Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Should I...
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2
Snugglebum the Destroyer
What the poll said.

I'm all for it. Anyone think of any reasons why I shouldn't? wink.gif
Righteous
If you want to, go for it. You're a grown woman. If you want to do something you have all the right in the world to, so why not go for it?

Theough I would suggest getting the hood pierced as the piercing of the clitoris itself could make it lose feeling. I knew a chick who got the hood pierced because her friend lost sensation after she got her clit done.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Good point Ri - to clarify it would be a vertical hood piercing.
CommieBastard
Vertical hood? That sounds pretty cool, I say go for it.
spiffilicious05
All I can say is ow.

Go for it, but in my mind some things just weren't meant to be pierced. -- but hey - whatever floats your boat smile.gif go for it
Polocrunch
*Feels rather ignorant*

What exactly is the "hood" and how painful is it? Also, how does your partner feel, and is there a high risk of infection or permanent damage?
Snugglebum the Destroyer
What exactly is the "hood" and how painful is it? Also, how does your partner feel, and is there a high risk of infection or permanent damage?

The hood is the bit of skin that covers the clitoris itself. As with most piercings it only hurts when the needle is going through (although six week healing time with no nookie, eek).

No risk of permanant damage - infection as with any piercing is subject to how clean you keep it and not knocking it about.

I've not yet TOLD the other half on my intentions but I should imagine I can talk him around. wink.gif
Quoth(The Raven)
personally, having an extreme aversion to pain, the idea of any piercing causes me to wince... but if you're sure, go for it. Me, I change my computer wallpaper more often than my clothes... I'm too indeciscive to spend money on piercings or tattoos, cause I'd change my mind shortly after I got it...
Spacehappy
I'd be afraid of getting my todger caught in the ring, and as for a stud well .......... i may feel small next to one wink.gif
gothictheysay
All up to you Mrs. Daredevil. tongue.gif But don't listen to me, I've sworn off piercing of any kind.
CommieBastard
QUOTE (Spacehappy @ Sep 19 2004, 11:54 PM)
I'd be afraid of getting my todger caught in the ring

That's a thought - could you get your pubes caught in the ring?
Quoth(The Raven)
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Sep 19 2004, 07:05 PM)

Ouch! Never thought of that one!
Mata

Yes, that can happen to people.

Drawbacks: feeling like you will get funny looks when you go for smear tests (which of course you won't because they have probably seen people with ten labia piercings, a chain and a padlock keeping it all together). The ring occasionaly twisting uncomfortably.

Pros: Feeling naawty even when you're not doing anything. If you don't like it you can take it out. It heals faster than piercings in other parts of the body.
Feyliya
If that's your thing and you think you can keep it clean, go for it.
PsychWardMike
*wince*

Ouch with a capital "OHMYGODDAMNTHAT'SPAINFUL." But it's not like I could do anything to stop you or deter you. Go for it, baby.
gothictheysay
Feeling naawty

I cannot believe MATA just said that. laugh.gif
EvilSpork
Basically what Mata said.

And I must comment on this... Odd looks? Nah. Aroused looks maybe. (Yes, I just said that.)
Righteous
Call me desensitized, but I don't really see the big deal with genital piercings. It's not that I think they're stupid or anything. I think body modification in general is cool. But a lot of people get freaked out by it and I don't. I used to hang around this place called The Needle Fetish and I've seen pics of some really interesting piercings.

Good point Ri - to clarify it would be a vertical hood piercing.

Hey, just because I've seen them, doesn't mean I know what they're all called. Thanks for the info.

Hmm. I'm suprised I never learned about desensitization while talking with Alva (from Needle Fetish). I did find out that nipple piercings can heighten sensations. I'll ask Rick when he gets his nipples done.

Speaking of Rick, he found out a lot of gruesome facts about Prince Alberts and no longer wants one. He is now thinking of getting his scrotum pierced at the base of his penis.
froggle-rock
Snugs,

I vote a definate yes because I've had mine done and I wouldn't not have it for all the chocolate cake in the world. I've noticed a blatent increase in sensativity: it serves it purpose.

Although the vertical is more asthetic, your piercer should be the best one to advise wheather or not a horizontal one will be better for your shape.

Two friends of mine had theirs done about a year and a half ago, and neither have reported any (gradual or other) desensitisation to date. And from the 'research' I did prior to getting pierced I found no reason to believe that desensitisation was likley to occur. In saying that though, there is alwas the possibility that it could happen. But that's like there always being the possibility that one could be knocked down by a bus.

Yes, that can happen to people.

Keep trim?

With regards to no jiggy-jiggy for 6 weeks: jiggy-jiggy post healing will more than make up for it.
I'd be afraid of getting my todger caught in the ring, and as for a stud well .......... i may feel small next to one

Space happy, how big exactly do you think the ring/ studd will be? blink.gif

Feeling naawty even when you're not doing anything

this is true. wink.gif

I guess your argument could always go along the lines of: 'But surley you'd want me to have (even) more pleasure when we maka de love? Wouldnt you? *puppy dog eyes*'
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Actually, despite what you all may think, it's less about enhancing pleasure and more about the way it looks. As with ALL of my other piercings, the main reason I want it is because I think it looks nice.

The pleasure principle is a brucie bonus! wink.gif

I did find out that nipple piercings can heighten sensations.

I never found that? I just think they look pretty spanking! biggrin.gif
Forever Unknown
Hmm.

Are you planning to do this yourself or go to a piercist, because I remember us having this conversation....
Mutilation
Well, if you have a partener you might want to consult him/her incase they don't like that sort of stuff, but then you can just make up your own mind about it.

I personally would never get any peircings but meh.
saucy_tara
Oooh I think you should go fer it wink.gif As many of the longer standing forumites know I jingle when I walk downstairs wink.gif
Just make sure you go to a reputable (preferably APP registered) piercer and only use professional aftercare cleaning solutions such as provon, never use tea tree or peroxide solution, mmmkay?? biggrin.gif
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Are you planning to do this yourself or go to a piercist, because I remember us having this conversation

Ohh, NOO - I'll go to a piercist. Just because I've got the tools doesn't mean I'm going to start doing it myself, it's not like an ear or a nipple!!! *nearly has a fit*

BTW - perhaps we SHOULDN'T tell Mum about this quite yet also (seeing as I'm going to ask her to give me the money for it).

use professional aftercare cleaning solutions such as provon, never use tea tree or peroxide solution, mmmkay??

Thanks for the advice. This will be piercing number 18 and I tend to stick to good old salt water. Hasn't let me down yet biggrin.gif
Pab
ow ... ow ow ow ow .. just OW ... *bungs ears with fingers and closes eyes*
Forever Unknown
Ohh, NOO - I'll go to a piercist. Just because I've got the tools doesn't mean I'm going to start doing it myself, it's not like an ear or a nipple!!! *nearly has a fit*

*relief*

BTW - perhaps we SHOULDN'T tell Mum about this quite yet also (seeing as I'm going to ask her to give me the money for it).

Aww. She'll be so proud.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Aww. She'll be so proud.

I'm going to tell her that I'm spending my birthday money on something adult, befitting my advancing years.

Perhaps a toy boy is in order... biggrin.gif
smallcuteanddeadly
Due to reasons I won't give because I think it'll be WAY too much information for at least 99% of people likely to read this, I say GO FOR IT COZ THEY'RE GREAT!!!!

I'm told it hurts less than having your nipples done. But I've had neither done myself, so I don't know how accurate that is.

My only practical worry would be getting it caught in lacey undies. However I've also been told the answer to that is don't wear any...
DarkInferno
Check the feedback and the credentials of the piercer and go for it... a friend of mine has a vertical hood and she loooooves it. She also said it wasn't as painful as she thought....
CommieBastard
QUOTE (smallcuteanddeadly @ Sep 20 2004, 01:35 PM)
Due to reasons I won't give because I think it'll be WAY too much information for at least 99% of people likely to read this, I say GO FOR IT COZ THEY'RE GREAT!!!!

Pfft, this is Matazone. It's never too much information.
Oni Usagi
Will there be pictures? laugh.gif
PsychWardMike
I have to go with Commie and Oni on this one.

Cheers to you for having more balls than me to do it!

*raises glass*
CommieBastard
QUOTE (PsychWardMike @ Sep 20 2004, 06:22 PM)
Cheers to you for having more balls than me to do it!

Considering the nature of the piercing, surely it is to her advantage that she has less balls?
PsychWardMike
Or some such.

You know what I meant.

Don't make fun of me... I just got outta surgery and I'm still a bit loopy from all the stuff.
Cath Sparrow
Go for it if thats what you want! But I think you should wait till the london meet to get it cause it'd sure make up for no one getting pierced in Manc! tongue.gif
Aislinn Faye
oh wow.. that sounds painful. I don't know anyone who's had that done, I personally wouldn't want it done. But like everyone's been saying if you want it then get it, you can always get it taken out. Just be careful to keep it clean.
CommieBastard
QUOTE (Cath @ Sep 20 2004, 07:24 PM)
Go for it if thats what you want! But I think you should wait till the london meet to get it cause it'd sure make up for no one getting pierced in Manc! tongue.gif

Oh, she's right. You have to get pierced at the Meet! It's tradition!
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Sep 20 2004, 12:09 PM)
Perhaps a toy boy is in order...   biggrin.gif

heheh nah, that'd never work tongue.gif
beleraphon
your body your choise.

one word

AFTERCARE

not the kind of place you want to go icky!

Considering a load of my friends are heavily into some fairly extreme body-mod (suspensions, play piercing & scarification mostly)I've can say that the most important thing is to go to someone safe and reputable, and to take really good care of yourself afterwards.

good luck, whatever you choose

bel.
Righteous
QUOTE (saucy_tara @ Sep 20 2004, 03:40 AM)
Just make sure you go to a reputable (preferably APP registered) piercer

I knew a guy who wanted to get something cut in his arm scarification style. Instead of going to a reputable body modifier, he went to a guy he knows. The first cut was really, really deep. Eventually the guy ran out of arm. So now this guy has some horrid scars up and down his arm.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (gothictheysay @ Sep 19 2004, 10:55 PM)
All up to you Mrs. Daredevil. tongue.gif But don't listen to me, I've sworn off piercing of any kind.

Me too after my ear cartilidge (SP?) one is still not quite healed. I had it done in Nov 2002! dry.gif

Tattoos all the way for me now biggrin.gif

My friend had it done and she couldn't have an orgasm before and she can now so she's all for it. Not for me though blink.gif
Jonman
100% for it.

The aesthetic is definitely a plus, but from the bloke's point of view, clit piercings are genius. It's like installing a big flashing orgasm button onto your bits. Provides a handy positional point of reference to cunning linguists of all skill levels.

From what the wife's told me about when she had hers done, it was healed enough to make the beast with two backs within days.
smallcuteanddeadly
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Sep 20 2004, 06:07 PM)
QUOTE (smallcuteanddeadly @ Sep 20 2004, 01:35 PM)

Pfft, this is Matazone. It's never too much information.

I'd tell you, but it's built up too much now *laughs*

commie, I think such a knowledgeable man like yourself can guess anyway tongue.gif wink.gif
Snugglebum the Destroyer
The aesthetic is definitely a plus, but from the bloke's point of view, clit piercings are genius. It's like installing a big flashing orgasm button onto your bits. Provides a handy positional point of reference to cunning linguists of all skill levels.

With a reference like that how can I NOT have it done!!! biggrin.gif
Snugglebum the Destroyer

Hmmm - that will never ever happen. For two reasons, the first being that I have a piercist that I know and trust who will do it.

Secondly, you'll all want to see it and with enough beer coursng through my veins I'm likely to get carried away with the novelty and flash everyone. Then comes the bone crushing embarassment and knowledge that about fifteen people that I don't know that well have seen my Nuff Nuff.

So - no.
Phyllis
I also say go for it!

Lo once told Oni and I a magical tale about a girl she knew who had hers done. The girl couldn't climb stairs cause that motion caused her to get a little too excited and she then ended up having an orgasm. I giggled at the possibility of her working on a top floor of a high rise building and the elevator not working, while Oni wondered if she had a stairmaster in her house. Someone else may have been there, but I'm not sure. I was very amused, though.

biggrin.gif
Pab
QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Sep 21 2004, 06:30 PM)

Hmmm - that will never ever happen. For two reasons, the first being that I have a piercist that I know and trust who will do it.

Secondly, you'll all want to see it and with enough beer coursng through my veins I'm likely to get carried away with the novelty and flash everyone. Then comes the bone crushing embarassment and knowledge that about fifteen people that I don't know that well have seen my Nuff Nuff.

So - no.

that was a 'maybe'
CommieBastard
QUOTE (Pab @ Sep 21 2004, 08:25 PM)
that was a 'maybe'

Yeah, that's what I heard too.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
No.
Jonman
Some further information after talking to the wife. She said that the vertical piercing is the one that does the most goodness for naughty sex stuff. Far more than the horizontal one.

Needless to say, her piercing is the vertical style.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.