Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Colour
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2
froggle-rock
If members of this forum were a colour, what colour would it be and why?
Phyllis
I'd be this color, because it's whatever color shows up when I type my name in the COLOR tag (probably black).

*EDIT* Yep. That's quite boring. If I had a name like Scarlet it'd be more interesting. But then, I'd be stuck with a name like Scarlet.....Okay, so the color "scarlet" doesn't show up either. Fine then! A name like Violet?
gothictheysay
I relate people to colors all the time, but I can't do it properly when I'm forced to think about it. I tried thinking about what your color would be and it didn't work! It might once I know you better.

Forced to look at myself, I'm not sure either. I know when I think of Candice I think of a nice orangey yellow radiating sunshine and warmth smile.gif
starflowah
For some reason I see myself as a sort of bluey greeny turquoisey colour.
I have absolutely no notion why.
artist.unknown
I'd be, er, hooloovoo. *points* Actually, I'm synaesthetic (I see letters and in colour), so if anyone's curious about their name I'd be happy to tell them their colours. The alphabet: now in technicolour!

In case anyone cares, an example: artist.unknown is blue due to the "a", which colours the word as a whole. But the rest of it is dark because of r (maroon-brown) and k (chocolate brown) and t (dark green).

Forced to look at myself, I'm not sure either. I know when I think of Candice I think of a nice orangey yellow radiating sunshine and warmth

That's interesting, the name Candice is yellow for me, too...
Dreams On Hiatus
I'd be....this color, because it is pretty. Or I'd be this color.
Feyliya
I get the distinct feeling that everyone sees me as green....
Forever Unknown
I would want to be bright pink. Not because I think I'm particularly 'pink', but just 'cause it's a wonderful colour.
Enslaved
I would want to be black and white. It combines balance and exact oposites, completely unbiased, which reflects me as a person.

Artist.Unknown... I'm curious about synaesthetics. I've never heard of it before. What exactly is it? And can you tell me what colour you see me as?
{Gothic Angel}
Synaesthetics have the synapses in their brains wired wrong, so all of the senses are mixed up (hence, smelling colours, tasting sounds, and "seeing" a colour when you see a number. There are many different ariations, and not much is actually known about the disease.

Am I right? Thats how it was described in New scientist anyway... Sorry if i got it wrong.

In the case of it being as above, I would *love* to be able to experience that. It sounds incredible smile.gif

I dunno what colour I would be. purple is a good colour.
Enslaved
QUOTE ({Gothic Angel} @ Jun 30 2004, 12:07 AM)
In the case of it being as above, I would *love* to be able to experience that. It sounds incredible smile.gif

Amen, sounds awesome but I'm sure there is a downside to it. So is there some operation u can get where they change the wiring in your brain? laugh.gif
{Gothic Angel}
QUOTE (Enslaved @ Jun 29 2004, 04:12 PM)
Amen, sounds awesome but I'm sure there is a downside to it.

Well... the social stigma for a start tongue.gif
eternallybored
If I were a color I would probably be green, but some would say black and others would say blue.

Fine. I'm brown. My hair is brown, my eyes are brown, and I personally don't think that the color looks that bad. so there.

I'm BROWN!!! YAY!!!
TigerLily013
QUOTE (artist.unknown @ Jun 29 2004, 12:52 AM)
I'd be, er, hooloovoo. *points* Actually, I'm synaesthetic (I see letters and in colour), so if anyone's curious about their name I'd be happy to tell them their colours. The alphabet: now in technicolour!

In case anyone cares, an example: artist.unknown is blue due to the "a", which colours the word as a whole. But the rest of it is dark because of r (maroon-brown) and k (chocolate brown) and t (dark green).

I'm curious to know what my name and username on here would be colour wise.

And obviously you can see my username. wink.gif
Greeneyes
QUOTE (TigerLily013 @ Jun 29 2004, 07:50 PM)
I'm curious to know what my name and username on here would be colour wise.

And obviously you can see my username. wink.gif

Yeah, I 'm kind of curious about it as well. If you don't mind...

gothictheysay
I'm not diagnosed with synesthesia or anything, but I see the name Guy distinctly brown. Feylila, I actually see you as three colors: red, brown, and green. Forever Unknown, you are definitely gray - I had you down since I first saw you post!
Snugglebum the Destroyer
I see myself as a deep red - almost a brown red. But occasionally I see myself as flame red.

Want to offer an opinion Gothictheysay? smile.gif
Forever Unknown
Grey? Why am I grey? Is that bad?
gothictheysay
Snugglebum, I see almost as you do - a dark-toned red or a red-toned deep blue.

Grey? Why am I grey? Is that bad?

I don't know why you're grey. I couldn't see your av for a while, so that made me uncertain and unknowing - grey's a color I associate with that. Plus, you just seem grey. Don't ask me to explain. laugh.gif It's not bad in my mind...
beleraphon
RED
definatly

not that I'm obsessed or anything
*glances at avatar*
artist.unknown
I'm not diagnosed with synesthesia or anything, but I see the name Guy distinctly brown.

You don't have to be diagnosed for it (that required a PET scan, messy messy). You just know it happens or you don't, although every person does to some small degree ("...", he said coldly).

Synaesthetics have the synapses in their brains wired wrong, so all of the senses are mixed up (hence, smelling colours, tasting sounds, and "seeing" a colour when you see a number. There are many different ariations, and not much is actually known about the disease.

You're spot on. During developement, certain synapses aren't properly pruned, leaving things connected that shouldn't be. It's generally hereditary and occurs in roughly 1 in every 1,000 to 10,000 of the population.

Amen, sounds awesome but I'm sure there is a downside to it. So is there some operation u can get where they change the wiring in your brain?

Yes, some drugs cause temporary synaesthesia. Don't use them, it's not worth it. ^^
Greeneyes
Brown? Why am I brown?

*is interested*
Kitty
Iii see myself as like, one of thoes funky hollogram things that are never really a color, just a whole swirly rainbow thing?.... Yea, because I'm normally bright and cheery but I can be pretty dark and secretive.... hmmm....
Forever Unknown
Grey: The most depressing non-colour in the world.

I'm hurt, I really am...

(Not really)
Snugglebum the Destroyer
I'm hurt, I really am...

*huggles*

You'll always be pink to me, sweetie. rolleyes.gif
Kitty
I think grey is a preety color. Its the color of the walls in my room.....
artist.unknown
Well, my word against gothic's, you guys decide whose alphabet is nicer to your name. ^^ Synaethetes rarely see the same colours. Strange, huh?

Forever Unknown- light blue on Forever (although it's sort of dark overall, because the r's are dark velvety maroon and k's are brown like milk chocolate), but "U"s are hard. They're kind of like what sherbet orange would look like if you washed it with bleach (...greyish orange). The N's are orange too.

Greeneyes/Guy: Green I say!! Not because of your u/n, either. ^^ G's are just green to me, kind of grassy and light. Greeneyes is yellow, too, because there are so many e's.

Snugglebum: technicoloury. S's are dark pink, b's are bright, primary blue, d's are bright green. Those are the leters that stand out to me.

Tigerlily/Rebecca: Dark green for Tigerlily, sort of emeraldly but with a softer texture; dark reddish purple for Rebecca, although just plain Becca is powder blue and yellow.

Enslaved: Mellow yellow, like watercolour; but with patches of hard dark colours, because the L is black and the V is dark, heavy violet.

Did I forget anyone? Remind me if I did. It makes me happy to know another person who does this, gothic. ^^
CrazyFooIAintGettinOnNoPlane
I dunno.. I'd like to be orange... cos It's a pretty amazing colour biggrin.gif
What do you think?
Silver Star Angel of Da Towers
I'd probably be a deep red, like a red rose. I also might have a little bit of baby blue and white somewhere in the mix. But I think I'd be red because I am extremely passionate (in good and bad ways). Yup.. that kinda reminds myself of me.
gothictheysay
It makes me happy too - it's very interesting and I feel less insane. I remember asking another forum a while back "Do you ever associate people's names with colors?" and they told me that it was a rare psychological condition (synesthesia). I think it would be really cool, but it's not really a problem for me so I probably don't have such a big case of it or anything. I do do a lot of color associating, though!

I'm sorry, Forever Unknown. I like grey. I also think of grey when I think of AFI, and it's my favorite band, so ner. tongue.gif Just kidding.

Silver, you come off as...well, honestly, some sort of bright silver mixed with gold or yellow. I also somewhat associated a dark moss green with Greeneyes, but I was afraid to admit it. laugh.gif It sort of metamorphesed into brown. I made up a word.

edit: crazymat, just your name brings a slightly dark blue. However, when I think of you and your posts, I get an orangey red.
PsychWardMike
Ooo Ooo! Artist, do me!

Anyway, I tend to think of myself in violets and blacks. I've always thought it a cool blending of the mind (violet) and body (black.) On other days, though, I tend to think of myself in denim blues and leather browns with some black thrown in here and there.

Ah, but generally, I tend to drift towards the former over the latter.
Enslaved
QUOTE (Forever Unknown @ Jun 30 2004, 06:14 AM)
Grey: The most depressing non-colour in the world.

I'm hurt, I really am...

(Not really)

Get over it. Grey is only depressing because thats what you have associated it with. Does a newborn baby think grey is depressing? No! Its just a colour.

Don't become a slave to society.
jicama
i see me as blue. blue is a calm comfy colour, and i like to think that i'm a calm comfy person.

i think jicama looks like a blue name, though i have to say that i see my rl name as red. i guess i'm mildly synaesthetic- when i see names of people or places, especially if i know them, i associate them with a colour. it won't happen all the time though.
{Gothic Angel}
Ooh! ooh!

What color am I then? biggrin.gif

Forever Unknown
Don't become a slave to society.

Yes. I can see how my opinion of the colour grey can be construed as me being as such...

*confuzzled*
lygophilia
Hmm, I think I'd be...black...or blue...or red b/c I'm passionate, like Silver said.

What do you all think?

--Angela
artist.unknown
Ooo Ooo! Artist, do me!

...Mike, you know I love you, but no thanks. ^^

Your name has always been scarlet. It's something about the M. And then even though the K (brown) mellows it out, the I and the E are shades of yellow, making it sort of firey. But definately bright, bloody, primary red.

{Gothic Angel}/Jen: Jen is sort of deep, orangy brown, like the colour of polished hardwood. Jennifer as a whole is lighter because of the F, more sort of airy. Also, because there's two N's, it's more orange.

lygophilia/Angela : lygophilia is black, but with patches of green and orange. Angela is light sky blue.
gothictheysay
Lygophilia is black and purple.

No doubt on Jennifer - red. happy.gif
DoRmAnt
this is all very interesting to me... i remember things better if i can associate it with a color...a color and a smell...even better.

but to pick the color i think of myself as?? well i'm not sure.. you tell me
Feyliya
QUOTE (gothictheysay @ Jun 29 2004, 09:27 PM)
I'm not diagnosed with synesthesia or anything, but I see the name Guy distinctly brown. Feylila, I actually see you as three colors: red, brown, and green. Forever Unknown, you are definitely gray - I had you down since I first saw you post!

Red, brown, and green? Strange. My hair is red, and my eyes are brown and green.

Hmmm...when I take over the world, I think those will be the colors of my flag. tongue.gif
gothictheysay
Dormant - A dark blue and burgundy. Maybe black. I think I thought too hard over that one.

*strokes chin* Thank you for that interesting piece of information, Feyliya! Now if Dormant has blue eyes and black hair...

Do you actually have one brown eye and one green eye? That's terribly interesting! I don't even think I've ever seen something that cool!
DoRmAnt
dark blue, eh? nice...burgundy or black is actually quite accurate...my hair is dyed black and burgundyish...
PsychWardMike
I'm bloody? Huh.

What about my screen name? Or me last name?
kidvicious2punk
i dunno..i get..red

always have

huh.gif

candice is warm and fuzzy and wholsome biggrin.gif so yellow totalllly fits
Feyliya
QUOTE (gothictheysay @ Jul 3 2004, 01:35 AM)
Do you actually have one brown eye and one green eye? That's terribly interesting! I don't even think I've ever seen something that cool!

Actually, my eyes are swirls. They're brown towards the pupil and green towards the outside. Sorta like Riku in FFX, but a LOT more blended. My fiancee calls them my dragon eyes. They run on my mom's side of the family. If you ever see anyone with eyes like that, they're cousins of mine in some way! biggrin.gif
gothictheysay
Actually, my eyes are swirls.

That's even cooler. biggrin.gif

Kidvicious, I get pink from you. You're quite peppy. tongue.gif
the lil' pie fairy
seeing as you guys are at it, could you be really brill and do me as well?

Mutilation
We should all go for Black, for the simple reason Adrian Mole had his walls Black. And Adrian Mole is hilarious. And we should have all been through at least one of his experiences so we can all relate. So I will go for Black.
{Gothic Angel}
QUOTE (Feyliya @ Jul 4 2004, 02:30 AM)
Actually, my eyes are swirls. They're brown towards the pupil and green towards the outside. Sorta like Riku in FFX, but a LOT more blended. My fiancee calls them my dragon eyes. They run on my mom's side of the family. If you ever see anyone with eyes like that, they're cousins of mine in some way! biggrin.gif

Am I related to you? huh.gif

And yeah, what about my screenname tongue.gif
The Tortured Soul
QUOTE ({Gothic Angel} @ Jun 29 2004, 04:07 PM)

i think i might have used 2 have that...

i haven't been sick in awhile so i don't know, but when vomit cam up in my throat and i swalloed it back down, it came up far enough to get the nasty taste but not come in my mouth or for me 2 spit it out... as a little kid when this happend i used 2 think i was coughing up blood coz i used to see the colour red... this hasn't happend for many many years so i can't tell u if it still happends...

i can't think of any other time something has triggered a colour...

oh and like just about every1 else i'd like to know what colour my username appears... another stage name i have is Didge-Jital Torture so if you could tell me the colour of that thanks biggrin.gif

hmmmm as for the normal way of doing this, i have always liked fire, so i kinda see myself as a red... or maybe a purple just coz i really like purple...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.