Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Manchester Bash
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Make what you want of that 

I've made all sorts... wink.gif

One was a rabbit - I've said too much...

(mmmm, goatee goodness)
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Jul 30 2004, 12:23 AM)
And just so I don't get accused of spam -

*hits Snugglebum round the head with tin of spam*

SPAM! laugh.gif

I really hope I can make it to this one guys as you lot have been so supportive to me over the past year smile.gif

I wub.gif you guys

*walks away muttering about having something in my eye*
Sir Psycho Sexy
I'm still umming and ahhing about this, on the one hand, I want to come and if i didn't it would break my so far flawless record of being at EVERY single official matameet to date, unfortunately its the weekend after mine and my mothers birthday, which shouldn't be too much of a problem but it could be a close call, the other factor here is money, the train fare isn't going to be too much....ok, who am i kidding, its not gonna cost be bugger all, but the hotel is an unknown right now, I don't remember seeing a price while idly watching this thread, i'm well and truely into my overdraft still thanks to my jaunt to the US, though getting a job isn't hard I seem to have gotten myself involved in two large upcoming bike shows by the names of Bulldog Bash and The Pissed Indian which take up a good 5 days each but has given me an idea for a possible matameet as they're cheaper than reading and glastonbury and involve naked women under the pretence of a wet t-shirt competition......

anyway, where was I, oh yeah, I need to do some sorting out of whats happening with family and possibly earning some folding, but if all goes well, 'bosh, i'll share a room with you if you're still interested/desperate
Spacehappy
http://reservations.bookhostels.com/kasbah...stelNumber=3355

Ok i found this place they have 10 rooms and can accomidate 16 people, but they will stetch to more (3 people sharing) Bar is open to 11pm but longer for the right group  price is 23.00pp per night and thats B&B. i have a contact number for them and a name. They are currently free for that entire weekend.

Just for Sps tongue.gif
Spacehappy
Ok rooms are booked and Pm's have been issued. If anyone else wants in please PM me and i will sort it out.
froggle-rock
SpaceHappy, is this the hotel you booked?

Frog
Spacehappy
QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ Aug 2 2004, 11:00 PM)
SpaceHappy, is this the hotel you booked?

Frog

Yes
Mr Fuzzy
Get to bed you mad Welsh geezer! Oh, and do add me to the list. I'm definitely coming on the Saturday, it's just the Friday that's in question.
Industrial Kybosh
Hoorah! It's all going swimmingly! And I've barely lifted a finger!

I do hope you can make it along to the meet, Pixie. Since I escaped from Warrington, I've barely seen you at all. I need my Sam fix!

Do we have a full list of who's coming, Spacehappy? It'd be nice to know who my drinking buddies will be.
Spacehappy
Cath coming up Saturday only.
Queenie coming up Saturday only.
Faerieryn coming up Saturday only.

Forever Unknown coming up Friday and Saturday
Snugglebum the Destroyer coming up Friday and Saturday.

Spacehappy Coming Up Friday and Saturday.

Mata and Sues (Mata's Partner) Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Funked)out_frog coming up Friday and Saturday.

Industrial Kybosh coming up Saturday.

Mr Fuzzy coming up Saturday.

Full list update, deposits for everyone have been paid. Six rooms booked with a futher four rooms left, a mix of twins and singles. If anyone wants in just let me know.
Industrial Kybosh
Excellent. A nice mix of new and familiar faces. Can't wait. wink.gif
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Aug 8 2004, 10:46 AM)
Hoorah!  It's all going swimmingly!  And I've barely lifted a finger!

I do hope you can make it along to the meet, Pixie.  Since I escaped from Warrington, I've barely seen you at all.  I need my Sam fix!

There is nothing stopping you getting your arse to Warrington any weekend! tongue.gif
Queenie
I'm so excited!! Cheers to Cath for keeping me up to date and Space for sorting all this out!! Think we better not have another beer fight tho Space... especially not in the hotel!! Maybe outside?! laugh.gif
Spacehappy
QUOTE (Queenie @ Aug 12 2004, 01:43 PM)
Think we better not have another beer fight tho Space... especially not in the hotel!! Maybe outside?! laugh.gif

Nope Mata told me off last time and called me " The Aggressive Welshman" so i'll be on (semi) good behaviour this time. wink.gif
Cath Sparrow
Us Beer fight! Would we do a thing like that???? tongue.gif I'm innocent I tell you!
Faerieryn
Looks like I will be coming down on the friday night too guys. Please rememebr this is one of the few times that I will be far enough away from school to act like a me and not like a respectable member of society.... so beware!!!!!!
I remember someone saying they were going up on the friday night from London. As that is also me do you fancy meeting up?
Spacehappy
As of now i'm not here until late next Sunday, if anyone needs anything changed it's to late. See you all soon, i'm off to Smelly Kent. dry.gif
Mr Fuzzy
Bah, it wasn't smelly before but it is now. tongue.gif Nyer nyer!
froggle-rock
Dear all,
my friend has now decided that she may come to the meet if she can sort out her finances. I told her I'd see if the hotel has any more rooms left. I looked at link two, and there is no more 'internet' booking avaliable. but link two is the older link to be written in the forum, wheras link one was the last that Spacehappy conformed as being the hotel booked.

This link (no#1) does not work: http://reservations.bookhostels.com/kasbah...stelNumber=3355

This link (no#2) does work: http://reservations.bookhostels.com/kasbah...stelNumber=3355

I'm off to try and find the telepohone number for the Elton Bank Hotel (the one I'm pretty sure Spacehappy booked).

/edit: My friend is no longer coming. I spoke to the receptionist at the hotel, who informed me that the booking in time is about 11:30am - 12 noon. I told her I'd be getting there quite late, and she said that that latest booking in is 11pm, and that I should ring and let them know if I'm coming that late. erm.

the details are:
Elton Bank Hotel
62, Platt Lane Fallowfield
Manchester Lancashire M14 5NE
Tel: 0161 224 6449

I don't mean to be treading on Space Happy's feet here, but thought I would post this stuff, seeing as I had to find it out any way.
Mr Fuzzy
Just to give you all The Fear™ I should give a warning that I plan to bring my amazing telescopic fork. None are safe.
Cath Sparrow
Please dont let Lea have it!!!!! ph34r.gif
froggle-rock
Hey all, Faerieryn and I will be travelling from London on the Friday, mid afternoon-ish. so if any one else is then let us know smile.gif
froggle-rock
Hey all, Faerieryn and I will be travelling from London on the Friday, mid afternoon-ish. so if any one else is then let us know smile.gif
Cath Sparrow
Well if she wants me to meet she'd better tell me when she's getting to Manc! (Ryn that is!) tongue.gif

Actually thats a point seeing as I sort of know the place any of you coming up on Friday wants me to meet them let me know. I wont be able to get there till the afternoon as I'm probably working in the morning but can get there about 2:30/ 3ish give or take 1/2 an hour or so.
Faerieryn
I'm gonna be a late night arrival unfortunately but I WILL BE THERE!!!!!!
Spacehappy
http://reservations.bookhostels.com/kasbah...stelNumber=3355[/url]

I'm off to try and find the telepohone number for the Elton Bank Hotel (the one I'm pretty sure Spacehappy booked).

The details are:
Elton Bank Hotel
62, Platt Lane Fallowfield
Manchester Lancashire M14 5NE
Tel: 0161 224 6449

I don't mean to be treading on Space Happy's feet here, but thought I would post this stuff, seeing as I had to find it out any way.

Yep that's the hotel we are staying in if you ask for Jamie, she will be able to help you out. There are still rooms left if anyone wants to book.
Spacehappy
Cath came up with a good question, car parking. There is a car park on site that can hold 15-20 cars, depends on how bad you are at parking, get there before Cath, as she can easily take up that space on her own. wink.gif
Mata
I've booked the train tickets for Sues and I today. Manchester is far too far away, it cost a fortune!

We'll be travlling up leaving Winchester at 13:28 on Friday and arriving at 18:29.
Forever Unknown
We'll be travlling up leaving Winchester at 13:28 on Friday and arriving at 18:29.

This, I assume, is what Snugs and I will also be doing. But I don't think we've booked tickets yet. I don't think we've heard from Hinsley either. To be quite honest, I've no idea at all.
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (Spacehappy @ Aug 23 2004, 05:17 PM)
Cath came up with a good question, car parking. There is a car park on site that can hold 15-20 cars, depends on how bad you are at parking, get there before Cath, as she can easily take up that space on her own.  wink.gif

You know that drink I just said I owe you well the offer has been taken back!! mad.gif tongue.gif
Spacehappy
QUOTE (Mata @ Aug 23 2004, 05:12 PM)
I've booked the train tickets for Sues and I today. Manchester is far too far away, it cost a fortune!

Yep know that feeling i booked mine 2 weeks ago, and they still cost me £48.00 return, and that's with no seat reservations!. mad.gif
Snugglebum the Destroyer
This, I assume, is what Snugs and I will also be doing. But I don't think we've booked tickets yet. I don't think we've heard from Hinsley either. To be quite honest, I've no idea at all.

I'd like to pre - book tickets but I'm disgustingly skint at present. Any chance Mum could help us FU? Just to pre - book, I can give her the cash when I get over to yours Thursday night?

Hinsley seems to have fallen off the edge of the world recently. I got someone to text her for me a couple of weeks ago but no reply.
Mata
It seems tickets are generally around £45 from most sensible parts of the country. Then again, mine cost that and I get a third off with my railcard...
Polocrunch
It seems tickets are generally around £45 from most sensible parts of the country.

Where exactly are the sensible parts? Was that a slur against the UK's extremities? tongue.gif

*Digs into pockets* Ugh, this is going to cost a bomb. Oh well, anything for Matazone!
Snugglebum the Destroyer
£45 from most sensible parts of the country.

Yeah - you can double that and you've pretty much got the cost of our tickets. dry.gif
Mata
QUOTE (Polocrunch @ Aug 24 2004, 05:45 AM)
It seems tickets are generally around £45 from most sensible parts of the country.

Where exactly are the sensible parts? Was that a slur against the UK's extremities? tongue.gif

I was wondering if anyone would notice biggrin.gif although it was more of a slur in the north v.s south grand old tradition of British humour than against the extremities.
Spacehappy
Read this it explains why we are not getting cheap tickets even though we are booking well ahead of time.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1230345,00.html

From todays Times.
Cath Sparrow
*cath isn't going to say anything about it being cheaper to go from north to south! or about cars* tongue.gif
Mata
QUOTE (Spacehappy @ Aug 24 2004, 04:06 PM)
Read this it explains why we are not getting cheap tickets even though we are booking well ahead of time.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1230345,00.html

From todays Times.

Yes I saw that myself, I was particularly amused by the way that they used Manchester as an example. I was certianly hoping for a ticket around the £25 mark, rather than about £45+ each. Ho hum. It's nice to know that I didn't have unrealistic expectations after all.

Anyway Cath, a car would work out a lot more expensive for me, what with insurance, buying a car, maintenance, petrol, and parking. Not to mention that I'd need a few lessons and a test. Oh, and once I owned one Sues would want me to drive her places where we'd just end up spending a lot more money! wink.gif
Polocrunch
Posted on Commie's behalf:

Guys, I'm not going to be able to make it. A combination of money issues and things that really do need to get done, and by me, have pretty much made it impossible. Have a great time, everyone - particularly MiKe.

-Seán.

Which means I also won't be coming, seeing as it means spending hours and hours alone on the train. Also, I'm not a very confident person, so it's no show without someone I know well.

Sorry as well,

Alex
Spacehappy
So that's Polo, Commie and possibly Sps too not coming, damn you lot will be missed. sad.gif
froggle-rock
Oh no, you should come. I've never attended a meet up before. I dont actually know anyone here, well I meet Mata once a few years ago, and briefly Jon Man and Sues. but your all be new to me.

I'm gonna bring a couple of books, just incase I decide I'd like a read.
Mata
Sean and Alex, 'sorry to hear you won't be there. What's this about SPS possibly not being there?

Mahri, you'll be fine. They're a nice bunch, we'll have beers and giggles.
Sir Psycho Sexy
It's all a question of money, while technically, I can afford to go seeing as train fare is free for me (yes yes, I'm a bastard) my overdraft is rather whopping at the moment (not to mention the £180 sitting my credit card still) and while I'm working I'd really like to pay off as much overdraft as is humanly possible and considering the week before the bash is mine AND my mothers birthday I can see me going back to university with a rather substancial lack of folding, still, that said, it is my birthday next week and I might get some money, my mum said she might give me some money so I could attend the meet (bless her, I think she likes you) AAAAND i couldn't very well put a blemish on my unrivaled 100% of matameets attended, I'll sleep on it, the other major problem is the lack of sleeping arrangments on my part because I didn't get my finger out sooner, being all indecisive and what have you, if i am coming, it will only be for the saturday evening as i have to work on friday....unless i leave after work on friday....hmmm...choices choices....

opinions please tongue.gif
Mr Fuzzy
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Aug 28 2004, 02:03 AM)
My mum said she might give me some money so I could attend the meet (bless her, I think she likes you).

Either that or she'll go to great lengths to get rid of you. tongue.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
not quite what i wanted your opinion on fuzzy, but top marks for effort tongue.gif
Spacehappy
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Aug 28 2004, 01:03 AM)
opinions please tongue.gif

Show up you lazy student git, i've never seen a poor student in my life!!!!, just use a chunk of your tax free loan. Also if it's your birthday i may cough up a few pennies for a drink!. smile.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
and I should sleep where? (i like to sleep in bed preferably)
Snugglebum the Destroyer
I think there may be a few rooms spare - you'd have to check with Spacehappy.

Otherwise - I'm sure someone would put you up for the night.

Not me. tongue.gif
Spacehappy
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Aug 30 2004, 10:56 PM)
and I should sleep where? (i like to sleep in bed preferably)

There are single rooms going still, in fact there are about 4 rooms free and only £30.00 B&B (single) (double/twin £23.00 per person (Mata's/Sues £26.00 as only room En Suite)). Let me know if you want one and i'll book it Friday and pay your deposit as i do.

BTW all i'm going to be there at 2pm onwards, so let me know what time your going to be there. But for those of you who i booked for, it's under my Real name PM me if you don't know it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.