Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tattoos
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Creations
Pages: 1, 2
Deminsia19
cool.gif tongue.gif smile.gif
smallcuteanddeadly
I've got a quite large tattoo of a phoenix on my extreme lower back on the right. What I've not got is a big blob of a tat, I didn't want to have something with little detail. Tattoos are fine, but they should suit the individual person. A delicate looking person should have a delicate looking tattoo to match, so me as 152 ish cm tall with a very girlish figure, should stick to very feminine designs. Which I have. Does that make sense? I don't like ones with huge blocks of black. I like pretty, intricate, delicate designs. That doesn't mean I dislike big designs, I just want more detail.
Pixelgoth
Option b doesn't make sense. How can you prefer them small and like them huge??? unsure.gif

We have had similar threads in the past. My main tattoo is my avatar. It's between my shoulder blades....that's on my back, trust me, it's been asked before rolleyes.gif

I have a heartagram on my lower back which a. I got done well before HIM became a minimosher metal band and b. I liked for the symbolism more than the music. Off topic, although back then HIM's music was good. Now it isn't. Nuff said.

I am hoping to get one in NYC but that depends on whether some people actually get back to me about tattoo studios rolleyes.gif
smallcuteanddeadly
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Sep 23 2004, 03:58 PM)
Option b doesn't make sense. How can you prefer them small and like them huge??? unsure.gif

I took it to mean although you generally like small ones, you don't dislike the huge ones either.

Though now I'm being forced to think, I may edit this in a minute... unsure.gif

EDIT Yup, I reckon it's a "like 'em both" option.
Azrael The Cat
I like them temporary. I haven't yet seen something I'd like to wear forever, and I didn't see this option up there so I didn't vote. Temporary tatoos are fun, because you can try different things and always keep on changing them. Kinda like clothing, actually.....

Alright, I'll vote. After I post this. For b, because I like them of all sizes. And yes, I like detail, and I'm sure you can get detail in huge mostly black designs as well. smile.gif
smallcuteanddeadly
QUOTE (Azrael The Cat @ Sep 23 2004, 06:14 PM)
I like them temporary. I haven't yet seen something I'd like to wear forever, and I didn't see this option up there so I didn't vote. Temporary tatoos are fun, because you can try different things and always keep on changing them. Kinda like clothing, actually.....

Alright, I'll vote. After I post this. For b, because I like them of all sizes. And yes, I like detail, and I'm sure you can get detail in huge mostly black designs as well. smile.gif

Yeah you can, I don't think I described what I meant very well. I'll look for some examples.
Gothymothy girl
i really really want a heartagram tatoo on my arm. .. . HIM is better then any band I've ever known. ..
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Gothymothy girl @ Sep 24 2004, 01:49 AM)
i really really want a heartagram tatoo on my arm. .. . HIM is better then any band I've ever known. ..

Then you need to broaden your horizons somewhat tongue.gif
Gothymothy girl
People often tell me that. . . it's just that I get into bands so incredibly, then I ditch them after like, three years, get into a new band, then go back to the first one. Currently, I should have said. o.O
~mad_marty~
No tattoos. That was it is harder for them to identify your body.
-Kurt
Well, Suppose i will tell you what i voted for:
D or hey i dont like tatoos they are ugly
oxym0ronical
I like them, big or small - if they're not tacky. I have two myself, one on each shoulder blade, and they're easily hid should I need to hide them.
Quoth(The Raven)
<Shudders> Why?
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Quoth(The Raven) @ Sep 27 2004, 05:16 AM)
<Shudders> Why?

Because we like the design, the ethic, the idea?? Why not?
Forever Unknown
I've got seven tattoos of varying sizes (nothing huge, though - I don't think it'd look right on me). I love them. They all symbolise a time in my life - 18th birthday (Gerald the Dragon), 21st (two symbols on my back), boost after a break-up (another on my back), the discovery of music I love (AFI's The Nephilim - such a cute character, top of left arm), cat's death (APC Mayan 'W', inside left elbow), and something I designed myself (tribal, top right arm, done with the prior one). I remember the days I had them done, what I got up to (ie, my 21st, I then spent my evening with lots of you forumites in T'Railway Inn). It's nice to have those kind of nice memories with you, and besides - I think they're so pretty.

At the end of the day - it's not the size, it's what you do with it that counts!
Snugglebum the Destroyer
I have three - a tribal 'thingy' on my left bicep. This was a cover up of my first tattoo(which I had at 16) which was a devil symbol. I'd like to have it covered again because I'm just not happy with it.

Second is a tiny plume of smoke on my right hip, on the back. There's no rhyme or reason to this one.

Third is a half backpiece. I took it from the cover of Gary Numens 'Exile' album. I saw the cover when I was 16 and thought that it was an amazing piece of work that would look great on the back. So a few years later. I altered the image and spent over 6 hours having it done.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Forever Unknown @ Sep 27 2004, 12:31 PM)
I remember the days I had them done, what I got up to

Ditto! biggrin.gif I remember getting my first tattoo on Valentine's Day 2002 and my dragon tattoo while I was in San Francisco. I can remember the smells, sights, sounds and feelings (ouch biggrin.gif) of it all. It's an experience not just a design smile.gif
Snugglebum the Destroyer
I always see it as a marker.

Every tattoo, piercing, scar or whatever is a milestone in my life. Whether I like it or hate it it symbolises something.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Sep 27 2004, 09:22 PM)
I always see it as a marker. 

Every tattoo, piercing, scar or whatever is a milestone in my life.  Whether I like it or hate it it symbolises something.

Again, ditto! smile.gif

Any idea on what to put on a piercing that is oozing white/yellow pus? sad.gif I think it's infected and I'm putting Savlon spray on it but any other ideas would be gratefully received unsure.gif

I am trying to get my next tattoo designed. Anyone up for the job or ideas?? Mata???! laugh.gif
CommieBastard
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Sep 28 2004, 11:46 AM)
Any idea on what to put on a piercing that is oozing white/yellow pus? sad.gif  I think it's infected and I'm putting Savlon spray on it but any other ideas would be gratefully received unsure.gif

Sounds septic...I'd say use an antiseptic on it, if that doesn't stop for a while go see a doctor, but of course IANAD. Where's the piercing?

Edit: so pretty much exactly what you're already doing. Amn't I helpful? wink.gif
Forever Unknown
A bit of salt water (not table salt - it's too strong) might help it out a bit. Simple yet effective.
Pixelgoth
So what type of salt should I use then? unsure.gif

And, yes Commie, pretty much what I'm doing already tongue.gif
Forever Unknown
I tend to use sea salt - works fine.
Alaric
I'll be getting the Fire ambigram on my arm soon.
jenofthejen
I have 13, they're not too small, but they're not huge. But on men, I like huge. (get your minds outta the gutter.. I'm talking about tatto's smile.gif)
Sleaves are a real turn on for me.
Aria
For infected piercings, soak regularly in hot/warm water, if you can. Also, wash with sea salt and/or a nonstinging mouthwash. This'll just help keep it clean.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Aria @ Sep 29 2004, 09:31 PM)
For infected piercings, soak regularly in hot/warm water, if you can. Also, wash with sea salt and/or a nonstinging mouthwash. This'll just help keep it clean.

From what I can remember salt water only dries out the wound. Savlon spray is best for treating infection itself. I know this from qualified piercers and experience as my ear has now stopped throbbing and oozing smile.gif I think it's best to soak in salt solution once the infection has cleared up to keep the wound dry and to help it finally heal so I shall be doing this shortly.

Zinc is also good as it boosts your immune system and helps heal quicker. This was also recommended by a qualified piercer and also someone from experience. Said their nipple piercing healed in no time at all by taking Zinc supplements smile.gif

Anyway, back on topic more, I am still trying to finalise my tattoo for NYC. I can't help thinking that it is going to be too uncomfortable to sit on the plane for 7 hours with a fresh tattoo. I am hoping to get it done near the beginning of the week. My tattoo in SF was done on the Tuesday and I flew back 8 days later and that was fine. But this was at the top of my back. I am hoping to have my 3rd on my lower back and that might be a tad uncomfortable?? What does anyone think?
Pab
If I ever get a tattoo, it'll be on my shoulder, and it'll be this:

O_o

Copyright Pab, dammit
Pixelgoth
I am still trying to get my bloke to finish the design for my next tattoo. He'd better hurry up otherwise it won't be done by the time I got to NYC sad.gif

Short of kicking him really hard I've run out of incentives laugh.gif
El Nino
I'm thinking of getting "Why? Because I can" Tattooed somewhere
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Because I can @ Oct 28 2004, 02:07 PM)
I'm thinking of getting "Why? Because I can" Tattooed somewhere

Why? laugh.gif
Mata
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Sep 30 2004, 11:16 AM)
I can't help thinking that it is going to be too uncomfortable to sit on the plane for 7 hours with a fresh tattoo.

Considering my friend had spent four days solidly being tattooed, as well as having a scarification done on his back, before getting on the plane back from SF (with a changover as well), it's fair to say that it _can_ be done. However, the wisdom of such an act is debatable!

Then again, it's so much more exotic to say 'oh yes, I got that one done in New York' than in the parlour above the chip-shop on the highstreet!
Little Green Goth
For a long while I've been debating on whether or not to get a tatoo. The only problem for me is that my stasts change almost everyday. And I've yet to see something I'd want. I think if I got one, it'd be of the unicorn from the movie The Last Unicorn with a baby dragon on her back named Gorbash from the movie Flight of Dragons. Or perhaps the title of the Dark Crystal with "In memory of Jim" under it.....

OK, so I HAVE ideas for good tatoos....but still, I'm not sure I'd want them 20 years from now.

off topic, I didn't know pixiegoth was comming to NYC...when is this happening?
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Little Green Goth @ Oct 29 2004, 01:49 PM)
OK, so I HAVE ideas for good tatoos....but still, I'm not sure I'd want them 20 years from now.

I know it goes without saying but I wouldn't recommend getting a tattoo you don't think you are going to want in "X" days/months/years time. What's the point? Get it done in henna and see if you like it. My tattoos will always be special to me. They are about me, moments in my life, people I want to remember and so on.

This tattoo will be about my trip to NYC which is something I've always wanted to do. Plus I am "padding out" the design on my lower back. I may not yet have anything done. I have to decide if the design is quite what I'm looking for, if the studio can tweak it to make it perfect, and I am going to decide when I get there and have checked out the tattoo parlours I have earmarked for the priviledge laugh.gif

QUOTE (Little Green Goth @ Oct 29 2004, 01:49 PM)
off topic, I didn't know pixiegoth was comming to NYC...when is this happening?

I'll be there from 7th to 14th but I'll be working most of that and sight seeing with Ed the rest of the time biggrin.gif
Little Green Goth
Quite true, one of the resions I've been so hesident to get one. Though the henna thing is a good idea, I'm not sure they'd have the colors needed for it.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Little Green Goth @ Oct 30 2004, 05:47 PM)
Quite true, one of the resions I've been so hesident to get one. Though the  henna thing is a good idea, I'm not sure they'd have the colors needed for it.

Henna is only done safely in brown. Don't use the black as it can burn the skin according to a tattoo artist I know.
oxym0ronical
To see mine, click here for the first, and here for the 2nd.
Medae
Getting my first tattoo two weeks from yesterday. smile.gif
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Medae @ Nov 14 2004, 12:56 AM)
Getting my first tattoo two weeks from yesterday.    smile.gif

Good luck!

I didn't get one done in New York in the end. It was too much hassle and I decided that it shouldn't be hassle and I obviously wasn't that keen if it was. Never get a tattoo if you're not keen kids laugh.gif

I want my next one done in Maui. It'll be a blue/green hisbicus with "ohana" over it.
Pixelgoth
I'm thinking of getting another tattoo on my neck just above my shoulders. Anyone know if this hurts lots?!?! ohmy.gif I was going to go for the Chinese symbol for dragon (long).

A simplified version of this;

http://www.chinavoc.com/dragon/char.asp
Snugglebum the Destroyer
I'm thinking of getting another tattoo on my neck just above my shoulders. Anyone know if this hurts lots?!?!

My tattoo runs up to the nape of my neck and it wasn't too bad at all. I found being tattooed on my lower back more diffecult to bear.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Dec 1 2004, 01:18 PM)
My tattoo runs up to the nape of my neck and it wasn't too bad at all.  I found being tattooed on my lower back more diffecult to bear.

Hmmm well I've got one there and that wasn't too bad. Bits hurt, bits didn't. My upper back tattoo hurt more but it was bigger and therefore took longer. I think I've just got a hankering to have a tattoo done rather than anything specific. I've always wanted the chinese symbol for dragon but never been 100% sure it was the right symbol. I also thought about getting it done on my hip. Bah! I can't decide and shall therefore wait until I can biggrin.gif
Quoth(The Raven)
The backward state of South Carolina just repealed a law making Tattoos illegal... Primarily because people were going to other states to get them, and taking their money with them. Then, of course, there were those getting them done illegally, which not only took money out of the State's pockets (Taxes, and such...), but posed health issues. Now, they're wrangling over Zoning for Tattoo parlors...(Shakes Head over foolishness of politicians).
Pixelgoth
Stupid politicians! rolleyes.gif

I am also thinking that something musical would be nice tattooed as I play the violin and it's a big part of my life. Perhaps some musical notes up my spine? biggrin.gif
spuglet
I've been plotting my tattoo designs for years and I've already had one last may, which i want to get improved and coloured in at some point, but ive finally got the design idea for my second one sorted, and now i just need someone to draw it! i wish i could draw or id do it. and i work in an art gallery too! pfft.

the one i have is a moon and star on my left hip/ stomach. Some hurt, some didnt. actually, at one point i got so relaxed the guy thought id passed out and stopped to make sure im ok. must have been the lack of muttered oaths that made him stop!

I was always going to have three tattoos, a celtic design, a paradox snake and a moon/star but ive devised a way to combine the snake within a celtic cross! woo! so now i need a friend to draw it for me and i think it shall be my 18th borthday present to myself.

On a previous topic, all my tattoos and piercinds mean something personal to me. My designs for tattoos have to be original to me and mean something. i could never have a design out of a book unless id modified it in some way. Its not really the time of life that they represent, more than some aspect of myself be it my ancestry or my fascinations! I would never have a band tattoo because, much as i love my music and it does make up a part of me, its not as big as a part of me that my tastes will never change and develop.

And for non permanant tattoos, there are ones you can get that last between 5 and 10 years, if you think youll change or that tattoos wont suit you when you get older.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (spuglet @ Dec 24 2004, 01:12 AM)
And for non permanant tattoos, there are ones you can get that last between 5 and 10 years, if you think youll change or that tattoos wont suit you when you get older.

I've heard they are awful and fade really quickly. I think if you're going to commit yourself to a tattoo and go through all that you should seriously think about getting it done forever?

I am thinking about taking a rubbing of my violin f holes and having them tattoo on my back as I have quite a curvy figure and would suit a violin shape quite nicely biggrin.gif Either that or a small collection of notes on my ankle. I haven't decided yet so, again, I will wait smile.gif
porcelainwarrior
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Jan 20 2005, 04:37 PM)
I am thinking about taking a rubbing of my violin f holes and having them tattoo on my back as I have quite a curvy figure and would suit a violin shape quite nicely biggrin.gif  Either that or a small collection of notes on my ankle.  I haven't decided yet so, again, I will wait smile.gif

What's an f-hole? It sounds odd...

Sorry for the spam but I can't decide what I want for a tattoo so I have nothing else to add...
Greeneyes
QUOTE (porcelainwarrior @ Jan 20 2005, 07:03 PM)
What's an f-hole? It sounds odd...

Violins have two holes on them either side of the fingerboard, shaped like 'f's. They do the same thing as the hole on an acoustic guitar, but are different for some reason, probably the shape of the instrument. You get them on violas, cellos and double bass' as well.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Greeneyes @ Jan 20 2005, 08:47 PM)
Violins have two holes on them either side of the fingerboard, shaped like 'f's.

I bought this Bleeding Edge goth this Saturday simply because she has f hole tattoos on her back. Check it out biggrin.gif It must be a sign? laugh.gif

Bleeding Edge
Erin
my veiw on tattoos: not worth doing unless i'm completely sure i won't regret it.

right now i think that if i get one it would be a black bleeding heart on my lower back or a jack skellington (fav movie:nightmare before christmas..made in early 90's.) tattoo on the side of my leg..but definately not on any major muscles..ouchies.. tongue.gif dry.gif cool.gif

or even possibly i would get "Led Zeppelin" with a dove above it tattoo'ed on my lower back.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.