Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mini London Meet:
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3
froggle-rock
Hey all,

I'm suggesting a mini London meet, ie: one night in a pub in London. Anytime after the 24th of September is good for me. erm, I'm thinking a weekend night?

I thought of suggesting it after Faerieryn couldn't make it to Manchester last weekend. Plus, I know there's not likley to be a 'proper' meet in London, because its so expensive.

When would be good, and any suggested pubs or the like? I thought the closer to town, the better, coz that way it'll propbably be better for people to get to, and get away from.

Mata warned me not to expect a massive response. I just thought it would be nice to meet some more Matazonians.

What do all think? -Better question: Who would be interested?
Forever Unknown
I would, but not until October because my bank account is dead after Manchester.

But then, you've already seen me get drunk and make a tit out of myself, so I'm not so exciting.
Mata
I always suggest The World's End in Camden. It's pretty much directly across the road from Camden tube station, and Camden is on the Northern line, which means that it's easy for everyone to get to with minimal tube navigation.
Forever Unknown
I love that pub. I've never actually drunk there, but I've gone in looking for somewhere to sit and have a drink, and thought 'oooh. Nice.'.
Polocrunch
I'm up for it. I need to do some clothes shopping up there anyway, so Camden is good for me.
CommieBastard
I'd definitely attend. And I second the World's End.
Faerieryn
As you all know I am hopeless for getting to things and getting out of amrking, planning etc but I would love to meet up with you guys. SO a london meet would definitely be cool for me. Camden is an excellent plan and I would certainly be up for a friday/ saturday night. Catch you all later! Ryn
froggle-rock
Yay!

I'm good for the World's End, there's also a samller 'Goth' pub just along the road a little. Oh, and how about Full Tilt? I've been thinking of going for a while?

erm, hmm. The 2nd and 3th of October is the first weekend, would that be good for you Forever Unknown and everyone else? If its a Saturday night, I can get there earlier.

So please post what day would be good.
EvilSpork
Put me on a plane and I'd join you. Or get me a bigger boat.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
I'd probably be up for it - money allowing.

November would be better for me though, it's my birthday in October and I have to go to Cumbria to visit the devil bitch from hell (AKA Kais grandmother).
CommieBastard
QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ Sep 12 2004, 10:01 PM)
I'm good for the World's End, there's also a samller 'Goth' pub just along the road a little.

The Dev, you mean? A highly suspicious establishment. Hurrah.

As for Full Tilt, I've never been, but I'd consider it...or if you really want to make a night of it, there's always the Slimelight...
froggle-rock
Slime Night is too much of a piller evening for me, but it is open untill 7 in the morning, and you can bring your own alcoholic drinks! I'm not too fuseed, I guess a majority vote thing?
CommieBastard
I'm not much of a clubbing person, but I'm willing to have a go of it if everyone else is going to go...
froggle-rock
The Dev, you mean?

Yeah, the Devonshire Arms, bit smaller, more friendly. erm, October, November?

When is good for you others?

biggrin.gif
Polocrunch
I had some bad experiences with my only clubbing experience at G-A-Y (I really don't like Britney Spears, OK?) so I'd like to be rehabilitated into the club-scene. Pubs are generally easier though, especially if younger folks are coming.

And oh boy! I'm turning eighteen before November, so I'll be able to drink!

Well, legally anyway.
Sir Psycho Sexy
didn't Johnny Depp used to go to slime light? that's what i heard, i also heard slimelight can go on AAAALLLLL night, i might be available, and if slimelight's on the cards i have a friends who's been there and would be up for a second visit....he's odd.....he wears a tail....and has seen me naked >_<

failing that, worlds end is always a giggle....if barry brings his snuff tongue.gif
froggle-rock
Actually my birthday is in mid November?

Could people please post wheather or not November is good, ie: November. Also, if pub or pub and club would be the prefrance?

Smiles.
CommieBastard
Both October and November are equally affable; I have a couple of gigs in November, I'll check up on when they are exactly. I'll definitely be along for the pub, I'll say a tentative yes to the club but I reserve the right to mumble my excuses and slink off home upon leaving the pub, occasionally swigging from a hip flask.
Sir Psycho Sexy
i'll put up a tentative yes, it all seems like a good idea, but i was forced to try a number of whiskey's last night by a friend of my dads and we ended up staggering around lille for a few hours....drink is not my friend at the moment
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Yay to pub - clubbing if everyone's up for it.
froggle-rock
I wasn't suggesting a major booze night, just thought it would be nice for people who could get into and out of London without any troubles, to meet up for a night.

I'm not big drinker either, luckily I never passed out underneath the canal bridge in Camden.
CommieBastard
QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ Sep 12 2004, 10:53 PM)
I'm not big drinker either, luckily I never passed out underneath the canal bridge in Camden.

If you think about it, it's a pretty good place to be passing out. I mean, in comparison with all the other places in London you could pass out.
Polocrunch
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Sep 12 2004, 10:03 PM)
QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ Sep 12 2004, 10:53 PM)

If you think about it, it's a pretty good place to be passing out. I mean, in comparison with all the other places in London you could pass out.

You could, for example, pass out in G-A-Y and wake up with Christina Aguilera and Britney Speares singing madly in your mind. Purely for example. It's never happened to me or anything. Ah-haha.
froggle-rock
So: Pubage in Camden, then a club,sometimne in November? How does that sound to people?
Mata
November works for me. Personally I'm more up for the pub then heading home. Last time I did Slimelight I ended up heading off in a taxi about five AM feeling very tired indeed, now there wouldn't be anywhere to slink to... But then again, I've not been clubbing for a very very long time, and it would be interesting to see how the old place has changed, and just how old it will make me feel.

I'm a definite yes for the pub, a more tentative maybe for a club.
markslut
London People!
I will be around for a couple of hours on the 2nd, before I head off to mass (I get into Waterloo at 7 though) biggrin.gif I have tickets for Torture Garden so if any pervs see me there say hello!

I am about all day on the 3rd and 4th (excluding the Rubber Ball in the Evening)

The 5th I'll be on a Train back to Devon
Pixelgoth
Alright geezers! wink.gif I'll be down south on the last weekend in October (Halloween) so 1st to 2nd November. Visiting Mumsie biggrin.gif Hopefully. Plans might change owing to her chemo but we've pencilled in that weekend for now. Other than that I'm busy as I'm off to NYC on 7th. Oh dear! The things I have to suffer! tongue.gif
Faerieryn
November is fine for me but making it closer to the beginning of the month would mean I would have money. I'm not too sure about the clubbing thing. As far as I'm aware full tilt isn't running so much any more. I've been told that the electric ballroom has been turned into a teeny rockers haven so be aware. And the slimelight would definitely kill me as I'm an old goth(23) with no stamina but pubs sound good to me and I'm willing to follow people as long as I have enough alcohol in me and I suppose if the slimelight is open until early hours I'd be able to get a train home!
Forever Unknown
I'm happy with any date but November means I can sort out my money situation properly beforehand (as I'm currently living on £4). Clubbing also sounds fine, but I refuse to dance. Unless I'm very very drunk. Which actually is rather likely...
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (Forever Unknown @ Sep 17 2004, 08:13 PM)
Unless I'm very very drunk. Which actually is rather likely...

Well just remember no calling overstrang and random blokes remember what happened last time!

Hi yes we've got to go now!
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (Forever Unknown @ Sep 17 2004, 07:13 PM)
Unless I'm very very drunk. Which actually is rather likely...

Do you exist in any state other than one of extreme inebriation?

Much as I'd love to attend also, the next couple of months is, as you'd expect, going to be busy busy busy. I get married in just over two months, damnit! Hucking fell!

I hope that a good time will be had by all. Just try not to put any people inside things. Or vice versa.
Forever Unknown
Do you exist in any state other than one of extreme inebriation?

Of course I do. I'm a good girl...

*cough*
Spacehappy
I won't be able to make this, i hate London as much as Leeds. So you will all feel a slight relief as no naked belly. wink.gif
froggle-rock
It would seem that November is preferred. The first Saturday in November is the 6th. Is this okay for the majority? unsure.gif

erm, yeah. biggrin.gif

Inky, we could celebrate your union of love in your absance? biggrin.gif

Just try not to put any people inside things. Or vice versa.

hmm, soo, would that include toilet cubicals? tongue.gif
saucy_tara
Im a tentative yes, I really owe it to the forum to come to a meet, drink lots, fall over and tell everyone how much I love them biggrin.gif and I would definately be up for a club, altho full tilt has now turned into a metal club, the old goff/cyber night has moved to a different club i believe. Would be up for slimelight, havent been to my old stomping ground for 12 YEARS!!!!!!!!!
Forever Unknown
Heh. This Mini-London meet is turning out not to be so mini. Yay.

Thumbs-up for the 6th over here.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Yeah - I'm up for, but as I said before it really does depend on the money situation.
Mata
Nov 6th works for me, but I _might_ leave you guys to it for clubbing. I'll see how I feel at the time.
Forever Unknown
I _might_ leave you guys to it for clubbing.

Careful you don't leave too early, or you'll miss me and Snugs playing the now guaranteed "I bet someone can fit in that...." game.

And, y'know what? I bet someone can...
Pixelgoth
Nope, can't make that one. I'm off to NYC the following morning and need to be nearer Manchester than that as that's where I'm flying from.

I'm sure you'll all manage fine without me. You have at the past 3 meets rolleyes.gif
Ashbless
Love to go.

Anybody have a cloning device, teleporter and spare $$ for fun machines they can lend/beg/borrow/steal/invent? The combination of said machines are the only way I could make it. sad.gif laugh.gif

Have fun. Loved the pictures from the last meet. Kudos to Cath!

Inky - congratulations on the upcoming nupials. Is Mrs. Inky keen to meet some of the fellow Matazonians on a not so important day?
Forever Unknown
'Ello.

*bump*

Is this still going ahead?
Mata
It's on my calendar.

Have we thought about what time to meet? How about around 7:30, that way wimps like me can get a fair few hours drinking in before staggering off for the night, and others can get a head of steam up for going to the club.
Forever Unknown
Sounds Ok to me.

I'll probably be in Camden a little earlier than that - there's a little shopping I want to do, and I'll be meeting a friend too. Is it Ok if he tags along? He can sometimes be offensive (in a funny way), but you can all poke him with sticks. In fact, I encourage it.
Usurper MrTeapot
Oh a mini London meet sounds good. I might be making an appearence (would love to see some real matazoner's in person). Not much of a Club person, tried to go up Leister Square yesterday but was ID'd everywhere and so we settled for a pub in Camberwell...

But Camden's good, I can have a day of shoppity shopping for some new clothes and then maybe have a drink with you all. Cash flow should be existant by then I hope.
Queenie
Oh another meet!! I would love to go, might get a friend to come too just so i don't have to travel on my own!! Not certain tho... cause i've now got a job so will probably be working until 6pm unless i get the earlier shift but will try smile.gif

Also i've gotta show Snuggles and FU that i can actually drink!! And not just suffer a lot!!
froggle-rock
The date is still in my diary too biggrin.gif . I shall also be bringing some friends along to the clubage, so I don't think its a problem if anyone else brings friends.

I tried to go to Slime Night on Saturday, but a few friends of mine got refused entrance because they were wearing blue denim, and blue is no longer allowed. Also, nearly all the clubs I've visited in the West End the last few weeks have been really strict about ID-ing. So I guess if your looking to go club then dress up and bring ID.

If anyone is going to be in Camden earlier on, then I'd like to have a wonder round too?

*smiles*
Polocrunch
Would anyone like to hazard a guess at how much money I'm going to need to beg from my parents?
froggle-rock
Erm, travel cards are £4.30 for the day (off peak) zones 1-4. A weekend 1-4 travel card is £7. Camden is in zone 2.

Slime Night costs £8, and you can bring your own drinks, alcoholic and non alocoholic.

The rest I guess depends on how much you'll be spending in the pub Polo tongue.gif
CommieBastard
QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ Oct 18 2004, 12:54 PM)
If anyone is going to be in Camden earlier on, then I'd like to have a wonder round too?

I'm game.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.