Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mum
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
Pab
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Jul 21 2004, 03:34 PM)
... and I shall be showing my Mum this thread when I am down south next just to show her how much everyone is rooting for her biggrin.gif

Dear Mrs Pixiegoth (senior),

Please send the little Pixie straight to bed with no dessert. She's a meanie.

Yours appreciatively,

Just Another Victim Of Her Evil Plans
acid_rain_child
Dear Mrs Pixiegoth Senior,

Don't mind Pab. He's the meanie. I think Pixie should get an extra slice of cake tongue.gif

Sincerely,

One of the Warm, Squishy Bodies Trying to Hug Your Daughter

Dear Pixie Jr.,

biggrin.gif That's great news! I'm really glad to hear it, though it stinks that your mom cut off all her hair already sad.gif At least she's getting chemo that won't make her sick, that's very good news as well biggrin.gif
Fallen1015
thats awesome! im happy for you and your mom. smile.gif
Enslaved
*climbs on pile of people just to grope random bodies*

Oh and I'm stoked about the news! That is great. I'm sure your all alot less stressed and your mum can now concentrate on fighting and getting rid of the cancer.

*hugs*
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Pab @ Jul 21 2004, 04:40 PM)
Dear Mrs Pixiegoth (senior),

Please send the little Pixie straight to bed with no dessert. She's a meanie.

Yours appreciatively,

Just Another Victim Of Her Evil Plans

Er perhaps I'd better not show her this thread now. Pab you're the meanie! tongue.gif

Thanks guys! *warm hugs all round*
Pixelgoth
Update...

Mum rang last night as she had her interim tests done yesterday. Her CT count is now down to 56 which is brilliant news! biggrin.gif She needs it to be under 30 to be in remission again. They are continuing the same (1 drug rather than 2) course of chemo for another 2 sessions and then they will test her again. She has her next lots of chemo on Thursday.

Her CT count was over 200 when they started so it looks like the chemo is doing its job. Let's hope that it lasts for another 4+ years again *crosses fingers and all other available limbs* smile.gif

Thanks for all your support guys *hugs*
vicrawr
Hoorah! *hugs* That's wonderful to hear.
Forever Unknown
Good to hear it's going well m'dear.
Mata
I'm really pleased for you all! Yay! This is great news. There's still a little way to go, but she's winning and that's the main thing. Fantastic biggrin.gif
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Mata @ Sep 21 2004, 12:44 PM)
There's still a little way to go, but she's winning and that's the main thing. Fantastic biggrin.gif

Thanks Mata and the rest of ya' motley lot!

I want to get all excited and plan Xmas and the future but these things always have a nasty habit of bitting you in the ar*e when you least expect it rolleyes.gif Ah well, for the moment it's all good biggrin.gif
Ashbless
I'd go ahead and plan it anyway. Gives a bit of hope. Holds up one (or two wink.gif ) finger at adversity and says "I'm here. I'm alive. I'm going to be there to enjoy Christmas."

Something like the woman with cancer who started a garden for the spring and now has a seed swapping program with other survivors. She knew she may not be around to see her garden bloom that first year but she was determined to try.

*hugs your pinkie finger - the only bit sticking out from the pile of hugs*

That's great news about your Mom and long may this good thing continue.
smallcuteanddeadly
*throws in a pile of hugs too*

*is fully aware she doesn't know anyone, but shrugs shoulders and does it anyway*

I'm glad it's all looking good for your mom now PixieGoth.

September is National Ovarian Cancer Month, Childhood Cancer Month, and Gynecologic Cancer Awareness Month.
http://www.acscsn.org/ It's an American site, and I admit to knowing SFA about ovarian cancer, but maybe there's something useful. It also has a forum, which I think somebody mentioned looking for earlier in this thread.

I just want to say something about the "alternative" therapies.

The health practitioners within this range of therapies prefer to call themselves "complementary" therapists. You can have conventional AND complementary treatments simultaneously, provided you tell all health practitioners what the other is doing, and to what end. And there are also a few complementary therapies where you don't have to take any medication, so it won't even have a chance of interfering with your conventional medicines; I'm thinking of Reiki, Spiritual healing, Acupuncture, Acupressure, Shiatsu and many others. Many of which get dismissed as mumbo jumbo, but have actually been scientifically proven. http://www.parama.com/ is run by two scientists who decided to proveor disprove many such therapies.

I had ME in my teens and no conventional doctors could help me. They could relieve some of the symptoms, but couldn't actually solve it. Just stuck me on anti depressents and epilepsy medication (long story - don't ask). I then got treated with Reiki, which is a hands-on healing type of therapy. You just lie there for an hour every week and the practitioner does the rest. The difference was instant. I realise ME and cancer are nowhere near the same, but I just thought I'd share this to illustrate what I meant. Main point being these complementary therapies are designed to work alongside conventional medicine, not as an alternative.

*removes self from pile and goes back to crossing fingers*
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (smallcuteanddeadly @ Sep 21 2004, 02:49 PM)
Main point being these complementary therapies are designed to work alongside conventional medicine, not as an alternative.

Yeah good point. I told my Mum she should try complementary therapies to ease the sickness caused, like Acupuncture and drinking or chewing ginger (which she does) smile.gif

On a side note I tried Hopi Ear Candling this weekend. Didn't clear my wax (as I'm still deaf in my left ear) but it was a nice relaxing experience. Not worth £30 though so I don't think I'd do it again.
Cath Sparrow
That's really fab news Pixie and I'll keep my fingers cross for you that'll it'll carry on being great as I'm sure it will. *crosses fingers and jumps on hug pile*
Mata
Chewing ginger sounds yummy! Although I'm not so convinced about the sound of sticking candles in your ear... What's the theory behind that one?
Enslaved
Glad to hear the news about your mum, Sam! Although I wouldn't expect any less with all of us crossing our fingers and hoping she gets better.

As for the ear candles, I've had it done before, it didn't help my hearing (although I think I've permanently damaged my hearing from years of loud music) but it did clear the wax. They actually cut the candle open and you could see all the wax it sucked out.
Pixelgoth
Hopi Ear Candling

For those of you that don't know anything about it and want more information smile.gif
the lil' pie fairy
QUOTE (Enslaved @ Sep 22 2004, 05:30 AM)
As for the ear candles, I've had it done before, it didn't help my hearing (although I think I've permanently damaged my hearing from years of loud music) but it did clear the wax. They actually cut the candle open and you could see all the wax it sucked out.

I could do with that...music has destroyed my hearing too...

[/spam]

Immense yay-ish-ness about your mum! It's brilliant she's doing well biggrin.gif *jumps on hug pile and falls off as is so big, so starts rearranging bodies*
Hobbes
Only just viewed this thread for the first time.

Great news about your mother's results, PixieGoth. I hope things keep improving!

I know to an extent what you are going through; my mother was also diagnosed with ovarian cancer, April 2003.

*crosses fingers*
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Hobbes @ Sep 24 2004, 12:23 PM)
Only just viewed this thread for the first time.

Great news about your mother's results, PixieGoth. I hope things keep improving!

I know to an extent what you are going through; my mother was also diagnosed with ovarian cancer, April 2003.

*crosses fingers*

Thanks and you have my thoughts smile.gif If you ever need to talk about it... smile.gif
Jaq
I'm glad to hear your mum's doing better Pixie. It can be really hard when a parent's sick. *hugs*
Hobbes
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Sep 24 2004, 12:33 PM)
Thanks and you have my thoughts smile.gif  If you ever need to talk about it... smile.gif

thank you
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.