Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Support Group!
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2
{Gothic Angel}
*Stands up*

Hi my name is Jen and I am a hot drink addict. Due to the fact that I sit around all day on the PC, my tea and coffee intake has risen to sometimes over 10 cups a day. I... I need help *breaks down in tears* *sits down*
artist.unknown
Hallo, I'm ar.un, and I am a cuppa-holic. I currently have somewhere in excess of 12 boxes, bags, and tins of tea sitting around on my counter. I steep my tea so long it's practically coffee. When I suspect hot tea will make me die of heat stroke, I search the couches until I find enough change lying around to demand a frozen chai or latte from the local cafe. I have burned (literally!) through 2 teapots. I have 5 teacups in constant circulation and have been known to kick people who try to use them. (caution for kids at home: violence is not the answer! seek help!) I chug tea like some chug beer. unfortunately, I am going through a nasty, violent withdrawel due to the fact that I don't know how to operate the elderly stove in my current living area. cold-brew is insufficient and generally nasty! much pain! *falls on floor and thrashes wildly. which counts as sitting down.*
Mr Meh
Hi my name is cornelius and i am adicted to coffee

i've been clean for 3 weeks now but it's just so to avoid that expresso in the morning

to avoid the many flavours of starbucks

to not crush those beans into a magical elixer

but i can survive, no drink can control me
acid_rain_child
Yeah, so, I have two addictions running right now. I drink diet cola like there's no tommorow. I'm talking, 4 cans and a 20oz bottle a day. And left to my own devices, I'll have some coffee on top of that. Also, I chew about 20-25 pieces of Extra Spearamint gum a day. It could have something to do with quitting smoking, but I unno. It's still go flavor, but I HAVE to chew another piece. I only stop chewing when I'm drinking diet soda. Man.
PsychWardMike
Hi, I'm Mike... I like coffee. I... really like coffee. I've been known to drink two or three pots. Chilled, hot, it doesn't matter. I... I can't get out of bed without a cup of espresso, and the problem is is that I don't want to be clean. I know I have a problem, but I don't care. I mean, I knew I had a problem when I had a handful of espresso beans in each hand and was eating chocolate covered coffee beans off a twelve year old boy I called "Cappucino."

Hey... does anyone have any espresso here? I'll do stuff for espresso... you know... stuff.
gothictheysay
*hopes there is refuge for me here*

It's summer, so my addiction is... Diet Pepsi.

Actually, I've been overeating for the past few days, and therefore getting off the soda will be hard since I drink that instead of eating for the millionth time at times. I drink about 5 diet sodas a day. Something tells me that's not normal. huh.gif

I won't even start on the food. I'm thinking this is just the drink addiction thread. tongue.gif
LindyLouWho
::stands with head bowed:: well here goes nothing... My names Melinda and I have an addiction to chilled or hot chocolate and vanilla flavored beverages with cinimon and lots and lots of sugar .. and did I mention about half a cup of cooking cocoa in each ... I make it by the gallon and drink it in a day... its so tasty I cant help myself... it makes me wake up just a little and for those who know me they know I am usually a tired tired person... so thats my story thank you for listening..::sits::
{Gothic Angel}
QUOTE (PsychWardMike @ Jul 13 2004, 01:43 AM)
Hey... does anyone have any espresso here? I'll do stuff for espresso... you know... stuff.

Its mine! Mine I tell you! You can't have it! *Sits in the corner gibbering, hugging espresso*
karismaklysm
*pats Goth on the shoulder*

its ok. we understand here....

*stands*
hi, my name is kat, and i have a brand new addiction. it's thai tea. it is a chilled beverage that looks like someone just made an earthenware pot and then poured all the runoff into a glass. but it tastes like the milk after lucky charms. if you can get your hands on this beverage..... DO NOT DO IT!!! YOU WONT BE ABLE TO STOP!!!

mooooooooooopo
Hi, I'm moop and I'm a coffee-holic. Chilled coffee is just so nice, I seem to end up losing count of how many cups a day. Its probably better than the Dr Pepper addiciton I had previously, that stuffs only nice if you drink it in moderation.
LindyLouWho
yes most coffees are not made with prunes O.o
artist.unknown
yes most coffees are not made with prunes O.o

I have a tin of prune tea and no idea how I ended up with it.

...I'd drink it anyway, but it's decaff. ^^
gothictheysay
*smacks forehead*

I'm going to bed in an hour, and I accidentaly grabbed a caffeinated soda. I realize this after five minutes of drinking the soda. What a waste dry.gif Thank goodness I didn't drink all of it. *sighs and returns to fridge*

*runs for an uncaffeinated one* Five a day isn't bad, is it? unsure.gif
PsychWardMike
I had a lapse today. I was eating cake and I just... drank coffee. I didn't even care that there was no cream or sugar. I drank it raw.

Er... black.

Now, I'm off to go design a soda that tastes like coffee. Or espresso.

Mocha?
acid_rain_child
My addiction to gum has gotten worse since my last meeting. And now, I'm onto Hershey Kisses. I can't stop it. These forums are falling prey to my addictive personality too. This is what a summer of isolation will do to you. *Twitch* I lost my gum earlier today and literally freaked out. I seriously think I have a problem. I need a cigarette....

I can't stop speaking in simple sentences and in mixed order. Gah.
the lil' pie fairy
my dr.pepper addiction. is bad. very bad. i'm fighting the urge to buy one right now. that and unsweetened black coffee...does anyone else have that in the mornings...? unsure.gif
mooooooooooopo
Unsweetened and black is the way forwards with coffee in my opinion, preferably chilled .
the lil' pie fairy
what, just make it up then stick it in teh fridge for a bit?
or make it with cold water??

*confused* blink.gif
acid_rain_child
No, let the pot cool, the pour yourself a cup *some add outrageous amounts of cream but no sugar* and add icecudes to your tasting of chilliness.
the lil' pie fairy
again, thankies! you're being v.helpful today *hugs*

*off home soon to try this*
froggle-rock
*clears throat*

Hi my name is Frog. I am a biblioholic. I but far more books than I can read. I buy books that take my interest in the shop, but once I start to read, have no real appeal to me. I buy books that I think may come in handy for when I study my degree. I buy books for my siblings because I like them, even if they wont. I buy books that have been refrenced in other books I've read, just coz I liked the refrencing book.

Its been one week since my last book purchase.
PsychWardMike
Coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee cofee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee!
froggle-rock
^
I'm sensing that my biblioholicia issues are not welcome here. sad.gif
gothictheysay
Oh, don't worry, I'm sure we can service that! And that's just Mike being unhealthily obsessive over coffee. rolleyes.gif

But I don't know how much help I can be to you with you biblioholicness, since I always have to be reading a book myself... tongue.gif

Try reading just one or two at a time? That usually helps me...I was only reading one...then I branched out to two!
PsychWardMike
Coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee!

Cappucino?
The Lorax
QUOTE (PsychWardMike @ Jul 15 2004, 07:56 PM)
Coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee cofee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee!

Amen.

My name is Kaede....and I cannot get enough diet pepsi....sometimes i do in a couple six packs if I'm up early enough....and...*cries* IT'S NOT GOOD FOR ME BUT I CAN'T HELP IT!
the lil' pie fairy
ohmy.gif *hugs* we're all here for you...

i've got through 8 cans of dr.pepper in a school day before...felt a bit strange too blink.gif
gothictheysay
Oh no!

Now I've done it! *almost drops diet pepsi in hand*

My addiction has spread to my foob! I feel so guilty and responsible! What on earth do I do?

*sigh* I'm not above 7-8 cans of diet pepsi a day...I can't drink that many non-diet drinks because I get nasty artificial sugar high then low.

edit: clearly Mike's addiction has spread to his brain...I suggest locking him up and giving him only 1 pot a day to start...how on earth do you sleep with all that coffee in you man? blink.gif

edit 2: mmm. aspartame. evil.gif
PsychWardMike
Coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee!
artist.unknown
edit: clearly Mike's addiction has spread to his brain...I suggest locking him up and giving him only 1 pot a day to start...how on earth do you sleep with all that coffee in you man?

He doesn't sleep, that's how. He's like Batman. Whoosh!

yummy yummy yummy I've got chai in my tummy...
Dreams On Hiatus
QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ Jul 15 2004, 10:18 PM)
^
I'm sensing that my biblioholicia issues are not welcome here. sad.gif

I'm a biblioholic as well. I feel your pain; I really, really do. ;_;
artist.unknown
QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ Jul 15 2004, 10:18 PM)
^
I'm sensing that my biblioholicia issues are not welcome here. 

I'm a biblioholic as well. I feel your pain; I really, really do. ;_;

But see, the two addictions go so well to-gether! The best thing on earth is going to a cafe/used book store. Mmm, best smell on Earth.

Eheh...I was really really desperate to-day, so I did the unthinkable...I...drank 2 cups of church coffee (I only remembered afterwards that the last time I checked the church fridge, the milk was in a solid mass). I had to pour half of the second down the drain, and I think I'm going to be sick. But I will be a happier, and much much more awake, vomitous mass than I would have been otherwise. Oh, the fun.
Ashbless
*stands*
Hi, my name is Valerie, and I too am a biblioholic. I'm down to reading 2 books simultaniously and can't walk into a bookstore until I'm through the three bags I've bought in the past month. A friend came through and we spent a harmless day at used bookstores. To my credit - he had a whole box full at day's end.

On the subject of coffee - I too hear the siren call of the local coffeeshop. It's right there ready to ambush me on the way to work. It's Tims' and they brew a fresh pot every 15 minutes. I worked there briefly until the lack of sleep made me try other employment so I know of what I type. Tea also calls. The iced coffees, mmmm...chocolate covered coffee beans.
*sits back down again and sips from the Tea Mug (holds about three cups smile.gif )*
gothictheysay
I go to the library and check out thirty-six books. That's totally normal, right?

Alas...my father bought Coke instead of Diet Pepsi! I can't make that switch! I'm going to have withdrawal!

Except there is a case of Pepsi One...
Ashbless
Very normal. As is picking up more books whenever you take any back to the library. biggrin.gif
acid_rain_child
Oh, man, I have a problem with books too. I go to the Goodwill, and I go to the book section automatically, with out even looking anywhere else. The Goodwill (Superstore) that I go to has a Literature section, where there are all these volumes of poetry and short stories and plays that they used to issue out at schools in like the 60's and 70's. I buy those all the time. IT'S ONLY $.25 FOR PAPERBACKS AND $1 FOR HARDBACKS!!! I CAN'T HELP IT!!! *Sobs*

I have all of them. Loads of them. They're all titled, "Introduction to Poetry, Literature, and Drama" and stuff, every single on of them. Though, I just bought a Medieval Poetry book that was paperback ($.25, go me!) that's awesome. I also buy dictionaries. Loads and loads of dictionaries. I like the old ones. I dunno.
{Gothic Angel}
My whole family has this problem. You know Waterstones? The bookshop? We go in there and come out 3 hours later with like 150 worth of books. I kid you not.
froggle-rock
biggrin.gif I am not alone biggrin.gif

*does the I am not alone dance*
LindyLouWho
I also buy dictionaries. Loads and loads of dictionaries. I like the old ones. I dunno.

Thats cool though cuz like this one diction my fiances mom has is so old it says a space ship is an imaginary craft to travle to the stars... or something like that rolleyes.gif
froggle-rock
*stands*

hey all, its been 6 hours since my last book purchase: Gormenghast (all three).

*sits back down*
the lil' pie fairy
i was late getting done for work the other day, cause as soon as i woke up i had to finish the book i'd fallen asleep reading the night before unsure.gif
gothictheysay
hey all, its been 6 hours since my last book purchase: Gormenghast (all three).

*applauds*

When I went to the mall yesterday I did NOT buy a new book...I wanted to go to Borders today because I had money, but I restrained myself from even asking biggrin.gif
EvilSpork
I'm addicted to Yerba Matte Lattes... They're made at a coffee house I go to quite often, I also love their buzzing chocolate latte penguin. It's a cold drink.

Not to mention I can't get enough tea...

Yeah thats it... I'm like... Caffiene and Matiene addicted.
jenofthejen
Hi my name is Jen and I am a coffee junkie. I try to cut down but living in Seattle doesn't help any. There is an espresso stand on every corner. I can hear the grinding of the fresh coffee beans and the aroma of a fresh mocha with whipped cream melting on the top. Gotta go!

Much better. Double tall almond mocha low fat milk, yummmmmmmy!
gothictheysay
I thought I was doing better because I had a hot chocolate this morning instead of a soda...but I ended up with a stomachache caused from too much diet soda! sad.gif And that hasn't happened for a month or so...
eleraama
Hello, everyone, my name is austin and i too am addicted to plant-derived caffeinated beverages and books... tea more so than coffee

some of you (*cough-mike-cough*) ought to try caffeine soap.

To my credit i managed to procure some money (of course honestly, tee-hee) and even though a large barnes and noble is five minutes from my house, i haven't gone yet and spent it all.

<whew. the first step is the hardest.>
froggle-rock
*stands up*

Its been two hours since my last purchase: Stupic Whaite Men, and a Peanuts annual.

*sit back down, and starts reading new book*
Artemisia
Hi, my name's Lana, and I'm addicted to candy. All kinds of candy. Mostly, 7-11 candy, the gummies and the nerds and the fun-dip and lik-m-aid and nibs and yeah, hershey's kisses - although nuggets are better...and salt-water taffy..and nuts...and today I plan to make my own vanilla taffy......I don't feel my fiance is helping me deal with my addiction, because he brings me candy, but....I love him for that!!!

By the way.....for all you hot drink lovers...chai tea latte....here's what you do: pour milk and some vanilla extract into microwavable container; microwave until it boils; add chai tea bag and extra ground cinammon; microwave again for 3-5 minutes on a medium power to "simmer" it; sqeeze last of liquid out of tea bag while removing it; add honey to sweeten; enjoy. SOOOO GOOD!
gothictheysay
I'm at a friend's house and I've only had one diet soda so far today!! biggrin.gif
Hyperion
Artemisia: I think I love you. Chai tea = better than showers.

Hello. My name is Saa and I've gotten addicted to writing. And what is it that I write? Well... It's naughty, that's for one thing. But in involves consuming a LOT of chocolate and caffinated beverages in order to stay awake until 3 in the morning. And pretty much nothing else of the food-ish variety. For some reason, on this diet of one square meal a day, an average of either one-and-a-half slices of pie or a bag of M&Ms (sometimes Doritos, actually), and enough caffiene to kill a horse, I've lost seven pounds in the last three months (unintentionally). I don't advise it for the average person... But I think it's a problem.

So I have a pound and a half of M&Ms. But I HAVE cut back on the caffiene - my new best friends is soda water of the lime variety.

... It's very hard. I need to cry.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.