Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Handicapped
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
Mazling
Hey... As anyone TRIED to get a handicap-licence? My cousin is constantly annoying me, to go with him to see if we can get a licence...... I think it will be fun biggrin.gif Anways I was wondering if anyone has tried to get a licence, and if so some tips or hints..... Evil us.
CommieBastard
No, but a girl I know enters athletics competitions for the disabled, pretending to be deaf, and always wins.
Righteous
Before I smashed my last car, I had a handicapped parking deal-thing that hung from the rearview mirror. I used to use it occasionally when I knew I could get away with it. I had a plan and everything. I'd say I was partially blind in one eye and partially deaf in one ear. Mostly I'd use it when covertly sneaking Aislinn out of school, as I would park in the handicapped spots and wait for her.
Phyllis
Wow. The sensitivity of some people just astounds me. dry.gif
CommieBastard
If you were disabled, would you want people being sensitive about it?
Phyllis
Not in the way you're thinking...that's not what I meant.

What I did mean was...I would be incredibly angry if, for instance, I needed a handicapped parking space because I had a chair lift in my van or something, which needs that little area next to handicapped spaces in order to get down (or, if I had heart troubles and couldn't walk to far, etc) and some person who didn't need such things was parked there instead. If you're healthy, then it's just ridiculous to park in a handicapped space. There's nothing anyone can say to excuse that.
Mazling
Hm....... I still think that getting a handi-cap licence would be fun..... I mean.... If you could park like anywhere you wanted... that would be cool! Also I would get to skip these really annoying long lines in this theme park thingy near me....
Gotta take over the forum today....
Phyllis
Yeah, and then some old man with heart trouble has to park in a spot really far away from the mall just so you can park where you want.

Nice priorities there.
Mazling
Very nice indeed. Anyways I would like you all to look at the section part where it says "last post info" I'm gonna try and keep it that way untill im forced away from my loving computer.... And where we live theres lots of empty handi-cap parking so I think I should just help fill them in..
gothictheysay
When we went to Disney World, we got ahead in lines all the time. But we weren't ecstatic about it. It was either me or my mother in the wheelchair - my mother usually weak from her last chemotherapy treatment, and me getting recurring terrible pains in my legs from lyme disease that had come and gone and still managed to strike my legs immobile.

*shrug* if they give you one, you probably deserve it...I'm sure it's not a good thing to pretend to be handicapped. I could never do that. Then again I don't think handicapped parking spaces are in any short supply.

But I think I would have rather waited in those lines than suffer that aching leg pain. dry.gif
Phyllis
Depends on where you are. Here, handicapped spaces are definitely in short supply. There aren't enough for the handicapped people in this town, much less any idiots who decide to try and fake being handicapped just to get a good parking space.
TigerLily013
Perhaps it's just me but this person who posted this topic seems a bit...careless and just wants their post count up.

To you I say:

POSTCOUNT +1!!!!111!@!!ONEONE

Seriously, get a hobby or something.
gothictheysay
Aw, I'll admit it. Occasionally if we're running into the cleaners for five minutes we may park in a handicapped space. Not a good habit to get into at all, but it happens quite rarely.

Can I volunteer to paint the signs on the spaces in your city, cand? I adore those little symbols - they look so cool.
Mazling
Acutally (im the one who started it) i pretty much am doing a count up, for the fact that I can't get around and move today.... due to serious injuries to the back, chest, throat, and jaw..... So i was bored and got careless.... We all make mistakes.
Cthulhu
As someone who is legitimatly handicapped (Yeah, I use a chair) it pisses me the f'ck off when I see some jerkoff parked in a handicapped spot who is obviously NOT handicapped and I have to park far from the entrance.

If you want a handicapped license, I have a suggestion, go jump off a F'n building and get paralized from the waist down... Or maybe go stand in front of a train or something. Jerk.
Mata
Relax. Other people have already demonstrated that it's possible to say the same thing that you have without being so agressive.
talking to faeries
It's bad enough people parking in handicapped parking spaces without the licence, but to actually go out and get a licence even though you're not handicapped is awful. My mother used to work in social services before she became ill and she would have to issue the licences to people, you'd have to go through a number of tests if you were to get one, but what you're suggesting is extremely selfish, don't you get it that there are people out there who rely on having these licences and then there are people like you who are taking advantage of the situation that they are in.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Anything that I wanted to add has pretty much been covered by everyone else by the looks of it.

Bottom line, Mazling - what you're suggesting isn't even funny. It's in extremely poor taste and I'd be ashamed of myself if I were you.
Mazling
Well.. First off if you know my cousin and I, we do, indeed, have troubles. I'm just not sure if it's big enough to get a licence, but at some points in time people have thought we're handi-capped..... For example we were goofing around in a store once, and the manager came by and asked us if we would go to the "handi-cap" section of the store, where we could get aid........ I agree it's mean but it might turn out I am handi-capped....... Probally not though
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Technically, my brother IS handicapped. However, he doesn't feel that it warrants him getting special treatment.

You're so off hand about it Mazling. I agree that you may well be handicapped, just not in the way that you think... mad.gif
Mazling
Hm...... Arguement arguement over a handi-cap licence.....
Pab
QUOTE (Mazling @ Jun 4 2004, 06:33 PM)
Hm...... Arguement arguement over a handi-cap licence.....

nah ... its just how people get when confronted with very uncivic behaviour ... A good thing too ... Respecting handicapped parking spaces isn't about being sensitive to the plight of the handicapped ... its looking after the workings of our own world, and on a local scale, too. With your off-handed abuse of that system, you make most people who read it think you're the one who pisses in the lift, breaks phone-booths and draws very poor representations of penii on works of art ... Normal stuff, the reaction you get ... you almost got a lynch mob together too ...
Mazling
Hm..... I've never done any of that stuff..... I just think I might need to help fill up the handi-cap parking..... Where ever I go there's normally only 1 or 2 handi-cap parking spots full, when there's like.... 12 of them. I hate seeing them empty cause I can never park there.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Hmm - according to your info you're only 14, so you're not even driving yet. So it seems to me you're just being a wind - up merchant.
Mazling
I'm not SUPPOSE to be driving yet..... Never said I was following that.
Righteous
For Christ's sake, leave the kid alone. So what if he came up with a dumb idea? He'll outgrow it soon enough.

The only reason I had the handicapped mirror decal was because the woman who owned my car before me died leaving it in the glove box and I'd use it for about half an hour every month or so to help Aislinn skip school for the day. I don't see it as that bad to sit in a parking space for fifteen minutes hiding in wait for a friend to come and meet up with you.
Pab
tut tut tut, Righteous ... when somebody is uncivic in their behaviour, God puts a new roundabout somewhere in Great Britain ... and you KNOW us brits cant handle any more roundabouts ...
Mazling
Roundabout's sound fun..... I can't wait to try them this summer!
Snugglebum the Destroyer
For Christ's sake, leave the kid alone. So what if he came up with a dumb idea? He'll outgrow it soon enough.

That will be a great comfort to my Nan when she has to walk for 3 minutes from her car to the shopping centre, with two hip replacements because someone thought it would be funny to get a licence, that they are NOT entitled to and then took up all the spaces.

Apart from which, the amount of time that the the council will waste dealing with a duff application could be holding up an application from someone who really needs it.
Mazling
Snuggle, as much as you think I'm making your aunt walk 3 minutes, I'm not. Cause everywhere in this stupid place has like..... 14 handi-cap spots, and I rarely see cars in them.

If your granny is in the same place as moi she'll be fine and I'm not gonna go to other places and use the licence, just around where I live.
Righteous
QUOTE (Pab @ Jun 4 2004, 01:56 PM)
tut tut tut, Righteous ... when somebody is uncivic in their behaviour, God puts a new roundabout somewhere in Great Britain ... and you KNOW us brits cant handle any more roundabouts ...

Apparently God's spreading his vengence toward the uncivic to the island I live on. Everytime I turn around there's another one of those damn things.

And Maz, they aren't fun. They're dangerous as all get out and annoying as hell.
Mazling
I still wanna try them. I've heard plenty about them being dangerous and such but I think we should install them EVERYWHERE!!!..... That would be cool....
Righteous
Pab, do you want to ressurect the "Islands" thread in daft to continue this discussion or should I?
Mazling
Pab isn't on?
Mazling
Pab isn't on..... And what this "Island" thingy?
Greeneyes
QUOTE (Mazling @ Jun 4 2004, 07:28 PM)
Pab isn't on..... And what this "Island" thingy?

There is a thread, in Daft i think, about those 'island' things they put in roads to slow traffic down. It contained a discussion similar to the way this is going i think. I didn't really read much of it.
Mazling
Ooooo makes sense...... I hate those, but their fun to drive over.
Greeneyes
QUOTE (Mazling @ Jun 4 2004, 08:45 PM)
Ooooo makes sense...... I hate those, but their fun to drive over.

You drive over islands??!!. This person is obviously insane.

Edit: i just got a horrible feeling i'm thinking of the wrong thing...

Edit: Yep. Thinking of completely the wrong thing. Sorry about that unsure.gif
Mazling
Their fun to drive over. With a big surburban, and a cop detector I have lots of fun on the weekends..... (Don't come where I live, you might die....)
Pab
The islands thread is HERE and does say a thing or 2 about islands ...

... but this thread should go back on topic, and if I'm not very much mistaken, we were all pointing at Mazling, underlining how crappy that behaviour would be, and implying that he might not speak only in truths ...

*me points at Mazling*

Thats pretty crappy behaviour, there maz ... Are you sure you're being totally honest in your posts?
ravein
stop being lazy and walk, everyone else has to...and so do you...this is just silly..
Silver Star Angel of Da Towers
I've never pretended. However, I did an acticvity to see what it's like to be blind, or have trouble walking. It sucks. It really does. That's why I do the best I can to help handicapped people, not try to pretend I am.
Fallen Element
i agree with Silver and ravein! if someone is handicapped we should try to help them...not emulate their disbailities!! and on raveins idea...walking rocks! it helps you to keep fit! down with cars and pretended handicaps!

Rawr!

Fal xXx
Mazling
I agree entirely on the walking, and such, and im being 100% truthful. I would love to walk and such, and my joy of reckless behavior as come to a stop thanks to a accident in the gym....So...... As of right now I am handi-capped.
Mazling
Hey.... As anyone else thought that maybe the "islands" that we're talking about our different..... Cause it seems to me that you don't belive me abou the "islands" but where I live a "Island" is a little thingy in the middle of the road, thats a several feet wide, and not even 1 foot high......
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (ravein @ Jun 4 2004, 09:59 PM)
stop being lazy and walk, everyone else has to...and so do you...this is just silly..

good point, so you have to walk a little further from where you parked your car, so what? thats what you have legs for right? unless i missed a page in the instruction manual thats all they're for. Personally I walk or use public transport....for the most part at least, gives me time to think. smile.gif
TigerLily013
Walking certainly is nice, buiilds strong legs and sometimes interest thigns can happen during your walk, like finding money on the ground or seeing someone you haven't seen for a while.

So in conclusion: stop going around in circles; taking someone else's point then going back to your original point. It's irritating.

Also, hurting yourself at a gym, that doesn't make you a handicapped person, it makes you someone-who-got-injured-at-the-gym.

*gets the bug spray out*

Do I need to use this? HUH?! DO I?!?!? tongue.gif
Ocean!
Woah. Settle! Hah. Anyways, I agree, just leave the kid alone. Everyone does stupid things, or thinks about it. He/she is just trying to fit in here and be *cool*, and made a mistake and oh well, I think they realise that you guys don't like it right now. When people show off you guys are just giving them the attention they want. (wow, so am I)

Just my opinion.

XD
TigerLily013
QUOTE (Ocean! @ Jun 5 2004, 12:38 AM)
Woah. Settle! Hah. Anyways, I agree, just leave the kid alone. Everyone does stupid things, or thinks about it. He/she is just trying to fit in here and be *cool*, and made a mistake and oh well, I think they realise that you guys don't like it right now. When people show off you guys are just giving them the attention they want. (wow, so am I)

Just my opinion.

XD

If it wanted the attention, then it would not agree with the post above them then go back to their post. They also would have forum troll characteristics such as insulting others, and making fun of the admin (what I have observed on OCR).

They are just some n00b who is either incredably naive with a short attention span who goes on to another topic too quickly, and spams like a motherf*cker...OR he's just a little new to forums.

Either way, when the kid behaves a bit, I'll give he/she an easier time. I'm sure others will do the same.

Anyways, let the derailments begin! HUZZAH!
Mazling
I think that being injured at the gym, to a point of not really being able to move is considered handi-capped.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.