Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mini London Meet:
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Usurper MrTeapot
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Oct 18 2004, 06:45 PM)
QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ Oct 18 2004, 12:54 PM)
If anyone is going to be in Camden earlier on, then I'd like to have a wonder round too?

I'm game.

I could do with a Camden wonder.
Forever Unknown
Ditto.

Besides. I need people to stop me from spending extraordinary amounts of money.
Polocrunch
I don't have any handcuffs, but we can almost definitely buy some in Camden in order to restrain you.
Polocrunch
QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ Oct 18 2004, 06:37 PM)
Erm, travel cards are £4.30 for the day (off peak) zones 1-4.  A weekend 1-4 travel card is £7.  Camden is in zone 2. 

Slime Night costs £8, and you can bring your own drinks, alcoholic and non alocoholic. 

The rest I guess depends on how much you'll be spending in the pub Polo  tongue.gif

Which'll be next to nothing, if my wallet has anything to say about it! I need to get some work soon. Real soon.
froggle-rock
Okays, for those who want to meet up in Camden for a pre-pub wander around Camden...

I'm suggesting 2pm outside Camden Town Tube Station. There are two exits from Camden Town, one has a few phone boxes outside it, the other doesn't. We could meet at the one with the phone boxes, as it generally the exit side anyway.

Sound fair? -To early, too late?

Polo, club is an add-on though. not everyone is going out after. you could always bye a bus pass? -Cheap and cheerful.
Usurper MrTeapot
QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ Oct 18 2004, 09:26 PM)
I'm suggesting 2pm outside Camden Town Tube Station.  There are two exits from Camden Town, one has a few phone boxes outside it, the other doesn't.  We could meet at the one with the phone boxes, as it generally the exit side anyway. 

It's the only way out(on the right as you go up the escalator), the other is in only. Any way we (I) can know who is a matazoner when we (I) get there, I am not too keen on just asking random camden goers if they are from the 'the otherside' as I'd probably end up spending my day with another group of people altogether.
CommieBastard
QUOTE (MrTeapot @ Oct 18 2004, 10:51 PM)
It's the only way out(on the right as you go up the escalator), the other is in only. Any way we (I) can know who is a matazoner when we (I) get there, I am not too keen on just asking random camden goers if they are from the 'the otherside' as I'd probably end up spending my day with another group of people altogether.

Well, I'm very visible - six foot two-ish, long leather coat, far too much hair. To make it even easier, I'll wear a Matazone t-shirt (Mittens or LGG). I'll be a handy human signpost, everybody can congregate around me...
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Oct 18 2004, 11:24 PM)
QUOTE (MrTeapot @ Oct 18 2004, 10:51 PM)

Well, I'm very visible - six foot two-ish, long leather coat, far too much hair. To make it even easier, I'll wear a Matazone t-shirt (Mittens or LGG). I'll be a handy human signpost, everybody can congregate around me...

you ASW you!
Mata
You mean not everybody in Camden will be wearing my T-shirts? *gasp*
Usurper MrTeapot
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Oct 18 2004, 10:24 PM)

Ohh I'm 0.5 inches taller muhahaha [/spam]

QUOTE (Mata @ October 19th 2004, 12:10 AM)
You mean not everybody in Camden will be wearing my T-shirts? *gasp*

I don't own a t-shirt, bit funny with buying things online. Any chance you could bring along a T or two...?
Sir Psycho Sexy
i should ask about the mechanics of it, thing is the last train back to wales is fairly early and then i have to think about connecting trains which finish even eariler, of course, if we're going to slimelight then i could just stay there all night and catch a trian back in the morning tongue.gif
Mata
It defintely looks like there will be a contingent going to the Slimelight. The place chucks out when the tubes start, so travel afterwards will be easy (as long as you can stay awake and not miss your stop!).

MrTeapot, if you'd asked about T-shirts two weeks ago the answer would have been 'yes', but as you've probably noticed, the shop has gone and so has all my stock. If there is a branch of Blue Banana near to you then you might be lucky and find some in there, but there weren't many left anyway, so I susect that most of those have already gone too.
Usurper MrTeapot
Ah ok. sad.gif I didn't want to ask as I wasn't sure if I would buy. With only a paper round (I must be the oldest person still doing one) to support me my funds are always limited.

If it's cold you'll notice me buy a very dodgy stalkerish type trenchcoat that makes women and old people cross the street when I approach. Just cut my hair so don't laugh either.
Smiler
ph34r.gif Newbie Alert!
I've been checking out the site for ages and upon Ryn's pestering signed into the forum- me wanna join drinkies if I can?? smile.gif
I've been checking out the thread but cant see a date sad.gif Can anyone enlighten me?
Usurper MrTeapot
Welcome Master Smiler to the forums!

Nov 6th, Meeting at 7 unless you are wandering around Camden then we meet at 2 outside the station. smile.gif
Smiler
Blinder! smile.gif Cheers, I'll be there, beers in hand YAY
Sir Psycho Sexy
there's an unwritten rule that newbies have to foot the bar tab for the hole evening, still willing? tongue.gif
Black-Wings
omg.. you have nooooo idea how much i'm hooked on shopping at camden..... WOOOOOOO biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Wyvern
Work and funds allowing could I tag along not been to Camden in far too long and it'd be good to put faces to names!

Now to convince boss that time off is allowed ..suggestions?

If I cant do these meets happen regularly and would anyone be interested in visiting Nottingham at a later date?
Mata
Meets usually happen every few months. This was originally going to be quite a small one, and I've not really put much thought into where we might be going next. I suspect that it mightbe back to Birmingham, since that seemed to be among the easiest places for everyone to get to, although if London goes well then we might do more of these one-evening affairs.

The more the merrier. I may well be up for a bit of wandering around Camden myself. I'll see what's happening on the day. I'll exchange numbers with a shopper and give them a call if I arrive before pub time.

Oh, we'll be drinking in The World's End, just across the road from the tube station (turn left and go to the junction and it's to the left) for anyone who turns up late.
Smiler
Now none ofo this taking advantage of te newbie malarki!! Besides, Im skint sad.gif I pay my way as a matter of course and honour though so dont count yourself out, just get in early wink.gif
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Mata @ Oct 20 2004, 01:47 AM)
I suspect that it mightbe back to Birmingham, since that seemed to be among the easiest places for everyone to get to

I'd be up for a Brum meet. I'm in Birmingham on 22nd January as Ed is going to see PWEI at the academy (I think). I could meet for lunch?

Either that or a Sheffield meet? smile.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
just felt i should post this, to avoid any hiccups.....slimelight has a dresscode!!

The dresscode is Gothic/Alternative. Basically you have to wear black, Cyber, or Punk clothing. Blue jeans, white trainers, casual wear are not acceptable.

dammit, i only have blue jeans, true they're flares, but i don't think that counts tongue.gif
Snugglebum the Destroyer
I think I'm still up for this but I'm kinda subject to what FU is doing.

I also have to look at funds as I was a little (okay a lot) more flashy with the money this week and I may have to pay for it next month. sad.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
this has just become a lot more expensive for me too, in fact, i might have to give the clubbing a miss.....i've still not had my student loan through.....
Forever Unknown
I think I'm still up for this but I'm kinda subject to what FU is doing.

I'm a definite, darlin'.

I'm also brassic, but an excuse to go to London is not one to be missed. I intend on mugging someone. No-one'll catch me...
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Okay - I have to wiggle out of something else to do this.

I also think that this should be pinned until the date.

Of course, I drink far too much...

biggrin.gif
Mata
Fair point, it's pinned.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Fair point, it's pinned.

I've always liked you. wink.gif

No excuses for Commie and Polo - lets face it, who doesn't want to meet the two face to face? tongue.gif
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Oct 22 2004, 02:18 AM)
Fair point, it's pinned.

I've always liked you. wink.gif

No excuses for Commie and Polo - lets face it, who doesn't want to meet the two face to face? tongue.gif

It's worth it there both so cute and adorable! rolleyes.gif (and I'm now so dead!) tongue.gif
Polocrunch
QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Oct 22 2004, 01:18 AM)
No excuses for Commie and Polo - lets face it, who doesn't want to meet the two face to face?   tongue.gif

Aww, shucks, Snuggs. *Kicks heels shyly*
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Aww, shucks, FU. *Kicks heels shyly

Wrong sister but I'm sure she feels the same way too.

It's beacuse you're such spiffy and endearing people I'm sure. biggrin.gif tongue.gif
Queenie
lol... *takes name off list*

Would like to see you all again so soon, but due to lack of funds, and so much work that i'm on the verge of sedating myself for the next 7years. I'm going to have to pass.

But hopefully you'll all have a great time and i want to see lots of photos of the matameet that i'm missing. *sheds a tear as no longer has 100% attendance* sad.gif
Forever Unknown
Wrong sister but I'm sure she feels the same way too.

So, not only do people mix us up in person, but they're doing it online, too...? That's quite frankly terrifying. *moves to Bermuda*

But, yes, I'm sure you're all very lovely.

Me and Miss Snugs probably won't be making an appearance until about 4 - not sure about her but I can't afford 'real' shopping, but there's one place I have to go, because they have a really nice top that will make my life complete. People may meet us if they wish, but I know my way around Camden pretty well (and my friend Pete knows it extraordinarily) so no-one need feel obliged.
Usurper MrTeapot
Not sure if I can afford a day of camden AND drinkage later that evening. Might only come for one or the other.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
So, not only do people mix us up in person, but they're doing it online, too..

You know what? In the last three years, even Uncle Gordon hasn't got it right first time either. Not once. dry.gif
Smiler
Shopping not being my forte I think it'll have to be just drinks for me...oh hold on I almost said that like it was a bad thing... cant get out of work until 6 sad.gif I#ll have to suffice with a few drinks me thinks
Faerieryn
well if Smiler can make it then I should have crah space so I am becoming a definite yes
froggle-rock
Yay for those now comming, and a boo for those who are now not.

Slightly side stepping, but I have some books to give away:

White Teeth, Zadie Smith
The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett
The Street Lawyer, John Grisham
Gormenghast and Titus Alone, Mervyn Peake. I've not got Titus Alone though.

If anyone wants a book (or all), then lemme know so that I can bring them on 6/11.

biggrin.gif
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Okay - here's a stupid question. If they don't let you in with jeans on - what about a Quicksilver denim bag?

Only I need to bring it because it's big and of course I need to be able to fit a small universe in there. wink.gif
Mata
I can't imagine that they'd get in a strop about a bag as long as the rest of you is suitably gothesque.

I'm definitely siding towards only being up for drinks, but will try and get along in the afternoon so may have a wander around Camden.
froggle-rock
Hey,
I severly doubt I'll be able to make it for drinks at all, but I shall be about for the wander around and the clubbing after.
Usurper MrTeapot
Brr I should have done this ages ago, but it seems I can't come. I went to go put it on the calander and found I'm going to be in belguim that day. Damn damn damnination.
Forever Unknown
Grrrrrrrr.

Poop heads.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
So, do we know exactly who is coming? It seems there's only four of us going to Slimelight, unless me and FU decide to start rounding random people up which isn't uneard of...

(Christmas Eve, Winchester, 5 years ago, two men dressed as St Trinians school girls. Ring a bell FU?) biggrin.gif
Mata
I'm coming along.
kisah
QUOTE (Mata @ Nov 3 2004, 04:39 AM)
I'm coming along.

What's going on here. Y'all hanging out when we're moving house? How come I wasn't paying attention?
Forever Unknown
unless me and FU decide to start rounding random people up which isn't uneard of...

Un'eard of? Are you testing out your cockney accent?

But, yeah. We could do that. Random kidnappings make for hours of fun. You bring the rope, I'll bring the chloroform.
kisah
Jonman and I want to come too. We're lonely in Leicester.

I promised to pack all our crap next week when I'm not working so that we could go have fun this weekend... I'm not completely sure what I got myself into there... but it better be freakin good
kisah
Holy Crap! Does this mean that I will get to meet snugglebumthedestroyer?????
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.