Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: User Names
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Introductions and where to find a guide
Pages: 1, 2
dancing hamster guy
hi

haven't been here long but already feel welcomed so thanks.

just wondering what influenced your user names. I am mad about daning hamsters and i am a guy so dancing hamster guy suits me pretty well.

Please reply
Snugglebum the Destroyer
There is actually a whole thread devoted to this somewhere.

I'm not sure where though and I'm too lazy to look for you. biggrin.gif
smallcuteanddeadly
I'm small (barely 5"/152 cm)

I'm told I'm cute rolleyes.gif

And I'm a qualified self defense instructor.

I once got asked to describe myself in 3 words. I hadn't a clue what to say, so I asked my then housemate. This is what he came up with, and it stuck. I've used this as a username or sig ever since.
Forever Unknown
Mine's a fantabulous AFI reference but I want to change it because it's starting to annoy me.
dancing hamster guy
has anyone seen dancing hamsters before
smallcuteanddeadly
As in those toys? The boxing one that sing the theme tune from Rocky, and the kung fu hamster that sings "Everybody was Kung Fu Fightin'"? there are LOADS of 'em.
Pixelgoth
You'll be wanting to move this to Daily Life or Daft me thinks? unsure.gif

Yes this thread has been done lots of times before but it's always nice to resurrect "said topic" for the nOObs smile.gif

My name was from a friend saying I was dinky and like a goth and henceforth Pixiegoth was born laugh.gif I'm not really that small and I am in no way goth like but I guess for those people (like my mate) that aren't into metal/rock/goth we can all look very alike biggrin.gif
dancing hamster guy
are there really people that boil hamsters?
Ashbless
I heard hedgehog was good eating but I don't know why you'd want to cook hamster. Nothing much for food quantity in a hamster. Maybe it's like cornish game hens? Not much to the bird but fancy restaurants cook them up anyway. biggrin.gif

More seriously - if you know somebody who likes to boil hamsters and otherwise hurt small furry things then they may have a mental disorder and you may want to hint that to their folks or the school counsellor. Those sorts grow up into psychopaths and tend to go for human sized victims later in life. ph34r.gif

Hmm, I'm grumpy before my morning coffee.
*wanders off in search of coffee*
Forever Unknown
More seriously - if you know somebody who likes to boil hamsters and otherwise hurt small furry things then they may have a mental disorder and you may want to hint that to their folks or the school counsellor. Those sorts grow up into psychopaths and tend to go for human sized victims later in life.

Pffft! Tell that to Mata.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (dancing hamster guy @ Sep 24 2004, 12:00 PM)
are there really people that boil hamsters?

No rolleyes.gif
Ashbless
Yes, I've heard Mata eats kittens. Eh and look, he's gone from that to mentally torturing a whole board of people. (1000 + at last count) tongue.gif
Of course, we come here to let him do so. laugh.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Forever Unknown @ Sep 24 2004, 10:31 AM)
Mine's a fantabulous AFI reference but I want to change it because it's starting to annoy me.

i'd not made that connection....then again i'm probably not a hardcore fan like you tongue.gif

as for mine, see BloodSugarSexMagic by rhcp, not really a fitting name, i'm neither knighted, psychopathic or (what i would class as) sexy, but it seemed like a good idea at the time....but band references get REALLY boring really quickly...but only to them
Silver Star Angel of Da Towers
There's a story behind mine...

Silver comes from the fact that I love silver. Star comes from my belief thatI shine, and I love stars. Angel comes from my love of angels (and I'm an angel wink.gif ). Of Da Towers comes from the following story:

My first love told me that he lived near these towers (I'd give the name but it shows up on search engines), and I believed him. I passed them once and I started screaming and acting crazy. I later found out that he didn't live over there and that he didn't know what he was talking about. But ever since then, they've reminded me of good, wonderful, pure things. Also, I love architecture. laugh.gif
Ashbless
William Ashbless is a character in a novel by Tim Powers. The novel is 'The Anubis Gates' which is an excellent fantasy book dealing with time travel. My now ex and I both had web handles adapted from this name but when I left I appropriated it for my own use.
Sir Maxerpopple
The thread is of my creation. Search "Alias Meanings"
I Love Strawberries
Um... Well, I like Strawberries a lot....
And I was like "Um... Um... Um... I love Strawberries!" And well, it stuck. I like it biggrin.gif
ph34r.gif What's it to ya? ph34r.gif
dancing hamster guy
QUOTE (I Love Strawberries @ Sep 28 2004, 10:41 PM)
Um... Well, I like Strawberries a lot....
And I was like "Um... Um... Um... I love Strawberries!" And well, it stuck. I like it biggrin.gif
ph34r.gif  What's it to ya?  ph34r.gif

mmmm....strawberries
*drooling*
Forever Unknown
i'd not made that connection....then again i'm probably not a hardcore fan like you

Hell, yeah. Bow down at my feet, unworthy AFI minion!

Heh.

I kinda more used it because I first came on to be a tricky trickster with Snugs, and in other circumstances wouldn't be the name I'd use, but I'm stuck with it, so nev'mind. Makes people think I'm hardcore AFI girl, so no matter.

Even got an AFI avator. Yeah. I'm baaaaad.
valerie
I couldn't possibly imagine where mine came from... I think it was my mother's idea, you know rolleyes.gif
Quoth(The Raven)
Guess. laugh.gif
Sakura_chan
The anime Naruto. o.o;
dancing hamster guy
QUOTE (Quoth(The Raven) @ Sep 30 2004, 01:44 AM)
Guess.    laugh.gif

you don't happen to watch Total Non stop action?
the lil' pie fairy
QUOTE (Quoth(The Raven) @ Sep 30 2004, 12:44 AM)
Guess.    laugh.gif

Hmm...the Wyrd sisters books? You know...umm...the one with the bear, then The Raven's Knot, then the last one...I really hope I'm right now unsure.gif
Forever Unknown
*cough*Poe*cough*
Greeneyes
QUOTE (Forever Unknown @ Sep 30 2004, 06:51 PM)
*cough*Poe*cough*

Yeah, I assumed it was that, although you could be a Discworld reader who enjoyed the pun of the raven's name (the one who carries the Death of Rats around).
Quoth(The Raven)
Actually, my E-mail address says it: Ravenzchilde. Ravens and blackbirds have always been omens for me, and awhile back, I accepted Raven, of American Indian fame, as my personal Avatar (Or, He accepted me as Patron. Pretty much the same thing...)happy.gif. And I recently re-read 'The Raven', and was once again astounded by Poe's ability to turn a line... wub.gif I was tempted to call myself Raven, but there are so many Goth wannabes calling themselves that, online, these days... mad.gif Anyways, ya wormed it outta me... laugh.gif
PsychWardMike
It's an old stage name, actually - I used to be in a band and I would do some comedy. I give a lot of energy when I get into things so people started calling me "MadMike." I didn't like the flow of it, so I began to call myself PsychWardMike. The actual PsychWard inspiration comes from a shirt I have - bright orange that says in prison font "Psych Ward" and has, presumably, prison numbers on it. I used to wear that shirt constantly, so the name kind of stuck.

And then I moved - no one really calls me that anymore, but I use it as my name on all acounts on the internet.
The Lorax
Does the book by Dr. Suess ring a bell?
dancing hamster guy
QUOTE (The Lorax @ Oct 5 2004, 02:55 AM)
Does the book by Dr. Suess ring a bell?

Err.. no
PsychWardMike
What the hell? The Lorax is a classic. How can you not know the lorax?
dancing hamster guy
QUOTE (PsychWardMike @ Oct 6 2004, 12:18 AM)
What the hell?  The Lorax is a classic.  How can you not know the lorax?

ooo... sorry!
Jaq
I'm horrible at naming anything though I tend to have a dozen or so nicknames that other people keep giving me for unknown reasons. Suppose I just attract the dang things like flies to sheep dip. Anyways, when faced with naming myself I was stuck for about an hour before I finally went here to get my present neat little nick... that I now answer to... >_< Damn ironic names
jexx
im new and i think that ppl should start talking to me lol
dancing hamster guy
QUOTE (jexx @ Oct 7 2004, 03:40 PM)
im new and i think that ppl should start talking to me lol

Hi Jexx!
PsychWardMike
Fine: I speak. No text speak - site rule.
El Nino
I always choose any name I choose carefully (when I can) if that makes any sense
dancing hamster guy
QUOTE (Because I can @ Oct 8 2004, 10:20 AM)
I always choose any name I choose carefully (when I can) if that makes any sense

Not really
dancing hamster guy
Seeing how this topic is becoming a little stale I'll change the subject a little bit. Now I know where your names come from tell me a little about your avatars - mine is actually a real picture of me(honest)!
RandomGoth
Oki, where to start...

RandomGoth basically grew out of my habit of saying 'Random!' all the time. I say 'Random!' like other people say 'wow!' 'cool' and 'awesome'
One day my friend randomly came out with you random goth you and it sort of stuck. Behold the randomness of the RandomGoth!

My avatar is not gonna stay as what it is...but I chose it because its a goth and a skater! Read my intro post if you dont understand that.
Yours in randomness!
RG
Quoth(The Raven)
When setting up an account at Photobucket, I ran across the cutest picture of a kitten in a wineglass... I asked the owner if I could use it. She said yes. I resized it, cropped it, and here it is. But, I change my mind a lot... so he might not be there forever...
Jesters
Mine is from back in elementary school.. Everyone had a nickname and I wanted one, so emily and I spent all day coming up with one that had my name, "jess" in it.. Tada, since I'm clown, Jester fit fine.. I recently added the 's' because it sounded more original..lol
Ashbless
Welcome Jexx and welcome Jesters!

*hands them cookies*

My avatar is just a random one from the 'find avatar's here' part of 'my controls'. smile.gif I'm somewhat lazy so there is a good chance that I'll stick with doing that for a while.

Enjoy Matazone you Noobs!
Quoth(The Raven)
Edge the kitty is on vacation, for Halloween... I had a spinning Jack O'lantern, for a bit, and now I have a cat and a glowing Jack O'Lantern... If I weren't going away, next week, I'd change it a few more times... I've got tons of Halloweeny stuff, on my computer... Any one want a halloween AV? I'll be here until Monday morning...
JimiJimi
Jimi Hendrix was originally called Johnny Allen Hendrix, but his dad changed it to James Marshall Hendrix. His stage name was Jimi. My name is James, so Jimi was an obvious choice. Jimi is often taken on forums and the like, so normally I end up with MrJimi or JimiJimi or MrJimiJimi, and in one forum I even had JimiJimiJimi. To be honest, I have a strange feeling that Jimi in this forum might have been me, a couple of years ago. I can't remember.

Another one I pick on forums is Betamax.
Xkitsurabamix
Mine is japanese, and it spawned from my original nickname, 'Kitsu'...My friend was 'Kitsune'( 'fox') after that, so i switched to 'Kitsurabami' because it reminded me of a charicter on Furi Kuri, an awesome japanese show, and it wouldn't imply that i was going for the over-used nickname of 'fox'.
it's not spelled the same as the girl from Furi Kuri (sometimes translated as 'Fooly Cooly')
the x's were just because...
not sure why happy.gif
reminded me of my friend, a sexy hacker by the name of 'Hexer'
the lil' pie fairy
Umm, let's see. I forgot to post in this thread, back when it was made (sorry DHG).
Well, I love the concept of fairies (I don't care how you spell it, I spell it differently every time I write it, almost tongue.gif)
And I love pie. And, I'm short. So mostly, that's why I am the lil' pie fairy smile.gif
And my av is a funky fairy picture I found googling. It's kind of frosty, so I like it. And that's the way the cookie crumbles, folks.
monosodiumglutemate
mine? Well, see there's one sodium, and.. um.. I suppose there's some glutemate too. nice. I named myself this because I LOOVE names that are out of place and random, like I love srawberries, fiberglass monkey, and mylgdzntbndthtwy (I made this for myself on another site, it stands for 'my leg doesnt bend that way')
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Xkitsurabamix @ Oct 31 2004, 04:41 PM)
'Kitsu'...My friend was 'Kitsune'( 'fox')

ahh...with lots of tails...and mystical *nods*

done my name, its a little obvious, then again the av thing has been done, but to refresh, its a kitty, that purrs when you "pet" (click) it, made by pab from the kitty, he added the purring

wanna know WHY the kitty? well i'm not telling you! tongue.gif

edit: and it's purring! not drilling! tongue.gif
Forever Unknown
edit: and it's purring! not drilling!

Sounds a bit like an aeroplane or a mower. Good Izzard reference, though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.