Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Pic I've Made
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Creations
Mata
Sometimes animating constantly drives me nuts, so I make pictures instead. Here's a man on a street.

gothictheysay
Ooh...he has some very distinct facial features biggrin.gif nice! And the head works without hair. When I draw bald people they look silly. tongue.gif
Forever Unknown
The man on the street looks like he's going to beat me up... But 'tis fantabulous.
Jonman
You could probably sell that as a skate/snowboard graphic.
Mata
Perhaps, but it would need more work for that kind of thing, some fidlign with the contrast levels, some work on the textures... And then I'd need to work out how to get someone to buy it!
froggle-rock
violence usually works tongue.gif
artist.unknown
The best part is how the eye is bloodshot. I love bizarre little details like that in art.
spiffilicious05
I love the use of shadows on the guy's face. It looks sweet.
arachnidoc17
QUOTE (artist.unknown @ Aug 13 2004, 01:36 PM)
The best part is how the eye is bloodshot. I love bizarre little details like that in art.

Kind of like the bizzareness of that one paiting with the rubber clocks everywhere?
artist.unknown
Kind of like the bizzareness of that one paiting with the rubber clocks everywhere?

No, I don't like Dali. What I meant was, I appreciate it when artists pay attention to small, interesting details. Like the posture of a subject, or the particular position of their hand, or a frayed bit of fabric, or in this case, bloodshot eyes; the small things in a picture that effect the overall.
arachnidoc17
QUOTE (artist.unknown @ Aug 15 2004, 08:50 PM)

No, I don't like Dali. What I meant was, I appreciate it when artists pay attention to small, interesting details. Like the posture of a subject, or the particular position of their hand, or a frayed bit of fabric, or in this case, bloodshot eyes; the small things in a picture that effect the overall.

For some reason that triggers SOMETHING in my brain, but I don't know what or why.

EDIT: ah, yes. The crack on one of the scales of a painting of a snake.

EDIT AGAIN:The shine in someone's eyes, reflecting a city you can just BARELY make out, but for some reason it looks familiar...
jenofthejen
He looks just like my brother!

Talent like that should be used for everyone to see.
Dreams On Hiatus
It's really bizarre and cool at the same time. smile.gif
Righteous
QUOTE (Jonman @ Aug 12 2004, 07:45 AM)
You could probably sell that as a skate/snowboard graphic.

Yeah. A bit more cartoony and Black Label would love it (it looks like a graphic Ragdoll or Kristian Svitak would dig), though I'm sure there are skate companies that would take it as-is.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.