Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cartooning Boredom
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Creations
The Lorax

Anyone know who this is? ^_~ (if you look from this to the pic in the family album...it's strikingly similar...O.o)

I was looking through the album and I decided to use the Matazone family to practice my cartooning---and so this is my first picture...

Oh, and, who volunteers to be next?
gothictheysay
Ooh Mommy likes biggrin.gif biggrin.gif My only peeve is the chin line, I think it should be the same darkness and thickness as the other lines but it's your style!

You could do me next if you really want to tongue.gif
The Lorax
The thick black line I save for the outline...but yes i see your point Mommy Dearest.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Surely that's Mr Teapot?
Greeneyes
QUOTE (The Lorax @ Jul 7 2004, 07:22 PM)
The thick black line I save for the outline...but yes i see your point Mommy Dearest.

Yeah, I don't mean to pick, but i agree. The chin is kind of an outline though, as it is the edge of the body, it's just that theres more body behind it.
The Lorax
*DING DING DING* You sunk my battle ship. --Yes, Snuggle, it is Mr Teapot. Who else has that hat in the album?

The whole reason for doing it WAS indeed the hat...because it's shibby like that!

---

Greeneyes, that was the first pic in that style--so i'll try it a different way and see which I like more...
gothictheysay
Where is MrTeapot? I miss him...

But Keep up the good work my dearest. wub.gif
acid_rain_child
I miss Mr. Teapot too... where did he go off to?

*Just looked at album*

My god. I'm shocked. When you finally see pictures of these people you've been talking to all this time, it's a bit stifling. laugh.gif So I get to Mata's, and I'm expecting a nice picture or something, nothing too bad, I've seen him before, I know what to expect. I gasped. Freaked me out for a good couple seconds.

*Is finally realizing that everyone here is real blink.gif *
Snugglebum the Destroyer
I think it's nice to be able to put a face to a name.

I have to admit that a lot of people on there don't look anything like I thought they would. wink.gif
The Lorax
I dunno...he was shibby...*tear*
sjbbandgeek
I really need to keep better track of my noobs.
The Lorax
I present to you: Acid Rain Child-

--the avitar
gothictheysay
Yay! I like. I was looking for something to critique, but I couldn't really find anything unless you wanted to make both sides of the shirt collar the same.

Otherwise, good job. Also I just noticed - no noses on your style! That's quite interesting because your faces never seem distorted happy.gif
The Lorax
Yeah the shirt collar....it bugs me too...but i made it all into one layer--so i can't change it now...*sigh* oh well... hope she likes it! happy.gif

Ahh--yes no noses...i tried a few with noses, it didn't fit...so yea, no noses! dry.gif
but they're pretty darn spiffy anyway...in my opinion...
{Gothic Angel}
Ooh! Ooh! Do me! biggrin.gif
acid_rain_child
*Shivers in happiness* Oh my god, Lorax! That's amazing! You even did the shirt right! Wow... and my hair looks just like that! tongue.gif Oh, 'cept I don't have bangs, it's all one length, but it's shaggy and flippy like that. Ooo, but that one eye does look a little white-ish and weird...

ph34r.gif Can you see me from the other side of the computer screen? ph34r.gif
The Lorax
The World will NEVER know biggrin.gif tongue.gif rolleyes.gif

Alright Angel(remembered) I'll get crackin!

EDIT: DONE!

--and the Avi

biggrin.gif hope you like
acid_rain_child
That looks really good Lorax! You do such a good job! Is it hard? It looks hard.
gothictheysay
Yeah! Wow, how long do they take? I love 'em happy.gif
The Lorax
How Long you ask? Well less than thirty minutes my good people

Others: *gasp* ohmy.gif thirty minutes?!

Yes--it's amazing what you can accomplish with such a good looking bunch!

Other: *blush*

---
back to reality now... tongue.gif It really does only take thirty minutes...I do an outline with basic shapes--then i make a layer over that and do the black outlines, and then I do the coloring and condence the layers into one...cut out part of the picture and make the avitar-save and uplad them to photobucket.

So really it's not that hard! I do anime and stuff too... among other stuff--some of which is on my site on deviant art... http://www.detestablebutterfly.deviantart.com

...so yes...
Greeneyes
Hehehehe. Funny. I think she has green eyes though.
The Lorax
If she does--I couldn't tell--the pic wasn't that...ahem...colorful! happy.gif so my apologies! sad.gif

---
One of the Anime Pictures I've done--

was supposed to be a header for my xanga...but it didn't work...pretty anyway! happy.gif
{Gothic Angel}
QUOTE (The Lorax @ Jul 9 2004, 09:20 PM)
Alright Angel(remembered) I'll get crackin!

biggrin.gif Yay! Thats awesome *rushes off to change Av*

And yeah Greeneyes is right I do have green/blue eyes, but its not that big a deal tongue.gif
The Lorax
I-*sniff*-couldn't-*sniff*-tell-*cry* sad.gif
{Gothic Angel}
QUOTE (The Lorax @ Jul 12 2004, 08:50 PM)
I-*sniff*-couldn't-*sniff*-tell-*cry* sad.gif

Awww it's ok. Ignore greeneyes. He's mean,.
The Lorax
biggrin.gif Naw---Greeneyes is shibby. It's all good in the metephorical hood.
{Gothic Angel}
Hehe biggrin.gif gd gd

*whispers* When I get my digicam I'll take it into school and get ya some pics of him
The Lorax
QUOTE ({Gothic Angel} @ Jul 13 2004, 06:08 AM)
Hehe biggrin.gif gd gd

*whispers* When I get my digicam I'll take it into school and get ya some pics of him

*whispers back* Gothic, you are an Angel* ....thanks, and when I get em, fun will be had by all wink.gif

*rubs hands in an evil mastermindish way thinking of all the things she could do to the photos--and cartoons made from the photos*

*oh look a pun! tongue.gif
Greeneyes
QUOTE (The Lorax @ Jul 14 2004, 08:13 PM)
QUOTE ({Gothic Angel} @ Jul 13 2004, 06:08 AM)
Hehe biggrin.gif gd gd

*whispers back* Gothic, you are an Angel* ....thanks, and when I get em, fun will be had by all wink.gif

*rubs hands in an evil mastermindish way thinking of all the things she could do to the photos--and cartoons made from the photos*

I wasn't insulting your art, I was just saying, that's all sad.gif

And there's not gonna be any photos. Not of me anyway. tongue.gif
The Lorax
QUOTE (Greeneyes @ Jul 14 2004, 01:40 PM)
I wasn't insulting your art, I was just saying, that's all sad.gif

And there's not gonna be any photos. Not of me anyway. tongue.gif

Awww I know! biggrin.gif *hugs* we love to kid, 's okie....

...and yes there WILL be photos...lots and lots of photos... laugh.gif
Greeneyes
QUOTE (The Lorax @ Jul 14 2004, 11:49 PM)
...and yes there WILL be photos...lots and lots of photos... laugh.gif

I think not. Hey...plotting my demise? That can't be good...
The Lorax
Course not...but as long as I promise to be gentle It could be rather enjoyable! rolleyes.gif

---
*whispers* Angel, we need to plot something on IM...yup yup tongue.gif
Greeneyes
Enjoyable for who?

</suspicion>
The Lorax
Depends--*snaps laytex glove* Do you feel lucky? ph34r.gif
{Gothic Angel}
Oooh... I heard latex...

Guy, honey... Come here a sec... *looks angelic*
The Lorax
Any toys you want, there Angel? ...I've got some gloves, a whip, some motion lotion--cause it tastes good....ooo and one of thoes little things that pop when you push em! happy.gif
{Gothic Angel}
A poppy thing! I want a poppy thing! biggrin.gif
The Lorax
*hands Angel a poppy thing* happy.gif thar ya go
{Gothic Angel}
Muahahahaha! now to conceive a fiendish plot detailing how to bring about the demise of Greeneyes.... with.... A POPPY THING! MUAHAHAHA! evil.gif

.....3 hours later....

I'm stumped. Lets just go out for chinese instead.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.