Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Name That Cat!
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2
ravein
Okay.. so recently I was scammed into taking care of a kitten for my mom. Well, needless to say she now no longer wants the kitten. So after weeks of trying to get rid of the little bugger... he has grown on me.. and I think he is a keeper.
So here is your part.. we have been calling him Hermie as in hermaphrodite (he was to little to tell his sex when I got him). If I am going to keep him he needs a proper name. I can’t think of anything so I will let you all chose!! Here are pics of the little bugger.. have fun!
kitten
Ill chose the best and most fitting in a week.

Just to give you back ground... Hermie was found under a porch when he was a very small kitten.. maybe only 3-4 weeks old, and very wild. Hermie is extremely playful, loves to climb and pounce everything... and he has somewhat of an evil side.
Ashbless
Well there are a number of traditional orange cat names:

Sandy, Marmelade, Tiger

I sorta liked Terry Pratchet's suggestion of:

Geroffyabugger!

There's also the name Pouncequick from "Tailchaser's song".

The naming of cat's is a serious matter,
Not just one of those parlour games.
You may think that I'm mad as a hatter
when I tell you each cat has three different names. laugh.gif

Sometimes observing the cat for a week or so and a name will present itself. Hermie may stick after all. Though Dante is only rarely called Babycat. smile.gif
Aria
Chanty. Only I'm sure how you spell it. It might be shanty.
Alaric
Circuit.. fits it perfect since we have a cat named Circuit.. use to be like that till it god spaded and became fat.. but now we have Watts.. which is a complete and utter terror at times... so either Circuit or Watts.
Forever Unknown
Ah-ha! I'm a cat-name God. Examples:

Fizzgig, from when I was a child, because he looked *exactly* like Fizzgig from the Dark Crystal.

Bumble - because when he was a kitten he used to bumble about and knock in to things a lot, I'm told.

Lunch - Because my aunt's dog almost ate him at 11.45, around lunchtime. That's how we got him.

Stevie Wonder - Because he's not black, he's not blind, and he doesn't sing. He was actually pure white and had a lot of hearing problems. He sadly passed away this Saturday. He was my little 'un. I used to call him 'Wee' and 'WeeCat', because of the sound he makes when he meows. He had a song and everything - in the tune of StingRay - "WeeCat, Weecat! Ba-da-da-da da-da".

Tabitha - She's a tortishell (I think I spelt that wrong). We also call her FUC (pronounced, obviously, like the naughty naughty word) - for Fat Ugly Cat. Not that we're giving her a complex or anything. But she's huge.

Staying with my original bass name ideas in the other thread, I suggest "God" and "NotMyCat".
Snugglebum the Destroyer
I always go with Oy.

Generally beacuse you'll spend most of you time saying that when the little darling climbs your leg/curtain/couch/wall etc...

Alternatively, you can't go wrong with Cat.
Greeneyes
QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Jun 23 2004, 11:17 AM)
Alternatively, you can't go wrong with Cat.

Amen.

You could call him Lucifer.

Edit: This post wasn't meant to be a terrible joke, btw.
DarkInferno
Heres some of mine Nothing, Quali, ObiWan.

smile.gif
Righteous
Clyde
TigerLily013
Maxwell, best name EVAR.
Dolty McDaft
Franky Forcefield.
ravein
awesome.. keep them coming.. by the way the winner get to be the cats god parent.. smile.gif
hinsley
mittens?

biggrin.gif
WeeJ
Colin.
Ron.
Bert.
Richard.
Graham.

Colin's my personal fave smile.gif
hinsley
Felni
Liath
Sanari
Meliot
Mish
Zavier
Zane
Rafe
Moop
Rial
Zenic
Bazos
Silvanus
Carnifex

i'll shut up now.

oh theres Aslan, which i call my dog... blink.gif

and valentini which is my neighbours cat, and marwen which is my cat. biggrin.gif

i do like obscure names so. lol.
gothictheysay
Peanut Butter!
chester
a couple weeks ago my friend karas cat had kittens and i was supposed to help her name them. sadly, her mother didnt like any of the names i suggested. hmm... *thinks*

sandpaper
kitty McMeowmeow
seymore jr
larry
seaweed
one-legged jim
gato
percy

you could aslo just call it puppy-dog or some other thing you might call a dog, just to confuse any guests you have over.
Greeneyes
QUOTE (chester @ Jun 24 2004, 12:49 AM)
you could aslo just call it puppy-dog or some other thing you might call a dog, just to confuse any guests you have over.

Yeah, call it 'TheDog'. So you can say,

"oh look, Thedog's come in" , or
"Thedog is so funny when he sits on my head", or
"Beware of Thedog"
Dreams On Hiatus
Mokey.

My cat's name, and she's the best cat in the world. smile.gif I think you should name your cat Mokey.
Fallen Element
i found some cool names (with meanings) that i think suit cats!

Erato - (The Muse of Love Poetry and Mimicry)
Thalia - (The Muse of Comedy and Playful Poetry)

thought they were kinda cool, cos you (ravein) are all good with the poetry and such like! i know that they are quasi-girlie names...but they would fit methinks!

then there are random names for cats:

hamish
bumblebee
Kitt (as in Eartha)

hope this helps!

Fal xXx
Forever Unknown
Tsk. I have to state the case for God once again.

I mean, really. If he goes missing, and then suddenly makes an appearance: "Look! I've found God."

There's just so many fabulous opportunities for bad jokes.
Tigersong
QUOTE (Ashbless @ Jun 22 2004, 10:38 PM)
There's also the name Pouncequick from "Tailchaser's song".

Hey! My cat's named Hushpad Pouncequick! biggrin.gif

Tailchaser's Song is a favourite of mine.
karismaklysm
just to put in my 2 cents here, since he may end up living with me...

i really liked:
mittens
and
aslan
and
i could live with gato, but as it is one of my own nicknames, it could get confusing...

president eisenmeower is just funny. not practical, but funny.
Faerieryn
Miss Kitty Fantastico!!!
Gizmo!
What about chum (as in the dog food?)
Bagpuss
Henry's
Custard
Snap
Chris Evans
Crookshanks
Violin

Hope these are usefull
mooooooooooopo
QUOTE (hinsley @ Jun 23 2004, 07:51 PM)
Felni
Liath
Sanari
Meliot
Mish
Zavier
Zane
Rafe
Moop
Rial
Zenic
Bazos
Silvanus
Carnifex

i'll shut up now.

oh theres Aslan, which i call my dog... blink.gif

and valentini which is my neighbours cat, and marwen which is my cat. biggrin.gif

i do like obscure names so. lol.

Hmm, should I be honoured or offended?
ravein
QUOTE (karismaklysm @ Jun 24 2004, 03:17 PM)
just to put in my 2 cents here, since he may end up living with me...

i really liked:
mittens
and
aslan
and
i could live with gato, but as it is one of my own nicknames, it could get confusing...

president eisenmeower is just funny. not practical, but funny.

Thalia- I really like.. mittens.. is good due to my unwavering love.. I liked gato to... but Miss Kitty Fantastico is rocking my junk.. but I think we know someone who named his or her cat that? I thought about deeohgee this morning.. (say it out loud).
Gothymothy girl
Call it The Kitty. When it becomes old and crusty call it the Old and Crusty Kitty. OOOOH or call it the Uber Kitty. >(|||> in honor of the uber carrot!

=^.^= kitty!!!!!
{Gothic Angel}
Ooooh! Fuzzy kitten-ness! biggrin.gif

Is it a boy cat or a girl cat? unsure.gif

Bruce (for a boy... cos then you can call him brucie and crush his lil ego happy.gif)
Eyesha
Spot (Classic name for a semi-tabby tongue.gif)
Amber (My abysinnian cat is called Amber Jalinese Abbychat. We call her Abby. tongue.gif)

Someone needs to get a black and white cat or dog. Or just get a dog, I rule at naming them lol. My b/f's dogs are called Zeus and Cooper (cos he looks like Alice Cooper, with the eye makeup)
Forever Unknown
but Miss Kitty Fantastico is rocking my junk.. but I think we know someone who named his or her cat that?

From Buffy, no?
deranged_ferret
For some reason I think Snicker, but I like Deeohgee and Geroffyabugger (Because who doesn't like Greebo? Oooh! Or call it Luggage) too. If I had a cat I'd probably end up calling it something really stupid like Munkin or Snazzlebunny, but thats just me. I've never been very good at naming things (I named my childhood toys things like "big-dog" and "white-bear").

Ooh! I've just noticed the first seven letters of Geroffyabugger are an anagram of "O Geffry" or rather "Oh! Geffrey!", which I find funny because of coupling. Just thinking about that show makes me laugh. The melty man! The cushion fiasco! Umm... I'll shut up now.
beleraphon
Bear in mind you have to shout the cat in from the garden at silly 'o' clock in the morning and get called in to the vet using the name I'd stear away from anything to wacky!

My cats, past and present have answered to:
Daisy -well I was 4 when I named her
Tammy
Crosby (cause he was called 'Bing' by the rescue center and it so didn't suit an elderly black & white mog)
Nutmeg (though you did tend to call him 'Nuts' occasionally)
Pixie - blame my father, that was not my fault
Shoggoth (Da Shog' was big, black engulfed his food and made a weird noise, the cat was a shoggoth in disguise)
Sylvester - Mum calls him 'Vesta, but he did arrive with that name as another rescue cat.
and my current pair of clowns
Thorn & Dinah
(Thorn has very very sharp claws, Dinah was the name of Alice in Wonderland's cat and does the uber cute kitten thing when she sees herself in a mirror!)

Flipping heck, you can tell that the rest of the UK is watching football I'm swamping all the forums I'm subscribed to tonight, just tell my to scram if you get fed up with me.

bel.
Gothymothy girl
depressing.

/spam
Sir Psycho Sexy
I always wanted to get a man kitten/cat and call him alfy....but unfortunately, due to facking eastenders its a little out of the question

"ooh you named you cat after alfy moon?"
"no i fucking didn't!! DIE BITCH!!!"

...well...something like that, just don't want the hastle, but in america you don't have that particular crap on tele....so alfy...

also I WANT IT!! GIVE IT TO MEE!!!! tongue.gif
Silver Star Angel of Da Towers
Solarflare because it's orange. My cat was named Simba (we have an affection for disney movies). smile.gif
Righteous
I know of a guy who named his cat "Ki Ki" because when he got drunk, which was quite often, he'd call her "Kitty Kitty" (her original name) but it came out as "Ki Ki."
Pikasyuu
Brody! Don't ask why, I've just always suggested that as a pet name.
Tigersong
QUOTE (ravein @ Jun 24 2004, 02:09 PM)
Miss Kitty Fantastico

My kitty was almost named that! (Go rabid Buffyness!) About 6 months later, I was glad I didn't. She turned out to be a he.

Now, his nickname is Mr. Kitty Fantastico! biggrin.gif

Name it a horribly rude word. Then you can be yelling "F*ck, get in here! Here, F*ck! Get in the house right now, F*ck!" much to the delight and amusement of your neighbours!
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Heheh...

I have a friend who called his dog Boner - wasn't that a laugh when he escaped (which was at least twice a day, the little bugger) and we had to run round the street calling for him... dry.gif
ravein
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Jun 24 2004, 07:04 PM)
I always wanted to get a man kitten/cat and call him alfy....but unfortunately, due to facking eastenders its a little out of the question

"ooh you named you cat after alfy moon?"
"no i fucking didn't!! DIE BITCH!!!"

...well...something like that, just don't want the hastle, but in america you don't have that particular crap on tele....so alfy...

also I WANT IT!! GIVE IT TO MEE!!!! tongue.gif

if there was any possible way for me to mail this cat to you I would so do it... I love him dont get me wrong... I really just dont need another cat.. one is enough.. but check this out.. a new pic of him.. he is so cute... and has sooooooo much energy....

hinsley
QUOTE (chester @ Jun 24 2004, 12:49 AM)
a couple weeks ago my friend karas cat had kittens and i was supposed to help her name them. sadly, her mother didnt like any of the names i suggested. hmm... *thinks*

sandpaper
kitty McMeowmeow
seymore jr
larry
seaweed
one-legged jim
gato
percy

oooo i like kitty mcmeowmeow!!!!!!!

its cool happy.gif
eternallybored
Here, name it You Damn Cat. So if you're calling it from across the room, you can say "Come here You Damn Cat!". Or call it something weird like Dandy and then change its name to §, and call it the Cat Formerly Known as Dandy.

Call it Cat Number 2. It's literal, isn't it?
monkey_called_narth
name it fatty kazoo.
Ashbless
Jeffrey
There's a great bit of poem entitled "To his cat Jeffrey"
I also suggest Mischief. If he's dignified later in life it can be 'Chief.
Jaq
Call him something that you won't be ashamed to tell the vet. Anything that would be censored on TV, be inappropriate in a kindergarten class or would make sensitive animal lovers want to lynch you should be avoided.

Other than that it doesn't matter what you call him. He won't come when you call anyways.
werewolf3361
He looks like a Nathaniel.... or Zane..... or Gregory.... ok i'm gonna stop naming off wereleopards from the Anita Blake books now.... happy.gif
Industrial Kybosh
Spongo
JimBob
Chinga! (\m/ wink.gif oldskool)
Cosine
Jalapeño
Ian
Cooking Fat
Wasabi
Catharsis
Chairman Meow (har!)
Goblin
Bo Selecta
Optimus Prime
Rise And Fall Of The Ottoman Empire ('Otto' for short)
PBJ
Ramadan

Feh. I want a kitten, just so I can give it a silly name...
Feyliya
Since he's an orange kitty, maybe you should name him/her after a sun god/dess!

Malina (Sun Goddess of the Eskimos, my personal fav for a girl biggrin.gif )
Helios (Sun God of the Greeks)
Ra (Sun God of the Egyptians)
Aurora (Goddess of the Dawn of the Romans)
Shamash (God of the Sun to the Babylonians)
Aten (God of the Sun-Disc, worshiped by the Egyptians as the Creator God during the reign of Akhenaten)
Adonis (Who hasn't heard of a bronze Adonis? wink.gif )
D.C. (short for Darn Cat from an old movie, not the comics)
Cieaytie (think phonetically wink.gif )

I named my cat Tigger because he was a bouncy little bugger when he was a baby! Now we call him Chicken more because...well...he's a Chicken!

* Edit: He looks a LOT like a friend of mine's cat, Dally. If he's more spotty than stripey and his butt is higher than the rest of his body because his back legs are so long, he might be an Osicat. In other words, he might be part Ocelot.
porcelainwarrior
Zigimorphicon

yarr!
{Gothic Angel}
If you're gonna name it after a sun god/ess wouldnt it be more appropriate to name it after an Egyptian god/ess - after all, they did worship Kittys biggrin.gif
Ashbless
So Ravein. What is the name of kitten-chan?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.