Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Calling All Englishmen; Whaddaya Think Of The Us?
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2
Mutilation
QUOTE (Hobbes @ Oct 13 2004, 07:30 PM)
QUOTE (Mutilation @ Oct 13 2004, 05:12 PM)
No, in Scotland it's "When do you want your deep fat fried caramel crumb choclate chip Mars bar?" Because this is a Daft area thread and we are allowed to pretend to be prejudice.

Nice recovery...

QUOTE (Mutilation @ Oct 13 2004, 05:12 PM)
And there is a big differece between path and pavement. A pavement is next to a road. A path is something that runs through the countryside of forest or other stuff like that.

Not where I live/have lived. Path and pavement are interchangeable.

I'm not sure if "nice recovery" is an insult, but what the hey.

And you must live in the country if path and pavement are interchangable. Where exactly in the countryside do you live, Devon or Cornwall?
Hobbes
QUOTE (Mutilation @ Oct 13 2004, 07:40 PM)
And you must live in the country if path and pavement are interchangable. Where exactly in the countryside do you live, Devon or Cornwall?

Hmm... not quite.

I don't mean that the notion of a country lane is equal to a concrete path/pavement beside a road. I mean that the words are interchangeable. In that, I've used path and/or pavement for a... uh.. "sidewalk" all my life, and so have many other people where I've lived.
FishFace
Hmmm... I think path is sometimes used for pavement, but more often it's used for a walkway outside that does not follow the road. (e.g. countryside, but also a shortcut)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.