Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ik Ben Toilet Papier
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Non-English forums
Pages: 1, 2
-Kurt
jij bent lul
gothictheysay
Isn't it "Ich bin Toilette Papier"?
Greeneyes
QUOTE (gothictheysay @ Sep 27 2004, 12:02 AM)
Isn't it "Ich bin Toilette Papier"?

It's Dutch dear, not German.
*pats you* tongue.gif
Usurper MrTeapot
Ik ben een Nederlander. Ik ook?
-Kurt
QUOTE (MrTeapot @ Sep 27 2004, 09:49 AM)
Ik ben een Nederlander. Ik ook?

droevig als mijn grammatica is shit, ik leer nog
Pab
We were just checking out the threads as we do on IRC, and an esteemed friend drew our attention to this one.
From the little dutch we know, and basing our guess on careful character analysis, we have concluded that the little -kurt person has posted a thread that starts with the phrase "you are cock", by which he means male genitalia, not fowl. Now, as much as this appears to be grammatically wrong, it is still puerile and trying to be obscene.

Ermmm ... do we want this? methinks not ....

I'm calling the 'Mature audience' card, and he aint it. We have scraped the bottom of the barrel a few times lately. 'Mature' ... where is 'mature'?

-kurt: Uw hersenen zijn shit, vriend. doe meer volwassen, Kut jong
CommieBastard
This thread has been brought to my attention.

Insults and obscenities of that nature are not acceptable on these forums, regardless of the language used. The rules are quite simple, and not at all difficult to follow. Please pay attention to them, -Kurt.
-Kurt
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Sep 29 2004, 11:43 AM)

Insults and obscenities of that nature are not acceptable on these forums, regardless of the language used. The rules are quite simple, and not at all difficult to follow. Please pay attention to them, -Kurt.

STFU
Snugglebum the Destroyer
STFU

May I present the best way to make friends and influence people.

Bravo - my friend. dry.gif
smallcuteanddeadly
-Kurt, go play with someone your own age. We're obviously a little too clever for you.
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (-Kurt @ Sep 29 2004, 04:54 PM)
STFU

My what a clever and incisive arguement you give there.
spiffilicious05
oh my
Sir Psycho Sexy
NOOO!!! *beats -kurt with a stick with a nail in* back to newgrounds with you!!! besmirch this place with your presence no more!!
-Kurt
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Sep 30 2004, 12:45 PM)
NOOO!!! *beats -kurt with a stick with a nail in* back to newgrounds with you!!! besmirch this place with your presence no more!!

Yeah, i'm cool their.
Cath Sparrow
Fair enough cause your not round here just a bit annoying really.
JimiJimi
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Sep 29 2004, 12:43 PM)

I don't want to make a fuss, but surely this is a bit hypocritical? I mean, look at the name...
Greeneyes
QUOTE (JimiJimi @ Oct 12 2004, 05:39 PM)
I don't want to make a fuss, but surely this is a bit hypocritical? I mean, look at the name...

QUOTE (Mata @ Sep 2 2004, 11:42 PM)
'Bastard' is a mild swear-word, and so falls into the arena of contextual decisions. I made a choice when Commie joined the forums to allow the word in his username because of the ironic tone of the name. If he, or anyone else, were to be constantly calling other people 'bastard' with the intention of causing offence then I would take action on that. He does not, he chose the name himself, and so I made a choice to allow it.

The man has spoken tongue.gif
Phantom
ik ben toilet papier tongue.gif het klinkt een beetje vreemd maar ach smile.gif
het is het enige Nederlandse wat ik tot nu toe ben tegen gekomen.

Zijn er wel Nederlandse mensen nog online?
Mata
Ha! Ik was vergeten dis gesprekt smile.gif Het is heel oude.

(How's my Dutch coming on?)
Phantom
QUOTE (Mata @ Jan 1 2011, 08:29 PM) *
Ha! Ik was vergeten dis gesprekt smile.gif Het is heel oude.

(How's my Dutch coming on?)

Ha! ik was dit gesprek vergeten smile.gif Het is een hele oude. Or Het is een oude or het is heel oud.

that is more what you were trying to say I think.

dis = dit, gesprekt = gesprek
You translated it directly from the English grammar smile.gif But the words that you spoke already showed progress.

Now I feel like a tough teacher tongue.gif

Heb je het boekje al kunnen lezen? En een gelukkig nieuwjaar
Mata
Het is niet een boekje; het is een boek. smile.gif Warom is alles kleine in Nederlands?

Een gelukig nieuwjaar te jij ook.
Phantom
QUOTE (Mata @ Jan 2 2011, 02:04 PM) *
Het is niet een boekje; het is een boek. smile.gif Warom is alles kleine in Nederlands?

Een gelukig nieuwjaar te jij ook.

We maken graag alles klein. Ik zeg boekje omdat het formaat niet groot is en het boekje
niet dik is. biggrin.gif Maar heb je al iets kunnen lezen?

knuffel ^^ Gaat het al wat beter met Laura's hand?
Mata
Ja, ik heb een of twee boekjes. Ze zijn vrij saai!

Lauras hand is goed nu, bedankt voor uw vraag.

Ik lief 'knuffel'! Het is zeer kwaii!
Phantom
kwaii? I really have no idea what that is.
btw do you use google translate tongue.gif or are you really trying to speak dutch?
the book question was referring to the book I gave you, I was
curious if you had a chance to read it tongue.gif

Hoe gaat het met je Nederlandse uitspraak? Heb je het nog
iets leuks gedaan in de vakantie?

Knuffel smile.gif
Mata
Sorry, ik wil 'kawaii' typen. (Ik denk 'typen' is recht.)

Ik hep een betje boekje lesen, maar het is nog te hard.

I'm mostly using Google translate for vocabulary and trying to guess the right sentence structures and verb conjugations. 'Kawaii' is Japanese for 'cute' smile.gif
MataTeachesMeLudology
QUOTE (Mata @ Jan 6 2011, 03:54 PM) *
Sorry, ik wil 'kawaii' typen. (Ik denk 'typen' is recht.)

Ik hep een betje boekje lesen, maar het is nog te hard.

I'm mostly using Google translate for vocabulary and trying to guess the right sentence structures and verb conjugations. 'Kawaii' is Japanese for 'cute' smile.gif
Recht is litterally right, as in to the right. Hard is litterally hard, as in 'that rock is hard'. tongue.gif The words you are looking for are 'correct' and 'moeilijk'.

You're getting there. How long have you been doing this?
Mata
Hmm... Ik heb Nederlands leren voor zeven maanden, ik denk. Ik gestart Nederlands leren drie maande voor ik gegaan naar Breda voor wonen.

(That seems like a lot of 'voor's in that sentence...)

I thought that those words probably weren't the 'correct' ones, but it's worth making a guess!
MataTeachesMeLudology
QUOTE (Mata @ Jan 9 2011, 09:57 PM) *
Hmm... Ik heb Nederlands leren voor zeven maanden, ik denk. Ik gestart Nederlands leren drie maande voor ik gegaan naar Breda voor wonen.

(That seems like a lot of 'voor's in that sentence...)

I thought that those words probably weren't the 'correct' ones, but it's worth making a guess!
It is worth it.

Learning Dutch is very hard when you're raised with a different language (especially Roman languages) and that can cause a lot of trouble trying to translate litterally. I've started learning is "Ik ben gestart met leren". Next to that, there are way too many exceptions in this language for it to speak correctly. Really, the only thing that fixes this is the feel for the language.

If you're not using any translator (except for dictionary use), you're doing a pretty good job. I think you should get to know some standard sentences to get a bit of the feel of the flow of the Dutch language.
Phantom
MataTeachesMeLudology is absolutely right. besides its a crappy language anyway tongue.gif
Probeer zo veel mogelijk te letten op waar wij de tijd en werkwoorden neerzetten enzovoort.
Ik merk dat je nog veel moeite hebt met meervouds vormen maar ik denk dat, dat wel goed komt.

tommorow another presentation for you mister teacher
MataTeachesMeLudology
QUOTE (Sharazad @ Jan 10 2011, 11:48 AM) *
MataTeachesMeLudology is absolutely right. besides its a crappy language anyway tongue.gif
Probeer zo veel mogelijk te letten op waar wij de tijd en werkwoorden neerzetten enzovoort.
Ik merk dat je nog veel moeite hebt met meervouds vormen maar ik denk dat, dat wel goed komt.

tommorow another presentation for you mister teacher
What team are you exactly?
Phantom

tommorow another presentation for you mister teacher[/quote]What team are you exactly?
[/quote]

3VA and you?
MataTeachesMeLudology
QUOTE (Sharazad @ Jan 10 2011, 10:46 PM) *
3VA and you?
1PR. I think that answer suffices for now. Enjoying the course as much as I am? smile.gif
Phantom
waarom de rare mystery? ja ik vind het erg leuk:)
maar wat is de naam?
MataTeachesMeLudology
Today Mata mentioned my existence on the forum in class (where he told about good websites). He was like "He must be going all 'Moohahahahaha!' right now." Funnily, I was, he didn't notice.

Will Mata uncover my true identity? Who knows..

For now, I'll recommend him to report to some site (I believe McAfee SafeSearch or something?) that this is not a hazardous site. It's not hacked Mata, someone reported it as unsafe.
Phantom
Why don't you just come up to me and talk tongue.gif
I pretty much spoke to ever programmer now ^^ (not about Matazone)
but I'm sure I know you wink.gif
MataTeachesMeLudology
QUOTE (Sharazad @ Feb 18 2011, 10:01 AM) *
Why don't you just come up to me and talk tongue.gif
I pretty much spoke to ever programmer now ^^ (not about Matazone)
but I'm sure I know you wink.gif
Pretty sure you've not talked to me.

But, you probably know me by face, I am quite an eccentric personality.

Can you tell who I am? I won't come up until you've figured out my name. Then I will certainly congratulate you on your findings.

Fun-fact: I am a programmer. I am not in PR1.
Phantom
To be honest with you,

I reaally do not care who you are.
The only thing I am wondering about is why you cannot
seem to obey the one rule of being mature and
post swearing in a topic.

I hope one day you realize that pretty much the majority of
the universe is not laying awake thinking of who one student is smile.gif

I am sorry if I am rude, but if you don't mind I do not want
to be congratulated for something that does not interest me.

I wish you good luck with your study progression
MataTeachesMeLudology
QUOTE (Sharazad @ Feb 20 2011, 03:49 PM) *
To be honest with you,

I reaally do not care who you are.
The only thing I am wondering about is why you cannot
seem to obey the one rule of being mature and
post swearing in a topic.

I hope one day you realize that pretty much the majority of
the universe is not laying awake thinking of who one student is smile.gif

I am sorry if I am rude, but if you don't mind I do not want
to be congratulated for something that does not interest me.

I wish you good luck with your study progression
Bedankt.

Vind het jammer dat je zo over mij denkt. Ik heb nergens onbeleefdheid geimpliceerd. Het spijt mij voor het schelden in dat topic, ik had de stemming en informaliteit van het forum verkeerd ingeschat, klaarsblijkend.

Maar goed, ik wens je ook veel succes met je studieprogressie.
Phantom
Hey,

je hebt alle kans nog om de impressies die je maakt te veranderen smile.gif
Phantom
Ik ben toilet papier, voor iedereen die Nederlands wil leren xD
I am toilet paper, for everyone who wants to learn Dutch
Mata
Ik hep geen tijd voor Nederlands leren nu, maar ik zal blijven waneer ik kan.
Phantom
QUOTE (Mata @ May 8 2011, 04:40 PM) *
Ik hep geen tijd voor Nederlands leren nu, maar ik zal blijven waneer ik kan.

Als je meer wil leren wees niet bang om contact op te nemen smile.gif
Mata
Bedankt, ik zal dat onthouden.
Mata
Okay, so here's me attempting to say 'I need to go to work now'.

Ik heb naar werk nu gaan nodig.

I always seem to put 'nu' in the wrong place. Was that right?
Phantom
QUOTE (Mata @ May 23 2011, 10:51 AM) *
Okay, so here's me attempting to say 'I need to go to work now'.

Ik heb naar werk nu gaan nodig.

I always seem to put 'nu' in the wrong place. Was that right?

try, to forget the English grammar, you literally seem to translate it smile.gif
There are different ways to say this, but the phrase 'I need to go to work now'
is more often put to 'I need to go now' or 'I am going to work'

in that order it would be:

Ik moet nu naar mijn werk toe gaan

Ik moet nu gaan

Ik ga naar het werk (or) Ik ga nu naar werk

If you would say 'I need to get back to work' it's

Ik moet terug aan mijn werk

Translating your sentence :Ik heb naar werk nu gaan nodig.
back to English it would be: I got to work now going need.

The 'heb' is difficult in this situation, I can understand why you went for 'heb', but
that it's something you own, correct English would be got.
In Dutch as well as in German we like to say thing with the word 'must'
so when in English 'have' occurs we often use 'moet'

ik moet/ I have to
jij moet/ you have to
wij moeten/we have to (moeten is plural)

hij moet/ he has to
zij moet/ she has to
jullie moeten/ those have to

I will leave it at this now, if you have questions please do not hesitate

Mata
Ah, that's interesting. I have been learning it from one source with 'I need it' being expressed by saying 'ik heb het nodig' (literally 'I have it necessary'). I've not really must moet much yet. I think it would be good to start trying to use that more - maybe I'll confuse people less! Thanks smile.gif

My current thing to do while bored is trying to translate my current earworm into Dutch, for example 'Hey Mr Tamborine man, play a song for me' was going through my head for a while today. I didn't get very far on that one, (Hey Meneer Tamborine meneer, speel een xxxx voor mij!) but I've occasionally hit some where I've done pretty well biggrin.gif
Phantom
QUOTE (Mata @ Jun 3 2011, 11:46 PM) *
Ah, that's interesting. I have been learning it from one source with 'I need it' being expressed by saying 'ik heb het nodig' (literally 'I have it necessary'). I've not really must moet much yet. I think it would be good to start trying to use that more - maybe I'll confuse people less! Thanks smile.gif

My current thing to do while bored is trying to translate my current earworm into Dutch, for example 'Hey Mr Tamborine man, play a song for me' was going through my head for a while today. I didn't get very far on that one, (Hey Meneer Tamborine meneer, speel een xxxx voor mij!) but I've occasionally hit some where I've done pretty well biggrin.gif

indeed sounds very good, that's also a way how I got pretty far with German, btw song is liedje (normally 'lied' but you know we make everything smaller ;P)
Mata
I once asked for a beer in a bar and they didn't understand until I said biertje. Apparently they don't sell normal sized beers, only small ones. I find it even more silly that to get a pint you have to ask for een grote biertje.
Phantom
QUOTE (Professor Mata Van Giggly Toes P @ Jun 13 2011, 02:52 PM) *
I once asked for a beer in a bar and they didn't understand until I said biertje. Apparently they don't sell normal sized beers, only small ones. I find it even more silly that to get a pint you have to ask for een grote biertje.

Biertje has to do with several beer companies making slogans with biertje, making everyone say it ^^ and for
some strange reason its easier for us to say something with '-tje' I guess.
And the reason you get a smaller beer, is because they are cheaper, so bought more XD (jep pre conceptual Dutch bastards we are fitting right in the 'gold member' sections of Austin Powers).
Mata
[Turn around], altijd nu en dan ik hep een betje [lonely] en jij komt heir niet...

Hmm. It's tricky trying to do 'Total eclipse of the heart' in Dutch.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.