Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rate Yourself!
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Tips and tricks
eleraama
I know, it was evil of me to put them in binary. Get over it. Comments on your rating of yourself? I'd say I'm a seven becasue I am geeky, but I still have a life. And I go outside (sometimes).

EDIT: Arsebuckets! (thank you Mata) I didn't realise the first one said 0.. but I imagine you all know it's supposed to be 1.
froggle-rock
I wouldnt have know that 0 was supposed to be 1. does that make me a non geek? I wear glasses, I often have my nose in a book. what does it mean to be a geek?

Seriously dudes, I'd like to know. clothing style; musical tates; hangouts; humor; diet even?
Sir Psycho Sexy
there are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't
DarkInferno
I would have known that 0 was supped to be a 1 had I seen it before I read the post... then again I'd prefer the leading 0's to be put into the strings... as my brain immidiatly applys twos compliment to any binary string beginning with a 1

I Wear... combats. tshirts.
Mustical taste... !Pop
Hangouts... pubs, industrial/goth/ebm clubs
Humour... DRY, Dark, Black.
Diet... Carnivore.

I have geekish tendancys I guess. But I'm also very practical, I have sporting and competetive traits and I'm quite popular socially.
Mata
Tricky question really.

According to my girlfriend I'm 'The King of Geeks' because she believes that there are a lot of geeks on here (in the nicest possible way) and I'm the 'leader' (as if such a thing were possible with geeks) therefore I am the king.

However...

I just looked at that poll and my first thought was not 'Oo, it's in binary' it was 'Ah, it's a joke, you only have one option where you are not geeky, implying that most people here are off the scale'. From this I deduce that I am not a geek.

But then...

After reading the stuff about the '0' instead of '1' mistake it occured to me that most computers begin counting at zero, so a range of options from one-to-ten for a computer would only go up to nine. Maybe I am very geeky after all.

To be on the safe side I still chose '0' smile.gif
PsychWardMike
http://www.innergeek.us/

There you go... this is a quiz that tells you how geeky you are.

As for myself? Let's do a quick run down:

Favorite Books: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Humor: Anywhere from wacky, to sarcasm. Love British Comedy (Go Monty Python!)
Computer Knowledge: More than literate, but room for improvement.
Video Games: Oh hell yeah
Anime: When the mood strikes me
Allergies: Got 'em
Hangouts: Anywhere I can be, but espescially a coffee house
Music taste: Everything (including Classical)
Future plans: To double major in computer art and music composition

Yeah... that says I'm a geek. I am however, socially deft, having a decent amount of friends and all such goodness. So whatever. Call me what you will, I call myself Mike.
Oni Usagi
QUOTE (Mata @ Aug 9 2004, 07:55 PM)
After reading the stuff about the '0' instead of '1' mistake it occured to me that most computers begin counting at zero, so a range of options from one-to-ten for a computer would only go up to nine. Maybe I am very geeky after all.

Nice job, except now it's 0-10 skipping 1.

I said 1000, I'm a programming major, I play D&D and several card games. But I don't know much about databases (yet), and I know less about servers (in the middle of learning). And I spend at least 5 hours a day on the computer.
acid_rain_child
I think I'm so not geeky it's unhealthy. Once my computer got a blue screen and said "physical dump of memory" or something, and I almost started to cry because I couldn't use the mouse.

Yeah.

I was just trying to send a file to someone, and I couldn't get past her instructions of what to do after she said, "What drives to you see?". I was lost entirely, and needless to say, I didn't figure it out.

But, if you think reading books and lots... and lots of poetry is geeky, then I'm in pretty good shape.

Favorite Books: Don't make me choose, man

Humor: Lots of things are funny. Puns aren't. That means you, Mr. Taylor of Rm. 113, Journalism. You think we're laughing- we're crying. Cut it out.

Computer Knowledge: I know how to turn it on, use the mouse (barely) and type.

Video Games: Last thing I played was Harvest Moon, because I like taking care of plants and animals (I don't know WHAT that makes me). And the Sims *twitch* love the Sims.

Anime: Doesn't float my boat

Alergies: penicillin? Does that count?

Hangouts: Basements, cars

Music Taste: Anything... so long as it sounds good, I'm not picky. I'll take countryif it's decent.

Future Plans: Getting a PhD in literature and becoming a professor. Hey, anything's possible.

Like I said, almost at dangerously low levels of geek-hood.
LoLo
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Aug 9 2004, 02:15 PM)
there are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't

Did you get that from my mom's shirt when you were visiting or have you seen it elsewhere? laugh.gif
Mata
While we're here, here's something that might be of interest,

how to be a real hacker http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html .

It turns out that I pretty much am, with the exception of knowledge of a multitude of programming languages, I've got reasonable udnerstanding of PHP (although I hate it for the most part), actionscript (the Flash language), Javascript, CSS, and HTML (although those aren't really very advanced by any means). Actually, looking at that, perhaps I know more than I think.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Hmmm - don't consider myself geeky but that's purely because I don't know enough about tech stuff to quite get there.

Accourding to PWMs quiz I'm 16.6% geek. That's more than I would have guessed and it was the authors and films that caught me out. biggrin.gif

I blame it on the fact that the bloke I used to live with was a Trekkie - he owned a uniform and everything. blink.gif
eternallybored
I took the test--half my day passed by doing that--and I have a rank of Geekish Tendancies. I blame it on this forum. But now I know how geeky I am...I really have been wondering...

*12.5% has just raised to 13%*
froggle-rock
wow, I got 23%. I'm impressed, I never thought I was that much of a geek. go me.
eleraama
Save me... I got 53.8%... Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... *sobs, and yet is strangely happy*
DarkInferno
49.11243%

haha! you're geekier then I.
gothictheysay
27.41617%. tongue.gif Told you I wasn't that much of a geek, Aiyana.
artist.unknown
34.31953% geek.

Oof.

think geek For those of you geeks who have always wanted a shirt that says "You Are Stupid" in Binary. Heh.
eleraama
Here's another test, but it's not as good. On the positive side, it has handy HTML for siggies/blogs or whatever.
69% Geek
Nerd, Freak, Geek, Dweeb. Sound familiar? That's okay, cause I will be the richest person at my 15th year high school reunion. If a "con" isn't happening that weekend
mooooooooooopo
I voted 1010 (10) in this one. The future is grim I'm afraid:

Favorite Books: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy/Discworld
Humor: Sarcasm, Dark, I know bugger all about comedy genres :-p
Computer Knowledge: Help! Programmer, Web Designer and now I seem to work for 3Com (big networking company) ph34r.gif Open source fanatic (BSD < * < Linux - so i'm the odd one out in a load of odd ones out), also pretty much everything on Matas 'real hacker' thing including writing open source software and providing useful information.
Video Games: Lots, but if its on a console it must be 16bit or less
Anime: Occasioally, I tend to stick to certain series which limits things a bit
Allergies: Hay fever sad.gif
Hangouts: Anywhere I can drag my friends (which isnt usually very far)
Music taste: Anything but pop, rap and nu-metal. Mostly other genres of metal or punk.
Future plans: Finish industry year, Finish uni (Computer Science degree blink.gif ), Go do something fun and hopefully make lots of money. Games programming would work but I'm not getting my hopes up.

64% Geek eleramas test (lowered a lot by my complete hatred for l337), Roleplaying (D&D and Vampire: The Masquerade mostly) too...*trails off into a geeky stupor*
Dreams On Hiatus
Favorite Books: LOTR Trilogy (I have a dozen different editions, Companion books, Books on the Histories, Languages, etc.), Sword of Truth series, Dragonlance series, etc.
Humor: it varies
Computer Knowledge: kinda limited...for now
Video Games: Ragnarok Online, Warcraft 3, Crystal Chronicles, LoZ: Ocarina of Time, LoZ: Majora's Mask, LoZ: Wind Waker
Anime: Megatokyo, Inu Yasha, Angelic Layer, and many more
Allergies: x_x all. the. time.
Hangouts: erm.....don't have any.
Music taste: I like everything.
Future plans: Have a family, be an animator for EA Games or something.

wow I just realized how much of a geek I am. Actually you *could* classify me as a nerd since I have almost no social life. laugh.gif
arachnidoc17
I wish I could get a Bender wind-up...
Mutilation
I got 6.31164% - Poser on the first test and 23% on the second. And you would start from 0 not 1 if you measured things not counted things.
DarkInferno
YOU ARE 62 % GEEK !

22) Have you never physically seen at least 2 of them?

It can see me!!! *RUNS*
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.