Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Random Head Songs
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Cath Sparrow
Tell me your song. You know... the one that has been stuck in your head all day or just appeared for no apparent reason at all. The worse the better it's not a media threat so it doesn't matter how inane it is. For example we have the radio on in work but not very loud so you can't always here what's playing and today I caught a snatch of music from it which for no apparent reason made 'Bright Eyes' come into my head for the rest of the day. blink.gif
So tell me and if there's something that triggered it add that to. dry.gif

Oh! just to iritate you 'Video Killed the Radio Star!' now try and get that out of your head! evil.gif
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Can you believe I was thinking about starting this EXACT topic just today? Weird, huh? blink.gif

Usually, 'Paint It Black'. It's just one of those songs.

*and Forever Unknown, it sounds right in my head tongue.gif *
Cath Sparrow
Great minds think a like obviously! tongue.gif
The Tortured Soul
ok as for my song...

i can't quite remember the song... but it's by the offspring on conspircy of one, and it has the lines...

"super powers spread their wings
hold the world on puppet strings
evil will feed
while citizens bleed so heres the way it goes..."

i think it might be called it'll be a long time... or summat i can't remember
Snugglebum the Destroyer
but it's by the offspring on conspircy of one,

The song is It'll be a Long Time and it's on the Smash album. Best one they did in my opinion.
Forever Unknown
Heh. I'm often tempted to make this topic. I always have the weirdest stuff stuck in my head. The Fraggle Rock theme song is a frequent soundtrack to my day. At the meet, I was constantly singing Justin Timberlake's 'Cry Me A River'. Just the most bizarre stuff. So no doubt I will be posting in this thread often.

Currently, the music from the Buffy episode 'Him', where they all fall in love with the football player, is in my head, because I've just watched it.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Currently a Dragonforce song. But just the chorus... dammit.
jicama
"the log driver's waltz" has been going through my head off and on for the last month or two. i had to look up te lyrics because i could only remember the chorus and it was driving me nuts.

for those of you who aren't canadian, the log driver's waltz is a little song and cartoon that the film board produced and the cbc plays late at night.
helicopter pilot
monty python; accountancy shanty! there is a building on our campus that is covered in scaffolding and when viewed from my favourite library spot, looks just like the crimson permanent assurance building, and it puts that song right into my brain!
PsychWardMike
"Get it On" by Chase.

That song is amazing.
Ashbless
A song by, I think, Sheryl Crow.

*singing*
"well ain't life sweet, aahahh.
well not always.
but it will be, aahh ahhh
if she can just get where she's going to"
Mutilation
Police and Thieves - The Clash

That song rules so much.
gothictheysay
Bad idea for me to read this thread. Every time I saw a song I knew, it started playing in my head. dry.gif

FRAGGLE ROCK THEME SONG!

Don't you hate it when you have a song stuck in your head and you don't even know what it is? I do. I solved that problem for a friend yesterday. biggrin.gif

I usually have a multitude of songs stuck in my head - a few from choir, and a few from CD's...I had "Dreaming Neon Black" stuck in there for a while. I liked that. I <3 Nevermore. But I'll be going back to bed with Paint it Black in my head NOW. dry.gif
mooooooooooopo
Nothing at the moment *breathes a sigh of relief*

Fraggle Rock is a common one as is anything by Nightwish.

At one point a while back my brain managed to mix one of the songs from Grease with Rooster by Alice in Chains - don't ask how it just did - and I was tormented by that for weeks.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
my brain managed to mix one of the songs from Grease with Rooster by Alice in Chains

Some crappy singers get paid thousands for marketing soings like that. biggrin.gif
Forever Unknown
Today: 'What's New Pussycat', by Tom Jones.

Except it's just the "What's new pussycat, whoa-whoa-whoawhoa" bit.

Earlier it was Monty Python's 'Decomposing Composers', I think because MP was mentioned earlier.
the lil' pie fairy
I've constantly got Tangled by Maroon 5 in my head, for the last...eeerm...four days.
I get the Muppets theme tune quite a lot, too blink.gif
Forever Unknown
Fraggle Rock! Again! It stalks me! Stalks me, I tells yer!

I've also enjoyed some James Brown.
Cath Sparrow
Withering Heights by Kate Bush cause it was being played in work today. But NOW I have Fraggle Rock thank you thank you very much!!!! mad.gif
Tigersong
Am I one of the only people who *likes* getting songs stuck in my head?
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
I like the Fraggle Rock theme getting stuck in my head!

Dance your cares away, worry's for another day
Let the music play, down at fraggle rock...

I have it in about 4 different languages on my computer hehee

[spam]
argh!! I have a fraggle on my head!

[/spam]
Forever Unknown
!!!

I want one!
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
He's mine! tongue.gif

Yay for boyfriends who can take a hint and don't mind buying you the silliest presents!
jicama
QUOTE (Tigersong @ Sep 14 2004, 06:24 PM)
Am I one of the only people who *likes* getting songs stuck in my head?

no, i don't mind as long as i like the song. for instance, "log driver's waltz" = good, but "i'll never tell" = BAD!!! crap, now that i'm thinking about it, it's getting stuck in my head! *starts chanting the badger song to make it go away*
gothictheysay
*smacks forehead repeatedly*

NO NO NO NO. *cries*
And I don't mind getting songs stuck in my head if I like 'em. But the above one is just... *collapses into state of mental agony*
PsychWardMike
Today has been a lot of "Come On Eileen" by Reel Big Fish. And "Cheer Up," "The Set Up," and "She's Got a Girlfriend Now" by the same.
spiffilicious05
I'm not a fanatic of the band, but for some reason anything that I hear from Maroon 5 gets stuck in my head. Whether I like the song or not, so far I only like 2 of them.

I tend to get cold or HIM stuck in my head a lot.
Jaq
The bells that they use for school (and subways, and buses and everything else I've seen) here aren't regular ringing or dinging or even buzzing bells. Oh no. They all have to have little annoying muzak tunes that play over and over. I have (and have had for the past three monthes) "It's a Small World" stuck in my head at work as the bell rings every 35-40 minutes and instead of buzzing or ringing like any normal sane bell would do it plays the muzak version of "It's a Small World"

We've toyed with the idea of trying to replace it with muzak versions of "I Don't like Mondays" "School's Out" or (my co-worker's suggestion) "Ironman"
Forever Unknown
I woke up with the Sex Pistol's 'My Way' in my head. Which is nice.
Forever Unknown
Me again!

Currently: "Don't Worry, Be Happy"

I had Fraggle Rock earlier. I swear, it's something about work that makes me sing that...
Cath Sparrow
I tell you what really bugs me is when a small bit of a song comes into your head maybe even just the rythum or a couple of notes and your completely possative you know what it is and are sure it's something really cool but can remember anymore of it so cant quite place it. Then you suddenly realise what it is and it's part of something really bad like a tacky advert or the theme of a kids show.
My head song ran away! sad.gif
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
I get ice cream van songs stuck in my head!

When I'm in Nottingham I live in a HUGE residential area and you cna hear ice cream trucks from miles around ALL day and they get stuck in my head...more annoying than tinnitus!
SPEAKERfortheLOST
song of the day?

must you ask?

its a remix of hey now! and turn the page...

"Heeey, Heeey now!
turn the page..."
The.Wheezing.Ghost
All Day. I've had just about every song from Grease stuck in my head. All I have to say is...

"Stranded at the Drive-in....Branded a Fool. What will they say mondaaay at school. Saaaaaaaaaandy. Cantcha see? I'm in misery-y. We made a start now we're apart theres nothing left for me....Love has flown all alone I sit and wonder Why-y-y-y oh why."

Of course whenever I think of that song all I can think of is the drive in screen behind him playing the "Lets all go to the lobby" thingy...it's very distracting from the misery of the song.
PsychWardMike
"I Wanna be Like You" by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy.
Forever Unknown
Woke up with Fountains of Wayne's 'Stacy's Mom' (annoying).

It's not changed to Alkaline Trio's 'Blue Carolina' (better).
Forever Unknown
12.30pm - 'The Great Escape'.

Do-do. Do-doo-do-dodo. Do-do-dodododo-do-dodo.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
12.30pm - 'The Great Escape'.

Hey - That's Kais song!!! wink.gif
Cath Sparrow
I've been doing Labaryth (sp?) songs today! and also U2 Sweetest thing.
gothictheysay
Alkaline Trio's 'Blue Carolina' (better).

Stop copying my musical taste, you.

Just from reading this thread, I now have a tortured version of Come on Eileen with parts of Hey Ya in there. blink.gif That and Lucky - Radiohead, a million times better.
Forever Unknown
Stop copying my musical taste, you.

Mwahahahahaha. My evil plan is working.

7.52am - Tool - 'Reflection'. Lovely. It seems that the mornings, on the whole, start of with better music, and it slowly declines through the day.

Heh. This is going to be my most often used thread, simply because I've always got a song stuck in my head.
Forever Unknown
*hijacks thread*

Earlier today - Nelly (I think?) - Ride With Me (irritating)

3.00: Green Day - 'I Fought the Law' with slices of No Doubt's 'Come On Eileen' (hurrah)
Cath Sparrow
If you think you can hijack my thread you've got another thing coming!!!! evil.gif
Forever Unknown
*hijacks with sticks and pointy things*

Mwahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
Cath Sparrow
MY THREAD!!
Give it back!!!!

I got a song in my head I dont know the name of!!
Forever Unknown
I got a song in my head I dont know the name of!!

See? You are not worthy of this thread if you cannot remember the songs. I shall crush you like a bug!
Cath Sparrow
Come and say that to me in IRC then!!!!

mad.gif

still there still dont know what it is!
Forever Unknown
Fightfightfight!

One day I shall, and you shall fear my wrath.
EvilSpork
How about sublime?

I don't practice santeria
I ain't go no crystal ball
I had a million dollars,
but I, I'd spend it all.

Oh yeah. Love this song though.
Quoth(The Raven)
QUOTE (gothictheysay @ Sep 14 2004, 09:52 PM)
*smacks forehead repeatedly*

NO NO NO NO. *cries*
And I don't mind getting songs stuck in my head if I like 'em. But the above one is just... *collapses into state of mental agony*

I vote for "Cats in the cradle" By ANYONE who sings it. I HATE that song! Oh, and we have many cats, so the "What's new Pussycat" line haunts me quite often... But then, I make sure the cats are as sick of it as I am... wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.