Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sketchbooks
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Creations
LoLo
Sketchbooks sometimes contain total crap and sometimes contain total genius. Hell sometimes they contain both.

I don't know if anyone else does this but I carry around a sketchbook when I'm at school so that if I get bored I can doodle, or try and draw something for real.

I had this idea as I was doing one of my pictures in my sketchbook yesterday that it would be fun if we had a thread where people could come and post pictures that they may want to share from their sketchbooks, be it total genius or utter crap.

I'll start it off with last nights creation :

The Bobster
It makes me think of Van Gogh's self-portrait somehow ...

I like the idea of this thread, and I hope others pick up on it. I don't have a scanner next to me so will not be able to participate in the spirit of it, though.

I buy sketchbooks to use as diaries and journals, but I seldom sketch in them, it's mainly because I don't like notebooks with lines on the page - you know, sometimes I want to write in tiny print and sometimes like the letters to be BIG.

Sometimes I'll write a poem in them, and often it's not one of my own. Can I share?

Sometimes

by Sheenagh Pugh

Sometimes things don't go, after all,

from bad to worse. Some years muscadel

faces down the frost, green thrives, the crops don't fail,

sometimes a man aims high, and all goes well.

A people sometimes will step back from war,

elect an honest man; decide they care

enough, that they can't leave some stranger poor.

Some men become what they were born for.

Sometimes our best efforts do not go

amiss; sometimes we do as we meant to.

The sun will sometimes melt a field of sorrow

that seemed hard frozen : may it happen for you.

Azrael The Cat
I have a sketchbook, but I never use it. I stick to notebookds or the stacks of manila, watercolour and white paper on my desk.

Actually the only thing I use my sketchbook for is to write in ideas I get for plots to cheesy sci-fi movies, lol.

There's one were Christian Fanatics take over a city by turning everyone into jesus-loving zombies and the only survivors are a bunch of kids having a goth meetup day at the public library. tongue.gif
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Oh wow - Azrael, the top one is absolutely beautiful!

Seriously, it actually took my breath away. smile.gif
Azrael The Cat
Lol, thank you. I try. I really should draw more though, I am good at it if I really want to be.
artist.unknown
Agreed, Azreal, I really like that top picture. It's very interesting. I'd like to see more of your artwork.

My sketch books have taken over my room. It's a conspiracy to trip me, I swear. One of these days I will stop being lazy and scan something.
...To-day is not that day. -.-;;
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.