Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Episode Ideas
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > About the animations
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Ashbless
In L.G.G.'s first date animation I had the impression that the cultists were not specifically trying for Sarah. They waved their net and got an unexpected catch. One a lot stronger than they'd counted on.
I also thought they were after some bit of their catch that they could cut out and send off somewhere for a purpose unknown. Sea was supposed to be the person transporting the bit. If so, I wonder what happened to whatever was going on that needed the esoteric bit. Did it fail? Is it still waiting for the bit to make it go? Did it turn inside out and explode? Is it free to wander into unsuspecting people's throats? Was it needed to prevent a hideous outcome?
Sea doesn't seem worried. Is he keeping tabs on Sarah for the cultist group (any surviving I mean) or just enjoying her company?
fan-diddly-astic!
ye but your gay
fan-diddly-astic!
any one remember MC joe n rob leed n joe well thats me beyoch
Sir Psycho Sexy
Could Mittens and Snowdrop find a strange door leading to Sarah's mansion a la "Little Goth Girl and the Bunnies"?
Mata
QUOTE (fan-diddly-astic! @ Nov 25 2005, 08:59 AM)
ye but your gay

QUOTE (fan-diddly-astic! @ Nov 25 2005, 09:00 AM)
any one remember MC joe n rob leed n joe well thats me beyoch

Yes, I have a clear memory of them/him. Insults using 'gay' weren't very popular when they were around either.
Angel the Samurai Princess
*tire screech!!!!!!!*

blink.gif Hold it: Sarah's boyfriend has a name??? And it's Sean? When did we find this out?!? Hello! Master Mata, your disciple is confoosed here!!! huh.gif huh.gif
Oh. But if we're doing episode ideas...*cracks knuckles*

I think it would be totally awesome if Sarah were to meet up with Lapin, and they faced some sort of evil or whatever together, and they became fast friends! (Except Sarah might not want to call him "ickle," or he might have to try something on her!lol!) I noticed she was...lack of better word...a little ditsy with the goth bunnies, so I think it might be funny if at first Sarah thought Lapin was just a cute little bunny rabbit. Then, once he actually does his martial art stuff, she gets all "...Umm..." or something like that! I think that it would not only be funny, but it would be a nice part of her personality. That's what I find so humorous about Sarah: For the Daughter of Satan, she sure doesn't act very much like it. She'd be like the (no offense, Mata-sensei) blonde of goths. But that's what makes her so endearing to me!!! laugh.gif

Anyway, I think that'd be great...Mittens and Snowdrop kinda creep me out, ever since the image of Mittens wearing sexy lingerie branded itself onto my cerebral cortex (shudder). LOL. But...yeah...shutting up now.

Incidentally, where did y'all get the word "ickle" from?
One more question for Mata-sensei:

Where/When/How did you come up with Mr. Snaffleburger? laugh.gif
Moosh
QUOTE (Angel the Samurai Princess @ Dec 4 2005, 03:05 AM)
*tire screech!!!!!!!*

blink.gif Hold it:  Sarah's boyfriend has a name???  And it's Sean?  When did we find this out?!?  Hello!  Master Mata, your disciple is confoosed here!!! huh.gif  huh.gif

No, it's Sea. Not Sean.
QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ Dec 4 2005, 07:13 AM)
QUOTE (Angel the Samurai Princess @ Dec 4 2005, 03:05 AM)
*tire screech!!!!!!!*

blink.gif Hold it:  Sarah's boyfriend has a name???  And it's Sean?  When did we find this out?!?  Hello!  Master Mata, your disciple is confoosed here!!! huh.gif  huh.gif

No, it's Sea. Not Sean.

blink.gif ...
unsure.gif Oh. Uh...How do you pronounce that? And again, how did we find this out???
Usurper MrTeapot
Sea. Like the blue thing that moves. Sarah says it in her first line on the First Date episode for proof.
blink.gif ...*thinking for a second*

Oh? I thought she was just saying "see." Like No, see. Or something like that....

Boy, I feel stupid. Someone whack me, please.
Astarael
*whacks ASP*
There you go. Anyway, crossovers might sound fun, but it would probably take Mata a while to figure out how to blend the animation styles so that the characters looked like themselves but still conformed to the unified animation style.
I want to know more about what's really going on with Sea and Sarah, but I assume that I'll get an answer to that if I wait long enough and watch the episodes enough times. smile.gif
QUOTE (Astarael @ Dec 6 2005, 06:34 PM)
*whacks ASP*
There you go. Anyway, crossovers might sound fun, but it would probably take Mata a while to figure out how to blend the animation styles so that the characters looked like themselves but still conformed to the unified animation style.
I want to know more about what's really going on with Sea and Sarah, but I assume that I'll get an answer to that if I wait long enough and watch the episodes enough times.  smile.gif

(thank you. I feel better now)
Hee, hee!
Sounds good to me! And I see your point: I've actually paid attention to the way the backgrounds and crap like that is drawn on LGG, and it looks like the kinda stuff you do on the basic Paintshop program that comes with just about every computer. Lapin...I don't know. But LGG seems to be a little more basic than Samurai Lapin. However, I don't think Lapin would have any problem (animation-wise) in a crossover with Mr. Snaffleburger; they look about the same to me.

The same applies to Mittens and Snowdrop, and I think it would be hilarious to see Lapin go katana-crazy on Mittens!!!! laugh.gif
Mata
QUOTE (Angel the Samurai Princess @ Dec 4 2005, 03:10 AM)
Incidentally, where did y'all get the word "ickle" from?

It's a cute version of 'little', although I couldn't point to a single source.

QUOTE (Angel the Samurai Princess @ Dec 4 2005, 03:12 AM)
Where/When/How did you come up with Mr. Snaffleburger? laugh.gif

Where: In a bedsit about two hundred metres down the road from where I live now. I've come a long way in the last four years.

When: I'm pretty sure he was the third character on my site, after Mittens and Lapin, so it was probably just under four years ago, maybe early spring 2002. My animation and audio skills have come on a long way since then!

How: Er... When I was a kid there were lots of TV shows that, for budget reasons, used puppets as presenters or part of the presenting team. They were cheap and usually slightly anarchic so were often the most entertaining things about the programs. I decided that in our age of corporate sponsorship it would only be right for a childrens' TV show puppet to be wholly owned by a corporation that had given up on trying to subtly push their goods into the minds of the viewers. The Snaffleburger Corporation would be about as subtle as a sledgehammer in its marketing ideas, but would also be slightly inept at it. I thought it would also be fun if the puppet eventually tried to escape from the tyranny, which is the ultimate symbol of futility really.

Now, as for the word Snaffleburger, I'm not so sure, but 'Snaffle' is moderately obscure slang for 'eat' and so you have a puppet called 'eatburger', which seemed very appropriate for the manipulation of young minds.
*nods* Interesting.
But...what the heck's a bedsit? Sorry; I'm just an 18-year-old American, totally ignorant to British terms, except a few I picked up from watching tv, but mostly from reading Harry Potter and The Chronicles of Narnia (great books, yo!)

How long have you been doing Mr. Snaffleburger, on the whole?

And...Have you ever seen Homestar Runner? biggrin.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Angel the Samurai Princess @ Dec 7 2005, 02:19 AM)
from reading Harry Potter

You mean....the ones that were edited to be easier understood by the general populace of America? "A philosopher? What the hell is that?!" I imagine the important publishing type people around a table asking as they read the title of the first book, "No, she must mean Sorcerer!".

I'm not entirely sure what a bedsit is...I imagine it's something to do with a bed and sitting...

A quick google comes up with:

Noun 1. bedsit - a furnished sitting room with sleeping accommodations (and some plumbing)

I was right...sorta.
Phyllis
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Dec 6 2005, 06:55 PM)
You mean....the ones that were edited to be easier understood by the general populace of America? "A philosopher? What the hell is that?!" I imagine the important publishing type people around a table asking as they read the title of the first book, "No, she must mean Sorcerer!"

I already told you this in IM, but...that isn't why the name was changed. tongue.gif It was changed because publishers were concerned the word "philosopher" wouldn't convey an image of fantasy and magic to an American audience. Nothing to do with intelligence...just cultural differences. Just like how they changed Where's Waldo to be Where's Wally over there.

Anyway! Angel, perhaps you should do some research online if you're really interested in learning about British culture, rather than basing your opinions on a book that was specifically edited for an American audience. tongue.gif
Mata
A bedsit is generally about the lowest end of the housing market that it is possible to get. They are generally in old buildings with small-ish rooms. The rooms would be great if they were only a bedroom or a living room, but they act as your entire house: you cook, sleep, work, and relax in them. My one had a single bed, a two seater sofa, two massively inefficient wardrobes, a couple of bookshelves, two desks, a sink with small draining board, all my cooking/eating gear + food storage, a huge oil-filled radiator, and a two-ring plug-in 'portable' Baby Belling oven. There was a bathroom and toilet that I shared with two other rooms. Most of the furniture was put there by my ladylady and it took up more space than I had floor to walk on. I lived there for about four years... Maybe five.

Essentially then, a bedsit is a house in one (usually rather crampt) room. Most people find them rather miserable places to live. Personally I looked at it as a means to an end. I'm studying for my PhD so I don't have time to earn the money necessary for a better place to live and I accept that. I now share a small house with Sues, which gives us more space but we're still rather squashed in here, especially with loads of boxes of Little Goth Girl stuff all over the place!
Anyway! Angel, perhaps you should do some research online if you're really interested in learning about British culture, rather than basing your opinions on a book that was specifically edited for an American audience. tongue.gif

[/quote]

Hey!

I didn't base any opinions! I was just curious! *puppy pout*
Red Flame
So is LGG's boyfriend is called Sea? When did that happen? did I miss something? Anyway I think mata should explain and finish 'LGG's first date' because I would be very interested to know what happened there.

P.S i got a Little Goth Girl bag for Christmas! I'm so happy!
Usurper MrTeapot
^ Read up. Or if thats too much trouble then heres the exact post.

The Exact Post.
Astarael
Yeah, she asked that question a few weeks ago, someone answered it, and she forgot. Oh, the irony.
Mata
As I've said before, there will be more Little Goth Girl episodes and there will be more about what's going on in the story. I've been refining some elements of the plot tonight; I've got the overall arc drawn out but I haven't decided on every point of it yet. I'm fairly certain about how the next episode will go but it needs time to fully ferment.

There will one day be a last episode of Little Goth Girl, after which I won't write any more, but we're a long way off from that yet.
Astarael
Ferment away. If it's anywhere near as good as the last few, I shall do cartwheels and squeal like a fangirl. tongue.gif
Radaga
Since I cannot start a topic, and the question somewhat relates to this one, there it goes: Mata, wont you feel cheated when you see things like Samurai Jack on cartoon (lapin), or Point Pleasant (LGG) on FOX?

Good ideas tend to be repeated, or perhaps you have fans inside some TV corporations tongue.gif tongue.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
pfft, Samurai Jack is similar to Samuri Lapin because...it's about Samurais? If Jack was a bunny...or Lapin was in the future then maybe, but they're not.

I've never heard of North shore, but I just read about it, how is it like LGG? What?
Radaga
The main character is the daughter of satan and a human and her main concern is to choose from being good, or accept her heritage...

and it's not North Shore, my mistake, but POINT PLEASANT...

as for jack and lapin... well, both animations also look like they were made on flash laugh.gif
I love both Jack and Lapin! biggrin.gif

If you've ever watched Jack, you've seen him tune himself completely into his environment in one episode, similar to Lapin and his environment.

...Erm, does anybody watch Jack?
Red Flame
When do you find out LGG's boyfriends name?

Also I really really really want to know the explination to thier first date. It was never explained. What is his job? Who were those people with holy knifes? How did he confront LGG about it?

I need answers!!!! Please!!!
Radaga
QUOTE (Red Flame @ Jan 13 2006, 03:57 PM)
When do you find out LGG's boyfriends name?

Also I really really really want to know the explination to thier first date. It was never explained. What is his job? Who were those people with holy knifes? How did he confront LGG about it?

I need answers!!!! Please!!!

I dont think there was a confrontation..

like: "erm...Sarah, by any chance were you the half demon girl that obliterated those cultists last night?"

It's not the kind of question that brings up any healthy thread of conversation. tongue.gif

Oh, and Angel, I do watch to jack, every now and then. There are some pretty adult episodes, like when Aboo turns into a warrior girl, and folows him, messing up his feelings, to reveal himself at the end, mocking him and everything. It's good, on the overall.. but still look like made in flash tongue.gif
Red Flame
but when do you find out his name or is it one of those unmentioned things?
Radaga
QUOTE (Red Flame @ Jan 13 2006, 04:15 PM)
but when do you find out his name or is it one of those unmentioned things?

? his name is Sea ... (LGG First date, first word sarah says)
Mata
There will be answers, when I have time to make the next episode. Currently I'm having to take a normal day-job to pay the bills, which is going to mean a lot less time for animating, but that's just the way things go sometimes.

I have watched Samurai Jack and the episodes I've seen were great. They've got a very nice style, but in other respects the animations are pretty dissimilar. I do confess though that I nicked an animation tip from them: if you have some flapping cloth in a scene it means you don't need to bother with camera movements and so save yourself a lot of work. biggrin.gif

I've got no issue with Samurai Jack because there's no real similarity there; however, Point Pleasent does seem a bit more of a coincidence. It may well just be complete chance that another story with an identical basic premise was made a couple of years after mine... I don't know, and there's no way that I could find out. They did an alright job with it, but I did often wonder whether any of the team (who had previously been working on Buffy and therefore would be moderately likely to have seen various things from goth culture) had seen my LGG animations. There was enough time for the idea to be pinched and turned into a series, but then again it's also not something that's so far away from being just a coincidence. It's entirely believable that my plot was just something that was waiting to happen and we both came up with it by ourselves.
[quote=Radaga,Jan 13 2006, 02:07 PM]
[quote=Red Flame,Jan 13 2006, 03:57 PM]When do you find out LGG's boyfriends name?

Oh, and Angel, I do watch to jack, every now and then. There are some pretty adult episodes, like when Aboo turns into a warrior girl, and folows him, messing up his feelings, to reveal himself at the end, mocking him and everything. It's good, on the overall.. but still look like made in flash tongue.gif

[/quote]

LOL! laugh.gif Yeah, the first time I saw that episode, it left me thinking "...Why was Aku dressed as a woman?" Ha, ha!!! But I love Aku! He's so funny! He's my favorite villain.

I don't really think that was that much of an "adult episode," though I was a little apprehensive about my li'l siblings seeing the one where Jack wanders into that graveyard type place and fights zombies, and Aku looks like he's about to totally do him in!!! ohmy.gif

I think the best one for kids would be the one where Aku totally screws up all those fairy tales!!! laugh.gif That was so hilarious!!!!

...D'you have a fave?
Radaga
[quote=Angel the Samurai Princess,Jan 16 2006, 07:47 PM]
[quote=Red Flame,Jan 13 2006, 03:57 PM]When do you find out LGG's boyfriends name?

[/quote]

LOL! laugh.gif Yeah, the first time I saw that episode, it left me thinking "...Why was Aku dressed as a woman?" Ha, ha!!! But I love Aku! He's so funny! He's my favorite villain.

I don't really think that was that much of an "adult episode," though I was a little apprehensive about my li'l siblings seeing the one where Jack wanders into that graveyard type place and fights zombies, and Aku looks like he's about to totally do him in!!! ohmy.gif

I think the best one for kids would be the one where Aku totally screws up all those fairy tales!!! laugh.gif That was so hilarious!!!!

...D'you have a fave?

[/quote]

By Adult I dont mean not suitable for children, but more on the line of "A theme adults will comprehend/enjoy much more" wink.gif

Favorite... the one where he meet some "greeks" that fight a machine that produces robots.. and lead them to the machine itself, on a desperate strike. Have you seen it? smile.gif (wont get into much detail, in case you havent .. and forgive my bad english.. I am brazilian tongue.gif )
Mata
I've seen that one. I thought the character design was particularly strong in that episode.

Incidentally, Radaga, your English is better than quite a few native English speakers that I've had on my forums!
[quote=Radaga,Jan 16 2006, 11:04 PM]
[quote=Angel the Samurai Princess,Jan 16 2006, 07:47 PM]

[/quote]

...D'you have a fave?

[/quote]

By Adult I dont mean not suitable for children, but more on the line of "A theme adults will comprehend/enjoy much more" wink.gif

Favorite... the one where he meet some "greeks" that fight a machine that produces robots.. and lead them to the machine itself, on a desperate strike. Have you seen it? smile.gif (wont get into much detail, in case you havent .. and forgive my bad english.. I am brazilian tongue.gif )

[/quote]

ohmy.gif HOLY CRAP!!!!
THAT'S ONE OF THE BEST EPISODES EVER!!! I heard it was made after this old movie called (something like) "The 300 Spartans." That episode was SO AWESOME!!!! I still remember just about everything that happened, even though it's been waaaaaaaaaay too long since I've seen it.

No worries, though: I've got the first season on DVD. YEAH, BABY! wink.gif
Mata
*puts on moderating hat* Could people either fix the quotes or stop reusing broken ones please?
Red Flame
I was thinking that maybe LGG's prom night might be a good episode. She about the right age isn't she? Would she even bother going?

Anyway something to think about,

Love

Red Flame x x x
Radaga
ohmy.gif HOLY CRAP!!!!
THAT'S ONE OF THE BEST EPISODES EVER!!!  I heard it was made after this old movie called (something like) "The 300 Spartans."  That episode was SO AWESOME!!!!  I still remember just about everything that happened, even though it's been waaaaaaaaaay too long since I've seen it.

No worries, though:  I've got the first season on DVD. YEAH, BABY! wink.gif

Angel:

The 300 of Sparta is a semi-historical episode, where the Spartan army, led by Leonidas, and composed of 300 men only fought the invading Persian army of Xerxes, son of Dario. The later was estimated to be around 60.000 strong.

Also, the 300 of sparta were reinforced, from the beginning, by around 1000 of other greeks. They held fast, because the landscape (narrow valley between two high mountains) were not suitable for persian cavalry (their main strenght). So the persians had to fight with javelins and small round shields, while the greeks had the hoplites.

Those battles were known as the battles of Thermopilas. In greek, this means "gates of fire"

As a curiosity, it were the Persians, that after being tipped of a secret passageway that led them flanking the spartan forces, that won this episode, after suffering massive casualities. And only after sparta had sent their reinforcement back to their hometowns, in order to warn them and have them prepared for war.

This heroic move made possible that greece, with supperior technology and a vastly more experienced navy and naval tatics actually win in the end, almost pushing the war back into Persian territory.

That make us wonder. Greece was where democracy concept was born, and developed to an extent that made it almost ready-for-use on France, by the Revolution. What would have been of this concept, if those 300 men had not held fast the Thermopilas' pass?

Perhaps Churchil was wrong, after all, and, at least once before, "Never was so much owed by so many to so few"

But I am beginning to sound boring, enough of history lessons =^.^=

p.s. Mata, thanks for your compliment, I am indeed, honored. *bows deeply*
Astarael
History is interesting, particularly when battles and situations that would make mind-bending alternate-history books. smile.gif
Mata's right, by the way. I've just seen the old posts, and you speak better English than many of the native English speakers at my school and on some of the forums I visit.
I dunno about how good people's English is, but that was a cool History lesson, Radaga!

Thank you! *bow*

Maybe Mata-sensei should make a 300Spartan-type eppy of Samurai Lapin! wink.gif
Mata
I think I'll be leaving time travel alone for the moment, but I may have some fun with that kind of thing at some point. Like LGG, a 'final episode' plan does exist for Lapin, but I've not got any specific narrative arc in place to get me there.

Red Flame: I can't decide about a prom episode. I've considered it in the past, but I've not needed to include one in the plot yet.
Ooh, an LGG prom? blink.gif
That doesn't sound bad at all!!!! smile.gif
Blakrose
Samuri Jack is different from Samuri Lapin in that that Samuri Jack sucks. LGG is original...end of story. Haha. I love her. <33

As for new episode ideas I like the one about Devils and Sea. Also, there has to be a time where Sea confronts Sarah about what happened in the first date ep. If I were him I'd be like Ohemeffgee WOW! And ask her more about what she can do. That's all I have right now. *brain fart*
That makes me wonder about Sea:
Is he some sort of angel (like the counselor) sent to shepherd her to the Light as well? unsure.gif Dunno...sounds cool, though.

And Samurai Jack does not suck, thank you. dry.gif
Radaga
By the way, some background on Lapin's enemies, who are they, what are their motives, who leads them (his bully next-door friend, perhaps ;P ) ? Would en apisode about that be possible, or, if not, some OOE (out-of-episode) clarification?

Many thanks,

André
Astarael
Surely the leader is the evil orange rabbit who beat up Lapin and stole his ice cream cone when they were young. That heart-rending event inspired Lapin to become a samurai. tongue.gif
Mata
It's a bit more dramatic than that. There will eventually be at least one early-life episode.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.