Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Manchester Bash
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Spacehappy
QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ Jul 21 2004, 05:36 PM)
'swingers' as in swaping partners in bed?

p'char.

Yes, there are some grubby little men in Manchester that need to wake up to the reall world.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Well now i'm peed off to post this, i have tried to book 4 hotels now to be told that there is no way we can book the hotel as we are all "swingers". I'm getting annoyed at all the frustrated little manchester boys, having delusions of this.

They really said that? I hope you told them where to shove it and told them that they wouldn't be getting our custom?

What a ridiculous state of affairs - the management should be a bit more careful who they let sabotage their business. mad.gif
Spacehappy
QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Jul 21 2004, 06:03 PM)
Well now i'm peed off to post this, i have tried to book 4 hotels now to be told that there is no way we can book the hotel as we are all "swingers". I'm getting annoyed at all the frustrated little manchester boys, having delusions of this.

They really said that? I hope you told them where to shove it and told them that they wouldn't be getting our custom?

What a ridiculous state of affairs - the management should be a bit more careful who they let sabotage their business. mad.gif

Yep the one turned around and i did not even say "internet" or anything, i just said we are coming from all over the country and he said "we don't allow swinger bookings, you will not be welcome here" at that point, i got irate and the conversation degenerated. I'll say no more.
Faerieryn
QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ Jul 21 2004, 05:36 PM)
Spacehappy, could you possibly let me know who else will be travelling up to Mancs from London on the Friday? -closer to the date. That way I can have some one prod me awake, when I fall aslepp dribbling. laugh.gif

I should be travelling up wither on the friday evening or the saturday morning. If its fri eve I will need to bunk in a hotel for an extra night though. Shouldn't be a problem funds wise but I'm not really up to speed on how to organise things like this or how far in advance etc

Space Happy I will definitely be coming. Cath has already PM'd you about this so hopefully this won't come as too much of a surprise!
Daedalus
Afraid snoo and myself won't be able to make it. Being poor students, the train fare and hotel would break us. Bah. Have a nice time guys.

Unfortunately down to 17 now.
Cath Sparrow
Right just been chating with SpaceHappy and he said he was going to yell at you cause your all adults but as much as I love you lot I also know were a right bunch of spacecadets round here. So I am going to yell!

If we want to take over a hotel we are going to need to book it so get your arses in to gear and let Space know if you want a room SOON! Cause if we dont we are back to square one!!!!!
Spacehappy
Ummm yeh what Cath said wink.gif
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Cath @ Jul 22 2004, 10:04 PM)
If we want to take over a hotel we are going to need to book it so get your arses in to gear and let Space know if you want a room SOON! Cause if we dont we are back to square one!!!!!

*cowers in fear*

I assume that wasn't aimed at me but I'll throw my tuppence in as I like to do that wink.gif

Don't book me a room!

laugh.gif

Seriously, there is no point. I can't guarantee my attendance and I don't want to let people down. It's easier for me to worry about where I am going to be/stay that for all of you lot to worry about who is going to fill my room/foot my bill smile.gif

Spacehappy - perhaps you could post an email address for everyone to email their requirements to.

Everyone else - get your arses in gear and contact Space if you want to come otherwise this will just be a repeat of Leeds rolleyes.gif
Mata
I shall confirm with the Missus, but currently it looks like we are travelling up on the Saturday, so we only need to have a room for that night. Like I say, I'll confirm this soon.

I've checked trains and it looks like we'll be on the one that arrives at 13:44. It's rather far oop north isn't it?

EDIT: Okay, I've checked and it looks like we're going to make a full weekend of it, so Sues and I would like a double room for Friday, Saturday and Sunday night. Three night in Manchester... Will we survive? I'll PM Spacehappy these details.

Right, I'm sorted who's next?
Forever Unknown
We need to confirm with Hinsley, but it looks as though me, her and Snuggles will be up on the Friday and leaving on the Sunday. We should know by the end of the weekend. Please don't hurt us, Cath.
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Jul 23 2004, 12:32 PM)
I assume that wasn't aimed at me but I'll throw my tuppence in as I like to do that wink.gif

No sweetie it weren't aimed at you. *hugs* biggrin.gif
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Cath @ Jul 23 2004, 01:43 PM)
No sweetie it weren't aimed at you. *hugs* biggrin.gif

I know babe wink.gif *hugs*
mooooooooooopo
Fraid I'm still not sure if I can make it, gotta see if I can afford it before confirming I'm afraid.
WeeJ
Ditto. Both me and Mat aren't sure of our financial status at the moment, and I'm not going to say 'book me a room' without knowing for definate.
froggle-rock
A friend of mine is interested in coming, probably same reqirements as me (friday night and sat night). So we can share a twin. She will let me know tomorrow for definate. at which point I will let Spacehappy know biggrin.gif

I do so want this to be (btw).
Pixelgoth
It would appear that either people still aren't sure whether they can make it until right before the date (or not even posting to say either way) to make it worth Spacehappy's while organising a hotel sad.gif Personally I think it might be easier to sort ourselves out? I just don't think it's worth causing Spacehappy any stress over this as it just isn't worth getting worked up over. I'm sure we're all big enough to find our own hotels biggrin.gif That is of course unless Space is happy to still sort this out so near to the actual date?
Polocrunch
Yeah, sorry Space, I also won't know until nearer the time. I'll probably be coming up and staying with Sean, who's annoyingly absent *glares across the Atlantic*. So we won't know until he gets back and has regular access to t'Internet, by which time I'll have jetted off to Netless lands, so no confirmation until quite late.
froggle-rock
(Pixiegoth Posted on Jul 26 2004, 10:49 AM)

I think it might be easier to sort ourselves out? I just don't think it's worth causing Spacehappy any stress over this as it just isn't worth getting worked up over. I'm sure we're all big enough to find our own hotels  That is of course unless Space is happy to still sort this out so near to the actual date?

I agree, I have no problem sorting out my own accomodation. Its just a pity that we may not all end up in the same building, let alone close at all to each other.

btw my friend still hasnt gotten back to me, so no changes to numbers here. -but I guess that doent matter if we are all booking our own accomodation?

Actually why dont we all book in to one hotel, then if that gets oversubscribed, other book in to a close by one?
WeeJ
I'm sorry guys. Mat and I are just not going to be able to afford this one. I'm pretty pissed to miss out, but we're booked up for a couple of days at Alton Towers with some friends (that was all arranged since January) so we're just not going to be able to afford this one sad.gif Sorry
Pixelgoth
And where is the Batman........I mean Inky! laugh.gif

Seriously, it's his get together so shouldn't he be more involved?
Spacehappy
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Jul 26 2004, 10:49 AM)
I just don't think it's worth causing Spacehappy any stress over this as it just isn't worth getting worked up over.

I'm not worried, i'm booking those that are 100% on Monday, there will still be rooms at that hotel. So if anyone wants to be added closer to that date then PM me details and i'll add you. The idea behind a group booking was all under one roof so we had more time to get to know each other (and me to see some boobs wink.gif ).

And most of all to economise on the cheapness a group booking gets. (as we are all strapped for cash).

With Weej and Darok not able to make it sad.gif (damn Matt now we can't annoy Weej for hours) we are looking at 16 people in 10 rooms with 16 coming (not including a possible Pixie and partner). But as i've said when you know pm me i'm sure we can fit you in. rolleyes.gif
Mata
I suspect I will be saying this a lot, but thanks again for sorting this out Spacehappy. cool.gif
Faerieryn
can we have a list of who is 100%?
Forever Unknown
I suspect I will be saying this a lot, but thanks again for sorting this out Spacehappy.

Ditto.

What's bizarre is that, aside from Snugs, I'll only know Mata and Mr Fuzzy, who both live within five miles of me (aside from those I met in February, and to be honest, I don't know who I'll remember unless they came up and smacked me in the face). Considering I'm quite new, I feel like I'm gatecrashing a little.

But don't worry! I'm the kind of gatecrasher who buys people drinks.

But. Yesh. Me and Snugs are 100% definitely coming. But we haven't heard from Hinsley (damn you, girl! Heh).
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Considering I'm quite new, I feel like I'm gatecrashing a little.

I felt the same when I invited myself - but hell, how are we going to get to know these people if we don't make an effort to gatecrash? Thay should be flattered. wink.gif

suspect I will be saying this a lot, but thanks again for sorting this out Spacehappy. 

Double ditto.
Spacehappy
QUOTE (Faerieryn @ Jul 26 2004, 07:35 PM)
can we have a list of who is 100%?

Cath coming up Saturday only.
Queenie coming up Saturday only.
Faerieryn coming up Saturday only.

Forever Unknown coming up Friday and Saturday
Snugglebum the Destroyer coming up Friday and Saturday.

Spacehappy Coming Up Friday and Saturday.

Mata and Sues (Mata's Partner) Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Funked)out_frog did confirm, now awaiting another. (still penciled in as a single, so don't panic for Friday and Saturday).

So it's me and Mata with a handful of gorgeous and sexy women to ourselves so far. wink.gif Also most of the people listed are those staying with each other.
Forever Unknown
a handful of gorgeous and sexy women to ourselves so far

Bwahahaha! That's optimistic!

(talking for myself - I bet the rest of you are all gorgeous, don't get me wrong)

Except Sues. She's a sweetie.
Spacehappy
QUOTE (Forever Unknown @ Jul 26 2004, 10:16 PM)
(talking for myself - I bet the rest of you are all gorgeous, don't get me wrong)

Whenever a woman says that it's always to throw a man off, you just want me to spill a pint and stutter all night, and make me look like a deer in headlights when i see your gorgeous self.

Queenie and Cath i know are Hotties ive seen them, and the photo of Faerieryn, i can't comment on Sue's .............Mata may beat me up tongue.gif
Forever Unknown
I'd kick Mata's arse if he's tries it... Fight fight fight!

Sues is lovely. She's a lovely lass in every aspect.

But, for example - my uncle said I looked like Marilyn Manson today, with the "big nose" and "hair".

In my defense, it's perhaps a little true. I'm relatively sensitive about my nose, and, since he mentioned it, my hair, when straightened, is much like MM circa Mechanical Animals. It wasn't intentional. Just the only way my hair stops being a big ball of fluff.

Hurrah for babble...

(... Ok. I've been drinking...)
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Just for the record FU is extremely cute and has legs that you would die for.

Ha - now I've written it, you can't take it back because that would look sulky on your part. tongue.gif
Mata
QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Jul 26 2004, 08:59 PM)
Considering I'm quite new, I feel like I'm gatecrashing a little.

I felt the same when I invited myself - but hell, how are we going to get to know these people if we don't make an effort to gatecrash? Thay should be flattered. wink.gif

Well-meaning gatecrashers have always been welcome around this forum and the meets. Of course, the question as to whether you two are well-meaning is another one entirely unsure.gif tongue.gif
Snugglebum the Destroyer
I'd like to state that any trouble caused at the last one was purely her fault.

I was an innocent bystander. She led me astray.
Forever Unknown
Now, the pair of you, stop conspiring against me or I'll tell everyone your dirty little secrets.
Mr Fuzzy
Well, I'm still planning on coming, it's just a question of whether I can claim funds or not (grumble grumble) that decides how long I'm going for.

Can I still get my orgy?
/me crosses fingers.
Forever Unknown
Depends on whether you reply to my last couple of emails, you bastard.
Mr Fuzzy
I plan to, my computer is suprisingly broken at the moment though, and my plan to fix it today was (bleedin' typically) interrupted by a random spot of social life activity.

When I'm bored out of my mind, nothing for days. If I have a plan... Grah!
Forever Unknown
I'll accept that as a reasonable excuse for now, but it means that you must give me a million pounds. Sorry. That's the rules.
Mr Fuzzy
A million pounds? You'll be lucky, I'm not sure I can scrape up four twigs at the moment.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Spacehappy @ Jul 26 2004, 05:11 PM)
we are looking at 16 people in 10 rooms with 16 coming (not including a possible Pixie and partner). But as i've said when you know pm me i'm sure we can fit you in. rolleyes.gif

Yeah thanks to Space for all the hard work biggrin.gif

And as I have said, I am still unable to make a decision and probably won't be able to make one until very shortly before (probably days before). It's best if you don't worry about me and Ed at all and if we need a room we'll find one. We only live over in Warrington so we can always just get a train back later on.
Faerieryn
QUOTE (Spacehappy @ Jul 26 2004, 10:20 PM)
and the photo of Faerieryn,

What photo of me???? Not that I mind but I can't remember posting any photo's unless I was very drunk or something!

I might be coming up on the friday evening too but I'll sort myself out for staying somewhere if I do. I will know nearer the time
Industrial Kybosh
Holy flurking shnit!!!

Many lovely thanks to Spacehappy for taking full control of the hotel bookings in my unexpected unavailability. Seriously, mate, you've done a blinder.

Put me in for the saturday night, 100% fer sure, will share with anybody (pref. male for the sake of my other half's feelings of jealousy).

Even with some of the drop-outs - who will be sorely missed - we've got a decent sized meet on our hands. I'll give that old lady part leo a call too, see if he can join us for a swift one.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Jul 29 2004, 01:06 AM)
Even with some of the drop-outs - who will be sorely missed - we've got a decent sized meet on our hands. I'll give that old lady part leo a call too, see if he can join us for a swift one.

Aha! The wandered returns tongue.gif

Sorry I might miss this one mate. Perhaps we can organise a get together in Warrington when you're next back there?
froggle-rock
Spacehappy: as I have not heard from my friend, could you remove my plus one from the list, and just keep me as confirmed. for definate. just me. staying friday and Saturday nights.

Thank you, and thank you. I am just a lill excited about the meet. Yay.
Spacehappy
List update.

Cath coming up Saturday only.
Queenie coming up Saturday only.
Faerieryn coming up Saturday only.

Forever Unknown coming up Friday and Saturday
Snugglebum the Destroyer coming up Friday and Saturday.

Spacehappy Coming Up Friday and Saturday.

Mata and Sues (Mata's Partner) Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Funked)out_frog coming up Friday and Saturday.

Industrial Kybosh coming up Saturday.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Hmm - there seems to be a definate overload of females here...

You blokes smiling? biggrin.gif
Mr Fuzzy
I would be if I was trendy enough to make the list. *sniffles*
Snugglebum the Destroyer
I would be if I was trendy enough to make the list. *sniffles*

You make my list, baby... wink.gif
Forever Unknown
My dear Lord, Snugs. Do I really have to share a room with you? I'm not sure I can deal with the beard sex...

*edit* Oh God, that sounded so wrong...
Snugglebum the Destroyer

Mmmmmmmm...

And just so I don't get accused of spam -

Yes, you must share a room with me - I will ensure that you brush your teeth, wash all your make up off and also put clean underwear on in case you get hit by a bus.

Mum told me to.
Spacehappy
QUOTE (Forever Unknown @ Jul 30 2004, 12:20 AM)
My dear Lord, Snugs. Do I really have to share a room with you? I'm not sure I can deal with the beard sex...

Ohhh god yes .................. did i say i got a beard .................... it's a goatee too wink.gif

Make what you want of that tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.