Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rare Names
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2
Mazling
Hey...... Just like, list a name that you think is rare (so we can argue over it ohmy.gif ) then list where you heard it/saw it!

Crew/My name
Kamadra/My neighbor's name
Juliost/Some kid in my school
Caged/One of my cousin's name
Blanchard/A name of some kids....

That's all I can think of right now....
Kamaradi
Modest (as in Mussorgsky)
Righteous
Here are some names I'd like to give my kids. The bracketed names are middle names I'd put with them:

Sakura (girl)
Orchid (girl)
Lotus (girl)
Pink [Floyd] (boy)
Righteous (boy)
Saint (boy)
Nova (girl)
Wolf (boy)

Jules [Winnfield]
Vincent [Vega]
I know these two aren't odd, but they're the names of the two protagonists from Pulp Fiction.
McKillem
Caleb (boy)
Sanjuro (boy)

tongue.gif i play 2 much pc games tongue.gif
Tigersong
The joke among my friends is that I'm going to name my son Seomsh Macathmahaoil (he composed some Irish ditty I sang back when) and the girl Helga-Olga. Or Bobina.

Ah! Music to my ears!
Kamaradi
Oh, and Stone (as in Phillips)
Mazling
Another one for the list

Lamb/Dude's name

Da da..
Phyllis
Yajaira. It's a girl's name...pronounced Yuh-high-rah. I can't say that I *like* it, however. It's the name of one of my former bosses and one of my husband's ex gfs (not the same woman, though).
gothictheysay
I hear Caleb enough.

Caged

How is that pronounced? huh.gif
Mazling
Caged, He pronounced it as if it was just cage past tense...... So that's how I would...... Just Caged....
Dolty McDaft
Have you heard any new ones lately; things that you know their parents just made up cause they didn't want anyone to be able to pronounce it? Like Laquifa or Shakira or Deshonae. Or it was a common name, and they just found the most rediculous way of spelling it. (I once knew someone named Brijel. Pronounced Bri-gel. Someone must have been drunk when they made that one up. . . .
emiliza
Emiliza <- My name

I have a ton of other friends who have unique names.. but I dunno if they'd allow me to post them =/
antagony
Um... well, I always tell people that if I had a daughter I'd name her Antigone and if I had a son I'd name him Cyanide. I'm not sure why, but those sound like cool names to me.
Tigersong
I have two friends named Sarri and Jaryn... names that I really like.

I recently heard of a girl who was born Essence Tigris Insert-Last-Name-Here. Poor girl. It's a very pretty name, but you can bet that when she grows up, her nickname is going to be Smelly Pussy... tongue.gif
Sarah the Spider
Apple is a very cute/unusual name for a person. It's the name of a doll I bought in Germany when I was four, and apparently some actress has a baby named that too? *shrug*

Oh well, other strange names:

Micoa - little boy I signed up at the library.
Kyierra - it's just the name "Kira" on steroids. Another library kid.
Honest - a ninth grader's name, some friend of a a friend.
Izzy - X-Files. The Great Mutato episode.
Fox - Hey, if we're talking about X-Files...
Priya - my friend's name. Beautiful name, and I've never met another one.
Holden - I <3 Catcher In The Rye. Anyone ever met a Holden? o_0
Greeneyes
QUOTE (Sarah the Spider @ Jun 5 2004, 07:46 AM)
Apple is a very cute/unusual name for a person. It's the name of a doll I bought in Germany when I was four, and apparently some actress has a baby named that too? *shrug*

I think i saw something somewhere about a woman called Lemon
Snugglebum the Destroyer
If I had had a daughter instead of a son I would have called her Kage.

As it is my sons name is Kai Tobias which I think has a wonderful ring to it.
Righteous
Apple is a very cute/unusual name for a person.

I know a cat named Apple Joe who has two brothers named Pepci and Taco. Their mom's name is Pepper and they have an uncle named Dentine. Swear to God.
gothictheysay
Priya

I like that one; I've heard it to.

I don't like Apple. It's a fruit. It doesn't sound nice; it just sounds ridiculous.

I like Hope and Grace. Grace is a seventh grader at my old school (I graduated tongue.gif) who did a killer impression of Smeagol, and Hope is my cousin's name.
{Gothic Angel}
I do an impression of Smeagol! (Tho to my knowledge, its never killed anyone blink.gif )

How bout Anwen- welsh based name meaning Fair or Pure, my ickle sisters name.

Or Kerrith, my best m8s big bro
Or Iona, my mate

I know a girl called Rohan too rolleyes.gif too many gamers in the family.
Aislinn Faye
I like the name Aislinn.. and I have never met anyone with that name.. except that dude from the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe. So.. yeah. ^.^ When I have a daughter he name's gonna be Aislinn Faye Lewis. Plus it's my little pen name. Yeah, I know, I'm a little obsessed.
FurryMammal
My name's Finn, which is pretty unusual... Also, my brother's named Rory, and you don't find too many of them around either.
Righteous
I'm a big fan of Japanese names. I want to give my kids names that no one has. It annoys me when I have to specify people who have the same names.
artist.unknown
I've known people seriously named (first and last name):
Special Love
Secret Love
Misty Pool
Ophelia Butt (now that's just cruel)
I also had a great uncle named Franz Franz.
My mum knew a girl named Female, pronouned Feh-mal-ae. Her parents didn't speak English and thought the nice people at the hospital had kindly written down a name for them on her certificate, when all it was was an something to put on her until the parents told them her name. Which they didn't due to the mix-up. Poor Female...

My mate Maddie wants to have a daughter and name her Lucifer...Lucy for short. Hehe.
spiffilicious05
I'm a big fan of Japanese names. I want to give my kids names that no one has. It annoys me when I have to specify people who have the same names.

me too laugh.gif it's nice being the only Katrina in the class. -- although it's becoming a more and more common name dry.gif

My mom knows a man named Peter Dyck. blink.gif (pernounced dick)

I've always liked the name Vawn for a boy and Sakura for a girl. I like Raelynn too.
Patient #212
All days of the week.

And I know someone who named her daughter English.
DoRmAnt
QUOTE (gothictheysay @ Jun 5 2004, 05:01 PM)
I don't like Apple. It's a fruit. It doesn't sound nice; it just sounds ridiculous.

Gwenyth Paltrow named her daughter Apple.

my neighbor's name is Poppy, she has twin girls named, Ivory and Snow, but with a last name as common as Smith ...i don't blame her.

I like Chi (pronounced Kye).
gothictheysay
Oh, I love Poppy. Really, I don't know why, but it sounds so cute smile.gif
Mazling
I've been trying to find some great names...... and I've found a few that are wierd and maybe rare.....

Olympus/Cello teacher's sister
Upgrade/ A kid that I met once on a cruise
Rainier/The name of a little daughter of one of my mom's friends....
artist.unknown
My best chum's brother is named Osric (pronounced Oz-rick). The worst part? He's Osric Alden Rowe...OAR...Rowe. Poor kid's going to get tortured from all sides in school.
The.Wheezing.Ghost
My Cousin named her baby boy Aris, after Aristotle, the philosipher. I think it sounds kind of girly to be a boys name, but it's an awesome name nonetheless.
Righteous
QUOTE (spiffilicious05 @ Jun 6 2004, 10:09 PM)
I've always liked the name Vawn for a boy and Sakura for a girl.

I got Sakura from you and it's spelled Vauhn

There's a columnest I often read names Cat Farmer. I also know a dude named Kirsten...I don't know what their parents were on...but I want some. laugh.gif
Phyllis
Actually, it's spelled Vaughn. But people do variations of names all the time when it comes to spelling. I grew up with a kid named Vaughn. Never really cared for the name myself, even though the kid and I were good friends.

Anyway, I read in a baby book once about this family whose last name was Barebones. Their first child was named something like...Christ-died-for-thee-so-thou-wouldst-not-be-damned Barebones...called Damned Barebones for short. I can't remember what the second kid was named at the moment...but it'll come to me.
Greeneyes
That reminds me of One-man-bucket from Discworld, who's called One-man-pouring-a-bucket-of-water-over-two-dogs really, and his brother, Two-dogs-........ahem. Yes.
spiffilicious05
and it's spelled Vauhn

not necessarily, my aunt dated a man named Vawn. V a w n. smile.gif
Fallen Element
i like the name Aric...read it in a book somewhere and stole it as my own pen name...smile.gif

i also like Dante, Ember and Iona

My dads middle name is Philp, which i like

Fal xXx
gothictheysay
Tairyn is the name of my new housekeeper smile.gif
Righteous
Yeah, I noticed I missed the "g" but was too much of a bum to change it. Sue me.

The lead singer of the band dope is named, swear to God, Edsel Dope. His brother's in Dope too, but I don't remember his name. dry.gif

Ollie, Bankey, Holden and Brodie are cool names, too.

Some Biblical names are cool, like Isaac, Job, Rachel, Jeremaiah, Gabriel(le), Michael, Jude, Ruth, Matthew, Timothy, Isaiah, Malachi and James. Both my sisters have Biblical names and so do I.
Sir Psycho Sexy
some people are so so cruel...though if all the kids have stupid names....then they can't take the piss outta each other
Tigersong
QUOTE (The.Wheezing.Ghost @ Jun 8 2004, 10:59 PM)
My Cousin named her baby boy Aris, after Aristotle, the philosipher. I think it sounds kind of girly to be a boys name, but it's an awesome name nonetheless.

I can't hear that name without thinking Eris, Goddess of Discord... ah well.

Reminds me of two boys I went to school with briefly. Apollo and Achilles, obviously after the Greek mythological figures.

But I think we're all missing one of the more unusual names around...

Mata Haggis! (sorry Mata if I misspelled it.)
the lil' pie fairy
QUOTE (Mazling @ Jun 9 2004, 01:19 AM)
Olympus/Cello teacher's sister

you play cello as well?!
sad.gif
and i bet you're all better than me. damn you all *shakes fist sadly*

hippy names are the best ever. like moonbeam, daisy and bay. lovely people normally, which is nice smile.gif
Gothymothy girl
Girl names:
read Dolty's post. I agree.
Stormi
Boy names:
NOT CREWE thats a cool name
Haffel
Normin
Silver Star Angel of Da Towers
QUOTE (artist.unknown @ Jun 6 2004, 07:58 PM)
I've known people seriously named (first and last name):
Special Love
Secret Love
Misty Pool
Ophelia Butt (now that's just cruel)
I also had a great uncle named Franz Franz.
My mum knew a girl named Female, pronouned Feh-mal-ae. Her parents didn't speak English and thought the nice people at the hospital had kindly written down a name for them on her certificate, when all it was was an something to put on her until the parents told them her name. Which they didn't due to the mix-up. Poor Female...

My mate Maddie wants to have a daughter and name her Lucifer...Lucy for short. Hehe.

Ophelia Butt? Poor child!!!
Alaric
i know a Briston, Meleah, Teleah, Mackenzie, Jocelyn... all girls..
Mutilation
Go with Garfunkal (or however it's spelled)
Greeneyes
What about Rodriguez? That's a classy name.
kidvicious2punk
Kasia...(pronounced Asia with a K at the front)

and..wynesha(SP?!?!)

um...those are about all i know of...

Seth...dunno anyone by that name..but its kewl biggrin.gif
nordelen
there is this name that i have always wondered about (not sure of the spelling):
Kevenna (said as kev-ee-na). were thish childs parents hoping for a boy or what?
Patient #212
I met someone this weekend named Wrion. Pronounced exactly like "Ryan".
Righteous
My brother talked about naming his kids Orion and Guy.

While on holiday in Mexico, I met this Thai chick named Gift. She told me "Gift" is just a random nickname in where she's from, like Bubba or something. I told her I'd keep her name in mind while naming my kids.

I don't want to give my kids names that other kids have or curse them with a name like my brother's bass player's, Bob Raper.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.