Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Should I Allow Lord Of Darkness Back?
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
Mata
This isn't a poll because the parties that he threatened are outnumbered by those who weren't involved.

I've had an email from LoD asking to be allowed back on here and saying that he will behave.

He was barred for breaking the first rule of the forum by using personally agressive and abusive language to other members, this was after he had already been given one warning.

Any return would be a final chance and entirely conditional on future good behavior.

So what do you think? Did he blow his chances by continuing to be agressive towards other posters after a warning or should he be given one more go now that it has been demonstrated that he can be barred permanently should he behavior return?

I'll leave this thread online for a few days before I make any decision either way.

Mata
Hyperion
Hmm. I'm sitting on the fence for this one.

On one hand, everyone deserves a second chance.

On the other, he threatened some of my favorite zoners.

On the other hand, he was annoying as heck.

On the other hand (I suppose I'm using feet by now), he didn't stand up for himself, and that bothers me.

But he still probably deserves another chance. And if he's still annoying and schtuff, well, he'll be banned again coz this is based on behavior. Yep. So. *shrug*
leopold
Well...

He did manage to get back online for a day or so, after he was banned (not sure how he managed it, but that's prolly another story) an he did behave himself. He even wrote an apology thread, which I thought was pretty mature, as it would be far easier to just walk away an leave it...

I guess sometimes people need more of a shock than a "shot across the bows" warnin, like ya gave him. It's a pity ya had to go as far as banning him before he sat up an took notice, but at least he did!

(As an aside, it's also proved yer forum rules aren't a "paper tiger", an that you will enforce them when necessary... that should encourage others to behave too.)

I personally don't have a problem wi him comin back as he never annoyed me that much... I know I got carried away wi the whole thing though, which I'm not too proud of... However, he did upset a friend of mine on this forum, an I can't say she'll be so forgiving - but I do know if he apologises to her directly for what he said, she may view it more kindly...

I think he's learned his lesson, an as such deserves a second chance.
Jonman
Yeah, give the lad a second chance. Personally, I think it's only a matter of time before he offends someone else, or acts like a 6 year old who's had too many colourings again (based on his responses in chat over the last few days), but as Hyperion says, gotta give him the benefit of the doubt.

Make it clear that he's to be on best behaviour....
Free Psycho
I agree that you should let him back, Mata. He did act maturally when he sneaked back on for a couple of days. And what do you have to lose? If he misbehaves again, you can just kick him off permenatlly (I can't spell)
NummyNums
yeah i think he desrves another chance.. cuz there is someone else.. (who i do not wanna name to avoid conflict) that can be really anooying and was really mean to one of my peeps at her e-wedding because she didnt want him to priest... so i say if yah ban one you should ban others...
Mata
He did manage to get back online for a day or so, after he was banned

I hadn't worked out how to use the ban IP address function for someone who has a variable IP address for eachtime they come online. rolleyes.gif
MistressAlti
I agree with Jonman. Let him on, but with a condition: if he starts up with his old antics, he should be removed permanently. And he probably will be immature again, but he deserves a chance to prove himself otherwise.
Mata
[...]there is someone else.. (who i do not wanna name to avoid conflict) that can be really anooying and was really mean[...]

If people are breaking the rules then do report them to myself or Jonman (or both of us) naming the thread where the abuse is happening. We do take a very serious view of this but we do have a sense of balance too so we try to give people a chance to mend their ways and apologise.

I'll spare you any more explanation before I start sounding like a 1984 'PEACE IS WAR' slogan wink.gif
Spacehappy
Personally Mata, it's your forum and he broke your rules. I did not have a problem with the guy as i did not find anything intresting in his posts so i skipped them. But at the end of the day would you feel happy with him back?.
LoLo
I personally do believe in second chances, although from what I have heard LOD got a warning before you banned him, and by ignoring that I do think that was him using up his second chance.

LOD can be ok, but when one breaks a rule they do have to suffer the consiquences...........all in all though it's definatly your call Mata and I just have to say probably a hard call to make.
Sun Tsu
If you, Mata, truly think he/she's learnt their lesson, let them back.

Sun Tsu
LilNick
i think LoD should say sorry to most of the people in this forum and if Mata lets him come back and the LoD starts it again he should never be allowed back.
This is only my opinion though.
Sir Psycho Sexy
i think our kid shot himself in the foot a long time ago and should not be allowed back, i don't wanna say anymore here really, possibly because most people won't agree with what i think, but by the looks of it he'll be back, i just wish he wasn't so....competetive.....
LoLo
I'll put this cause I don't know if I was completely clear........I know LOD made an apology....I know that he has problems, and sometimes can be rather cool.....but I think he has had his chances, the warning, then getting kicked off, so I personally don't feel he should be let back on, just for a matter of bringing down the feeling of the forum with the death threats, and other threats intended to intimidate others into not disagreeing with him.

Thats my 2 cents, but like I said previously, it's Mata's forum its Mata's decision.
prezgfish
hmm the guy spammed worse than i thought was immaginable every thread when he was in got one line posts he made the forum a littl emore boring

at first i was amused but it eventually became annoying.

and you can think what you want of that statement
CrissiLove
Three chances and you are out, maybe? I don't know... I think that LoD really is a good person. I know that he behaved badly and acted immature at times, but when he came back for that one day, he was nice, contrite, and showed that he can behave maturely while still being fun to chat with. So, we know he is capable of behaving properly and he knows that he WILL be banned if he does not... I think that things could work out if he is given another chance.

But, this is just my opinion and it really means nada... I just wanted to share it anyways tongue.gif I am sure that Mata will do what he really thinks is best. smile.gif
Pikasyuu
I s'pose, but of course, it's up to you. If he is let back, strict probation? .. Very strict. x_X
gerbilfromhell
QUOTE (Mata @ Apr 21 2003, 04:09 PM)
This isn't a poll because the parties that he threatened are outnumbered by those who weren't involved.

I've had an email from LoD asking to be allowed back on here and saying that he will behave.

He was barred for breaking the first rule of the forum by using personally agressive and abusive language to other members, this was after he had already been given one warning.

Any return would be a final chance and entirely conditional on future good behavior.

So what do you think? Did he blow his chances by continuing to be agressive towards other posters after a warning or should he be given one more go now that it has been demonstrated that he can be barred permanently should he behavior return?

I'll leave this thread online for a few days before I make any decision either way.

Mata

well, lod was back for a day after you barred him (i assume he was usin a different ip adress, maybe monky's) and he posted about 150 times and was extremely nice (he made 2 public apologys if you wanna go check). he should definitelly come back. o, btw, if he wanted to continue threatenin ppl, he could, but he doesn't
o yeah, one last thing, i've been talkin to him after he stopped postin, he really is sorry about what he did and really would like to come back. i dun think he really understood how seriously ppl would take what he did and when ppl began reactin to his threats, angry posts, etc. with anger towards him (which is the obvious reaction tho i'm not blamin anyone for this) he got kinda suprised and thought the forum had turned on him and began lashin out at it. i KNOW he'd be much better if you let him back. but, as everyone's been sayin, it's mata's decision, i jus hope i mighta showed him somethin he overlooked before
cheese is funny
ok... seeing as how i started the whole mess that ended up with him getting banned, i feel that i need to be serious for once...

i agree that everyone deserves a second chance...
i talked with him yesterday, and he was cool... but then quickly got mad... cause started talking about destorying the world (etc)
as much as the death threats scared/annoyed me, i say we forgive and forget... (i think he got back to jaq and tara about them saying he was sorry... i could be wrong...)

all in all, i say he should allowed to come back... but when he messes up again, hes gone...
leopold
QUOTE (CrissiLove @ Apr 21 2003, 10:27 PM)
But, this is just my opinion and it really means nada...

Like fun it doesn't!!!!

Everyone's opinion counts here! Even the misguided ones!! Not that yours is misguided.... I didn't say that.... *ahem*

Oh look, a blue an yellow giraffe!!!

*runs away*
CrissiLove
QUOTE (leopold @ Apr 21 2003, 05:31 PM)

Like fun it doesn't!!!!

Everyone's opinion counts here! Even the misguided ones!! Not that yours is misguided.... I didn't say that.... *ahem*

*runs away*

pppffffttttttt tongue.gif hehe How's that for an opinion? hehe wink.gif
leopold
QUOTE (CrissiLove @ Apr 21 2003, 11:33 PM)
pppffffttttttt tongue.gif hehe How's that for an opinion? hehe wink.gif

Well, if we're gunna resort to that level of argument...

nyah nyah boo ta you!!! tongue.gif
CrissiLove
QUOTE (leopold @ Apr 21 2003, 05:35 PM)
QUOTE (CrissiLove @ Apr 21 2003, 11:33 PM)
pppffffttttttt  tongue.gif  hehe  How's that for an opinion?  hehe wink.gif

Well, if we're gunna resort to that level of argument...

nyah nyah boo ta you!!! tongue.gif

tongue.gif yeah... we're mature here.... lol (note: I included myself in that) *Hug*
LoLo
I was talking with someone who will remain nameless......and they feel that LOD makes them uncomfortable... but they don't really want to say anything bad about him ....... so I just thought I would put this up here for them and leave them anonymous.
gerbilfromhell
*coughs* get back on topic here, or else we'll start talkin about cannibalism/flashin/castratin and mata won't hear our opinions. this is probably the one serious thread in the entire forum so don't you dare murder it.
racingaway13
well, i talked to LoD and i think he has learned his lesson... but if he puts a toe out of line then i recomend that he be kicked in the arse and told that
*west virginian accent*
"yer kin aint welcome heer no more"
*/west virgian accent*
or something to that effect

but LoD did show maturity and remorse when he made the "public apology" thread and i think that should be one thing for him
and i think that he just needs to understand that its not tolerated, and i think after being banned everyone will be a bit more cautious with threats
i know i learned my lession about threats

i would also like to say, i am always joking when i make all my morbid/sick/"your mom" jokes i never mean any of that in an offensive way
gerbilfromhell
i think there should be a poll so mata can clearly see what ppl think
Hate Machina
NO, I said, damn no!
gerbilfromhell
i believe i speak for the forum in general that knows you that your opinions are worthless because you're constantly negative and hateful just cause you want attention. mad.gif
LoLo
QUOTE (gerbilfromhell @ Apr 21 2003, 05:15 PM)
i believe i speak for the forum in general that knows you that your opinions are worthless because you're constantly negative and hateful just cause you want attention. mad.gif

no ones opionion is worthless,,,,,,,,,,,,back on topic! lol
gerbilfromhell
it's only worthless cause it's not really his opinion. it's basicly an auto-response of 'no' or 'i hate that' or 'that's stupid' or whatever. if he voiced his actual opinions, i'd listen to him
neways, back on topic: PLZ GET LOD BACK! remember, by bannin him you ban monky who can only post from lod's computer
racingaway13
well i talked to LoD and i kinda talked him out of changing his IP to post here, that shows he wants to come back but is willing to follow proper channels and i feel that he needs the chance, and i am very much for him being strictly paroled
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (gerbilfromhell @ Apr 22 2003, 01:28 AM)
it's only worthless cause it's not really his opinion. it's basicly an auto-response of 'no' or 'i hate that' or 'that's stupid' or whatever. if he voiced his actual opinions, i'd listen to him
neways, back on topic: PLZ GET LOD BACK! remember, by bannin him you ban monky who can only post from lod's computer

i realise that you're talking about hate machina, but are all the opinions that don't want LoD back worthless?
gerbilfromhell
no, of course not. everyone else has managed to make valid, serious points about why they do or don't want lod back. hate machina jus made a negative comment without even knowin who lod is. i respect everyone's opinions, i'm jus not listenin to hate cause those aren't his real opinions, he jus makes negative comments for attention
Sir Psycho Sexy
furry muff (fair enough if you didn't know tongue.gif)
gerbilfromhell
lol laugh.gif i'm gonna make a poll about this now (makes poll)
MistressAlti
QUOTE (gerbilfromhell @ Apr 21 2003, 08:28 PM)

Hon, I hate to tell you this, but LoD sent me a message telling me that he WAS monky, but I wasn't supposed to tell. And I wasn't, until you brought this up as some sort of persuasion tactic.
phoenix
i think i join shortly after all this happened but i did see his apology and i have talked to him on the chat for a little bit i thought he was pretty cool .

everyone deserves a second chance but sometimes people need to be made a example of. i'm up against a wall on this.

-mata what ever you decide the people on here will respect and honor your desicion, i think it should be up to you in the end.
racingaway13
ultimately it is up to mata in the end, and i know everyone on here will have faith that his descision will be right, that or we wont hear too much from them, that or maybe a whole lot.... who knows but i know i will be behind mata whichever road he takes on this matter
Jaq
I don't think that Mata should allow LoD back. This might sound harsh, but he broke the rules and he should suffer the consequences. When he was here he was given many chance to stop what he was doing but the only thing that stopped him was Mata kicking him off. He's not sorry for saying the annoying and threatening things, he's only sorry that he got caught.
Oni Usagi
I don't know, maybe maybe not.

I never really knew him, or much about him.

I don't really have any strong opinions one way or the other.

He was back for a while wasn't he?

I don't really know what rules he broke, maybe I do and I just don't remember.
I could ask someone or possibly just read this thread, but as it turns out, I'm quite lazy.
I mean really that was one huge sentence, and the only reason it was so long was cause I didn't feel like thinking of a way to start another sentence and end the first.
prezgfish
QUOTE (leopold @ Apr 21 2003, 11:31 PM)

Like fun it doesn't!!!!

*runs away*

right i've been looking for an hour now and i still cant find that giraffe
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (racingaway13 @ Apr 22 2003, 05:57 AM)
ultimately it is up to mata in the end, and i know everyone on here will have faith that his descision will be right, that or we wont hear too much from them, that or maybe a whole lot.... who knows but i know i will be behind mata whichever road he takes on this matter

it is mata's choice, but its pointless to say that, i think he made his decision when he banned LoD's IP and he will let him back only if the majority want it....correct me if i'm wrong mata unsure.gif
prezgfish
how do you become the anti santa?
Sir Psycho Sexy
you have to watch Father Ted to understand it.....
prezgfish
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Apr 22 2003, 12:25 PM)
you have to watch Father Ted to understand it.....

I'm guessing it involves stealling childrens presents

oh and i've not seen that father ted
Sir Psycho Sexy
it's hard to explain in a forum
prezgfish
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Apr 22 2003, 12:28 PM)
it's hard to explain in a forum

in this forum are you sure?
saucy_tara
I don't think that LoD was ever truely nice and truly sorry for what he did. For a start Mata told him to apologise to me personally, which he never did, and to me that's just completely ignorant. I am very uncomfortable at the thought of him coming back, and probably would not be the only one to feel this. I think that if he comes back the forum will lose some good members who will be ousted by his sociopathic behaviour. Mata shouldn't let him back. At all.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.