Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Am I Evil To Find This Very Funny?
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2
Mata
Check the link and place your bets...

http://www.petsyoulove.com/
Forever Unknown
I can hear the cries of the mourning children now: "Oh my God, Jesus decapitated my dog."
Jaq
Choose from four different cat art or dog art layouts, with or without Jesus.

Yes. Yes you are. And so am I. laugh.gif
Pab
Oh so THATS cat art ... right *nods*

Guys ... somebody do something about this. It's the world we live in, how DARE they soil it with this claptrap?!?

$142.50 ... THEY HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!?!?!?

.. still, must admire the balls on the guy who came up with the concept ... I wish I'd seen the apoplectic hysteria they must have had when they were pricing it ...
Pikasyuu
That's hilarious. Not only because it would be extremely creepy to receive one of those, but because just looking at them .. is .. funny.
Mata
It does sound like a business plan born from a drunken bet doesn't it?

"I bet you can't get people to give you over a hundred dollars for something that'll take about five minutes in Photoshop."

"You're on."
Mr Fuzzy
I dare you to send them an email claiming that your cat was terrified of Jesus, so could they possibly make one featurning Vishnu as an alternative.
Jonman
QUOTE (Mr Fuzzy @ Jul 30 2004, 06:30 AM)
I dare you to send them an email claiming that your cat was terrified of Jesus, so could they possibly make one featurning Vishnu as an alternative.

Fuzzy's onto a point there.

I mean, they're cutting out a whole slice of the market by only putting Jesus on them.

Hinduism alone's got to be a great market, as there's about a squillion different many-limbed deities that could feature with your beloved ex-moggy.

Your cat perched in Buddha's lap.

Moses parting the Red Sea, with his faithful companion Rover by his side.

Do Satanists have cats? Or are they more into bats and snakes? Either way, there's another one, although they might want to have a seperate site to avoid putting off the christian customers.
Tomoyo
QUOTE (Mata @ Jul 30 2004, 01:09 PM)
"I bet you can't get people to give you over a hundred dollars for something that'll take about five minutes in Photoshop."

The sad thing is that you can buy Photoshop for less than what they're charging. And if you buy your own Photoshop, then you can make all the kitty memorials in as many styles, featuring as many deities as you want!

Patient #212
I wonder how many they've actually sold. And it's not evil to think it's funny. It's stupid not to. biggrin.gif

I love your parody version though, Tomoyo!
Righteous
This is one of the goofiest money-making schemes. This'll cost the company what, a few buck while old Mrs. McGillicutti while mourning the death of Puffball shells out $150 bucks for a picture her grandkid she she's been ignoring accross town could make during his lunchbreak at Jumbo Burger.

If I had Photoshop, I'd combine one of those with the dogs playing poker. That would be fun. "Hey Jesus, you bettin' or foldin'?"
LoLo
You're going to hell and so am I. lol

I must say though this isn't half as bad as this one thing I saw in a mag once where people could have pourcelain dolls made of their miscarried fetuses.
Pikasyuu
QUOTE (LoLo @ Aug 1 2004, 04:04 PM)
You're going to hell and so am I. lol

I must say though this isn't half as bad as this one thing I saw in a mag once where people could have pourcelain dolls made of their miscarried fetuses.

That's extremely depressing. I mean, really, some people are frightened of porcelain dolls as it is, but having them made out of a rather .. horrible event? Oi.
Kitty
Thats just too funny!!! And creepy, very creepy.... and tacky.... woo! I really think people are insane sometimes.

Sortah reminds me of the freeze dried keetys pets.... so you can immortalize them in their favorite spot.... *shudder* Oh and from there it reminds me of when you get someone creamated, and then they make jems out of some part of it.... oh the crazy things people do! It makes me want to cry.

Heh, I need to stop getting on at one in the morning when my thoughts are like scrambled eggs.

Sorry for the spam tongue.gif
EvilSpork
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh I gave myself a hernia...
spiffilicious05
oh my god.

Just....wow....

I love my cat, but not that much.
artist.unknown
Just...wow.

What really gets me is $142.50. Where does that extra 50 cents come in? They couldn't scam with a nice whole number? Heheh.
Righteous
QUOTE (LoLo @ Jul 31 2004, 11:04 PM)

Okay, that's just sick. Like, these pictures sound as marketably sane as Coca-Cola. I mean, God damn.
monkey_called_narth
2. Against poor quality photo from you We will not scan a photo of your cat if we feel the results will be unsatisfactory. Rather we will contact you via e-mail and return your cat's photo, if desired, at no charge to you.

now where do they get off telling you weither your picture is satisfactory or not??? what if you just have a really ugly cat??? or an extreamly fat one??? there shallow jerks they are!!!! and the "return your cats photo, if desired, at no charge...." are they saying they would charge you to send the photo if you didnt desire it to be free? or that they would send you the photo back in general... cause lord knows... if i spent $142.50 i would atleast want the darn original back....
eternallybored
The size of your cat's face should be at least as big as a nickel (5 coin)

They say this presuming that everyone who will pay enough money to get a picture of their cat's face with Jesus would have to be a moron

What sort of paper do you get with a price like that? Or do all the colors of Heaven take up all of the printer ink, so they added that cost too?
Sir Psycho Sexy
the only way that would be funnier is if it was "buddy christ" in the corner

you think they have a disclaimer along the lines of:

"your pet has no souls and is therefore not in heaven as the picture depicts" ??
The Tortured Soul
GRRR!!!

this is capitalism at it's most evil!!!

GWAH!!! I HATE YOU, YOU MONEY HUNGRY PIG HEAD [much edited profanity and capitalist hatred] GWAH!!! HOW COULD YOU MONEY GRABBING GOOD FOR NOTHING CAPITALIST PIGS!!!
mooooooooooopo
Thats twisted. It would be really interesting to know how many they've sold though. Kinda reminds me of the life gems that got mentioned in the 'What to do with your remains'. Surely it indicates that the people in marketing departments are slowly winning and convincing people to buy ever more useless/twisted things, or maybe just that some people will buy anything.
Azrael The Cat
WTF? I had to check twice that they actually were talking about paper prints.

Anyone been to a cemetary recently? 'Cause they can put a photograph onto black marble for I don't know how much. The price of the marble, of course, should make it very expensive, but anyway. They have some great examples at the local cemetaries here. Anyway, when I saw this, that's what I thought it was. That they were gonna print these onto tombstones. That would explain the price, if not the shoddy artwork. But then I read the comments and went back to have another look, and yeah, that makes no sense to me. I'm thinking maybe it's a joke website. I mean it seems pretty hastilly (not to mention badly) put together. Especially for a company with the knowledge require to milk ppl out of 142.50 for something as crappy as an inkjet image. Plus the price itself makes it seem like a joke to me. You all mentioned capitalism? Well it's a technique of capitalism to use more appealing numbers. I'd price it at 149.99$, because 150 is a nice round number and the missing cent makes it seems subconciously as if they're paying a dollar less when conciously they're really just paying 1 cent less. Trust me it works.

As for the actual graphics, I think the only way it'll take 5 minutes to make that is if you're using a really bad computer that takes 4 and a half minutes to load Photoshop. I can put that together in seconds, with Photopaint. Why waste your time using photoshop? It's overkill.

Anyway, yeah what was only a suspicion seems to have been cememnted in the time it took me to write this, so now I'm pretty sure it's a pranks site. And frankly, I've seen much better ones.
Dreams On Hiatus
*snortcackle* Oh my god I found that hilarious. laugh.gif
ravein
okay.. the floating jesus is just creepy...
the sad part of all this... you can bet at least one person actually paid for this crap...

you know.. you can have your cat stuffed for about 100$ .... just a thought...
Righteous
THough whouldn't that frighten and/or traumatize Mrs. McGillicutti's grandkids to have Puffball stuffed and mounted on the dining room table, though? "Get the cat off of the table, Grandma. We're trying to eat." "Oh, don't mind Puffball. He's harmless. I had him stuffed and mounted for a good price after he died."

Honestly, I'd pay to see that.
Greeneyes
I had a proper look at that site, and several things came to mind. It has a feed back section, tickbox for complaint, and price. Asking for it a little there. And am I the only one who would like to see this cat next to Jesus?
Righteous
I think it would be cooler with black flames and little demons running around.
ravein
I personally would like to see this cat beside jesus...
Greeneyes
QUOTE (ravein @ Aug 13 2004, 08:54 PM)
I personally would like to see this cat beside jesus...

I would like to see that cat instead of jesus.
Azrael The Cat
QUOTE (Righteous @ Aug 13 2004, 09:50 AM)
I think it would be cooler with black flames and little demons running around.

Yes! My black cat Miky would look much better than way, hahahaha! Let's start up a goth knock off of this site then.....
CommieBastard
No dudes, we need this cat.

Seriously, somebody Photoshop Limecat in next to Jesus, I want to see that.
{Gothic Angel}
Lmao yes. Limecat would be funnier in the circumstances than mittens.

Would mittens eat Jesus' spicy brains? blink.gif

Besides, I would want a pic of my cat looking like it did when it was alive, not as a floating head being sucked into a vortex of clouds...
gothictheysay
A skilled digital artist will scan your photo, copy your dog's face, delete any background, and create a floating image like the one in the sample. Note: Your artist will try to make your dog in your portrait look even better than in your photo.

And how will they do THAT? Add a halo? Hehe...a "skilled digital artist"...

edit: Thanks Guy...that is hilarious. tongue.gif
Greeneyes
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Aug 14 2004, 01:43 PM)
Seriously, somebody Photoshop Limecat in next to Jesus, I want to see that.

Ask, and thou shall receive, despite my mine lack of photoshop skills.

{Gothic Angel}
I thought possibly he meant using limecat instead of the dearly departed pet...
gothictheysay

Whatever he meant, Limecat does well as a deity biggrin.gif
CommieBastard
QUOTE ({Gothic Angel} @ Aug 14 2004, 04:55 PM)

I did, but that's pretty funny too biggrin.gif
ravein
hehehehe.. now things are as they should be..

gothictheysay
That's beautiful ravein...now all we need is Mittens in fishnet, biting the dearly departed kitty.... tongue.gif
phoenix
yes Mata, you are wrong to find that funny, very wrong indeed. now go sit in the corner and think about it, you naughty boy, you. tongue.gif
ravein
QUOTE (gothictheysay @ Aug 14 2004, 06:49 PM)
That's beautiful ravein...now all we need is Mittens in fishnet, biting the dearly departed kitty.... tongue.gif

okay so this one will have to do... laugh.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif

h
gothictheysay
I love you ravein. That is great. laugh.gif
Xkitsurabamix
A friend of mine said, 'Animals aren't sentient beings, they don't have souls, so they can't go to heaven'...
so...
the Jesus and clouds are a little exessive.
but hilarious.
my friend is mean, though. i loved my kitty, Bebop...but Bebop would have kicked my ass if he ever found out that i put him in a picture like that. Bebop was a MAN cat. If he were a human, he'd have been a pirate. with a peg leg.
{Gothic Angel}
QUOTE (gothictheysay @ Aug 14 2004, 05:14 PM)

Whatever he meant, Limecat does well as a deity biggrin.gif

I want to see a cult of limecat-worshippers. Wearing lil robes and limes on their heads happy.gif biggrin.gif
Mata
QUOTE (ravein @ Aug 15 2004, 06:07 PM)
okay so this one will have to do...  laugh.gif  biggrin.gif  tongue.gif

That really is superb! I actually laughed out loud biggrin.gif
Righteous
The semi-angelic Mittens made me cringe. I fear imagining little guardian Mittenses flying around sniffing my brain.
DarkInferno

Bigger then Jesus.
{Gothic Angel}
Lmao... That is excellent happy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.