Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Avatar
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Tips and tricks
arachnidoc17
Hey can someone resize my avatar? It's not showing up, just shows a little x in the corner. I know what it is, a white Murcie, but I can't get it to show up. Also, I have no idea how to resize things. wacko.gif
LoLo
Your picture doesn't show up at all. When I went to the address you linked this from it wouldn't even come up.

If you go back and find the picture you can download it and change the size in a paint program. If you use something like Paint Shop Pro or Adobe I believe it's under the image menu and you just choose to resize it. Make sure it stays within the ration of 102x116 pixels. Then you'll have to find some place to host your avatar to link it. I suggest www.webpost.net

Hope that helps.
Pab
Nah .. I see the pic fine ... there is one too many http:// in the address ... edit one out and it should work ... the size is fine too btw
arachnidoc17
Thanks! It worked!
arachnidoc17
I like my new avatar, but I can't figure out how to edit the text under it. Anyone know THAT one?
Greeneyes
Custom member title. It should be in your controls.
arachnidoc17
can't find it, do i have to be a member for a certain amount of time?
DarkInferno
indeed wink.gif
Mata
On the 'my controls' page, you can click on the 'edit profile info' and if it's available to you then you can change the words below your name in there.

I can't actually remember if I've put any restriction on when people are allowed to change that text...
Greeneyes
I seem to remember something about 50 posts. That might be it. Or that might be my imagination. These things are never very clear.
gothictheysay
It's 100 posts. and if doesn't show up at 100, post one more time and you'll have it.

I was so excited when I got mine to work tongue.gif
cait
100 posts was fun. ^-^ But then, when you realize you have nothing that great to type, it takes some of the glory out of it...
Mata
I think I lowered it from 100 posts because it just meant that some people would post gibberish for their first 100 posts just to change their av sig, which struck me as rather defeating the point of a forum really.
arachnidoc17
So, I should be able to change it after, maybe, 50? That would be nice, because I'm already at 34-ish, and counting.
Sir Psycho Sexy
didn't it get lowered from 1000 or 500 in the first place? because people were spamming....i thought it stayed at 100...is it 50 now? *should pay more attention*
Mr Fuzzy
It used to be set at 500 posts but is currently 100. It's quite easy to rack up over 100 posts in a week without spamming at all if you're being lively and conversational, so it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Those who have custom titles should check to see what they get when they're deleted from time to time though.. Sometimes I feel playfull and add new default ones at various levels.
Mata
I've added a few more default titles at 500 post points up to 5k, just to keep things fun.
CommieBastard
Oooh, I notice I have a new one now...
Phyllis
QUOTE (Mr Fuzzy @ Aug 16 2004, 12:10 PM)
Those who have custom titles should check to see what they get when they're deleted from time to time though.. Sometimes I feel playfull and add new default ones at various levels.

Haha...my default is now "Eats meals while typing." I'm going to have to remember to take out my custom one now and again to see what other levels you put in there. tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.