Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jobs
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
mooooooooooopo
I dont drink tea that often cos its too much effort to make but I lost count of how many cups of black coffee I've had today. blink.gif
{Gothic Angel}
I drink coffee and tea. Lots of both, though more coffee than tea. Yesterday I had 6 cups of coffee, 4 cups of tea and one cup of my ickle sisters flavoured-powdered-tea-ish-stuff (Turkish apple flavour... mmm...). I think I may have a problem unsure.gif

*stands* Hi, my name is Jen and I am a hot drink addict.
Enslaved
*Walks in to the "Hot Drink Addicts" meeting, pours self 5 shots of espresso before reminding everyone... this thread was about Jobs*

Look, now you've got me spamming dry.gif Hehe.
{Gothic Angel}
Sowwy! *wanders off to Daft to make a support group*

I would post something about my job but I've already posted just about everything you could possibly want to know about it tongue.gif
Ashbless
I walk into the homes of total strangers and ask them to get naked in the shower, eat my cooking or show me their cleaning supplies. laugh.gif

Yes, you too could have a great job in the field of home support. Amongst my titles are such diverse elements as community support worker, personal care aide, and home support worker. dry.gif

I also find it amazing how many people will let me into a "secure" building with the flash of my ugly photo ID badge. They don't even ask who I'm there to see! ohmy.gif

Don't do this - the ugly badges are not that hard to make. Only let your own guest into a building ever. Resist the temptation to make interesting new friends. biggrin.gif
Polocrunch
QUOTE (Ashbless @ Jul 18 2004, 06:41 AM)
I walk into the homes of total strangers and ask them to get naked in the shower, eat my cooking or show me their cleaning supplies. laugh.gif

And how does tea affect your job?
artist.unknown
I walk into the homes of total strangers and ask them to get naked in the shower, eat my cooking or show me their cleaning supplies. 

I was cleaning up this young girl's room the other day, and she simply walked in from the shower! Stark naked! And started to change!

I always knew the hired staff in mansions were supposed to make themselves invisible, but honestly. Eeeych.
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
I got offered a job putting components into PCI boards, I said no.
Ashbless
Tea affects my job in that people often try to live on tea and toast when they get into their 90's. I know their appetite may not be what it once was but T + T alone is a good way to wind up steadily weaker. sad.gif

That being said I often add coffee or tea to my daily life. Does that mean I'm also getting on in years?? laugh.gif
PsychWardMike
Heh, my dearest artist, I feel you pain. I, too, am working for a rich people's place... a private school. Good lord, children in general are filthy little children. The other day, I was cleaning outside and someone almost ran me down. With a limo. Yeah. Thanks.

So yeah, I have a new respect for those who practice the custodial arts. God bless those poor souls.
gothictheysay
My only current job is babysitting, and while it's not that bad, the little children do have endless amounts of energy! And when I'm with my friend, I try to let the Terrible Twos child play with her for a little bit...but no, she might as well have been Velcroed to me.

I was cleaning up this young girl's room the other day, and she simply walked in from the shower! Stark naked! And started to change!

I was putting some children to bed...you'd be surprised how willing they are to throw their clothes off, walk out of the bathroom with pants and undies off, and refuse to go to bed and moon you. One also asked for me to wipe his bottom, and insisted upon it for at least five minutes. And he was seven. dry.gif

And yes, blessings to the custodial/sanitation workers. If it weren't for them, boy would we be in a mess!
artist.unknown
And yes, blessings to the custodial/sanitation workers. If it weren't for them, boy would we be in a mess!

Having done this job, I feel like going back and apologising to every hotel cleaning lady who's ever had to clean up after me.

Heh, my dearest artist, I feel you pain. I, too, am working for a rich people's place... a private school. Good lord, children in general are filthy little children. The other day, I was cleaning outside and someone almost ran me down. With a limo. Yeah. Thanks.

See, in my old private school, they didn't believe in actually HIRING custodians. Child labour is free! Every once in a while the class had to change out of uniform, and they'd have us clean the place. Smarmy bastages...I demand backpay. ^^;;
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.