Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Random Head Songs
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
eternallybored
^ yes yes yes...all the time...only it's Incubus's cover of it which I find slightly less annoying to have stuck in your head

also Lenny Kravitz, The Witches "There she is", random theme songs to shows I've only seen one episode of, and Pink Floyd's entire Wall album.

None of which are bad, but it sounds really messed up in my head.
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
how about some good old hold music off the tele-ma-phone???
Forever Unknown
Green Day - Homecoming. I absolutely love that song so I'm pleased.
Astrology Girl
[QUOTE]I always get michael jackson songs stuck in my head. But sometimes, i make up me own tunes, DA DA DA,DA,DA - HEY! DA DA DA,DA,DA - HEY! well, ive blew it - i'm an idiot.
Aislinn Faye
My usual shower song is "Ohh.. I think I love you, but what am I so afraid of.." and the song that usually gets stuck in my head is children's songs... like.. "B-I-N-G-O" and stuff... Oldies get stuck in my head more than anything.. because they have such an obvious beat... or something.
the lil' pie fairy
Today folks, we are listening to N.E.R.D. Lapdance on Pie's Head FM.
Seriously, I can't dislodge it. Driving me nuts
gothictheysay
Hello sunshine...come into my life

(Hello Sunshine, Super Furry Animals)
Forever Unknown
Yesterday, The A-Team theme tune got stuck in my head.

Earlier, it was a Christmas song. I can't remember which one.

Having the A-Team was much better though. It made me want to apply camoflague make-up and sneak around the office with lots and lots of gold jewellery.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
I've had Macho Man stuck in my head all evening.

It's what we sing when Kai escapes while you're trying to dress him.

He's started doing a Macho Man pose now, too... biggrin.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Sep 27 2004, 06:17 PM)
Bill Bailey's Cockney medly, specifically, the cockney firestarter...
"I'm the firestarter, cockney firestarter, I'm the cockney firestarter, I start the cockney fires, i get me cockney matches out....this one doesn't really work" (mp3 to follow shortly...maybe)

there was something else...but i forget it

well i promised, and it's been sitting on my desktop for ages..... tongue.gif

cockney firestarter
arachnidoc17
Several classical songs, like that one that goes

"Daaa, daaaaaaa, doo daa dee deee daaaaaaaaaaaa da da da daaaaaa da-da-da da da de de de de-de-de daaaaaaaaaaa!"

You know, that last song from Fantasia?
Quoth(The Raven)
'Bicycle', By Queen... Except for the fact that all I can remember is, "I want to ride my Bicycle, Bicycle, bicycle..." Oogh!
DoRmAnt
I always have this one song stuck in my head.

I think it's called WAR.

"War! Hoo!...What is it good for? Absolutely nothing!" Just that part of the song.

And I remember learning in school (yes i actually learned something), that the reason a song gets stuck in your head is because your subconscious is trying to figure out the words to the song. And it can only remember a few catchy words so it keeps repeating them over and over because you don't know the rest of the words.
Forever Unknown
And I remember learning in school (yes i actually learned something), that the reason a song gets stuck in your head is because your subconscious is trying to figure out the words to the song. And it can only remember a few catchy words so it keeps repeating them over and over because you don't know the rest of the words.

'Tis an interesting theory, but what about instrumentals? And I often get songs in my head that I know the words to (ie - currently Green Day's 'Jesus of Surburbia'). Which is usually fun because I'm my own radio station...

Just goes to show - teachers lie.
DoRmAnt
That's not necessarily a lie. It goes the same for instrumentals. Your mind is trying to figure out what comes next in the series of the music.

Your subconscious may play the same sound over and over... lyrics are not entirely necessary. Like for example, when humming.
arachnidoc17
Some lyrics stuck in my head: The elves' X-mas song...
We are free and fairly sober with so many toys to build,
the machines are kinkda tricky, probably someone will be killed,
but we'd gladly work for nothing
Which is good because we dont intend to paaay!
The elves are back to work today!
Hooray!
(wook clicking and knocking)
We have just a couple hours to make several billion gifts,
And the labor isnt easy
and you all work triple shifts
you can make the job go quicker if you turn up the controls to super speed...
[faster tempo now]
It'sare back to work on X-mas eve!
*pant, pant* Hooray!
And thought youre cold, and sore, and ugly,
your pride will mask the pain
Let my happy smile warm your heart
Theres a toy lodged in my brain!

We are getting awfully tired and we cant work an faster and were really very sorry
Why, you selfish, little b*st*rds, do you want the kids to think that santas just a crummy empty head and jerk?
Ow! Ow! Ow!
Then shut yer yaps and back to work.

Now its very nearly X-mas and weve done the best we could
These toy soldiers are poorly painted
And theyre made from inferior wood.

I should give you all a beating but ive really gotta fly
If I werent stuck here frozen id harpoon you in the eye!
Now its back into our tenaments to drown ourselves in rye
You did the best you could i guess that some of these gorillas are okay...
Hooray! (one elf) We're adequate!
(All)The elves have rescued X-mas day! HOORAY!
lygophilia
A few minutes ago, I was IMing my friend. Suddenly, in my head, I started singing, "I am a teapot, I am a teapot..." wink.gif It was really weird. I think my mind drifted off to the forums, and MrTeapot's name was in my head or something.
Forever Unknown
"Who ya gonna call? GHOSTBUSTERS!"

No idea why.
talking to faeries
For some strange reason I've got the theme tune to Ballamory stuck in my head.."What's the story in Ballamory blah de blah de blah" It's very annoying.
mcsimong
sadly, the synth line from
'FINAL COUNTDOWN' by Europe is constantly stuck in my head.

muahhahah.
Tarantio
I'm not too bad with this, although there was a time when I used to start singing "Come on Eileen" whenever I got distracted. It was when it used to get played every night in my work. Which apparently proves that it's one of the most catchy tunes in existence, since there were about fifty other songs taht they did that with too.

Recently, I've been tormenting one of my uni mates; just by being around him I cause him to think of nothing but "shinobi..." by the lost prophets. He really hates me for it, but I haven't even done anything to provoke it. It was just something he did one day, and can't seem to undo. biggrin.gif
Cath Sparrow
Thanks a bunch Tara your sig's just put bloody Bros in my head!!!!! mad.gif
Tarantio
Now imagine Dace singing that inside your head all day long, and you've got pretty much down to the innermost sanctum of hell.
arachnidoc17
An adaption to "Swing, swing, swing!" by Voltaire which I refuse to write out the lyrics for. I like Voltaire, actually.
DoRmAnt
Right now...the singing that plagues my head is :

"do you really want to huuurt mmeee? do you really want to make me cry?"

culture club *sigh* oh the 80s
Quoth(The Raven)
Bush:
"It's astounding...
Four years is Fleeting...
Neck and neck,
In the polls.
I'm the President..."

Kerry:
"Not for very much longer..."

Bush:
"I've got to...
Keep control..."

All bloody day! argh!
laenan kite
ive had 'faint' by linkin park stuck in my head since i got the 'live in texas' album dry.gif its a good song though.
Greeneyes
Queens Of The Stone Age - No One Knows. That music is evil.
Cath Sparrow
Placbo and Vevet Under Ground
arachnidoc17
"Firefight." Don't know why. Same with Frank Sinatra's "That's life."
Righteous
Over the past day I've had in my head: "I Love You (A Prelude to Tragedy)" by HIM, "Wicked Game" by HIM, "Heaven Tonight" by HIM, "Gone with the Sin" by HIM and "We Only Live to Die" by Lunatic Candy Kreep.
Cath Sparrow
Frankie Goes to Hollywood - The Power of Love cause the doing auditions to replace Holly Johnson
Artemisia
"Forsaken" and "Redeemer" and "Hell in Your Eyes" from the Queen of the Damned sound track. I watched the movie last night. Massacred the book. I admit I was intrigued by the music. Not sure what to think. Just know that all day the songs were in my head and I was ready to burst out in a very raspy and angsty voice at random intervals: "Touching you makes me die inside."
mooooooooooopo
'The Satanic Vole', sent to me by Greeneyes *shakes a fist*...so headsticky, for 3 days now!
gothictheysay
Radiohead - Karma Police for days on end.
vicrawr
F-r-e-e-z-e-p-o-p. F-r-esquared-z-e-p-o-p. Freezepop forever.
arachnidoc17
GET OUT OF MY HEAD, "ONE IS THE LONLIEST NUMBER"!!!!!!!!
Black-Wings
hahahaha.. I went to the cinema today and ever since I've been singing that odeon song.. the ba daaa da badidadida daaaaa ba daaaa da badidadida daaaaa song tongue.gif
arachnidoc17
That "La la Hoo Hoo" song at Ebaum's.
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
A Perfect Circle - The Noose

It's been there since Saturday and it won't go away!!!
Black-Wings
ARGH.. as good a song as it is, it's really annoying me right now. Placebo Nancy boy. Oh yeah, does anyone like their new song?
Faerieryn
Come get some by Rooster is so very cool and aerosmithy so I currently have that inside my skull
Tarantio
QUOTE (Black-Wings @ Oct 25 2004, 09:45 PM)
hahahaha.. I went to the cinema today and ever since I've been singing that odeon song.. the ba daaa da badidadida daaaaa ba daaaa da badidadida daaaaa song tongue.gif

I have a dance I do to that tune every time it comes on. But no, you can't see it.
JimiJimi
Hmm... Probably Fairytale Love Story by Alice in Chains

"J-J-J-J-J-J-Jill... came tumb'lin d-d-down down down...
Ooooah, At the bottom of the hill...
Jack busted his crown..."

"I got to thinkin... I'm not as good as them all... I got to drinkin... This b**ch is over the brink" [due to the rules of this forum I have had to bleep out the above word. YOU WIN AGAIN MATA!]

Another cool song I like in my head Hot for Teacher by Van Halen

"Du dud dud dud dud dud dud dud dud udd ud dud dud dud dud dud dud dud dud dud dud dud dud dud dud" [It's hard to spell drum beats]

"Doo dum dah dee dah dum doo dum dah dee dah dum doo dum dah dee doo dum doo dum dah dee doo dum" and so on [Yeah, it's also hard to spell tapping]
Black-Wings
"Jack and Jill went up the hill to have a bit of fun,
Jill forgot to take the pill and now they have a son."

Yeah, I don't actually have that stuck in my head, but it just kind of popped into my head when I read that thing about Jill coming tumbling down...

Yeah, I have Nancy Boy-Placebo in my head (again)
Xkitsurabamix
ch-ch-ch-changes
Tuuuurn and face the straaaange
(ch-ch-changes)

David Bowie.
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
mmmm David Bowie...I was singing "I'm afraid of Americans" in my sleep on Friday night blink.gif
lygophilia
Open Wounds - Skillet

*sings*

How could you, how could you, how could you hate me?
When all I ever wanted to be was you?
How could you, how could you, how could you love me?
When all you ever gave me were open wounds?
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Various songs from the 'Once More with Feeling' episode of Buffy.

It could be worse.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
The theme tune to 'Chuckle Vision'.

This is because I have a bloke coming to fix my heating tomorrow and I have a mental image of the Chuckle Brothers turning up on my doorstep and just botching the job. dry.gif

^^ Told you it could be worse. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.