Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One For The Girls
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2
markslut
How do you walk in stilletos without falling over. I've been given a pair for Rocky Horror/Other things and so far can't take more then two steps tongue.gif
phoenix
oh my... very very carefully. you almost have to tip toe in them.
LoLo
heal toe heal toe.
{Gothic Angel}
I dont. I snap the heels. Or break my ankle.

Im more of chunky heels girl- tho these are very nice biggrin.gif

Schuh
markslut
QUOTE (phoenix @ Jun 1 2004, 02:54 PM)

I know, I have so far managed to walk from my bedroom to the bathroom and back - Stairs are V hard

I'm not sure about the New rocks either - doesn't quite look right
phoenix
QUOTE (markslut @ Jun 1 2004, 11:59 AM)
QUOTE (phoenix @ Jun 1 2004, 02:54 PM)

I know, I have so far managed to walk from my bedroom to the bathroom and back - Stairs are V hard

I'm not sure about the New rocks either - doesn't quite look right

god i hate stilletos... although for rocky, its worth the pain
markslut
This is what I have

More pictures Availible on request
Mata
heal toe heal toe seems like a very silly idea to me in stillettos. The only time I wore heals I had no problem for the whole night, I just imagined I was walking on tiptoes and I did fine.
Righteous
See, it's reasons like this I advise my girlfriends and female friends to stick to shoes with no heals and soles no thicker than a quarter inch.
WeeJ
I can't. My ankle's all screwed up so I can't wear shoes that go past my ankle socket. Which sucks.
It looks so manly to be tramping around in trainers all the time. I used to love boots but now they really hurt to wear sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
phoenix
QUOTE (Righteous @ Jun 1 2004, 02:58 PM)
See, it's reasons like this I advise my girlfriends and female friends to stick to shoes with no heals and soles no thicker than a quarter inch.

bah, heels are fun! they make me like nine feet tall! (well not quite, but i feel like i am) i never had the problem walking in heels, i can even run in them. even though i hate being tall, its fun wearing high shoes.
Ashbless
I agree with very, very carefully. Practice for a bit before you try it for a whole evening.
I had a gorgeous pair that added 4 inches to my height easy, rolleyes.gif , unfortunately I've since screwed my knee and now can't wear heels at all. sad.gif
Spacehappy
QUOTE (markslut @ Jun 1 2004, 06:50 PM)

They got a stable base to them, personally it's about balance, if you practice the balance you should do fine.

Tiptoe (ing) is not a good idea as your feet will hurt like hell the next day, (not to mention looking stupid) if a guy is going to wear heels then we need to do it better than a woman. Try up and down the stairs sideways, will help you balance and get used to the ackwardness of them.

(noone ask, why i ever wore heels before!). wink.gif
ravein
I suggest finding a drag queen forum... I personally cant do it to save my arse.. I look like a elephant on roller skates..
Spacehappy
QUOTE (ravein @ Jun 1 2004, 08:03 PM)
I personally cant do it to save my arse.. I look like a elephant on roller skates..

I want to see both of those things smile.gif
Twitching
yeah, balance is definitely key. and always bring other shoes, because if you wear heels all night, you'll be driven utterly mad. I always try to plant as much of my foot as possible on the ground, and it generally helps if you walk like you don't think you're about to fall over and break your neck. tongue.gif Kind of an "I think I can" thing.

But I'd never try to run, or walk on inclined surfaces, in stilettos.
markslut
I am very aware of the perils of slopes and cobbles from my Big Platforms
gothictheysay
It's spelled "heels"

/grammar nazi

you just have to get used to them, don't rush yourself though.
Twitching
I've been known to run in heels. laugh.gif As long as they're chunky and not over three inches, I'm usually okay, and I can get a fair turn of speed.

But I'm stupid like that...

I've also been known to fall in hidden gopher holes in heels too.

/spam ph34r.gif
phoenix
meh, i run in heels, platforms, whatever. it was a learned skill.
Silver Star Angel of Da Towers
I've never even worn them things. I tried on a pair of my mom's once, and almost fell.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
I just can't do heels. I go arse over tit every_single_time. rolleyes.gif

Apart from which, everything I own looks good with New Rocks or DMs, so I have no need for them.
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Spacehappy @ Jun 1 2004, 08:56 PM)
if a guy is going to wear heels then we need to do it better than a woman.

(noone ask, why i ever wore heels before!). wink.gif

as eddie izzard once said, if a woman falls over wearing heels it's embaressing, if a man falls over wearing heels you have to kill yourself!

what you wear heels for pete?
I have NO experience in this feel...damn my big feet mad.gif tongue.gif
Raptor Red
QUOTE ({Gothic Angel} @ Jun 1 2004, 10:06 AM)
I dont. I snap the heels. Or break my ankle.

Im more of chunky heels girl- tho these are very nice biggrin.gif

Schuh

YEAH! GO YOU!
I'm the same way. I would more probobly break my ankle though. I'm a clutz. Just today I went to the beach got a piece of pizza, tripped, and dropped it in the mud. FUN!
Fallen Element
walking in heels is bad enough...but try walking in heels, whilst on stage, and you have been threatened with death if you make a clakkity noise on the wooden stage...torture!

but i managed...

each scene i wasn't on stage though i did fall down the stairs...

just go with the confidence thing! think therefore you can!!

Fal xXx
LoLo
QUOTE (Mata @ Jun 1 2004, 10:53 AM)
heal toe heal toe seems like a very silly idea to me in stillettos. The only time I wore heals I had no problem for the whole night, I just imagined I was walking on tiptoes and I did fine.

That's the only way I survived walking to get my high school diploma since I had never worn a pair of heels before in my life. Put the heel down first then the toe then move to the next step.
TigerLily013
You know, the only time I wore REAL heels was for my sister's wedding, and after that night I could not stand them. It was not due to the fact of balance probs, I actually did well with balance, just comfort was my problem.

With heels like that, they look to be a nightmare going up and down stairs. Just do the best you can and if all else fails, get a form of thick heeled hooker boots lol.
{Gothic Angel}
I can run in heels (tho running is my sport anyway), but I've never really worn stillettos so I wouldn't know. I would say though that wearing boots or heels or whatever makes *me* feel SO much more sexy/feminine than flat shoes.
markslut
It works for guys too according to Tony from siegue siegue sputnik (sp)
Phyllis
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Jun 1 2004, 02:02 PM)
I have NO experience in this feel...damn my big feet mad.gif tongue.gif

You wear a size 13 UK shoe, yes? That means you wear a size 15 in women's shoes in the US.

All Heels for Men -- up to size 17 US. tongue.gif

Seeee? You could experience it! laugh.gif

Meanwhile, I don't know how to explain how to walk in heels. I've been doing so since I was a kid and I put on my mom's heels and walked around the house. I'd suggest trying to walk around your house in rooms that have hard floors first -- it's MUCH easier to walk on than carpet or squishy surfaces like grass. Hold onto the counter or something to steady yourself, and concentrate on your balance. And of course, wear them for at least a day around your house to break them in and get used to walking in them on different surfaces before you wear them out, or your feet will hate you.
monkey_called_narth
QUOTE (candice @ Jun 2 2004, 11:40 AM)
You wear a size 13 UK shoe, yes? That means you wear a size 15 in women's shoes in the US.

actually that isnt uk - us... thats guy - girl (i wear guy shoes) and thats why you add the two.... if you still add the for the uk - us diffrence that would be a size 17 blink.gif
Phyllis
QUOTE (monkey_called_narth @ Jun 2 2004, 11:11 AM)
actually that isnt uk - us... thats guy - girl (i wear guy shoes) and thats why you add the two.... if you still add the for the uk - us diffrence that would be a size 17 blink.gif

No. Click here for a size chart.

A 13 UK is a 13 Mens US, and a 15 Womens US.
Mazling
Girls rule. biggrin.gif
monkey_called_narth
QUOTE (candice @ Jun 3 2004, 07:01 PM)
QUOTE (monkey_called_narth @ Jun 2 2004, 11:11 AM)

No. Click here for a size chart.

A 13 UK is a 13 Mens US, and a 15 Womens US.

oh ok... sorry bout that then... i think i confused myself... sorry agin...
markslut
I must be a masochist

I just bought andother pair of heels this time they are 7.5"
Twitching
maybe you're just nuts laugh.gif

/spam

But I won't wear anything over three inches. No wait, I've just never found a pair of heels over three inches that I liked enough to buy.
WeeJ
Bugger you all and your ability to wear shoes above your ankle mad.gif
Dreams On Hiatus
I hatehatehate wearing stilettoes with a passion. The only thing I can say is to be careful and don't walk funny. (woohoo for good advice! dry.gif )
Spacehappy
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Jun 7 2004, 08:07 PM)

Hehehehe i can wear Heels better than Weej smile.gif
markslut
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Jun 7 2004, 08:07 PM)

do you mean boots?
Pab
I heard that the pressure under the heel of an average woman standing in stillettos is equivalent to that of 3 elephants standing on eachothers shoulders, with the bottom one standing on one foot blink.gif
gothictheysay
I heard that the pressure under the heel of an average woman standing in stillettos is equivalent to that of 3 elephants standing on eachothers shoulders, with the bottom one standing on one foot

I wonder why I haven't broken any toes yet by stepping on people unsure.gif that's probably because I hardly ever wear stilettos, just heels. Elephants? blink.gif
Snugglebum the Destroyer
I heard that the pressure under the heel of an average woman standing in stillettos is equivalent to that of 3 elephants standing on eachothers shoulders, with the bottom one standing on one foot 

Yeah - apparently wearing heels for extended periods of time and very frequently can do all sorts of damage to your spine (impacting vetebrae and stuff like that).
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Pab @ Jun 8 2004, 07:39 PM)
I heard that the pressure under the heel of an average woman standing in stillettos is equivalent to that of 3 elephants standing on eachothers shoulders, with the bottom one standing on one foot blink.gif

Say that to a woman were I come from and they ask "you saying i'm fat?"
Mr Fuzzy
Then they'll tread on you, causing massive organ damage. I'm suprised stiletto heels haven't been outlawed under the Geneva Convention. ph34r.gif
Jaq
Walking up stairs in heels isn't too hard if you remember only to contact the stair with your toes and balls of your feet and let your heels hang off the edge of the stair. That's how most women walk up stairs wearing heels... or at least that's how I do it and that's how I've seen other women do it.

I do the same thing as Mata, I imagine I'm walking on my tiptoes, or at least I put more weight on the balls of my feet than my heels. The balance comes with practice and for the first few minutes or days tongue.gif... you have to think quite hard about keeping your balance...
MistressAlti
Can't wear heels like that for too long, as I've a very weak right knee.

But I have to say, I don't know why anyone would wear stillettos over 4 inches tall... It looks so unnatural that I can't even see the attractiveness of it. So awkward and painful.
gothictheysay
The only trouble I have with balance is when I start to play around and lean on the heels or wriggle around my heels. So keep your heels steady. ^~
markslut
I took a picture of new boots for the Late X Ball

{Gothic Angel}
I want those boots.

Incidentally, your av is scary tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.