Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Should I Allow Lord Of Darkness Back?
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
prezgfish
Aint seen you in a while tara
saucy_tara
Yeah, been busy doing uni stuff sad.gif
leopold
QUOTE (saucy_tara @ Apr 22 2003, 02:20 PM)
For a start Mata told him to apologise to me personally, which he never did, and to me that's just completely ignorant.

Ah... well this changes things a tad fer me... A blanket apology is all well an good but I think he really shoulda done this... I'm now really not too sure...
Debaser
i'm sitting on the fence for this one...

on one hand, he does seem genuinely sorry, and he's calmed down a bit since he was last on...

on the other, no one knows if he'll kick off again if he gets un-banned...

i dunno. i'm staying out of this...
saucy_tara
I think at the end of the day we all come on this forum for a bit of escapism from the s**t of real life, and to have a good laugh with friends. I personally felt threatened by LoD being part of this forum, and believe me, I don't scare none too easily!!!I'ts just nice to be able to come here and chat, not to deal with other peoples emotional baggage.....
Spacehappy
QUOTE (saucy_tara @ Apr 22 2003, 05:49 PM)
I'ts just nice to be able to come here and chat, not to deal with other peoples emotional baggage.....

Opps me slips out the door quietly wink.gif

Sorry back on topic.
Free Psycho
QUOTE (saucy_tara @ Apr 22 2003, 12:49 PM)
I'ts just nice to be able to come here and chat, not to deal with other peoples emotional baggage.....

I agree, but it happens anyway, so shouldn't he be given a second chance to prove himself more mature even if he winds up disproving himself? I just think Mata has nothing really to lose in letting LOD back on, even though I wasn't threatened by him or anything...
saucy_tara
nooo, you misunderstand!!!! I love all you guys on here, and if any of you had a problem I would be one of the first to give help and advice. But, I think LoD had a serious problem with his state of mind, and this echoed (to me anyway) in his posts about death, destruction and so on. It started to bring me down and make me angry, and that is just an unhealthy way to be.But I'm happy now!!!!! smile.gif cool.gif smile.gif
Jaq
I agree with Tara. LoD sent me threats too, and I didn't report them to Mata (stupid, gah!) He seems to have some real problems that hurt his ability to talk to people in a calm, sane manner. He has trouble communicating with people without threatening them or being antagonistic. This is especially troubling on the internet where the only way that people get to know you is by talking, and as stated before, he has troubles with talking nicely to people. I hope Mata will stick by his first decision to ban LoD from the boards.
wolfbane
I think I have to agree with Jaq, Tara and SPS on this one. Although LoD was never threatening to me he did consistently break the rules even after having been warned by Mata. To me that says that he was given a second chance and ignored it. It was only after being kicked off that he actually took any notice, and as far as I'm concerned there's nothing to say that he couldn't (wouldn't) do that again. MissyAlti also said what a lot of us thought - that LoD was actually monjy - I think his actions as monky illustrate that he's not as responsible/mature as he'd have us believe in the more recent posts. I know that I'm not on here as much as a lot of other people are, and maybe that means I don't have as much right to decide whether LoD should come back, but he threatened people who I would regard as friends, and I would feel uncomfortable if he was allowed back.

That's my tuppence worth anyway.
saucy_tara
Well said Wolfy, just because you don't come on here as much as some do, you still should have a say in the forum...Heck, I'm an occasional kinda gal meself!!!
wolfbane
Thanks tara smile.gif I realised after I posted oit how long it actually was...oops! Oh well, least I got to say something sensible for once!
gerbilfromhell
hmmmm.... i dunno anymore...... i mean, it all depends on how you look at it. one way is that yeah, lod does have some problems and did break the rules, but how fair is it to shun the ppl who've got somethin wrong in their lives? that's probably what got them their problems in the first place (and it's not like we were extremely nice to him, tho that's kinda to be expected from someone who sends you death threats). on the other hand, he DID break the rules, he WAS warned so he did get a secone chance. in the end, i'm still in favor of givin him ONE last chance, now that he knows the consequences of his actions he'll behave better, so we'd be nice to him (cause he'd be nice to us) and that might help him thru whatever problem he has.
LoLo
I'm going to completely disregaurd who this person is...........he broke the rules......he was warned......he still broke the rules.....he was kicked off......a consiquence for bad actions.

If he is let back on what will the consiquence of that be? Other people thinking that they can break rules and all they will have to do is appologize, or say they have "problems" to be allowed back on.

I'm going to be quiet about it now. If you guys miss LOD he has been frequenting the chatroom and you can talk to him there......just a side note.
gerbilfromhell
yeah but SOME of us have computers that are slowly dying and can't get into chat and can't use aim anymore
talking to faeries
I'm not really sure how valid my opinion is cos I haven't been on here for a while so I'm not entirely sure whats been going on. But I am in favour of giving people the benifit of the doubt. If he truely is sorry for what was done then I think that he should be given a final chance, but thats exactly what it should be - FINAL. If it happens again then thats it, he should go.

But, as I said, my opinion isn't that important as I haven't been on here very often recently so I don't know the full story.
LoLo
QUOTE (talking to faeries @ Apr 22 2003, 01:27 PM)
But, as I said, my opinion isn't that important as I haven't been on here very often recently so I don't know the full story.

everyone's opinion is important
prezgfish
QUOTE (leopold @ Apr 22 2003, 05:43 PM)
QUOTE (saucy_tara @ Apr 22 2003, 02:20 PM)
For a start Mata told him to apologise to me personally, which he never did, and to me that's just completely ignorant.

Ah... well this changes things a tad fer me... A blanket apology is all well an good but I think he really shoulda done this... I'm now really not too sure...

if he's the reason tara hasn't been posting lately then he has a detrimental effect on th forums and therefore shouldn't be allowed back
Smallsam
I dont think he should be allowed back. Im sure hes a great guy and all, blah blah blah, but he didnt choose to show those colors here, to us. He chose to threaten and verbally abuse members of our forums, and how he is in real life shouldnt effect how we view him here. We should look only at his behavior and ability to socialize positively with the people here, and only here. He had his chances, and he wasted them, and I personally think he should pay the price of his actions. Plus, he gives me the heebie jeebies, and he doesnt really contribute all that much to the board. He was quite the little spamming machine, wasnt he?

Ooo, and I was talking to him in the chat, and he was perfectly civil for a period of time, but he was rather quick to anger once the subject of "distroying" the world came up. huh.gif

He seems slightly unbalanced, and although I dont doubt his remorse and desire to return, I have no confidence that he wouldnt simply repeat his past mistakes. He doesnt seem to understand that violence isnt funny.

But, like it has been said here a billion times already, it is Mata's choice. I just believe he should stand by his original decision.
prezgfish
wow smallsam really cares bout this one
gerbilfromhell
i dun think ppl should guess what he WILL do if he gets let back (this goes for BOTH sides, not jus the anti-forgive lod side), jus go with what's happened. i believe that mata's supposed to make his decision tomorrow, and we've already said every possible point that can be said about this issue, so why not let it drop until mata makes his decision?
Smallsam
*shrugz*
I just thought we were all supposed to share our opinions, and I hadnt said mine yet. smile.gif
prezgfish
QUOTE (gerbilfromhell @ Apr 22 2003, 11:25 PM)
i dun think ppl should guess what he WILL do if he gets let back (this goes for BOTH sides, not jus the anti-forgive lod side), jus go with what's happened. i believe that mata's supposed to make his decision tomorrow, and we've already said every possible point that can be said about this issue, so why not let it drop until mata makes his decision?

why are you pro lod anyway for the first 5 days all he did was insult you before you conformed to him
gerbilfromhell
conformed to him? mad.gif what you talkin bout fou? tongue.gif 'sides, he's actually really nice and funny if you dun get him angry/talkin about destroyin stuff and he is better than hate machina (o god, imagine if hate had as many posts as lod ph34r.gif )
prezgfish
QUOTE (gerbilfromhell @ Apr 22 2003, 11:33 PM)
conformed to him? mad.gif what you talkin bout fou? tongue.gif 'sides, he's actually really nice and funny if you dun get him angry/talkin about destroyin stuff and he is better than hate machina (o god, imagine if hate had as many posts as lod ph34r.gif )

hate was abviously a joke and quite frankly i was laughing at all the idiots who never got it my self so he continued and they still never got the joke so we were both laughing as loud as possible at it
Sir Psycho Sexy
just an observation but its amazing how empty the irc chat room's become since LoD's been frequenting it more, maybe a con-incidence but i'm not too sure
prezgfish
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Apr 22 2003, 11:43 PM)
just an observation but its amazing how empty the irc chat room's become since LoD's been frequenting it more, maybe a con-incidence but i'm not too sure

I'm not on the chat and i don't plan on going back soon.

another thing to note i have enjoyed the forums much more since he left
gerbilfromhell
QUOTE (prezgfish @ Apr 22 2003, 11:37 PM)
conformed to him? mad.gif  what you talkin bout fou? tongue.gif 'sides, he's actually really nice and funny if you dun get him angry/talkin about destroyin stuff and he is better than hate machina (o god, imagine if hate had as many posts as lod ph34r.gif )

hate was abviously a joke and quite frankly i was laughing at all the idiots who never got it my self so he continued and they still never got the joke so we were both laughing as loud as possible at it

i know it was a joke. it jus got REALLY annoyin after awhile. that's why we were all huggin hate, to play along with the joke. but i got pissed off at it reaaal quick
prezgfish
QUOTE (gerbilfromhell @ Apr 22 2003, 11:47 PM)
QUOTE (prezgfish @ Apr 22 2003, 11:37 PM)

i know it was a joke. it jus got REALLY annoyin after awhile. that's why we were all huggin hate, to play along with the joke. but i got pissed off at it reaaal quick

it was cheese's reaction that i thought was amusing
racingaway13
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Apr 22 2003, 07:19 AM)
QUOTE (racingaway13 @ Apr 22 2003, 05:57 AM)
ultimately it is up to mata in the end, and i know everyone on here will have faith that his descision will be right, that or we wont hear too much from them, that or maybe a whole lot.... who knows but i know i will be behind mata whichever road he takes on this matter

it is mata's choice, but its pointless to say that, i think he made his decision when he banned LoD's IP and he will let him back only if the majority want it....correct me if i'm wrong mata unsure.gif

well, i think its come up to discussion because mata wants to know how we feel so its really not pointless to say that we will stand by mata's choice since thats how we feel on the matter
Mata
I'm deciding to not let LoD back.

I'm about to post a new thread with my reasoning.
prezgfish
QUOTE (Mata @ Apr 23 2003, 11:49 AM)
I'm deciding to not let LoD back.

I'm about to post a new thread with my reasoning.

thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.