Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tattoo!
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Creations
Pages: 1, 2
Pixelgoth
So you've all waited ages for this......well......Mata's waited ages for this so here is my tattoo, as designed by MATA (and tweaked by me and the nice tattoo lady)!!!! laugh.gif It's on the top of my back between my shoulder blades and I had it done in San Francisco (as Mata's friend's recommendation) at a place called Sacred Rose Tattoo

Drum roll please.....................

Ta da!! biggrin.gif

Mata
Hurrah! Thanks for showing me! Looks good smile.gif
Mutilation
Where is it? You can't really tell much from the picture.

And you got a tattoo without the words KING KONG PALM! on it? Dun Dun Dunnnnn!!!
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Mutilation @ Jun 15 2004, 01:41 PM)

And you got a tattoo without the words KING KONG PALM! on it? Dun Dun Dunnnnn!!!

Well if you took time to read my blurb you'd know it was on my back between my shoulder blades rolleyes.gif

WHHHAAAAAAA??? to the King Kong comment?????? ohmy.gif
Forever Unknown
!!!

So prettiful!
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Forever Unknown @ Jun 15 2004, 01:46 PM)
!!!

So prettiful!

Ta! smile.gif I think so too smile.gif
#tay
Sweet. That's such an awesome design, and original. And thank goodness you didn't get something like a rose or a butterfly... I mean, those are nice, but everybody has them...

:thinking of getting a tatoo of a peace symbol somewhere:
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (#tay @ Jun 15 2004, 03:17 PM)
Sweet. That's such an awesome design, and original. And thank goodness you didn't get something like a rose or a butterfly... I mean, those are nice, but everybody has them...

:thinking of getting a tatoo of a peace symbol somewhere:

Thank you smile.gif

I think a tattoo should definitely be something individual that is special to you as you've got it for life. I was born in the year of the Fire Dragon (1976) and I've always loved them. My Gran (who died in Jan 2003) was also a Fire Dragon (1914) and I decided to get it to remember her. She used to make comments all the time about how we were alike smile.gif She also paid for it as the money left to me in her will went towards my trip to San Francisco were I got it done.

I also have a heartagram on my lower back. This has nothing really to do with the band HIM. It is because my middle name is Charity (which means love) and I'm a pagan so, to me, it's a symbol that intertwins the two smile.gif It helps that I like HIM too I guess laugh.gif

My next tattoo is going to be something vine/leaf like either in a band around my left arm or running up the inside of me leg. Something delicate and small me thinks as I'm a laaaaaaaaayyddie wink.gif
ravein
that is awesome.. I have a chinese dragon at the base of my neck... and get this.. because I was born in the year of the dragon as well (76)!!
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Lovely tattoo - good show on the tattoo studio you had it done at also. Sacred Rose comes very highely recommended in the tattoo scene and the work that I've seen by them (yours included) has always been top notch.
Greeneyes
Nice and simple. I don't really like tattoos that much in general, but that's definitely one of the nicest looking ones i've seen.
Sir Psycho Sexy
havn't i seen that before? it looks very familiar

....oh wait....didn't it used to be your av?
Mata
Yeah, that was her av, she was linking directly to the image on my server too, the wench! wink.gif

A friend of mine got his tattoo done in the Sacred Rose a couple of year's ago, another dragon, and it is truly stunning, so I had no hesitation in recommending them.

I don't suppose you remember who did it do you? I think it was a guy called Cliff who did my friend's one. I'm sure he'd remember my friend Matt if you had asked. Matt sat in the chair for about eight hours per day for four days straight to get it finished before we came back to the UK. Silly bugger.
Cthulhu
Heh, cool, tattoos... Here's a few of mine if anyone cares. smile.gif

Mutilation
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Jun 15 2004, 01:42 PM)
QUOTE (Mutilation @ Jun 15 2004, 01:41 PM)

Well if you took time to read my blurb you'd know it was on my back between my shoulder blades rolleyes.gif

WHHHAAAAAAA??? to the King Kong comment?????? ohmy.gif

But where in these upper-regions? We have an entire spine there.

And you have to have seen the movie. I think it was Leopard Fist Ninja or something.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Mutilation @ Jun 16 2004, 09:43 AM)
But where in these upper-regions? We have an entire spine there.

*slaps Mutilation* WAKE UP! I repeat for the 3rd time, it's between my shoulder blades! rolleyes.gif

Some woman did it. I can't remember her name. It was supposed to be Darlene but another lady stepped in at the last minute. Middle aged, long reddish brown, badly conditioned hair if I remember rightly, slightly large! laugh.gif

BTW, if you'd sent me a copy as a jpeg I wouldn't have HAD to link it from your server. I didn't even know I was doing it! tongue.gif I'll have a copy if you've got it?
CommieBastard
Mutilation: To end this debate, it begins a few inches below the base of her neck smile.gif I saw it before Mata tongue.gif

Those are some nice tats, Cthulhu!
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Jun 16 2004, 05:23 PM)
Mutilation: To end this debate, it begins a few inches below the base of her neck smile.gif I saw it before Mata tongue.gif

Yes you did and yes it does biggrin.gif Which, incidentally, is between my shoulder blades laugh.gif

Lovely tattoo - good show on the tattoo studio you had it done at also. Sacred Rose comes very highely recommended in the tattoo scene and the work that I've seen by them (yours included) has always been top notch.

Really? ohmy.gif I didn't know that. Where did you get that information from smile.gif

I was talking to my friend about tattoo conventions and was wondering if anyone knew of one local to the NW that might be happening soon. I here there's a good one in Derby?
Cthulhu
Hey, if any of ya ever want flash done, let me know. I sometimes do flash for Philadelphia Eddie's Tattoo's (though he sold the business two years ago, I now do it for Danny Emery who owns the shop Eddie started out in and sometimes do some for Spider). If ya don't know who these guys are, you should look into old school tattoo artists, these are some of the world's best. Well, Danny is kind of young but he's very good. He did the 9/11 memorial on my inner right arm, the Owl on my upper right and a Raven with "Nevermore' in a banner on my right leg (not pictured). Spider did the Cherokee medecine shield on my outer left arm, the bear & shield on the inner and the pentagram on the upper left (Hm, the whole left arm apparantly). smile.gif Spider's brother Tom did the dragon on my outer right arm. Apparantly that's important, from what Spider said I'm the only one who's got tats from both of those guys. Weird really, you'd think that'd be pretty common? <Shrug>... I also have a Panther (symbol of my father's tank regemin in the Korean war) that Philly Eddie put on for me (also not pictured) which is a very personal one.

Mike
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Cthulhu @ Jun 17 2004, 12:14 PM)
Hey, if any of ya ever want flash done, let me know.

Sorry but what is flash?
Raptor Red
That is awsome!! I'm thinking about getting a tattoo when I'm 18. Any suggestions?
tainted_sorrow
awsome\m/....

ill put pix of my tats up later so u can see them,..i gotta call the dude that did em and ask him to like send me pix cause i dont have pix of my own,...yea i got myne done at OTT in MI,..Pj and Glen are the coolest people...i get discounts..cause my moms friend is the piercer dudes there best friend and neighbor,....but yea,..whatever
gothictheysay
Raven with "Nevermore' in a banner on my right leg

Now, THAT is cool.

I knew it was Pixie's av as soon as the top loaded tongue.gif S'very cool. I'm very nervous about getting tattoos - it's against my family's religion, and they may want to bury me in a Jewish cemetery (can't with a tattoo...) and also I think I would get bored of it, it would annoy me, etc.

But most tattoos are cool. tongue.gif
Mata
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Jun 16 2004, 05:08 PM)
BTW, if you'd sent me a copy as a jpeg I wouldn't have HAD to link it from your server. I didn't even know I was doing it! tongue.gif I'll have a copy if you've got it?

Right-click > 'Save image as...' tongue.gif I'm not sure what the file name was now, I'll dig it out another time when it's not just gone 3am.

Tattoo flash (as opposed to Flash, which is the animation software that I use) is the name for the sheets of designs on the walls in tattoo parlours. It's also known as flash-art. Ironically I did the alterations to your design using the Flash software because it's really rather nice for drawing smooth curves, perfect for making flash-art with.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Mata @ Jun 18 2004, 03:07 AM)
Right-click > 'Save image as...' tongue.gif I'm not sure what the file name was now, I'll dig it out another time when it's not just gone 3am.

Tattoo flash (as opposed to Flash, which is the animation software that I use) is the name for the sheets of designs on the walls in tattoo parlours. It's also known as flash-art. Ironically I did the alterations to your design using the Flash software because it's really rather nice for drawing smooth curves, perfect for making flash-art with.

Ahhh I see. You know I'm sure I did that? unsure.gif

Thanks for the flash clarification Mata biggrin.gif
Pixelgoth
So if I come up with a rough idea of what I want next will you help me design it again! wink.gif *cheeky wink*
acid_rain_child
Jesus, I would pay to have a tattoo designed by Mata, I don't care if it's a picture of a band aid. You're very lucky biggrin.gif

... even if I am a tad jealous dry.gif
Mata
I'm very honoured that people want things I've drawn on their skin, and, time allowing, I'm happy to help out with designing things.
Pixelgoth
acid_rain_child I agree! Mata's an excellent artist and he offered to help me with my last design and I accepted. I am proud to know that his input has gone into my design and when he's rich and famous I'll cash in! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Seriously though, thanks Mata. I bought Tattoo magazine this morning and there is a wicked design which is virtually what I want but on a smaller scale. This guy has ivy leaves and vines winding up his arm (he's in a band called Throw Rag who I've never heard of). It's the sort of thing I either want in a band around my left arm or running up the outside or inside of my calf smile.gif
Mata
Most good tattooists will be happy to customise a design for you, especially if you have a good piece of source material, but if you would like me to give something else a go then drop me a line and I should be able to make some time.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Mata @ Jun 23 2004, 11:21 AM)
Most good tattooists will be happy to customise a design for you, especially if you have a good piece of source material, but if you would like me to give something else a go then drop me a line and I should be able to make some time.

Ta mate biggrin.gif I'll bear that in mind. I know you are hyper busy and probably have better things to do....like eat and sleep....I've seen a basic design so I might just go to a tattoo parlour and ask them to have a go at changing it and making it smaller smile.gif

I know where you are if I need you tho wink.gif
porcelainwarrior
QUOTE (acid_rain_child @ Jun 22 2004, 05:27 PM)
Jesus, I would pay to have a tattoo designed by Mata, I don't care if it's a picture of a band aid. You're very lucky  biggrin.gif

... even if I am a tad jealous  dry.gif

I think I'd quite like a tattoo of a bandaid actually, I can't wear them irl so why not!

[/spam]
spuglet
That tattoo is ace, and i agree that each one should be personal.

I had one done in February and due to my lack of being 18 i went to any place that was no questions asked...im gonna get it fixed in January! Its not that bad, i am really happy with it but theres a few bits of wonkiness, but that makes it unique!

Mine is a moon and star, a tribute to my love of astronomy but I plan to have at least two more and i know what i want, but seeing as i cant draw for shit i wouldnt mind having them designed for me!

One is a snake eating its own tail (symbol of paradox) circling a spiral galaxy and one is a celtic pattern that i will probably get out of a book when i find the perfect one, as long as it means something to me I'm happy.

When i got my tattoo done, i was given a marriage proposal by the tattooist. Beat that.
Mata
Always always always always always always always go to a decent tattooist. People who will tattoo anyone generally do not fall into this category. You'll be wearing it for the rest of your life so it's worth checking out a place in advance. If the tattooist is dodgy about you wanting to see photos of their work before they work on you then you're in the wrong place.
acid_rain_child
This is personal and boring for everyone else, but I'll share anyway.

When I get tattoos, I'm going to get at least two. One will be of siamese unicorns joined at the horn (something between me and my friend, a very personal joke biggrin.gif ). I'm getting mine on the bottom of my left foot, and she's getting hers on the bottom of her right, so when we stand together the unicorns touch again. I've tried to design the unicorns myself, but it never comes out right.

Then, I want the Three of Cups somewhere too, as it is my favorite card and it holds special meaning to me. I want my tattooist to design it because there are so many variations in Tarot, that I'd have trouble picking it. So my problem is I know what I want, I just don't know how I want it.
spuglet
I agree with Mata, take his advice because I never take my own! I did actually do some recon beforehand and they seemed a good place, i think it may have been due to the fact that he had been working all day and i was his third tattoo, so theres another tip, if you decide to get a tattoo, make sure youre the first of the day.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (spuglet @ Jun 24 2004, 12:22 AM)
i think it may have been due to the fact that he had been working all day and i was his third tattoo, so theres another tip, if you decide to get a tattoo, make sure youre the first of the day.

Yes but surely if they are a professional enough artist then they shouldn't be drawing wonky on your after they've done 3 tatttoo unsure.gif Personally if they guy/girl looked too tired to do a good job I'd reschedule. You have to have it for life or bear scars so make sure you get it done somewhere that comes highly recommended.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Personally if they guy/girl looked too tired to do a good job I'd reschedule

True. When I had my back piece done in was started at 6pm after a hard days work for the tattoist and he still managed to do five and a half hours work on me, straight.

The work is fantastic and I was thrilled with the result but if I had any feeling that he was too tired or complacent to do it properly I would have left there and then.
Forever Unknown
I used to be really anxious about who I let do my tattoos, and used to prefer to go up to my sister's in order to have them done.

However, around Christmas time I was really anxious to get one done, so made a visit to my local tattooist, had a look around and a chat with him. He seemed nice, so got it done. He actually turned out to be very good - he'd make sure I was certain I wanted it done, how I wanted it, etc. It was just going to be solid black, but he tried to talk me into having it shaded instead. I was relatively certain how I wanted it, but we agreed to him doing some shading and then changing it afterwards if I didn't like it. He ended up doing a fabulous job with the shading, and I'm glad I took his advice.

Since then, he's all I'll ever use. He did my tattoos I added for my 21st birthday, and offered to do some shading on another (one that he didn't do originally). We always have a good laugh when he's doing it, so it makes tattoo-ing more of a pleasure, and I like that he's conscientious about his work.

I intend to have two more tattoos done (I have five at the moment, although three are separate but are kind of a 'whole'). I've had one planned for years, but it needs some fine tuning. I want another on my right upper arm, but am angsting over what to have done. I want something more personalised and unique, but know that anything I design myself has the danger of being something I hate in future, and I'm not that good an artist (even though I spent several months before a tattoo making sure I still like the design).

Damn. It's hard work scarring yourself for life...

(I've babbled a bit there.)
acid_rain_child
All these tips for tattooist make me kind of sad. I mean, it seems to me that if you're the first tattoo of the day, then everyone else who comes in is getting screwed. Or in a way, you're dissing a lot of tattoist for not being good enough. I just think that's kind of mean to judge tattooist like that. Practice makes perfect man. How is a tattooist supposed to get any better with no practice? Exactly. Though, I admit, I'd not like to be the one they "practice" on... it just seems mean to me to judge tattooist. They can never get a good reputation if they have no one to speak for them.
CommieBastard
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Jun 24 2004, 10:04 AM)
You have to have it for life or bear scars so make sure you get it done somewhere that comes highly recommended.

Well, you can get it removed without any scarring, but it'll cost more than the original tattoo and be just as painful, so it's not advised.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (acid_rain_child @ Jun 24 2004, 03:46 PM)
All these tips for tattooist make me kind of sad. I mean, it seems to me that if you're the first tattoo of the day, then everyone else who comes in is getting screwed. Or in a way, you're dissing a lot of tattoist for not being good enough. I just think that's kind of mean to judge tattooist like that. Practice makes perfect man. How is a tattooist supposed to get any better with no practice? Exactly. Though, I admit, I'd not like to be the one they "practice" on... it just seems mean to me to judge tattooist. They can never get a good reputation if they have no one to speak for them.

Don't worry. We aren't slagging off tattooists in general. Just some of them. Some of them are bad even with practice! Personally I don't see how advising people of some pit falls is a bad move. Wouldn't you be annoyed if no one gave you advice of your first tattoo and you went to some [ahem - Mata] place who scarred you for life? unsure.gif I know I would!

I think both my tattooists were very good. I am happy with my tattoos smile.gif I have already promoted my dragon tattooist and I shall promote the other one now.

Feline in Sheffield. It's run by Fiona Long who is world famous. Although she didn't tattoo me herself, her colleague did and he did an excellent job! She was there and she said she liked my t-shirt so that's something I guess laugh.gif

Their web site is Feline & Fiona Long. So there you go. Does that make you happier? biggrin.gif
Pab
ya know ... to get a decent opinion on that tattoo you should take the pic from further away, looking saucily over your right shoulder at the camera ...*drools*
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Pab @ Jun 25 2004, 11:28 AM)
ya know ... to get a decent opinion on that tattoo you should take the pic from further away, looking saucily over your right shoulder at the camera ...*drools*

You're a bad man Mr Pab! wink.gif It looked OK on the LCD screen when it was taken....by my boyfriend tongue.gif

I actually had a vest on at the time anyway tongue.gif I didn't think it was that bad as my digital camera isn't brilliant at close up shots.
Enslaved
Hey Sam, cool tat! smile.gif
tainted_sorrow
HEY HEY HEY!!....lookit mine!!

Yea,...PJ did it\m/....u can like go to the site and stuff,..(he liek told me he put them up so i was like AH and rememberd i said i would post them here) ,....uuuuuhm...yea.....
Greeneyes
wow.....................just...........wow..............
Queenie
Oh Sam i love your tattoo!! laugh.gif

I'm kinda in two minds for getting mine done... my cousin still owes me my birthday and christmas present which is a tattoo!! Hoping to get something celtic on my back and then the Levellers logo on my right shoulder

Dunno if i should have anything done tho... because i want to be a teacher and having something on my lower back would show and then i wouldn't be able to wear vest tops in the summer because of having the levellers logo on my shoulder. Will probably still have them done though!! biggrin.gif
Mata
Those truly are very exceptional peices of work. Any chance of using a bit of correct punctuation in your posts though? I had some difficulty working out what you meant there, and it was only a couple of lines of text.

Anyway, yes, those are amazing tattoos. How much did they cost?

Queenie, how about getting the tattoo done in white ink? Not many tattooists do it, but they look really nice, and they are more subtle than standard blackwork.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
how about getting the tattoo done in white ink

Ohhh - yeah! I've seen quite a few done in white ink and it's really discreet. Looks more like a scar than tattooing.

Would be very unusual and purdy.

*nods head emphatically*

I was going to post my tattoos on here but I haven't got a clue how to?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.