Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Manchester Bash
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Industrial Kybosh
The decision has been made - the bash will take place during the first Saturday of the month of September, being the 4th of that month, in Manchester.

As many of you know, we have been looking into booking out a hotel for us to take over and destroy (read: party in like fools). This is the plan, and many thanks to Spacehappy for investigating accomodation possibles.

So here's the thing. I need you all to put your names down here to say you definitely will be there. The event relies on us having enough people interested. If the number drops below ten or so, then we may have to simply consider a quiet pint somewhere as opposed to a fully-fledged basherooney.

So, put down your name, and the names of any people you want to bring along with you. If you need someone's mobile number for the event - just in case, say, you get lost - then say so. Most of the people here would be willing to let you have theirs, and it would be wise to have a network of communication in case things go awry.

Lastly, after you have put down your name, state how many people will be coming, from the top of the thread up to and including yourself. This will help us keep tabs on just how the numbers are fleshing out.

One final reminder that this event will be built around the premise of being old enough to drink booze, so under-18s should think long and hard before putting down their names. Sorry, but that's the way the law doth swing - we don't want any trouble that may result in us being turfed out of our hotel.

All that said, I finish with this:

I am InKy, also known as Mike. I will be there.

One person is coming
Spacehappy
I am Spacehappy Aka Pete

Two people will be attending.
CommieBastard
CommieBastard, a.k.a SeŠn, will, barring unforeseen complications, be coming.

And then there were three.
Polocrunch
I, Alex, do take this Bash to be my lawfully wedded wife.

Which, according to my calculations, makes four.
Mata
I'll be there, so that's five.

Sues has yet to be able to say for sure. I'll add her on at a later date when I've got a definite yay or nay.
Cath Sparrow
Cath Here! also know as Cath (Mata do you think you can remeber this time tongue.gif )

That would add up to SIX

Will let Queenie know and get back to you.
Forever Unknown
I've been instructed to be coming with Snuggles. I'm God Kim.

So that would be seven (eight, including Snuggles).
hinsley
Im coming if i can find someone to get me there, or i find out how i get there on a train.

so thats nine (including snuggles, eight if not)
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
I'm Snoo, I'd quite like to come if that's alright with everyone.

that would make ten (inc snuggles)
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Snuggles AKA Michelle.

That's definately ten.

(Hins - if you can get to Chippenham, I'll plan the route from here and then you won't need to worry biggrin.gif )
Cath Sparrow
Spoke to Queenie she's up for it so

Queenie aka Lea

and now were at eleven
Sir Psycho Sexy
how could i not? i couldn't!!! so i will! tongue.gif

SPS or Pat....Paddy, Patch and more recently, Pip (for some reason)

that makes 12
WeeJ
Mat an I. We're going to try our best and come along, but we may well end up being a bit skint as the weekend in question is a week before we go away to Alton Towers with some mates. Plus, as I've mentioned somewhere before, we both have stuff to pay for unsure.gif

That makes fourteen
WeeJ
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Jul 12 2004, 08:46 PM)
Mat an I. We're going to try our best and come along, but we may well end up being a bit skint as the weekend in question is a week before we go away to Alton Towers with some mates. Plus, as I've mentioned somewhere before, we both have stuff to pay for unsure.gif

That makes thirteen

Errr....

12+2 = 13?!

Mat here. WeeJ Can't add.
Daedalus
I'm Daedalus aka Dan

Finances allowing, I'll be going with the snoo.

That makes fifteen
Mata
Sues has booked the weekend off of work, so now we're on sixteen.
Pixelgoth
I'm sorry I guys but I simply can't promise anything at the moment sad.gif I need to be available and can't afford to shell out for expensive weekends only to have to cancel them at the last minute. If I'd be allowed to decide at the end of August (after Mum's first chemo session) then that would be better for me but I'll understand if you can't arrange things that late. It'll have to be a no.
mooooooooooopo
I'm moop aka Ste and I will be going if everyone promises not to eat me.

*taps away on a calculator*

Ah yes, seventeen
Spacehappy
*sigh* I'll start emailing more hotels the limit has been reached with more expected to come. I'll try and find a 15-20 room hotel. (i found a 22 but the rooms are 30quid a pop and no bar (great location though)). wink.gif
Mr Fuzzy
I suppose it's really time for me to make my mark in this thread.

I answer to a broad range of names as long as I notice.

My inclusion brings the total to twelvety eighteen.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
I'll try and find a 15-20 room hotel.

Have you taken into account the amount of people who will be sharing?

(don't want to sound patronising - I'm sure you have rolleyes.gif )
Forever Unknown
We're having an orgy with Mr Fuzzy, aren't we Snugs?

I've heard he's been practicing heckling in his sleep...
Snugglebum the Destroyer

That was the plan. Being co - founder of his cult and all I believe that I'm first in line to mother his babies. wink.gif

'Course, if he's too chicken - shit... tongue.gif
Spacehappy
QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Jul 13 2004, 09:30 PM)
I'll try and find a 15-20 room hotel.

Have you taken into account the amount of people who will be sharing?

(don't want to sound patronising - I'm sure you have rolleyes.gif )

Last hotel was 10 rooms 16 ppl, more if we triple up. But some people will not be at ease sharing with total strangers, espcially drunk ones.
Mata
I doubt Sues would be too happy sharing with other people. She's funny about that kind of thing, so we'll be needing a double.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Mata @ Jul 14 2004, 01:39 AM)
I doubt Sues would be too happy sharing with other people. She's funny about that kind of thing, so we'll be needing a double.

I would only want a double too. Assuming I'm actually coming, which I can't decide yet sad.gif Bottoms sad.gif

If you need to get final numbers before end of August then you'll have to book the rooms without me and Ed or alternatively book them with us if you think you can find someone to fill the spaces without any troubles should I need to cancel at the last minute?
Mr Fuzzy
QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Jul 13 2004, 11:35 PM)

That was the plan. Being co - founder of his cult and all I believe that I'm first in line to mother his babies. wink.gif

'Course, if he's too chicken - shit... tongue.gif

I'm sure there's a correct response when orgies are suggested. Ah yes, I remember now.

Wahey! biggrin.gif
Cath Sparrow
Does that mean I'm next in line being the other founber of the cult?? dry.gif

I'm fine with sharing me and Queenie will be any way but I doubt if she'd mind another body in the room and I don't.
WeeJ
I too would be ok sharing a room with Lea, as long as she didn't mind Mat being there too unsure.gif
Forever Unknown
I'm afraid I saw Mr Fuzzy first. Back off, or I'll slap yer both with a haddock.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
*Brandishes cod fillet, frozen*

Mwahahahahahaha!!

(who'd thought it, bitch fights over Mr Fuzzy wink.gif )
Forever Unknown
*holds aloft swordfish*

I will crush you like a bug!
froggle-rock
I'm up for it, dont mind sharing a room, not a bed though.

have y'all thought about renting out a hostel. I stayed in a 20 bed hostel (yha) in the Peak Distric over Christmas, for 5 night and it worked out at 45 squid p/p for the 5 nights. sharing cooking duties etc. just a thought. biggrin.gif

19 smiles
Cath Sparrow
Hostels = no bar
Bar = MUST!!!
Forever Unknown
I agree. You can't deprive me of getting drunk and making a complete tit of myself.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
I agree. You can't deprive me of getting drunk and making a complete tit of myself.

Ditto - I make a very good job of being the other tit. wink.gif
hinsley
Eep! I'm not the only one that doesnt drink am i???

I think i might gie in and drink anyway. im sure my boss wont mind me having an extra week off biggrin.gif ph34r.gif

dont suppose theres any chance of having a double room to myself is there?
well, you dont get what you dont ask for. (now yes, thats a lie. you do but whatever)
froggle-rock
if we rent out a hostel, surley we can bring our own booze? dry.gif
Forever Unknown
I'm not sure how kindly hostels will look upon many a drunken person running around...? I don't know.
froggle-rock
hmm, fair snuff. I guess it deopends if we could book a hostel without any residant hostel staff? *is off to look at the yha site*
Pixelgoth
Not sure I like the sound of a hostel but it really does depend on what they offer compared to a hotel. I think Spacehappy has enough on his hands trying to find hotels without throwing hostels into the mix! biggrin.gif

Also, what if we want some privacy. I might be wrong but I thought hostels were all about the massive dorm thing and if someone wants a single or double room to themselves that might cause a problem?

Still not sure I can come (still not sure anyone cares sad.gif) so I'll keep my mouth shut tongue.gif
Mata
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Jul 16 2004, 01:32 PM)
Still not sure I can come (still not sure anyone cares sad.gif) so I'll keep my mouth shut tongue.gif

Yes we do care smile.gif

And with me and Funk there, I expect the evening may well degenerate into juggling at some point too.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Mata @ Jul 16 2004, 02:17 PM)
Yes we do care smile.gif

Thanks smile.gif

I think it's best to presume not for now. Not wanting to be pessimistic or anything but I don't want to run the risk of a group booking that I can't pay for and you lot having to foot the bill.

If me and Ed can make it we'll just turn up for the day and either get our own hotel or leave earlier and use the train. We'd only be coming from Warrington anyway.
Spacehappy
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Jul 19 2004, 01:41 PM)
I don't want to run the risk of a group booking that I can't pay for and you lot having to foot the bill.

Ok as on the subject of hotels, as there are 18 confirmed bookings which may drop to 16 if Pixie and partner can't make it, we can stick to the orginal Hotel which means 2 people in twin/double rooms will have to share with a 3rd. If Pixie plus can't turn up the 2 ppl in tripling up get a twin to share.

As for deposit if people can PM me with what days they are coming up for i can get a fiqure of how many of us are staying and on which nights.

I.e ..... I'm coming up on the Friday night so i need a room Friday/saturday going home sunday. So 2 nights for me with days.

If people can PM with those types of details that will be great. I will unless other people start screaming they want to join (PAB/TARANTIO, im looking at you). Book this hotel http://reservations.bookhostels.com/kasbah...stelNumber=3355

I am looking to get this all sorted by the 1st week of August so can we all please let me know days and who you are sharing with, and who you are ready to triple up with if it comes to that. If we can get this done on that deadline then i will pay the deposit myself, for all of us. Then we can sort the bill out at the meet. (i still have to beg them to extend the bar times). wink.gif
Pab
Right, well for now I'll have to say I ain't gonna make it, because I'm skint and it's not going to get better by then ... Should a miracle happen, I'll do a Pixie and just turn up and fend for myself regarding hotels and stuff ... sad.gif
WeeJ
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Jul 19 2004, 01:41 PM)
QUOTE (Mata @ Jul 16 2004, 02:17 PM)
Yes we do care smile.gif

Ditto. Sam, it wouldn't be fun without you sad.gif
Faerieryn
I wanna come too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! provided I can get the money together (how much are we talking about guys have i missed it during the thread?) I should definitely be there as I will soon have ALL MY WEEKENDS FREEEEEEEEEE (except for crap loads of marking... wait a minute thats the first week in.... I WILL HAVE NO MARKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) PLease please please can I come?
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Pab @ Jul 19 2004, 06:14 PM)
Right, well for now I'll have to say I ain't gonna make it, because I'm skint and it's not going to get better by then ... Should a miracle happen, I'll do a Pixie and just turn up and fend for myself regarding hotels and stuff ... sad.gif

Well that settles it, if Pab ain't going, I ain't going!! laugh.gif

Thank guys but I think (like I said) it'll have to be a no for now. I don't know if I'll be able to make it and I'd rather not shell out for a deposit and then have to get the money back from other people who are covering me. Sorry but that's why I said I'd say no and then organise myself should me and Ed have the time to get there.
Spacehappy
Well now i'm peed off to post this, i have tried to book 4 hotels now to be told that there is no way we can book the hotel as we are all "swingers". I'm getting annoyed at all the frustrated little manchester boys, having delusions of this.

/End Rant.

Ok after that an edit.

http://www.1aaccommodations.fsnet.co.uk/manchester2.htm

Has 16 rooms will only let 12 rooms to us ................BUT the bar will stay open until 2am on the Saturday night. Please add £5.00 to the price of the rooms, as the web site is out of date. This includes B&B and is Per Room not person. The single rooms are twin let out to singles.

Ok it's currently free for that weekend, i really need people to pm me with details of nights wanted and who they are sharing with.
froggle-rock
'swingers' as in swaping partners in bed?

p'char.

/edit:

I did cheak out the yha site, and the hostel in Manchester is huge, with no 'book entire' hostel option.

Mata:

And with me and Funk there, I expect the evening may well degenerate into juggling at some point too.

My dear man, juggler I am not, more a spectator. tongue.gif

Spacehappy, could you possibly let me know who else will be travelling up to Mancs from London on the Friday? -closer to the date. That way I can have some one prod me awake, when I fall aslepp dribbling. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.