a thankyou to Raptor Red, God of Naming Game. laugh.gif
{Gothic Angel}
Nathan

Love this name happy.gif have no clue what it means but my baby cousin is called Nathan, and hes the cutest happy.gif

Edit: I have been informed that its also the name of my bf's (fit) best mate. It gets better biggrin.gif
Raptor Red
QUOTE ({Gothic Angel} @ May 31 2004, 02:58 PM)
Nathan

Love this name happy.gif have no clue what it means but my baby cousin is called Nathan, and hes the cutest happy.gif

Edit: I have been informed that its also the name of my bf's (fit) best mate. It gets better biggrin.gif

Nathan is Hebrew for He Gave.

Nechama
Hebrew for "Comfort"
jicama
aiko - little love
Raptor Red
O'beda
A short form of Obedience. Latin for "Obey"
Ashbless
Ailish

It's a celtic version of Elizabeth. Sorry don't know the meaning but do know a real cutie by that name. She's all of two years old. smile.gif
{Gothic Angel}
Harmony

The version of the meaning of this name I've heard is "from the english for peace and tranquility" although i suspect it has other meanings.
gothictheysay
sorry I screwed up tongue.gif

you can insert my yvonne - archer here.
Raptor Red
Eolalande
from the greek eos meaning "dawn"
Aislinn Faye
Erin

Dun know the meaning.. but I think it's irish
jicama
naqib- means chief
Ashbless
Brian

I just like the name. Seems like a laid back, relaxed, fun to be with sort of name.

Edit:
Brian - Derived from the Celtic and Gaelic name Briareus, meaning "strong". Again I thank Raptor Red who kindly sent me the meanings. How'd he/she get so smart anyway? tongue.gif Thanks! biggrin.gif
Phyllis
QUOTE (Aislinn Faye @ Jun 1 2004, 05:48 PM)
Erin

Dun know the meaning.. but I think it's irish

It is Irish...and means hope. I have a friend named Erin.

Meanwhile...

Nathalia -- French version of Natalie (I think it's French, anyway), means born on Christmas.
vicrawr
Atticus

I dunno what it means, but it's cool!

Oh, I just looked it up and it's supposed to mean Father-like. Cos of the dad from TKaM?
Raptor Red
Sahara
Arabic for "Moon"
acid_rain_child
*Ahem*
Aiyana (eye-yan-a for those who think otherwise)

It means ever-lasting blossom, or forever flowering.
It's a beautiful name, or so everyone says happy.gif
Raptor Red
Azura
Persian for "sky blue"
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Aysha

Haven't a clue what it means.
Raptor Red
Avalon
French form of the Middle Latin name Avallonis, meaning Island
Ashbless
Nick

Other than Ol' St. Nick meaning Santa - I don't know the meaning of this name either. Should look these up before posting. tongue.gif
{Gothic Angel}
Kasumi - I think this is a made up name as I got it off a game lol. But its pretty. so ner.
Raptor Red
QUOTE (Ashbless @ Jun 5 2004, 02:41 PM)
Nick

Other than Ol' St. Nick meaning Santa - I don't know the meaning of this name either.  Should look these up before posting.  tongue.gif

Nick(Nickolas)
the Greek form of Nike meaning victory, and Laos, meaning the people, hence "victory for the people"

Inglath
from the brittish engylion meaning "angels"
Aislinn Faye
QUOTE ({Gothic Angel} @ Jun 5 2004, 08:47 PM)
Kasumi - I think this is a made up name as I got it off a game lol. But its pretty. so ner.

That name sounds so familiar, and I gotta know what game.. I know it's from a game.. I must know ohmy.gif If I don't I will never sleep!!

Oh yeah.. Autumn and it means.. err.. autumn.

EDIT

I'm stupid....I don't know my alphabet.
acid_rain_child
Naomi, means "above all, beauty" in Japanese and "pleasantness" otherwise
Dreams On Hiatus
Aidan

Dunno what it means - I'll have to look it up. But I love that name. biggrin.gif
{Gothic Angel}
QUOTE (Aislinn Faye @ Jun 6 2004, 10:22 PM)
That name sounds so familiar, and I gotta know what game.. I know it's from a game.. I must know ohmy.gif If I don't I will never sleep!!

Dead or Alive tongue.gif

Errr..... arent we supposed to be using the last letter of the previous name here? :S

Naiobe - Also made up from the matrix lol.
Raptor Red
Evangeline

from the Greek meaning "bearer of glad tidings, a messenger"
Greeneyes
Eve - as in, err, the day before something
kidvicious2punk
elvin...very hot drummer..
Raptor Red
Nokomis
an American Indian name meaning "Moon Daughter"
Ashbless
Sarah

Our own favorite little Goth Girl. biggrin.gif
Don't know the meaning of Sarah. huh.gif
gothictheysay
Sarah just happens to be my name, and it happens to mean "princess" happy.gif

Harriet, and I don't know. We should have the next person look it up and then toss out one for the next person to look up tongue.gif
Ashbless
Tamara

I don't know this one either. laugh.gif I'm fine with anyone who fills in the meanings later. I'm not sure of the meanings of a number of names I encounter daily. My first name means powerful and my last name means bear. Sort of amusing but only somewhat.
Raptor Red
Harriet is an old german name meaning "home ruler" and Tamara is a Hindu name meaning "a spice"

Arva
from the latin meaning "from the coast". Or from the Danish meaning "the eagle".
Alaric
Alaric - German- He who Rules
Raptor Red
Cassandra

Greek for "one whose warnings are ingnored" In Greek legend, the daughter of Priam and Hecuba, to whom apallo gave prophetic power in order to win her love, but later regretted having done so. First used in the thirteenth century.
Aislinn Faye
Adish

Persian for "fire"
Raptor Red
Holt
From the German "Holz", meaning "wood"
Ashbless
Thomas

Again with the not knowing. sad.gif Still, am learning a lot of neat names.
Raptor Red
Thomas- from the Hebrew and Aramaic t'ome, meaning "a twin". also, from the phonecian, meaning "sun god".

Sirius
From the Greek seirios, meaning "a scorcher," hence the name of the bightest star sirius the dog star in the constellation canis major.
Ashbless
Samantha

rolleyes.gif One of those names, like Valerie, that have jumped from boy's name to girl's name methinks. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.