Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Episode Ideas
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > About the animations
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
monosodiumglutemate
how abouta parody fashion TV show/magazine??
it's not at all hard to do (I've been doing a fake magazine for my friends for years)
monosodiumglutemate
oh! oh! wait! I've just come up with one!

it is told from the point of view of plants, who are more highly evolved and intelligent than humans.. it chronicles how they found humans to be a threat and they invented diseases and stuff to get rid of them, but they had failed.. and how.. um..
I don't really know
or it could take the form of a war between Man and the plants..
and maybe it could be a Matrix-esque thing, where the humans block out the sun to kill the plants but the plants then use them as human batteries to power them!!
o_o...
I am just making this all up as I go along
or you could do one about some type of malevolent houseplant?
a plant biding its time until it can kill the family in the house or something..
or it could be a bonsai tree! or a shrub! and it just needs to get big enough, but the people keep trimming it..
o_o;; um, yeah.
no, I'm not 'on' anything. what do you mean by that
dancing hamster guy
Please have some dancing hamster animations - pleeeaaaase!!
Mata
I know the people who released the dancing hamster song in the UK, and I think that they would rather not be reminded of it!
dancing hamster guy
not the hamster song - these - dancing hamsters
Mata
No. Definitely not. Never, and 'not in this lifetime'... Probably.

Don't hold your breath.
Xkitsurabamix
Here's a thought, geneticlly altered rabbits, after years of testing, break free from a the facility that tourtured them so. They begin their killing spree, and rip out people's tracheas whenever they cross paths. The rabid, vengeful bunnies happen upon a tiny little girl, cold and alone after running away from home. She's in a dark alleyway, and spooky men are coming twards her...
The bunnis act quickly, and slaughter the wicked men, and hop over to the little girl to see if she is alright. They nuzzle her, and it turns out that she is the one meant to tame them. From then on, she is the Mistress of the Bunnies, and then they end off the day by dancing. There could be a sterio and then the bunnies could dance, and there would be onomatopoeia words around it saying 'Hip hop' because...bunnies hip hop around, and then the sterio could be playing hip hop...i don't know,t hat part isn't ironed out that well in my mind.
Yeah...so, what do you think?
*Eats pizza and sips coffee* I woke up about ten min ago. Woot.
exceptional1709
... and then they could give Samuri Lapin a run for his money. Or not...
Moosh
QUOTE (dancing hamster guy @ Nov 30 2004, 10:45 AM)
not the hamster song - these - dancing hamsters

I have one that isn't on the list, Reggae Hamster that sings Pass the Dutchie
dancing hamster guy
I have about ten of them-
- kung-fu fighter
- rocky boxer
- grim reaper
- hombre
- wild willy biker
- cowboy
- jailhouse rick
- egyptian pharoh
- forget the rest

I love 'em all!
little_bear
QUOTE (dancing hamster guy @ Dec 2 2004, 02:01 PM)
I have about ten of them-
- kung-fu fighter
- rocky boxer
- grim reaper
- hombre
- wild willy biker
- cowboy
- jailhouse rick
- egyptian pharoh
- forget the rest

I love 'em all!

Only ten? Pffft, I laugh at your puny collection. wink.gif

(Although admittedly I don't have any...)
Feyliya
Something about squirrels and/or cockroaches taking over the world. You know they will some day. ph34r.gif
arachnidoc17
Something about a guy who's a really big Pyromaniac.
sjwt
I still think we need a Mr SnaffleBurger for Presedent animation =>
El Nino
Sarah has not actually met death yet, that we've seen, has she?
PsycikPsycho
How about a whole "meet Sarah's Dad" episode involving her new romantic interest happy.gif See how Satan reacts to his little girl getting a boyfriend..mwahaha...
PsychWardMike
How about...

"<Insert Mata animation here> In SPACE!"

(Everything is better in space!)
Tarantio
If you're feeling as unoriginal as I am right now, you could do a Samurai Lapin take on kill bill...
arachnidoc17
How about Samurai Lapin meets... Demonic toys... or... some...thing.
Do a GOOLGE picture search for "Pinhead puppet" (Not the pinhead you're thinking of) and prepare to laugh.
Moosh
QUOTE (PsychWardMike @ Dec 8 2004, 09:55 PM)
How about...

"<Insert Mata animation here> In SPACE!"

(Everything is better in space!)

or better still...

"<Insert Mata animation> on ice"
froggle-rock
I personally think summit along the lines of 'The Amazing Adventures of Funked Out Frog in Cyberspace' would be the bestest animation ever made.

*starts thinking about her costume*
arachnidoc17
"The adventures of Funked out frog in Cyberspace on ice" tongue.gif

With songs from Arachnidoc's "not-so-madd rhymes" album
El Nino
You can use the following in an episode if you want to Mata

The harsh unyielding reality of having to compromise your ideals bit by bit just to achieve a few little victories in the face of the worlds malice or indifference. Until sometimes you wonder if there's nothing left of you but the shell of the person you intended to be, just going through the motions because you've nothing better to do.
arachnidoc17
Hmm, sounds like something I'd pretend to be listening to while drinking a can or two of Pepsi. Also while watching the race.
Moosh
*BUMP!*

After discussion with other cult member, we think Mata should make a 'Brother Orange Sheep' Animation.

My idea for a plot is that Brother Orange Sheep is discriminated against because of his colour, then leads a revolt, is sent to a secret penal colony on Mars then unites the worker sheep (black, white and orange) to rebel agaisnt their cruel task-masters and form a Utopia. or something

Subliminal Messaging Tiny Text here too. Come to BBS, Come to BBS
sjwt
QUOTE (Mata @ Nov 29 2004, 01:16 PM)
I know the people who released the dancing hamster song in the UK, and I think that they would rather not be reminded of it!

I dont know about them, but im sure the rest of us are in teh same boat <G>

jsut one of those seemed like a catchy thing, at the time, kind of like the 60's, and the 70's, and the 80's oh and lets not forget the 90's
Linda T
QUOTE (Mata @ Sep 14 2004, 01:39 AM)
I suspect the dreaded mangled database of doom ate everything at the end of the last thread so I figured I'd start a new one, although I also suspect that this will also degenerate into discussion of towels quite soon too...

Towels?

Did somebody mention towels?

I have issues related to bags "made of 'authentic kimono material'".

What are Kimonos actually made of?

Ah, well.

Very Battle Royale.
Dark Flame
The dancing hamsters are cute on their own, but when they're put to music it just...creeps me out. *shudder*

I would like to know what the symbol in LGG's First Date means...simply because I love that animation and it'd be even better if someone enlightened me on bits of it. That brings me to the Devils issue. If the counselor is not a figment of LGG's imagination, then that would make him and angel. The other real character is the devil that the angel fights with. The only other true fact that would arise from those conditions is that satan is LGG's father. What remains unknown is Devils' existence, Sea's existence, and who the weird robed people are.
If Sea is real, then it would matter what Devils' reaction to him is, but if he is one of LGG's hallucinations, then it isn't really important. Assuming that Sea is real and cannot see Devils, it would be questionable whether Devils really exists (but just can't be seen by the angel/counselor) or is imagined. If Devils is imagined, his reaction to Sea doesn't say much. If he's real, then it would lead to questions to do with Sea's true nature because he might be an angel like the counselor (who also cannot see Devils). Also, if Devils is real, then his reaction to Sea would be valid for interpretation.
Another possible scenario is that Sea is real and can see Devils. This would lead to questions to do with his possibly being of demonic nature. It would also be interesting if Devils was LGG's imagination, but Sea also acknowledges Devils' existence. <-- that would make Sea similar to LGG... Sea's being able to see Devils would make him aware of Devils' reaction to him, which would then provoke a reaction to Devils. It could get even more interesting from there. I'm just anticipating the next episode in hopes that some of these questions will be posed, or answered, or both. smile.gif

Now that I've thought too much about that...quite obviously by the length of my first post...I think I'll go make myself useful. Aaah, spring break, the time of reading good books and being forced to clean the house.
Mata
There is a thread in this bit of the forums about the symbol in the First Date animation where people have suggested a few ideas (and some are close-ish to being right).

Also, there's no reason that there should only be good and evil forces around, there could be any number of agencies working to push their agenda, with Sarah in the midde of all of it.
Apollyon
With the agencies all pushing their agendas it could make LGG seem a bit like Mr. SB. I hope you can try to keep it original.

Anyway, how 'bout an anim about a man asking god (or a god, lets not get religious) questions about life. I've come up with some hilarious jokes on that line, and if I had your skill I could totally make really cool animations.
Ashbless
Red Flame brought up an idea about Sarah the LGG having some sort of stuffed animal toy as a child.
What was Sarah like when she was little on the commune? Did she grow into her powers or was she setting fire to things she wasn't happy with? How did she come to leave her Mom?
Astarael
Does Sarah have any friends besides Devils and Sea? What happened to Mr. McSqueaky and Fluffykin? How can Sarah get in touch with the demons and righteous angels mentioned in Mr. Fluffykin? How did the goth bunnies come to live in Satan's house? For that matter, how did Satan build or buy the house in the first place without attracting too much attention? Who lives in the house besides Sarah and the animals that we've seen already?
Explain some of this stuff and I will be very happy! biggrin.gif
Mata
Other friends: none that we've seen so far, and they would probably be quite odd.

Mr McSqueaky is still around, Fluffykin the Destroyer was a figment of her imagination (for now).

She probably doesn't know how to get in touch with the demons and angels either. I don't think she always thinks her plans through very well (see the Icecream Man episode).

Goth bunnies: more the point, how come there is an entire world coming off of a coridor in the house. I think that some of the doors serve as transdimensional portals, when they feel like it.

Satan inspired money, so financial transactions wouldn't present problems, not forgetting that lawyers are mostly in the employ of Satan already.

Who else lives there? Lots of things.

There you go smile.gif
Red Flame
I think that LGG's boyfriend asks to meet her parents. That's just a recipe for a very funny yet slightly disturbing episode.

P.S Lobster's like to wear feather boa's

P.P.S mainly blue ones

P.P.P.S with sparkly bits

P.P.P.P.S I need to get a life blink.gif
Kitty
Once upon a time you said you'd do an animation with one of my imaginary people's things. I dont remember what exactly but I think it might have been the Sleep People. They crawl into your brain when you're sleeping and mess around so when you wake up you act almost like you're high.

tongue.gif It might have been something different though. I bet I have the conversation laying around somewhere....
Mata
It doesn't ring any bells... But my memory shifts like desert sand, so who knows what I said, because I certainly don't most of the time!
Kitty
I went and found the old Word document of our emails (atleast.... some of our emails....) and started reading through it, its really funny at some points.... Not because we said anything funny really, just the way we worded stuff. We've both grown older tongue.gif

But! I forgot about the Laminated Monkies and Day Goblins, which might also have been something you wanted to animate.

As I fall deeper into the text.... I'll resurface later tongue.gif

Later:
Heh! I found it! It was about Laminated Monkies....:

How I ended up with a laminated monkey on my shoulder
Ten ways to find undead in Brighton
Mooning from buses for fun and profit
How to survive defenestration
Smurfs: The next generation
How I discovered that one in ten kittens can bounce

I think some of these may be coming to a website near you soon.
Mata
Ah yes, I vaguely remember that now. I think it was the last one that I liked the most.
Jatopian
QUOTE (Apollyon @ Apr 7 2005, 05:56 PM)
Anyway, how 'bout an anim about a man asking god (or a god, lets not get religious) questions about life.  I've come up with some hilarious jokes on that line, and if I had your skill I could totally make really cool animations.
Man alive, has that topic been overdone.
I find that that sort of thing offends more persons than it entertains, so it would likely be a net loss for Matazone.
Astarael
I've found the thread about the LGG's First Date symbol and am making up my own theory. If the Sigil of Lucifer has an extra bit and the bit-less symbol summoned Sarah, then the symbol links her to Satan. This makes sense, as she is his daughter. This begs the question of how the dark priest people knew that Satan had a daughter, who they were, and how they learned to summon her. What do they know about her role in the destiny of the world? The missing bit of Satan's symbol is veeeeery interesting. Perhaps Sarah doesn't have something that Satan clearly does (profound evil, true darkness in her soul- I'm still thinking about this), or perhaps it represents the ultimate choice that she has yet to make. Her choice would either add something to the symbol or utterly change it, depending on how she chose. I'll wait to see how close to the truth I am.
By the way, loved that animation and Open Mike Night. Very great, both of them. smile.gif
Mata
Thanks, and you're thinking in the right directions.
Usurper MrTeapot
Perhaps a character collaboration. The description for this forum suggests a thread on "who would win between Mittens and Samauri Lapin?" but how about something that crosses the characters together. More than just a Mittens poster in SL's Master's room, and more along the lines of Nintendo's Smash Brothers with everyone together.
Mata
If a game idea comes to me that would let that work then I'll defnitely bear that in mind!
Usurper MrTeapot
Doesn't specifically need to be a game, Sarah could trip up on a cat on the way to Sea's house and give a shot of her stroking Mittens. *shrug* It's possible.
Mata
I think the design styles are too different to really work together in the same 'universe'. I have considered getting them involved in a dream sequence at some point, but never really had the chance to go any further with the idea yet.
Novander
How about something like Sarah watching TV when a snaffleburger advert comes on and somehow they get talking. Then the animation styles wouldn't have to match up. Each would be in his/her own element anyway.
Mata
I thought I'd already had a Snaffleburger brand something-or-other in one of the LGG animations... Maybe I'm imagining it. I have definitely intended to!
Novander
QUOTE (Mata @ Nov 24 2005, 03:09 PM)
I thought I'd already had a Snaffleburger brand something-or-other in one of the LGG animations... Maybe I'm imagining it. I have definitely intended to!
Probably I just didn't remember/notice.

but did you have them Talking To Each Other?
Mata
No, but I'm just not convinced that it would work in the LGG storyline.
Novander
Then I shall be forced to make my own flash animations, about Lidl Goth Girl, who happens to work at Lidl and is the daughter of Santa
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.