Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fanfair Please....baby Stinky!
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
WeeJ
Ladies and gentlemen, I'm proud to finally introduce to you (or those of you who know MarJ and Stinky) baby Theo Graham Coates biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif wub.gif wub.gif

wub.gif

I've passed on everyone's nice words when Emma gave birth to theo and she says hi to everyone. She promises she'll come and say hi again soon , but at the moment, she's up th her eyeballs in milk and nappies laugh.gif
Cath Sparrow
*quite round of applause so as not to scare him* biggrin.gif

He's cutie Weej! *hugs*
Forever Unknown
Aww! So cute!
MistressAlti
Yay! Awww...
Fallen Element
im usually afraid of babies! but he is so cute!!

i wont give him a scarf til later...im not that niave bout babies and scarf like objects!

Give my best to the proud parents!

Fal xXx
Pab
awww .. he looks like he could be one of the baby turtles in Finding Nemo, holding on to poppa turtles back .... toootally ...
Lord of darness
he's cute laugh.gif
MarJ
My baby is famous!!!

Thanks to all that have sent thier regards.

WeeJ is turning out to be Super Auntie (which suprised me as she was allergic to babies biggrin.gif )
Pixelgoth
Awwww ickle cutie pie! wub.gif

And I'm not even that found of babies ohmy.gif

Congrats biggrin.gif
WeeJ
QUOTE (MarJ @ Jun 22 2004, 11:11 AM)
WeeJ is turning out to be Super Auntie (which suprised me as she was allergic to babies biggrin.gif )

Hey! I'm a fantastic auntie I'll have you know.

/me sings....."I'm gonna eat you little baby! I'm gonna eat you little baby"...
I actually sing that. He seems to like it biggrin.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Pab @ Jun 22 2004, 12:22 AM)
awww .. he looks like he could be one of the baby turtles in Finding Nemo, holding on to poppa turtles back .... toootally ...

duuuude....

it has big eyes.....its like its watching me.... blink.gif
Mata
He does have huge eyes. He's a bit like a pink Mekon!

He's very cute, congrats to Marj, Stinky, and Weej (for not coming out in a rash) smile.gif
#tay
Awwwh X3 So cyuuuute! A thousand congrats to you. I'm not a big baby fan either, but... >3< he's like, one of the cutest babies I've ever seen.

And the eyes are big! ...Not that it's a bad thing. Big eyes are always adorable. :3
gothictheysay
Oh, as soon as I saw that... What beautiful big brown eyes! wub.gif Awww...
EvilSpork
Hugerific eyes.

Not saying that's a bad thing.

I don't like babies... unsure.gif Okay okay I kinda do sometimes... Cute fella.
MarJ
Has anybody have any tips on how to pasify a colicy crying baby??

H--E--L--P I need some sleep!! blink.gif
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Have you tried Infacol? It's something you can give to him before a feed that can help settle them. You should be able to get it in the chemist.

We also found sitting him on your knee and rubbing his back after a feed can generally help also.

I'm sorry that he's poorly. We had the same thing with Kai when he was small. I can assure you that it does get better - it just takes some time.
MarJ
QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Jun 23 2004, 11:13 AM)
Have you tried Infacol? 

We also found sitting him on your knee and rubbing his back after a feed can generally help also.

I have tried Infacol, Dentinox and have now been perscribes Colocynthis (they look like little wraps of speed!)

I rub his back during and after every feed. He is such a little wind bag that he could burp and fart for England!

One day it feels like I am making progress then the next he`s bad again!
Mata
Sorry, my normal method of sedating children is juggling their shoes and toys. They normally become so distracted that they forget to continue crying.

'Hope he gets better soon!
MarJ
QUOTE (Mata @ Jun 23 2004, 11:25 AM)
Sorry, my normal method of sedating children is juggling their shoes and toys. They normally become so distracted that they forget to continue crying.

'Hope he gets better soon!

You want to come baby sit? I have loads of shoes you could play with! tongue.gif
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Hmmm, I'm out of ideas then.

Sounds like he has it bad. The only thing I think is to persevere. Kai was really colicy up to about four months old. Once you start them on solid food it becomes less of a problem because the solids help them keep the milk down and they don't get so gassy.

Kai's almost one now. Thinking back to when he was colicy seems like a million years ago (which bodes well for your future, you forget the bad stuff really quickly).

I'll speak to my other half later on today for you and see if he can remember any of the tricks we used. He paid more attention at the classes then I did. rolleyes.gif

Ohh - just remembered - cooled boiled water. I was advised that giving them a few sips after a feed can help settle them too.
WeeJ
QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Jun 23 2004, 11:30 AM)
Ohh - just remembered - cooled boiled water. I was advised that giving them a few sips after a feed can help settle them too.

He has that too, with a tiny bit of sugar in it as it acts as a very mild laxative.

As you can prolly see, Marj is pretty knackered but she has a supportive family behind her and Theo. We love them both to bits wub.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
he's too cute....does he have little hands and feet? how little....its funny compared to my shovels....i mean hands
franken-sarah
He's an absolutely perfect little fellow!! *hugs*
Mata
There is a touch of Winston Churchill about him, I think.
Pab
blimey .. well at least you didn't say 'Jack Straw'
Tarantio
I thought churchill was a given for young babies... and please, don't let it eat my soul.

AWWW, CUUUUUTE BABY. COOTCHIE COOTCHIE COOOOOOO!
WeeJ
QUOTE (MarJ @ Jun 23 2004, 11:09 AM)
Has anybody have any tips on how to pasify a colicy crying baby??

We bought some posh bottles in desperation today. They're called Dr Browns, they have a tube inside...

In the end, a friend gave me a Dr Brown's Natural Flow bottle and the baby immediately took to it, guzzling down 5fl oz without pausing for breath. It was a huge relief!

The bottle is designed for babies with colic, as it uses an internal vent to reduce the amount of air they can swallow. It also stops middle-ear problems caused by the pressure of swallowing.

hope they work. Poor little bugger's in loads of pain sad.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
i saw on the news that an osteopath was ment to help babies with colic, it had a happy gurgly chappy on there that used to have colic...might be worth a look
Mata
Try spinning it widdershins at a full moon. You never know.
Tarantio
I'm not sure we HAVE a widdershins on this world Mata, but if, in the unlikely chance that there is, there's an equally likely chance that it might just, if done correctly, work.
Feyliya
Widdershins is counter-clockwise, Tara. And I'm not certain you want to be spinning a baby... rolleyes.gif

I don't really have any advice to offer. None of my cousins had colic, and they're pretty much the only babies I've ever taken care of.

Though...since the gas is cramping up his insides and making him cry, maybe you could try a warm water bottle on his tummy. I know it helps me when I have cramps.

I KNOW...He doesn't have THOSE kinds of cramps...but anything's worth a shot to get some sleep...

He's absolutely adorable, by the way. Congrats on joining the Auntie club, WeeJ!!!
Tarantio
QUOTE (Feyliya @ Jun 26 2004, 03:31 AM)
Widdershins is counter-clockwise, Tara. And I'm not certain you want to be spinning a baby... rolleyes.gif

i wasn't sure if it applied outside the discworld to be honest, but thanks for clarifying. and a little centrofugal force didn't do me any harm as a child, did it Dace?

I'M NOT GOING TO DIGNIFY THAT QUESTION WITH AN ANSWER.
MarJ
It`s a miracle! biggrin.gif

The Dr. Browns bottles have worked! biggrin.gif

I have a happy baby!!!! laugh.gif

This is the second day he has been on this special bottles (robbing gits...20 for four!) But I would have paid a million to see him as content as he is now.

A big round of applause for WeeJ as she found them!
Mata
Woohoo! *applauds WeeJ* I'm really pleased for you and the littl'un.

I still thing the widdershins thing would work though wink.gif If not, try rubbing beef on it and burying the beef at a crossroads at full-moon... Or was that for curing warts...
{Gothic Angel}
AWwWwWwWwWw!!! ::melts:: I want one! How much? biggrin.gif

::hugs:: congratulations! biggrin.gif
WeeJ
QUOTE (MarJ @ Jun 26 2004, 01:01 PM)
A big round of applause for WeeJ as she found them!

I rock biggrin.gif
Queenie
Indeed you do WeeJ, indeed you do.

He is soooo cute... I wanna meet Theo!! WeeJ can i come to your house soon please!! I want to play games with the baby!! Oh oh... can i bring Olin too?! They could be friends!!! laugh.gif
MarJ
QUOTE (Queenie @ Jun 27 2004, 09:04 PM)
He is soooo cute... I wanna meet Theo!! WeeJ can i come to your house soon please!! I want to play games with the baby!! Oh oh... can i bring Olin too?! They could be friends!!! laugh.gif

All babysitters are welcome! He`s not much into games at the moment, but he loves cuddles smile.gif
Queenie
QUOTE (MarJ @ Jun 28 2004, 11:50 AM)
QUOTE (Queenie @ Jun 27 2004, 09:04 PM)

He is soooo cute... I wanna meet Theo!! WeeJ can i come to your house soon please!! I want to play games with the baby!! Oh oh... can i bring Olin too?! They could be friends!!!  laugh.gif

All babysitters are welcome! He`s not much into games at the moment, but he loves cuddles smile.gif

awww... if only i still lived in Redditch would be closer to you than Leeds!! I'll make a special visit!! *giggles all girly like* laugh.gif
MarJ
QUOTE (Queenie @ Jun 28 2004, 02:50 PM)
awww... if only i still lived in Redditch

Believe me, you don`t want to be living in Redditch! Leeds is much more hip and happening. Redditch is now like an overgrown jungle!
Queenie
I know my family just moved a couple of weeks ago from there... they now live in Cambridge. I swear they are trying to get further and further away from me!!

Just means that now that i don't live in Redditch it's not as easy to come see your baby or laugh watching WeeJ being an auntie in action. Not saying that she'd be bad cause i'm 100% sure she aint... just be weird seeing her being an auntie...!!

*shuts up cause she's rambling*
WeeJ
Next time we can turf our parents out Lea, you can come stop at ours for the weekend. I'm sure theo would love you to bits and pieces wub.gif
Queenie
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Jun 28 2004, 07:42 PM)
Next time we can turf our parents out Lea, you can come stop at ours for the weekend. I'm sure theo would love you to bits and pieces wub.gif

tee hee... *smile grew manically large then* Since my Mum had olin i've loved babies!! Before they were evil little creatures but now they is bootiful thingys!! laugh.gif
oxym0ronical
Another thing to try should he ever have problems again.. put him on a washer or dryer (or anything that vibrates really). You can also try putting a tiny piece of peppermint in warm water and let him drink it. Car rides also sometimes help soothe them when they're fussy and/or hurting. When my cousin's son was still a baby, he had colic but was also allergic to most formulas. He finally ended up on goat's milk instead. We went through a lot of peppermint and did a lot of laundry during that time wink.gif

Congrats to the mommy and the auntie!
Sakura_chan
Aw.. so.. cute! biggrin.gif
WeeJ
STINKY HAS STARTED SMILING!!!!!!

You have NO idea how cool this is biggrin.gif He keeps giving me these big gummy grins and its just the most rewarding thing ever biggrin.gif wub.gif
WeeJ
Check this out biggrin.gif

Extreeeeeeeme close up biggrin.gif
franken-sarah
AWW!! That's super-cute!! He must be smiling at his brilliant Auntie for getting the stuff for getting rid of colicky nastiness!! smile.gif
gothictheysay
Awww wub.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.